Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Blackburn v Liverpool Weds 8th April 19:45KO - FA Cup QF

Read 10041 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Re: Blackburn v Liverpool Weds 8th April 19:45KO - FA Cup QF
      Reply #23: Apr 06, 2015 06:34:55 pm
      Really desperate game for the Reds and Brendan here, other than a win will see the season going pear shaped. Every player seems to need to stand up and be counted.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #24: Apr 06, 2015 06:46:27 pm

I´ll be literally sprinting to the bookies when they re-open 2morro morning and put my monts wages on Blacburn. We havent been in such a shocking state for a good few years now.

Well hopefully you lose all your money, and you know what, you totally deserve to.
      I never have, and never will back against Liverpool, it just goes against the grain.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #25: Apr 06, 2015 07:11:31 pm
      Anyone betting against the Reds, deserves to fall flat on his arse, in my view, losing all his dosh.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #26: Apr 06, 2015 09:48:05 pm
      Every player seems to need to stand up and be counted.

Yeah, like they did against United and Arsenal.

Sorry, i'm F***ing depressed at the moment and can't seem to find any salvation.

At least the Blackburn squad is decimated, more than ours.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #27: Apr 07, 2015 05:34:51 am
      Yeah, like they did against United and Arsenal.

Sorry, i'm f**king depressed at the moment and can't seem to find any salvation.

At least the Blackburn squad is decimated, more than ours.

Don't apologise mate your not the only one.

Hoping that Greste lad is out as I read last night he might be can fully see him destroying the two clowns at the back we had starting at Arsenal.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Apr 07, 2015 09:27:01 am
      Johnson Lovren Sakho Enrique
                   Hendo  Lucas
                      Coutinho
           Sterling Balotelli Lallana

A different approach is needed. Maybe it's time to look into Balotelli's strength and actually use them? With Sterling and Lallana playing as inside forwards, Coutinho will still have runners ahead of him. Allow Balotelli to play his game and stay up top and centrally where he'll hold the ball up, create and bring the inside forwards and Henderson into play. Just don't ask Balotelli to chase around, let him be in and around the box.

F**k, now we don't need a GK  ;)

I'm not sure who Brendan will pay but the lads need to come out and get the job done and get some confidence back.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: Apr 07, 2015 09:54:49 am
      No ifs no buts just get out there and beat Blackburn, this is a chance for our players to put some pride back in the club. Let's hope that LFCREDS is a happy forum come Wednesday night.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #30: Apr 07, 2015 10:11:40 am
      Play players in their natural position.
      Play with recognised strikers even if that's Borini.
      Play with aggression and commitment.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31: Apr 07, 2015 10:17:19 am
      Play players in their natural position.
      Play with recognised strikers even if that's Borini.
      Play with aggression and commitment.

Spot on, we cannot afford  not to win this one.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #32: Apr 07, 2015 10:39:43 am
      Are people really calling 4-4-2, Manquillo and Enrique back in their little fantasy teams? Things are bad at the moment but not that bad.

Mignolet

Johnson  Lovren   Sakho

Lucas
      Sterling   Henderson   Moreno
                     Coutinho

Balotelli      Sturridge
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #33: Apr 07, 2015 11:22:06 am
      Are people really calling 4-4-2, Manquillo and Enrique back in their little fantasy teams? Things are bad at the moment but not that bad.

Mignolet

Johnson  Lovren   Sakho

Lucas
                     Coutinho

Balotelli      Sturridge

I agree...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #34: Apr 07, 2015 11:43:38 am

Mignolet

Johnson  Lovren   Sakho

Lucas
                     Coutinho

Balotelli      Sturridge

Yeah because the current formation is working so well right now isn't it?? A good manager would adapt, which is exactly what Wenger and Van Gaal did to beat us with ease. Over the last few games the current formation has been exposed so it needs to be altered and a traditional 4-4-2 might be just the ticket.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #35: Apr 07, 2015 11:55:58 am
      Anyone betting against the Reds, deserves to fall flat on his arse, in my view, losing all his dosh.
      I never understand this point of view. If we win I´ll celebrate like always. If you like a bet here and there, you look at a game in hand and if you see a value you just back the team with better chances of winning. You cant bet win your heart, you´d lose a fortune.

Even if you won a milion on overpriced Blackburn at 9/2 it´d not be paid to you by John Henry or LFC players so I dont get why people think its so "wrong" to bet against Liverpool. You gamble against the bookies not the team you support.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #36: Apr 07, 2015 12:06:17 pm
      I never understand this point of view. If we win I´ll celebrate like always. If you like a bet here and there, you look at a game in hand and if you see a value you just back the team with better chances of winning. You cant bet win your heart, you´d lose a fortune.

Even if you won a milion on overpriced Blackburn at 9/2 it´d not be paid to you by John Henry or LFC players so I dont get why people think its so "wrong" to bet against Liverpool. You gamble against the bookies not the team you support.

So you'll bet on us to lose but hope we win?

