Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      12 (11.3%)
      Can
      1 (0.9%)
      Skrtel
      11 (10.4%)
      Sakho
      49 (46.2%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Henderson
      4 (3.8%)
      Allen
      2 (1.9%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Sturridge
      6 (5.7%)
      Coutinho
      8 (7.5%)
      Gerrard
      12 (11.3%)
      Balotelli
      1 (0.9%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd: In game and post match debate.

Read 62579 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Liverpool 1:2 Man Utd: In game and post match debate.
      Reply #667: Mar 24, 2015 01:40:36 am
      Sick of every c**t and his dog ( mind you, some of these cu*ts I didn't even know followed Footy) coming up and saying "What the Mata?"  Motherfuckers...I hate that Club and their bunch of cu*ts Supporters.  :mad: :mad:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #668: Mar 24, 2015 08:12:25 pm
      Once you get past the snot, mouthfoam, hissy fits and "Brendan got it wrong" merchants, you always learn more from defeat if your prepared to look. Here are a few observations from yesterday.

Alberto Moreno is someway short of being good enough for a top team as things stand. Defensively he is a mile off, while because of a confidence deficiency he offers nothing currently going forward either. Full-backs who can't defend and don't attack are not the stuff which good teams are made of. He has much potential but unfortunately for him among the things which he could potentially become is a waste of 12 million quid. He was as bad as the darkest Dossena moments yesterday, and his Spurs goal is beginning to look like Dossena's "lob v Man U" moment.

Mamadou Sakho could potentially become a very impressive player. He has absolutely everything you need to be a proper defender and was alone amongst our players yesterday in that he was absolutely outstanding.

Although we were soundly beaten yesterday, we didn't actually concede many chances. At all. From set pieces we were once again sound, and great strides have been made in this direction.

Raheem Sterling is OK at full back, but we miss his pace and verve a lot from up top when he plays at the back. As a future barometer for any potantial fullbacks we may sign, a good starting point might be to make sure they are better in their position than a converted forward. If they aren't, we probably shouldn't go there.

Jordan Henderson isn't really a "leader" in the truest sense of the word. Our first half deficiencies were fairly obvious yesterday, but far from addressing the problem or setting an example, Henderson retreated into his shell and was awful. His lack of nouse contributed greatly to Gerrard's silliness in my opinion.

Daniel Sturridge will struggle to make an impact against top teams without support which plays close to him.

Adam Lallana needs to burn brighter for longer in games if he is to realise his potential. He flickers and flits too much, needs to toughen up. A good starting point might be to shave off the George Michael tribute band hairstyle and designer stubble, then take it from there.

Man Utd are proving that if you have lots of good players, sooner or later you'll stop being sh!te. 

Agree with all of that mate. Particularly the points you make about Sakho, Moreno and Lallana. With regards to Moreno the question is would you trust him at full back in a flat back four? And the question is an absolute no for me. He would actually probably offer more going forward in a four as he would have someone in front of him and more space to run into BUT I don't see the defensive instincts and he has too many mistakes in him for me. That's not to say he can't be a good player but he has pace to burn, he is tenacious and he is a strong lad. The season may have come too late for him. But should we revert to four at the back at any time I would suggest that Flanagan is the best option IF (and it's a big if) he can get himself back into match shape.

I also agree on Lallana, he shows flashes of brilliance but they are few and far between. He shows just enough to stop you giving up on him but it's simply not been enough.

Sakho (as you say) has turned into an excellent defender and has come on in leaps and bounds. The biggest differences for me from last season are that he is staying on his feet (he was reckless at times) and he has got so much better in the air to the point of being dominant. I would argue that it is he (and not Lovren) who has the future Captain look about him wouldn't you agree or has the tail been well and truly pinned on the donkey!?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #669: Mar 24, 2015 10:42:01 pm
      We got it wrong, end of. We let ourselves get suckered in by them and they played us at our own game where the pressing play from the very start is concerned.

