Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool v Man Utd Sunday 22nd March 1.30pm

Read 20744 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool v Man Utd Sunday 22nd March 1.30pm
      Reply #23: Mar 18, 2015 10:38:12 pm
      Ouch! You'll be glad to get to the games during pre-season then eh? You and AR have it bad having to stay up that late, or wake up that early!

Yeah of course pumped for those. 7:30pm kick offs and i'll be in the stands ;D

It's ok for me. I don't have a family or work every morning like AR so it's tougher for him to catch games, but i plan my sleeping a day ahead to not miss out.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #24: Mar 18, 2015 10:40:31 pm
      Yeah of course pumped for those. 7:30pm kick offs and i'll be in the stands ;D

It's ok for me. I don't have a family or work every morning like AR so it's tougher for him to catch games, but i plan my sleeping a day ahead to not miss out.

Dedication mate, fair play! Have you been to Anfield, or plan to? Try to get over as much as possible from Ireland, maybe get to two/three games a season so I do feel lucky in a way.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #25: Mar 18, 2015 10:41:20 pm
      Most important game of the year?

3-2 win for us is my prediction.

Apologies for the double post, most definitely though. I predict a 3-0 or 3-1, I don't think they'll trouble us much to be honest.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #26: Mar 18, 2015 10:47:40 pm
      Dedication mate, fair play! Have you been to Anfield, or plan to? Try to get over as much as possible from Ireland, maybe get to two/three games a season so I do feel lucky in a way.

At the Palace game at Anfield last season where we won 3-1 was my first ever Anfield game. Suarez' first game and Stevie, Sturridge and Luis all scored. Ended up walking from Anfield back to the city centre amongst all the other Reds - was amazing. Shout out to Venison for ending up giving me his ticket - eternally grateful. Being Luis' first game at Anfield of the season it was hard to get hold of one.

Kind of glad all i have to do is wake up and watch the game on tele. If i lived in the country i'd be broke going to every game. Fair play yourself heading over whenever you can, definitely not the cheapest trip.
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #27: Mar 18, 2015 10:56:14 pm
      At the Palace game at Anfield last season where we won 3-1 was my first ever Anfield game. Suarez' first game and Stevie, Sturridge and Luis all scored. Ended up walking from Anfield back to the city centre amongst all the other Reds - was amazing. Shout out to Venison for ending up giving me his ticket - eternally grateful. Being Luis' first game at Anfield of the season it was hard to get hold of one.

Kind of glad all i have to do is wake up and watch the game on tele. If i lived in the country i'd be broke going to every game. Fair play yourself heading over whenever you can, definitely not the cheapest trip.

Ah it's cheap enough for me, the family live in York which is about 2 & 1/2 hours away by car, my flights cost feck all. Tickets cost more than the flights to be honest depending on how long in advance I book as I don't fly to Liverpool direct. But I'd imagine your flights would cost upwards of 1k no? Glad you've been, just wish the atmosphere was much better for when some of our forum members are over so they can see what a proper atmosphere is like!

Nice game to be at, lucky it wasn't the away fixture last season eh! :laugh:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #28: Mar 18, 2015 11:00:52 pm
      Ah it's cheap enough for me, the family live in York which is about 2 & 1/2 hours away by car, my flights cost feck all. Tickets cost more than the flights to be honest depending on how long in advance I book as I don't fly to Liverpool direct. But I'd imagine your flights would cost upwards of 1k no? Glad you've been, just wish the atmosphere was much better for when some of our forum members are over so they can see what a proper atmosphere is like!

Nice game to be at, lucky it wasn't the away fixture last season eh! :laugh:

Atmosphere was great! I was close to the Palace fans and they sang/chanted all match...Reds fans were dead after YNWA.

Bit more than $1k unfortunately. Very glad it wasn't the away match :D
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #29: Mar 18, 2015 11:05:45 pm
      Atmosphere was great! I was close to the Palace fans and they sang/chanted all match...Reds fans were dead after YNWA.