How in the name of sweet F**k does that work?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #37: Apr 07, 2015 12:12:32 pm

I actually know a few people who do this. A few of my City supporting mates put £50 on Stoke to beat them in the FA Cup final just in case they lost. I know of a few Liverpool fans who do this occasionally too. I just avoid betting on us altogether to be honest.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #38: Apr 07, 2015 12:15:42 pm
      I actually know a few people who do this. A few of my City supporting mates put £50 on Stoke to beat them in the FA Cup final just in case they lost. I know of a few Liverpool fans who do this occasionally too. I just avoid betting on us altogether to be honest.

Wankers.

I can't imagine sitting watching the game hoping we win yet knowing I had money to gain on us losing.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #39: Apr 07, 2015 12:16:41 pm

I wouldn't do it. But I can see why. If we win I'm going to be happy as F**k regardless of what cash might have been won.
      If we lose, well hey, atleast the drinks I'm going to need to buy to console myself are going to be paid for.

Its like insurance - you don't hope for your house to burn down, but if it does, its not a total bust.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #40: Apr 07, 2015 12:20:12 pm
      Yeah because the current formation is working so well right now isn't it?? A good manager would adapt, which is exactly what Wenger and Van Gaal did to beat us with ease. Over the last few games the current formation has been exposed so it needs to be altered and a traditional 4-4-2 might be just the ticket.

Well I would say the formation is working well - 2 results don't wipe out the rest of the results since the start of the year. And I also don't think the formation is the reason why we lost. The only reason to change the formation should not be based on the last two results, but if the players we have available for the fixture are not deemed adequate for the demands of the 3-4-3, which is entirely possible with Skrtel and Can unavailable.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #41: Apr 07, 2015 12:59:40 pm
      Its not just the 2 results Thad. It was coming for a while before that. Burnley tested us big time, then mighty Blackburn gave us a game, Swans would destroyed us but for poor finishing/great Mignolet. The writing was on the wall as players had been losing belief in the set-up, in my opinion.

Heres what Gary Bowyer, the Blacburn boss had to say before the game at Anfield:

'I think they're the most impressive team in the Premier League at the moment and the football that they're playing is fantastic. Obviously full credit to the manager for the way he changed his formation.
      'We've studied the videos, we've come up with a gameplan, and we've worked with the players on it.
      We'll go and take the challenge to Liverpool.
      'We've been very organised and very disciplined in the previous meetings with the Premier League teams, and then of course along the way you need a bit of luck."

Thats exactly what they did. Rovers could have been a goal or two up in the first half easily. And thats maybe why some people are worried that Rodgers is not going to alter his set-up. Bowyer will bee praying we play three at the back again, like LVG and Wenger will have been and we oblige.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #42: Apr 07, 2015 01:19:02 pm
      Its not just the 2 results Thad. It was coming for a while before that. Burnley tested us big time, then mighty Blackburn gave us a game, Swans would destroyed us but for poor finishing/great Mignolet. The writing was on the wall as players had been losing belief in the set-up, in my opinion.

Heres what Gary Bowyer, the Blacburn boss had to say before the game at Anfield:

'We've studied the videos, we've come up with a gameplan, and we've worked with the players on it.

Their manager studied the videos and had a game plan. Does BR and his backroom boys do the same. Obviously no, its the opposite, otherwise, they wouldn't be playing the same tactics and players and got beaten so convincingly game after game. He's just too stubborn with his tactics and too naive not to study the opposition strengths and weaknesses.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #43: Apr 07, 2015 01:27:11 pm
      Their manager studied the videos and had a game plan. Does BR and his backroom boys do the same. Obviously no, its the opposite, otherwise, they wouldn't be playing the same tactics and players and got beaten so convincingly game after game. He's just too stubborn with his tactics and too naive not to study the opposition strengths and weaknesses.

Yea you are probably right. Rodgers and his staff probably don't do what every other manager in the Premier League (and probably the lower leagues as well) does by studying game film.

I've heard a lot of whoppers on here....this may take the cake. At least for today anyway. :lmao:
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #44: Apr 07, 2015 01:36:57 pm
      One thing I'm sure of, the support away at Blackburn will better anything seen at Anfield this season, for that there is hope.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #45: Apr 07, 2015 01:37:49 pm
      Yea you are probably right. Rodgers and his staff probably don't do what every other manager in the Premier League (and probably the lower leagues as well) does by studying game film.

I've heard a lot of whoppers on here....this may take the cake. At least for today anyway. :lmao:

We do get exposed by the obvious though FL.

For instance against United, everyone and his brother knew their tactics yet we were set up poorly against them. The same has happened many times when we're against lower league opposition, they have strong men in the middle and we send out meak and mild (Henderson and Allen), exactly the same against the Bitters.

So while he will without doubt study their matches we don't set up to counter their strengths, we seem to believe that as long as we play our game it's enough. Well that isn't the case in many instances and we've been found out many times because of it. What annoys me more is that it always takes until half-time for a change in shape/system to come into play, why? When it's obvious it's not working it should be changed quicker. It's a similar gripe to his formations, it's only when it's completely failed does he change, so yes he learns from his mistakes but the length of time it takes to learn could be vastly improved upon.

Quick Reply