Gerrard was stupid, at least he isn't trying to make any excuses for it so in that sense it is a breath of fresh air to see a player come out and accept full responsibility instead of trying to say it shouldn't have been a red. That tackle on Mata wad a beaut though, 100% fair and made him know he wasn't going to be having it all his own way....until about 20 seconds later anyway.

Where Skrtel is concerned. I don't think he deliberately set out to try and injure De Gea or anything like that but it could have been avoided IMO, and I think it was largely down to frustration. But he's put himself in a situation where we were calling for Costa to be banned for something not too dissimilar, when he stamped on Can, so whatever ban he gets we will just have to forget about and move on from.
      But it should be taken into account that the recklessness that Jones was showing was far more dangerous to a player than what Skrtel done. Jones could easily have snapped a leg when he escaped with a yellow.

Moreno was shocking, the lad didn't have a clue and was all over the place.

Top 4 is going to be very difficult now.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #670: Mar 25, 2015 03:43:28 pm
      Agree with all of that mate. Particularly the points you make about Sakho, Moreno and Lallana. With regards to Moreno the question is would you trust him at full back in a flat back four? And the question is an absolute no for me. He would actually probably offer more going forward in a four as he would have someone in front of him and more space to run into BUT I don't see the defensive instincts and he has too many mistakes in him for me. That's not to say he can't be a good player but he has pace to burn, he is tenacious and he is a strong lad. The season may have come too late for him. But should we revert to four at the back at any time I would suggest that Flanagan is the best option IF (and it's a big if) he can get himself back into match shape.

I also agree on Lallana, he shows flashes of brilliance but they are few and far between. He shows just enough to stop you giving up on him but it's simply not been enough.

Sakho (as you say) has turned into an excellent defender and has come on in leaps and bounds. The biggest differences for me from last season are that he is staying on his feet (he was reckless at times) and he has got so much better in the air to the point of being dominant. I would argue that it is he (and not Lovren) who has the future Captain look about him wouldn't you agree or has the tail been well and truly pinned on the donkey!?

No I think Lovren will become an excellent player for us mate. Good players (and he is obviously a good player, he shows it for 90% of every game he plays) eventually show it on a consistent basis, I've no worries on that score. Sakho I've liked from day one, and he is belatedly showing that he can become a top player. He too has a bit of a way to go, but he was absolutely outstanding against the Mancs on Sunday.

On a separate note, a few people have bemoaned the "fact" that "Brendan got it wrong" on sunday, and in a couple of respects he did (although almost without exception not for the reasons they are beating him up for). Principal mistake was IMHO not playing Glen Johnson at right wing back, this turned out to be a double whammy error. Firstly we lost Sterlings verve up top and had to exchange it for Lallana's somewhat more effeminate influence. Secondly we ended up with Raheem actually being asked to compete with Felleini in the air, and eventually having our back three and eventually our whole team pulled out of shape as we searched for someone to compete with him. Johnson is one of the best headers of the ball in the team and as strong as an ox, it was an obvious ploy by them which we had a fairly obvious answer to in our locker IMHO, and it was a mistake not to use it.

The second error was more forgivable simply because there was no way Brendan could have known precisely how things were going to pan out. With the benefit of hindsight and with our powder puff first half fresh in the mind, Gerrard should obviously have started. I know many of the mouth foamers on here won't like to read that, but it remains a fact nonetheless. The thing is though Brendan had no way of knowing in advance that Jordan Henderson was going to turn in a performance quite as meek and as poor as he did. Allen is more predictable in that he is very much the sidecar rider and follows the leader in midfield, but Henderson's ineptness in terms of imposing himself on the game was as shocking as it was surprising given his previous form.

Balotelli was a mistake from day one but it would be rich for me to criticise as I was one of the people who was all for his signing. His lack of energy when he came on must surely have been the final dagger into the barely breathing corpse of his Liverpool career, but even at that stage I think Brendan would have been better off going for Sterlings energy and pace, shoring up the defence with someone else, anyone else.

