Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      12 (11.3%)
      Can
      1 (0.9%)
      Skrtel
      11 (10.4%)
      Sakho
      49 (46.2%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      4 (3.8%)
      Allen
      2 (1.9%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      6 (5.7%)
      Coutinho
      8 (7.5%)
      Gerrard
      12 (11.3%)
      Balotelli
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd: In game and post match debate.

Read 62856 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,393 posts | 3397 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd: In game and post match debate.
      Reply #598: Mar 22, 2015 06:51:01 pm
      Ouch.....fair challenge. Perhaps there were just a few real obvious passes / bad choices burned into my retina that distorted my memory.

i agree with 50% of this argument
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #599: Mar 22, 2015 07:52:17 pm
      Quote from PastorGeek
      im not having people come here and act like we're the worst team ever and brendan is rubbish after the run we've been having.

Its not great for us to lose obviously, it wasnt a great game but save the doom and gloom seriously.

We lost our biggest game of the season at home. I think there might be a bit of doom and gloom around.

Never got going, and after the early goal we were chasing our tail. Lallana should have scored before half time and maybe the outcome would have been different.  Gerrard would have started the second half on the bench anyway.

When we did get back in the game, I was hoping to pepper their goal. The nearest we got was a free kick on the edge of the penalty area, and unfortunately Gerrard wasn't around to curl it in. So Balotelli curled it into the wall. That was it.

The usual hot air has been posted after the game. We lost 1 game in 2015, it's not a disaster, it just makes the task more difficult. Forget about it and move on.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,489 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #600: Mar 22, 2015 07:57:31 pm
      Our poor start always made this an uphill struggle

We're not out of it yet though
      LFCexiled
      Reply #601: Mar 22, 2015 08:02:02 pm
      sh*t from the offset and the munters looked like they had at least one and maybe two extra men for the majority of the first half. I flat out refuse to let that turn me into a hormonal bi*ch though, one match down and we rock on.
      LFCBosnia
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 353 posts | 12 
      Reply #602: Mar 22, 2015 08:09:18 pm
      Moreno was awfull and rhats why we lost this match. not to mention Gerrard. However cant understand why we went into this game with absolutelly no passion and pressing. So gutted and dissapointed. Still think we can somehow catch that 4th.
      WALK ON!
      YNWA
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #603: Mar 22, 2015 08:15:27 pm
      We lost our biggest game of the season at home. I think there might be a bit of doom and gloom around.

Never got going, and after the early goal we were chasing our tail. Lallana should have scored before half time and maybe the outcome would have been different.  Gerrard would have started the second half on the bench anyway.

When we did get back in the game, I was hoping to pepper their goal. The nearest we got was a free kick on the edge of the penalty area, and unfortunately Gerrard wasn't around to curl it in. So Balotelli curled it into the wall. That was it.

The usual hot air has been posted after the game. We lost 1 game in 2015, it's not a disaster, it just makes the task more difficult. Forget about it and move on.

Let's hope we can rediscover some of the success Rafa brought to the club in the first few seasons eh?
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #604: Mar 22, 2015 08:18:10 pm
      We showed a real lack of professionalism all over the park today. Couldn't deal with them so resorted to snapping at them and hoofing the ball. In what universe does Skrtel/Can/Migs hoofing the ball into a box of Studge and 3 to 4 opposition defenders work? Its a shocking tactic and one we should NEVER resort to again. Horrible to see. Defenders lap that sh*t up all day long... we did it from 70 on and it had nothing to do with us being a man down.... we were just toothless in possession.

Migs saved a Pen... love it... wasnt at fault for anything else.
      Can was horrendous, but anyone can have an off day. Thats his second or 3rd in a row, needs to improve sharpish.
      Sakho was good in a very poor team.
      Skrtel - Unprofessional sh*t at the end will see him get 3 games. Show some class you tits. Im all for a smashing tackle and smashing someone up, but petulant stamps are for bitches who are pissed of they have been slapped all over the park.
      Moreno was shocking and at fault for both goals. Needs to learn from these mistakes sharpish.
      Allen and Hendo - 5 yard passes were going a stray all over the park. WTF is up with that?
      Sterling cant seem to beat a man anymore unless he pulls the ball back which is what the defender wants 9 times out of 10.
      Lallana was poor and couldnt keep the ball.
      Coutinho, tried but was ineffective all afternoon.
      Studge is piss poor at best, scoring a goal when you win gets you a stay of execution, doing nothing throughout a game we lose means you need a kicking like the rest.
      Gerrard - moment of madness, will take the headlines but we werent beating them with 13 men with that attitude. Hes a tit but so is the rest of em.
      Balo - Likewise unprofessional performance.

200m spent and that has nothing to do with them beating us today. They were clinical in possession and passing, we weren't.

When studge plays we dont press well from the front... simple as. Hes piss poor at pressing. Im starting to feel like he cant lead a line on his own against decent teams. His movement use to be great but everything from movement to attitude seems wrong at the minute.
      « Last Edit: Mar 22, 2015 08:32:06 pm by LFC Karl »
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,672 posts | 887 
      Reply #605: Mar 22, 2015 08:36:13 pm
      i just cant understand why we take things so slow in the first half? any theories?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #606: Mar 22, 2015 08:47:51 pm
      Brendan got it a bit wrong today, Moreno should have been taken off after 5 minutes, he was absolutely shocking all game. Stevie should probably have started but why someone of his experience can't control his emotions is beyond me, I feel confident that we would have at least got a draw if we had 11 men on the pitch.
      All in all a culmination of our recent drop in from, lets hope we can bounce back against the Arse, we desperately need to whilst we need Manure to revert to their usual sh*t displays
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #607: Mar 22, 2015 08:59:54 pm
      This has been playing on my mind since before the match and after it but I don't know why we didn't change our system when we knew Man Utd would play 4-4-1-1 (with Fellaini just off Rooney).

