Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      12 (11.3%)
      Can
      1 (0.9%)
      Skrtel
      11 (10.4%)
      Sakho
      49 (46.2%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      4 (3.8%)
      Allen
      2 (1.9%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      6 (5.7%)
      Coutinho
      8 (7.5%)
      Gerrard
      12 (11.3%)
      Balotelli
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd: In game and post match debate.

Read 62598 times
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd: In game and post match debate.
      Reply #552: Mar 22, 2015 03:46:14 pm
      Not good enough that first half, especially the first 20/25 minutes where we looked like we didn't fancy it at all.

Gutted doesn't cover it.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3944 
      Reply #553: Mar 22, 2015 03:46:26 pm
      Credit to Stevie there, he fronted up, accepted responsibility and apologised to his team mates, the manager and the fans for costing us the game.
      I don't think we need to crucify him for it, he'll do that himself!

Credit indeed, Stevie will be gutted.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #554: Mar 22, 2015 03:46:52 pm
      Whatever the FA does, the Skrtel stamp will be viewed alongside the Costa incident.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Man Utd
      Reply #555: Mar 22, 2015 03:47:05 pm
      Lost this game in the first 30 minutes. When it was level pegging and all equal for both sides they utterly dominated us. That is what is most worrying for me. I still don't believe they are a better side than us but today they bossed us all over the pitch.

We were out played out sung and out thought tactically

Anything else was just salt in the wounds after that. All the Gerrard stamp meant was that we were definitely not getting anything from the game. Too many players went missing today and though it's easy to point the finger, especially Henderson.

Mignolet 7 - Thought he might have done better with the second Mata strike, but then again, it was some strike; Migs just seemed statue still. Great penalty save

Skrtel 7 - Not a bad display but fully expect a red card for his stamp on De Gaea
      Sakho 7 - Shaky at first but grew into the game; will always give me kittens
      Can 3 - Oh dear. Best to say he is not a defender. Gave away a penalty and out of position so many times.

Moreno 2 - This guy cannot play defensively at all. Was to blame for both goals and looks like a little boy out there. Dreadful performance - young or not. Honestly think we need to sell him on. Average player at best.
      Sterling 4 - Ok he's no wing back but even going forward he's still doing the same frustrating things, running into dead ends or losing the ball way too cheaply

Henderson 3 - Huffed and puffed, but was so out of the game it's weird. Does he switch off or what? Inexplicable
      Allen 4.5 - Poor first half and only a little better second half. Got bullied and a few unforced errors to boot

Sturridge 6 - Still looks rusty, still looking unfit, but even so, my issue with Studge is that he's too lazy a player for me. Seeing as we play him basically on his own up front this hurts us more than it should (we never saw it so much with Suarez because Suarez was so high tempo alongside him). He needs a live-wire up there with him, he needs a more energetic player alongside him, someone who will close down all day. Good strike otherwise he gets a 5.
      Coutinho 4 - The most inconsistent player I've seen for the longest time. When he's good he's breathtaking, when he's poor, he's invisible.
      Lallana 3 - No impact. Becoming par for the course. 

Balotelli 5 - Not much to say other than thank you to the crowd for helping him stay on the pitch

Gerrard 10 - F***ing get in there!

Gerrard 6 - Thought he did well enough for the 25 seconds he was on. Looked up for it, got the crowd going with a great first tackle, and sprayed a great pass out wide just before his head went. He has given more ammunition for the inbreds to sing about next time.

Boss 4 - Think he got it wrong today, we were smashed in midfield and forgot our pressing game as a result. Nothing much he could have done about the Gerrard stamp but there you go.

Atkinson 4 - So many little fouls from the munts yet how many yellow cards? Oh, and I fully expect him to apologise in the paper tomorrow or on T.V. for not sending off Phil Jones too. Like that's going to happen.

Today was one of those inexplicable days where we just stopped doing what we're good at, where we abandoned the basics, like pressing and closing down.

If we can get draws away to Arsenal and Chelsea and pick up points elsewhere, I believe we'll get 4th, because the scum have a trickier run in.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #556: Mar 22, 2015 03:47:26 pm
      "The decision was right. I want to apologise to my team-mates, the manager and supporters" - Steve Gerrard on red card

Credit for taking responsibility

He should have apologised to the Supporters first, we are the ones that are gonna be copping grief for weeks to come.

F**k I hate those Manc cu*ts!

frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #557: Mar 22, 2015 03:51:26 pm
      F**k, the commentator said there were internationals now. Does that mean we have to to stew on that sh*t for the next 2 weeks?

Sure does !  I posted earlier that we have to stew on this for 2 weeks before facing the Arse !
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #558: Mar 22, 2015 03:52:26 pm
      Sure does !  I posted earlier that we have to stew on this for 2 weeks before facing the Arse !

F**k, the night just got even worse.

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #559: Mar 22, 2015 03:52:29 pm
      Ok, what Stevie did was foolish but it does not take away the fact that our performance in the first 1/2 hour was nothing but embarassing and it caused us the game. Have our players had too much to eat on Saturday or that the players were suffering from an overhang, or fearing utd. I don't know which one is more accurate, 3 yards off the pace, no fight, no determination, no urgency.

