Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Liverpool v Man Utd Sunday 22nd March 1.30pm

Read 20797 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Liverpool v Man Utd Sunday 22nd March 1.30pm
      Reply #69: Mar 20, 2015 01:23:46 pm

Hope so. Got him first goal scorer and a 2-0 win :)
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #70: Mar 20, 2015 01:34:42 pm
      Really?

More like Gerrard dropped into the Allen role allowing both Hendo and Allen to move further up and the wing backs pushed up but still a back 3.
      Disagree, Can was hugging a line when we had a ball (and we had plenty of it), allowing Sterling to play inside forward pretty much.
      We had no right wing back in  the 2nd half, Can was covering that space with Sterling cutting inside causing them real trouble.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #71: Mar 20, 2015 01:40:22 pm
      :lmao:

Have ya seen the scum banner they got for Sunday

Sir Matt & Sir Alex

Bill & Bob

I'm sure the whole Kop will be in floods of tears over that one, message to all scumbag mancs really must try harder.

Such a shame that Matt Busby is associated with that club.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #72: Mar 20, 2015 01:41:00 pm
      does people think Gerrard will start if so in what role would you play him? i would play him further forward if he's going to play but for me i would have him on the bench and bring him on around the 65,70min mark.
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #73: Mar 20, 2015 01:45:41 pm
      Somebody at Reddit was suggesting this in retaliation for the Sir Matt/Sir Alex banner...

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #74: Mar 20, 2015 01:46:54 pm

Have ya seen the scum banner they got for Sunday

Sir Matt & Sir Alex

Bill & Bob

I'm sure the whole Kop will be in floods of tears over that one, message to all scumbag mancs really must try harder.

What a glory it is to be preferred by the establishment!
      chanfield
      • Forum Youth Player

• 9 posts |
      Reply #75: Mar 20, 2015 01:49:51 pm
      I'm really up for this game, would love to be there. Going to be a great atmosphere. Let's make sure we send the OT lot back down the East Lancs with their tails between their legs. Would take a 1-0 win so I can enjoy Monday back at work! YNWA C'mon Reds!!!  ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #76: Mar 20, 2015 02:15:03 pm
      does people think Gerrard will start if so in what role would you play him? i would play him further forward if he's going to play but for me i would have him on the bench and bring him on around the 65,70min mark.

Bench for me mate.

Like you say bring him on at 60.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #77: Mar 20, 2015 02:41:37 pm
      What a glory it is to be preferred by the establishment!

Royal titles and labels are the idle worshippers' solace. It distracts from the lack of a true connection with their lowly club.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #78: Mar 20, 2015 02:47:37 pm
      be amazing if we win and they go on a little losing streak say next 3 games whilst we win and they dont get a CL slot again it will cripple them as (like us) big stars will stop going there just because of their past and will go to the CL teams of england
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #79: Mar 20, 2015 02:51:24 pm
      I love and hate playing Man Utd. I'm always looking forward to it, I get nervous a week in advance, so excited and up for it! But then the game starts and the nerves always get the better of me and it is usually a nearly painful experience; unless we score a few and the win looks secure, only then I can (kind of) relax a bit.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #80: Mar 20, 2015 04:20:09 pm

If he is fully fit then he starts for me.

These are the sort of fixtures you want Steven Gerrard playing in. United aren't particularly blessed with pace which will suit Steven.

No disrespect to Joe Allen, he has played very well recently and you could argue that it would be unfair to drop him, but in a must win game against Manchester United of all teams then Stevie gets the nod every time.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #81: Mar 20, 2015 04:27:05 pm

These are the sort of fixtures you want Steven Gerrard playing in. United aren't particularly blessed with pace which will suit Steven.

No disrespect to Joe Allen, he has played very well recently and you could argue that it would be unfair to drop him, but in a must win game against Manchester United of all teams then Stevie gets the nod every time.

Not for me, he has to earn his place and besides we have had other big games this season and has shown at this stage of his career if he is going to be used then it's as a impact sub.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #82: Mar 20, 2015 04:29:30 pm
      Really hard to call this game, I think we'll win though but it will be nervy.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #83: Mar 20, 2015 04:38:13 pm

I disagree, they'll have players like Carrick, Herrera, Mata and Fellaini trying to control the central midfield with Rooney dropping deep to supplement them. We need a couple of work horses like Hendo and Allen to stifle them and creativity/pace of Couts and Sterling to stretch them.