Bit more than $1k unfortunately. Very glad it wasn't the away match :D

Unfortuantely it's the way it's been for a while, I hate that we're that dead sometimes. Was sitting in that exact same position in the main stand for the Villa home game this season and they were fantastic, kept at it up all game whereas we had one or two moments chants wise but eventually lost and the athmosphere just wasn't there!

Enjoy pre-season anyways mate, hope you AR et al have a ball!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #30: Mar 18, 2015 11:10:00 pm
      I agree with you but not many people will want to get sloshed at 3am Monday morning :D

Midnight kick off ain't too bad. It's the Sunday afternoon games UK times that kill us when kick off is 3-4am.

Shocking kick off for me personally mate.

Game will be wrapped up at 2am I have a 6am flight to Melbourne meaning I will be up at 4:45am lose and I will be unsettled and not sleeping a wink.

Terrible timing I will be wrecked the whole day only option is changing flights to leave on Sunday night and getting to Melbourne and finding a pub to watch the game not a fan of the solo pub trips though.

Anyways agree with the "Kill Kill Kill" cries can't stand this lot and for me it is always the biggest game on the calendar.

Come on you reds!!!!!!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #31: Mar 18, 2015 11:13:58 pm
      Shocking kick off for me personally mate.

Game will be wrapped up at 2am I have a 6am flight to Melbourne meaning I will be up at 4:45am lose and I will be unsettled and not sleeping a wink.

Terrible timing I will be wrecked the whole day only option is changing flights to leave on Sunday night and getting to Melbourne and finding a pub to watch the game not a fan of the solo pub trips though.

Anyways agree with the "Kill Kill Kill" cries can't stand this lot and for me it is always the biggest game on the calendar.

Come on you reds!!!!!!!!

Bloody hell :D Might have to sleep all Sunday if you can mate.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #32: Mar 18, 2015 11:16:32 pm
      Bloody hell :D Might have to sleep all Sunday if you can mate.

Nah ill be too pumped and jittery about the game mate.

Anyways happy bday I hope we get the 3 points for ya.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #33: Mar 19, 2015 12:12:28 pm
      i honestly think we will come out the blocks with a rocket up the bum and smash them. 2-0 to LFC
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #34: Mar 19, 2015 03:50:21 pm
      Anyone else getting the feeling Fellaini will get sent off, maybe for an elbow to Can's head? (Emre seems to attract red card offenses)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #35: Mar 19, 2015 04:40:15 pm
      Anyone else getting the feeling Fellaini will get sent off, maybe for an elbow to Can's head? (Emre seems to attract red card offenses)

Yeap, I was thinking that before, not specifically to Can really, just that he's a dirty sod with his elbow crap, it's a crime the way he gets away with it.
      If we play high tempo then I'd expect us to win this match quite easily.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #36: Mar 19, 2015 06:32:03 pm
      I think there's a chance of red cards for both sides. The atmosphere will be unbelievable, maybe as good as Chelsea in the champions league.

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Mar 19, 2015 06:40:34 pm
      If there is one player who won't get sent off then it's Fellaini. He elbows about 3 people a game and never gets pulled on it.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #38: Mar 19, 2015 07:45:35 pm
      Hate this game with a passion, always have. So much at stake. A few will jump on me nut I'd take a draw now to be honest. A win would be massive but so would a loss. They have got the tougher run in so even if we drew I still think we are in great shape moving forward. I can't make my mind up whether we should start with Studge or not. I wonder if we're better off starting with the same line up as the City game with Sterling up top? It makes for a better pressing game and also makes us very difficult to mark. For all his quality Studge still looks short of it to me, like he needs another 6/7 games to get to 100 percent still. Maybe he would be better on the bench with the skipper.

