Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Martin Skrtel - 3 match ban!

Read 11030 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Martin Skrtel - 3 match ban!
      Reply #23: Mar 24, 2015 12:21:36 pm
      Two seasons in a row where suspensions could cost us, last season it was Henderson. In the games that he missed we had no pressing game what so ever. Seems we have injuries to Sturridge and Lallana too, this isn't good!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #24: Mar 24, 2015 12:49:05 pm
      Skrtel and Gerrard should be ashamed of themselves.

You would expect it from a young local lad, Flanagan perhaps or F***ing Balotelli who has a screw loose, but not senior pro's, two of our 'leaders', one being the captain and nearly 35 years of age for fucks sake.

Deserved ban for Martin. Stupid, stupid fool.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #25: Mar 24, 2015 12:56:38 pm
      I WOULD stick Lovern LCB and put Sakho in the centre keep CAN RCB
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #26: Mar 24, 2015 01:23:26 pm
      Similar to Gerrard's stamp, it doesn't matter how frustrated they were or how emotional they became, nor does it matter that the ref was a complete c**t allowing United to get away with murder...they should not have given the piece of steaming turd that is Atkinson the reason to send them off. Stamping on players is a no brainer for refs, where as everything else can be justified a number of ways if a c**t of a referee chooses to do so.

Skrtl's ban will hurt our run-in more than Gerrard's. Toure will hopefully step up. When he does, I have absolute confidence, when he's having the jitters, I sh*t myself.
      « Last Edit: Mar 24, 2015 01:40:22 pm by ozi_wozzy »
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27: Mar 24, 2015 01:57:07 pm
      I don't think there can be any complaints to be honest.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #28: Mar 24, 2015 03:04:50 pm
      I WOULD stick Lovern LCB and put Sakho in the centre keep CAN RCB

I'd just stick Lovren in the middle, tell him, if in doubt, boot it out.  Keep the other two where they are.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #29: Mar 24, 2015 03:14:04 pm
      Deserved.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,613 posts | 6930 
      Reply #30: Mar 24, 2015 03:28:49 pm
      Wasn't as deliberate as Gerrard's for me - but any player who leaves their foot in is asking for this.  Costa and now Skrtel both done retrospectively so we all know the score now on this.

It's a shame because he's arguably been one of the most consistent players for us this season.  Going to be a big loss and I think it will it affect our results in the next three games more than missing Gerrard.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,517 posts | 1767 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31: Mar 24, 2015 03:34:31 pm
      Big miss.

Bit daft considering all the sh1te we gave costa for stamping.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #32: Mar 24, 2015 05:01:41 pm
      He did something daft and idiotic.  Deserves the ban.  I just hope he doesn't challenge it otherwise they could make it even longer than 3 games, then we will really be in trouble without him.
      Dannylfc
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #33: Mar 24, 2015 05:10:59 pm
      Still can't believe ANY Liverpool fan will say he stamped on De Gea on purpose.

Seriously shocked. Appalled actually.

Come off it fella, seriously?

If Mignolet had been done like that by one of their players we'd be screaming for blood on here.

Daft by him, as he's been our best defender for me for a few months. Think we'll struggle without him.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #34: Mar 24, 2015 05:26:03 pm
      Martin to contest the charge, fair enough as only he knows.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #35: Mar 24, 2015 07:46:54 pm
      Wasn't as deliberate as Gerrard's for me - but any player who leaves their foot in is asking for this.  Costa and now Skrtel both done retrospectively so we all know the score now on this.

It's a shame because he's arguably been one of the most consistent players for us this season.  Going to be a big loss and I think it will it affect our results in the next three games more than missing Gerrard.

Costa wasn't done for the stamp on Skrtel though which was more or less the same as what Skrtel did to da Gea.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 242 
      Reply #36: Mar 24, 2015 08:03:19 pm
      Costa wasn't done for the stamp on Skrtel though which was more or less the same as what Skrtel did to da Gea.

Exactly my interpretation, so the FA are gonna do Skrtel for the same as Costa got off with, work that out? Drastically need an overhaul of the retribution cobblers! Not defending Skrtel in any way but you see a tackle (alleged) from Jones on Hendo potentially season ending and the 'I saw that at the time so you can't touch that' 
      And how come stevie got his red before herrera got his yellow surely it's done in the order of foul committed or is that to stupid
      DanMann

• 5,731 posts | 882 
      Reply #37: Mar 24, 2015 08:35:15 pm
      Mate you are very niaive if you think that stamp wasn't intentional. It was borne out of pure frustration on Skrtels part but it was still intentional.

:roll:

The incident was very clear.

Liverpool defender Martin Skrtel has denied a Football Association charge of violent conduct for standing on Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #38: Mar 24, 2015 08:45:06 pm

So what if he is appealing players appeal decisions all the time it doesn't mean he didn't commit foul play. He has nothing to lose by appealing it.
      Fuzzy
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #39: Mar 24, 2015 09:00:58 pm
      Deserves the ban, don't know what he was thinking to be honest.

Going to miss him now which sucks, has been very solid in recent months no doubt about it.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,314 posts | 1522 
      Reply #40: Mar 24, 2015 10:57:48 pm
      Skrtel needs to show a video of Costa's stamp on him, (where no further action was deemed necessary) and just say,
      "I thought you condoned this sort of tackle, as you were happy for Costa to lay one on me, has something occurred, for you to change your mind?"
      DanMann

• 5,731 posts | 882 
      Reply #41: Mar 24, 2015 10:59:54 pm
      So what if he is appealing players appeal decisions all the time it doesn't mean he didn't commit foul play. He has nothing to lose by appealing it.

Fairly comfortable with this: "The ECHO understands the basis of the denial centres on Skrtel’s belief the incident was accidental." Unless you know different??

Looks accidental. It is reported that Skrtel says it was accidental.

Yet some here want to claim he intentionally went to "stamp" on the leg.  :f_doh:

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42: Mar 24, 2015 11:26:31 pm
      He put himself in a situation that was always going to cause a stir. If we were winning then he'd have hurdled him like what is done 99% of the time. I very much doubt he had any intention of hurting De Gea, but fact is, he left his foot in and had it been down the other end on Migs from one of their players then we'd have been calling for the 3 game ban too.

BUT, the system is all wrong. An incident should be able to get reviewed regardless of whether the ref has taken action or not because Jones was reckless and the severity of the fouls he was making could have done a lot more damage than what Skrtel could have done by leaving his leg in, yet the one who could easily have broken a leg escapes with just a yellow. It's all wrong.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #43: Mar 24, 2015 11:32:29 pm
      Fairly comfortable with this: "The ECHO understands the basis of the denial centres on Skrtel’s belief the incident was accidental." Unless you know different??

Looks accidental. It is reported that Skrtel says it was accidental.

Yet some here want to claim he intentionally went to "stamp" on the leg.  :f_doh:

It looked as "accidental" as Costa's stamp on Skrtel. And for that reason alone he should avoid a ban just like Costa did. Whether it was really accidental, or intentional, only the player knows.

But if Martin says it was accidental then fair enough I hope the FA believe he is telling the truth. I don't hold much hope though.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #44: Mar 24, 2015 11:49:16 pm
      have we even gone more than a game without him the past few years? this is going to suck!
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #45: Mar 25, 2015 07:41:31 am
      Still can't believe ANY Liverpool fan will say he stamped on De Gea on purpose.

Seriously shocked. Appalled actually.
      Really? Gerrard did it

It's a deliberate stamp and it's a 3 match ban fully deserved. Being a Liverpool player means nothing.

Quick Reply