They have taken 6 points from us this season, BR start to look into the bloody tactics it's awful; you don't put two pint size players in midfield trying to control fellatio that goes to show your naivety. Go start scouting for a a burly DM for next season.
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #560: Mar 22, 2015 03:54:20 pm
      Last Season. Chelsea Won. Unbeaten. Gerrard Slipped. Chelsea Won, lost the title.

This Season. MU Won. Unbeaten. Gerrard Off 40 seconds. MU Won, lost the top four?

Why Gerrard??
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #561: Mar 22, 2015 03:58:42 pm
      Last Season. Chelsea Won. Unbeaten. Gerrard Slipped. Chelsea Won, lost the title.

This Season. MU Won. Unbeaten. Gerrard Off 40 seconds. MU Won, lost the top four?

Why Gerrard??

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck Off.

It happens dipshit. Now, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuc k off and crawl under whatever you came from. Did I say Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuck off?

Well, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuck Off.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #562: Mar 22, 2015 03:59:16 pm

Why Gerrard??
      Why is this post bullshit??
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #563: Mar 22, 2015 03:59:51 pm
      BR must analyse his tactics crucially for the first 1/2 hour of the game to find his own faults and also the players' attitude, all the answers are there, whether it's the tactics, the quality of players, commitment and the lack of winning mentality..
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #564: Mar 22, 2015 04:00:02 pm
      Red card PROBABLY cost us the game, especially the timing of it anyway. Very very stupid of him to do that but at least hes came out an apologised. Skrtel with a potential 3 game ban for his stamp at the final whistle also.

Although in truth we were just poor throughout, tactically naive in the first half, chasing down thin air we couldn't even get near them and I was screaming for a change to be made after about 20 minutes so I'm not sure why we waited until half time. Too much shi*house performances, Sterling on countless occassions backing out of 50/50's, and we were 2nd to everything and lucky to only be 1 down at the break. A bit better in the 2nd half but still the only shot I remember for us in the whole game was the goal. Fairplay to Mata on the 2nd was a class finish but Moreno was in no-mans land, pretty much all game infact.

4th is very much an uphill battle now, Arsenal away next, the form team in the league and a loss there could see us 8 points behind 4th, I know United have City and Chelsea coming up but still it doesn't look too promising for us.

Mignolet-7
      Can-5
      Skrtel-6.5
      Sakho-7
      Sterling-6
      Henderson-6
      Allen-6
      Moreno-4
      Lallana-5
      Cotuinho-7
      Sturridge-7

Gerrard-0
      Balotelli-5.5
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,475 posts | 701 
      Reply #565: Mar 22, 2015 04:02:07 pm
      Fair enough he admitted it.

People need to calm down tho.

Suddenly Brendan is the worst manager ever ;D. We lost one game in how many? Christ.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #566: Mar 22, 2015 04:03:14 pm
      Suddenly Brendan is the worst manager ever ;D. We lost one game in how many? Christ.

Par for the course! Every time we don't win or aren't winning in a match, "tactically naive" gets trotted out ad nauseam.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #567: Mar 22, 2015 04:03:28 pm
      The whole team and the manager to be fully responsible for this embarasssing performance. Hope the owner gives the manager and players a good walloping for lack of tactical awareness and lack of effort.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #568: Mar 22, 2015 04:04:11 pm
      If Hendo wants to be captain he needs to do more, stamp his authority on it more, he got owned today and it was only when we shifted joe Allen to do what Hendo was supposed to be doing that we got some semblance of the ball and nullified the hoof it to fellani. 

As others have mentioned Moreno stank the place out today.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #569: Mar 22, 2015 04:05:04 pm

Poor word choice today! :laugh:
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #570: Mar 22, 2015 04:07:43 pm
      Par for the course! Every time we don't win or aren't winning in a match, "tactically naive" gets trotted out ad nauseam.

To be fair it has been coming for a few weeks now. We haven't played particularly well in a few recent games. Sure the City and Tottenham games were good but look at Blackburn, both Besiktas, Bolton, Everton and Swansea. We've hardly been setting the world alight.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,251 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #571: Mar 22, 2015 04:07:53 pm
      Not too sure why members have voted for Gerrard as MotM.

If Allen, or Balotelli etal had been sent off after 38 seconds would you have voted for them?
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #572: Mar 22, 2015 04:09:30 pm
      If Hendo wants to be captain he needs to do more, stamp his authority on it more, he got owned today and it was only when we shifted joe Allen to do what Hendo was supposed to be doing that we got some semblance of the ball and nullified the hoof it to fellani. 

As others have mentioned Moreno stank the place out today.

We done a fair bit of hoof ball ourselves in the last 15 minutes too.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #573: Mar 22, 2015 04:21:33 pm
      Well we have a lot to say about the 1st half crap and the refs decision on Phil Jones (and no yellow for Di Maria).

But I wanted to say Sakho was absolutely brilliant. Top class defender we have.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #574: Mar 22, 2015 04:22:58 pm
      The lack of communication between Sakho and Moreno was crucial today, moreso Moreno. Utter stupidity by Gerrard though, I had to laugh or I'd have thrown something at a scum tw*t in the pub. The game against Arsenal just became even more important than it originally was.

Quick Reply