Heart says we win it 2-0 head says 1-1 draw
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #39: Mar 19, 2015 08:48:41 pm
      Hate this game with a passion, always have. So much at stake. A few will jump on me nut I'd take a draw now to be honest. A win would be massive but so would a loss. They have got the tougher run in so even if we drew I still think we are in great shape moving forward. I can't make my mind up whether we should start with Studge or not. I wonder if we're better off starting with the same line up as the City game with Sterling up top? It makes for a better pressing game and also makes us very difficult to mark. For all his quality Studge still looks short of it to me, like he needs another 6/7 games to get to 100 percent still. Maybe he would be better on the bench with the skipper.

Heart says we win it 2-0 head says 1-1 draw

Pretty much exactly how I feel. A draw isn't a poor result for us. The two big decisions to be made are whether Studge/Sterling starts up top, and who starts at RWB. Personally, I'd opt for:

Migs
      Can - Skrtel - Sakho
      Markovic -Hendo - Allen - Moreno
      Lallana - Coutinho
      Sterling

Markovic catches sh*t sometimes for not being brave enough in possession, but sometimes it is nice to have players who play simple and keep the ball. Also, he has really surprised me with his ability to read the game and avoid being caught out of position in the wing back role.

Hoping for any kind of win, but will be happy enough with a draw and a point.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #40: Mar 19, 2015 09:06:16 pm
      Hit them with high tempo from the start , keep the defence as solid as it has been and we'll get a result .
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #41: Mar 19, 2015 09:27:09 pm
      Migs
      Can - Skrtel - Sakho
      Lallana - Coutinho
      Sterling

That's the team I'd go for as well Harry.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #42: Mar 19, 2015 09:31:04 pm
      Every game between now and the end of the season is a biggie.
      But this especially so as we can jump ahead of Utd. And ... it's Utd. And the 3-0 defeat hurt pretty bad earlier in the season.
      So not only do we owe them one, we can set them back.
      It's a bit galling that they appear to be so shee-itteee and are somehow still ahead of us. De Gea their best player, the F***ing lucky shower of fuckwits.
      Niggles a bit that we really should be beating them, but they are so jammy, they might get something out of it.
      Still, reckon if Skyrtel does a good job on carpethead, a lot of their better play comes from him, we could keep them quiet.
      Expecting BR to send the lads out full of confidence, that's one thing about BR and the big matches, he doesn't shirk or go in any way defensive, he'll go all out to win, and I love that about his approach.
      Big 3 pts at stake...
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #43: Mar 19, 2015 10:26:40 pm
      Pretty much exactly how I feel. A draw isn't a poor result for us. The two big decisions to be made are whether Studge/Sterling starts up top, and who starts at RWB. Personally, I'd opt for:

Migs
      Can - Skrtel - Sakho
      Lallana - Coutinho
      Sterling

Markovic catches sh*t sometimes for not being brave enough in possession, but sometimes it is nice to have players who play simple and keep the ball. Also, he has really surprised me with his ability to read the game and avoid being caught out of position in the wing back role.

Hoping for any kind of win, but will be happy enough with a draw and a point.

Same here mate that would be my team to start the game, lots of pace, lots of movement and lots of energy and a cracking bench with Studge and Stevie ready to step as the game opens up a touch.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #44: Mar 19, 2015 10:30:31 pm
      Watched them closely, they play as a unit, defence as a unit, attack as a unit. LVG is very smart, he knows very well their weakness is in their defence and I could see he has put many players in front of their defence. That's the very reason that fooker fellani has become an important part of LVG's tactics, he has put that big bully in front to their their defence to shield their defence and their defence is as fragile as a glass.

Put enough players inside utd's box and they will succumb. The battle is won or lost in midfield.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #45: Mar 19, 2015 10:51:29 pm
      Never been so confident about a big game, think we´ll destroy the mancs. 4:0

Mignolet

Škrtel                Sakho     
      Can                                              Moreno
                             Gerrard

Hendo         Allen

Lallana                         Coutinho
                             Sterling

Jones, Johnson, Touré, Lovren, Lucas, Markovič, Sturridge.

Quick Reply