We should quite simply have gone for a diamond in the middle as follows:

Mignolet

Toure - Skrtel - Sakho

Sterling ------- Can ------- Moreno

------ Hendo --------- Allen -------

--------------Coutinho ------------

------------- Sturridge ------------

* Emre Can should have been assigned the duty to mark Fellaini
      * Sterling and Moreno should have pushed really high up the pitch and occupied Blind and Valencia respectively
      * Sakho (with the help of Allen) should have taken care of Mata
      * Toure (with the help of Hendo) should have taken care of Young

Offensively, Coutinho would have been nigh on impossible to mark as Carrick and Herrera would have been matched up against basically Allen/Hendo/Can when we were on the attack and Sturridge would have occupied both Jones and Smalling but they would have also have had to have kept any eye on Sterling/Moreno if they beat their markers (Blind/Valencia respectively)

What actually happened was that Fellaini was up against Allen all match and Moreno and Sterling were pegged back by Mata and Young which allowed Valencia and Blind to play as high up the pitch as they wished (they were basically camped in our half most of the match). Henderson at times was occupied against both Carrick and Herrera.

Looking back at it, we should have changed our system a touch for this game.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #608: Mar 22, 2015 09:01:17 pm
      Well. That was sh*t.

Next!
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,255 posts | 1659 
      Reply #609: Mar 22, 2015 09:05:54 pm
      Said at start of season sturridge would struggle on his own cannot or wont press does not work hard enough and doesnt shield it either , we never put them sh*te centre halves of theirs under any pressure at all their weakness
      Don77

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #610: Mar 22, 2015 09:16:16 pm
      No complaints with the result ... we got what we deserved.

65% posession against ... on our own pitch was a disgrace. That first half was as lazy, spineless and pathetic as i can remember.

We came out flat as a pancake. They were up for it ... we didnt so much as breathe on them in that first half. No intensity, poor attitude .. pathetic workrate.

If we lose at arsenal we could be 8 points adrift with 7 games left ... with inferior goal diff so 9 points. That will be too much.

The sooner lucas and ibe come in for sterling and allen the better imo.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #611: Mar 22, 2015 09:25:51 pm
      The sooner lucas and ibe come in for sterling and allen the better imo.

I was thinking similar earlier.
      It comes to something when one of the key players we miss is Ibe.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #612: Mar 22, 2015 09:31:26 pm
      I was thinking similar earlier.
      It comes to something when one of the key players we miss is Ibe.

The role of a wingback being a hybrid of attacking and defending, none of our wingbacks can defend or really attack apart from Ibe who can at least attack with venom and pin the opposition back.
      Another positive is it frees Raheem to play centrally, so yes his injury has had a huge impact on our formation.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,597 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #613: Mar 22, 2015 09:39:08 pm
      The role of a wingback being a hybrid of attacking and defending, none of our wingbacks can defend or really attack apart from Ibe who can at least attack with venom and pin the opposition back.
      Another positive is it frees Raheem to play centrally, so yes his injury has had a huge impact on our formation.

Sterling needs to be central. It's a knock on effect that Ibe being absent pulls Sterling out of position.
      Double impact loss.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #614: Mar 22, 2015 09:40:15 pm
      Sterling needs to be central. It's a knock on effect that Ibe being absent pulls Sterling out of position.
      Double impact loss.

Yup that's the way I see it.

lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #615: Mar 22, 2015 09:57:19 pm
      How is Joe Allen still Liverpool player and lack of passion in first half very poor Brendan got get transfers right these summer because next season be last lf we miss out top 4
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #616: Mar 22, 2015 10:12:01 pm
      BR always make it difficult for himself, I don't understand why, when it comes to crucial games? This is a winnable game and at least a draw is possible and he started with tactics as if he's a newbie to the league. If I'm the owner I'd just ask him one question, "tell me what went wrong in the first 1/2  hour of the game", it will be interesting to know what would be his answer, was it his tactics or the players attitude, or both that has gone awfully wrong.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #617: Mar 22, 2015 10:32:30 pm
      Our last half decant game was against burnley we've had 3 games since and looked poor in all maybe it's time to switch back to a back four as the back three is beginning to look tired and only Sakho can walk away with head high from the defense today.
      Scottbot

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #618: Mar 22, 2015 10:35:24 pm
      BR always make it difficult for himself, I don't understand why, when it comes to crucial games? This is a winnable game and at least a draw is possible and he started with tactics as if he's a newbie to the league. If I'm the owner I'd just ask him one question, "tell me what went wrong in the first 1/2  hour of the game", it will be interesting to know what would be his answer, was it his tactics or the players attitude, or both that has gone awfully wrong.

That's a pretty blinkered view. Were the games with Spurs, Saints and City, all teams above us at the time not big games?
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #619: Mar 22, 2015 10:40:34 pm
      F***ing gutted.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #620: Mar 22, 2015 10:41:41 pm
      Just seen Stevie's Red.

Am I being blinkered in thinking that was a tad harsh?

Quick Reply