Gerrard doesn't offer much over and above Allen in this kind of game partly because he's too slow to mark their attackers and partly because United play with a 5/6 man midfield typically when you add Rooney, which means Stevie won't have the time on the ball to pick out decisive passes, which is his strength. I'd go with

Migs

Can         Skrtl          Sakho

Marko     Allen       Hendo        Moreno

Couts       Sterling

Studge

Stevie, Lallana and Balotelli to come on in the second half depending on how the game is going. Balo loves United :)
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #84: Mar 20, 2015 04:39:57 pm
      I disagree, they'll have players like Carrick, Herrera, Mata and Fellaini trying to control the central midfield with Rooney dropping deep to supplement them. We need a couple of work horses like Hendo and Allen to stifle them and creativity/pace of Couts and Sterling to stretch them.

Gerrard doesn't offer much over and above Allen in this kind of game partly because he's too slow to mark their attackers and partly because United play with a 5/6 man midfield typically when you add Rooney, which means Stevie won't have the time on the ball to pick out decisive passes, which is his strength. I'd go with

Migs

Can         Skrtl          Sakho

Marko     Allen       Hendo        Moreno

Couts       Sterling

Studge

Stevie, Lallana and Balotelli to come on in the second half depending on how the game is going. Balo loves United :)

That's how I see it as well.
      The time for Gerrard to come on is when the game is getting stretched and becoming more open as players tire, then he can exploit the space.
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #85: Mar 20, 2015 06:17:53 pm
      Always the first fixture i look at when the fixture list comes out,stood on the Kop in 1983 and watched my first Liverpool-utd match,some may dis-agree but for me it is the number 1 fixture in world football,and i hope we smash the fuckers on sunday.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #86: Mar 20, 2015 07:47:08 pm
      Looking forward to us hammering this sh*te club.

4-0.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #87: Mar 20, 2015 09:09:55 pm
      The major worry I have for Sunday is that there are too many reminders of last years game against Chelski. Given our respective run ins it's much more of a must win game for them than it is for us.
      That was the same situation as last year against Chelski when Brendan got his tactics all wrong, allowing them to park the bus and beat us on the break.
      If the Mancs turn up on Sunday with the same tactics we need to be wary against going gung ho in search of a fan pleasing 4/5-0 win.
      Force them to come out and use our speed to hit them
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #88: Mar 20, 2015 09:32:15 pm
      Lets smash these Manc Cu*ts. F***ing hate the bas**rds with a passion. Hope Sideshow Bob gets sent off early but knowing the Mancs luck, he'll get away with f**king murder.

Come on boys, let's shut these pricks up and start their decline down the Table.

ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #89: Mar 20, 2015 10:17:18 pm
      Lets smash these Manc Cu*ts. F***ing hate the bas**rds with a passion. Hope Sideshow Bob gets sent off early but knowing the Mancs luck, he'll get away with f**king murder.

Come on boys, let's shut these pricks up and start their decline down the Table.

I hope the Anfield crowd are as partisan as F**k, and bully the ref into giving us favourable decisions, just like the Old Tramp fart crowd do, especially if we can get that big microphone sent off  >:D
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #90: Mar 20, 2015 10:31:19 pm
      Already have the churning in my stomach. Have convinced myself that I wont care if we lose. Worked against City....

Not sure when it started, but I seriously loathe UTD for sooo long now. Its not some kind of immature petty hatred I am talking about here... it festers deep. I would love UTD dropping out of the top4 again and watching their sh*t house fall asunder.

We are on the up... We have the best manager/coach in the PL and hes YOUNG. We have the best young team in the league. We are the most inform team... We have the ability to play great footie... we just arent right now...

We just need to step up to that other level we had a few months back.... We have been sh*t the past few games. No tempo, no composure but we do have a winning mentality.... and it smells great.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #91: Mar 20, 2015 10:44:24 pm
      I have an absolute hatred for Everton and Chelsea, but I would always want them to beat the Scum! Pretty much shows how I feel about this disese they call Utd!

Quick Reply