The other big mistake was that we played far too deep and with far too much fear. Ours is a game of football chicken when we are playing well. we commit players forward with abandon, press high in big numbers to induce errors, play the game at an impossibly fast pace. Here we collectively retreated into our shell, allowed our 3-4-3 to become a 5-4-big space-1 and it was never destined to work. Even though we defend better these days, our game changers are up top, and we barely ruffled their feather so determined were we not to allow them around the sides. A braver Liverpool team would have kept men up on the press and took a risk, hit them hard and high when we robbed them. unfortunately we were a shadow of what we are at our best, and much of the problem was mental. It is mostly the managers and captains fault, and partly the other players who showed no leadership.

We aren't out of things though, not by a long chalk. Defeat against Arsenal would however leave us needing to win six out of our last seven IMHO, with probably a point in the other. Not impossible, but very tricky.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #671: Mar 25, 2015 08:07:20 pm
      Still feelin it after the Utd game, was a REALLY tough one to swallow.
      Wouldn't be too hard on the players this time, think performances in the previous two matches had been a bit flat, and it was such an great run of results, it had to end sometime, just sh*t that was against the mancs.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #672: Mar 26, 2015 01:07:10 pm
      Losing.

Losing to the F***ing Mancs.

Falling well off the pace in the race for top four.

Gerrard banned for 3 games.

Skrtel banned for 3 games.

Lallana injured.

Sturridge injured.

F**k me, not sure you could have written that game any worse if you tried. Complete nightmare.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #673: Mar 27, 2015 05:30:11 am
      Losing.

Losing to the f**king Mancs.

Falling well off the pace in the race for top four.

Gerrard banned for 3 games.

Skrtel banned for 3 games.

Lallana injured.

Sturridge injured.

F**k me, not sure you could have written that game any worse if you tried. Complete nightmare.

And of course, which other F***ing team in the world would that have to happen against? Those cu*ts from down the F***ing road! How's our F***ing luck?

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #674: Mar 27, 2015 06:47:13 am
      Like a nightmare that game and result are best forgotten.
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #675: Mar 27, 2015 08:09:29 am
      The nightmare continues, reading reports that Sturridge may be out for a month!
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #676: Mar 27, 2015 11:34:13 am
      This is what I deal with down south with most London reds - read this pile of sh*te send to me in email from a pillock of a liverpool fan. I wish he'd f*ck right off:

"It has all gone pear shaped at pool…………..

Lost to our main top 4 rival @ HOME
      2 injured players
      2 banned players

I blame BR not learning his lesson that one CANNOT win every game and play safe………………..play for a draw

Manu 1st goal was too open ---------where was Moreno……………..yards off Mata…………..you cannot concede at HOME after just 15minutes -----------disgrace

Could be a blessing in disguise if we will not be in CL next season as I don’t think we are ready ……..proved this season ----------5 points out of possible 18 points"

WHAT A COCK!!!!!

this is why i come on here so i can (mostly) talk sence with proper fans!!!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #677: Mar 27, 2015 09:50:53 pm
      This is what I deal with down south with most London reds - read this pile of sh*te send to me in email from a pillock of a liverpool fan. I wish he'd f*ck right off:

"It has all gone pear shaped at pool…………..

Lost to our main top 4 rival @ HOME
      2 injured players
      2 banned players

I blame BR not learning his lesson that one CANNOT win every game and play safe………………..play for a draw

Manu 1st goal was too open ---------where was Moreno……………..yards off Mata…………..you cannot concede at HOME after just 15minutes -----------disgrace

Could be a blessing in disguise if we will not be in CL next season as I don’t think we are ready ……..proved this season ----------5 points out of possible 18 points"

WHAT A COCK!!!!!

this is why i come on here so i can (mostly) talk sence with proper fans!!!

It's over the top but in reality you'd get some Liverpool fan somewhere doing similar if we won. I can't stand them as much as anyone but I'll admit when we get outplayed and when they won in the past I didn't seek to mock them but look at what our club weren't doing that they were.
      Fair dues... we weren't getting Fergie time and pointing guns at the ref, that's probably why. I don't want to be a supporter of a team that sinks that low, as they have done and will try to emulate in future, with all the financial clout/media mafia they have.

Quick Reply