Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Lets not Forget the FA cup but admit we have 7 league games to save the season!!

Read 9486 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Re: Forget the FA cup – it’s the 7 league games to save the season!!!
      Reply #46: Apr 08, 2015 12:33:16 pm
      No, you are wrong. Winning the FA cup for the 10 years in a row will mean nothing if we finsih 5th every year!!

It will mean quite a lot actually.

We'd have about 20 visits to Wembley!! The cockneys would be sick of us :-)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #47: Apr 08, 2015 12:34:26 pm
      I think if Shankly heard a fan say the FA cup is trivial at this point (position in the league & GD) he would have given you a lesson the the importance of it or any cup, times have changed but no, clubs have lost the plot.
      You'll soon understand the joy and tears that winning a cup gives you if we did, I got so emotional winning the league cup, entering the CL was like oh yeah well cool, we didn't win anything though.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #48: Apr 08, 2015 01:21:21 pm
      Do me a favour you jumped up beaut and do one if you don't know our history?

And who cares about cool, you sky generation beaut!

hold up a F***ing minute, I might not be a scouser but I have been supporting Liverpool for 30 years so I do know the history…

You insinuated something that was very wrong and I took offence to that!!

Not happy with cool than…how about, You’re F***ing bang out of order mate!!

Is that better?
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #49: Apr 08, 2015 01:23:11 pm
      It will mean quite a lot actually.

We'd have about 20 visits to Wembley!! The cockneys would be sick of us :-)

Im a cockney and Im positive it wouldnt take 20 visits to be sick of you HR
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #50: Apr 08, 2015 01:26:38 pm
      I think if Shankly heard a fan say the FA cup is trivial at this point (position in the league & GD) he would have given you a lesson the the importance of it or any cup, times have changed but no, clubs have lost the plot.
      You'll soon understand the joy and tears that winning a cup gives you if we did, I got so emotional winning the league cup, entering the CL was like oh yeah well cool, we didn't win anything though.

I never said this... i said its not the priority!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #51: Apr 08, 2015 01:43:54 pm
      Im a cockney and Im positive it wouldnt take 20 visits to be sick of you HR

I'm already sick of you, ya cockney c**t!!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #52: Apr 08, 2015 01:48:43 pm
      I never said this... i said its not the priority!

That's just as bad...don't you get that?

This club exists to win trophies. So it IS a priority to win every trophy that we can. And winning a trophy and finishing top 4 (or 3 or 2 or 1), aren't mutually exclusive.

One doesn't have to suffer for the other.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #53: Apr 08, 2015 01:52:43 pm
      I'm already sick of you, ya cockney c**t!!

sums you right up that mate... crawl back in your hole continue dribbling on your keyboard!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #54: Apr 08, 2015 01:59:16 pm
      At the start of any season, the priority for Liverpool football club has always been the league title and now in 2015, like or not, it’s still the league but with more emphasis on achieving a top 4 status. After this, the cups are a bonus!

That's your opinion - you're perfectly entitled to it but I'd imagine many would disagree.  I believe in what the main man said.

"Liverpool Football Club exists to win trophies" – Bill Shankly.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #55: Apr 08, 2015 02:01:37 pm
      That's just as bad...don't you get that?

This club exists to win trophies. So it IS a priority to win every trophy that we can. And winning a trophy and finishing top 4 (or 3 or 2 or 1), aren't mutually exclusive.

One doesn't have to suffer for the other.

We are where we are... for the club long term, this cup means nothing IMO, for the short term and to win cup, it’s great.

I personally would have preferred a top 4 spot but that’s the not a choice I or anyone will ever get... plus believe or not I can’t wait for tonight and the semi if we get through…

But Can’t be arsed now…I thought I’d get a decent debate going, which I think Ive done… it loses its edge when you get called a c**t by someone you’ve never met… strong words from a feeble person!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #56: Apr 08, 2015 02:10:28 pm
      We are where we are... for the club long term, this cup means nothing IMO, for the short term and to win cup, it’s great.

I personally would have preferred a top 4 spot but that’s the not a choice I or anyone will ever get... plus believe or not I can’t wait for tonight and the semi if we get through…

But Can’t be arsed now…I thought I’d get a decent debate going, which I think Ive done… it loses its edge when you get called a C**t by someone you’ve never met… strong words from a feeble person!

You didn't do yourself any favors by titling the thread "Forget the FA Cup"...especially when so many LFC supporters not only don't want to forget it, but are looking forward to winning it.

It has nothing to do with our league standing or CL qualification...it's a competition that we should be winning and if we do, it will provide a massive boost to all of us (or at least it should).
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #57: Apr 08, 2015 02:52:10 pm
      You didn't do yourself any favors by titling the thread "Forget the FA Cup"...especially when so many LFC supporters not only don't want to forget it, but are looking forward to winning it.

It has nothing to do with our league standing or CL qualification...it's a competition that we should be winning and if we do, it will provide a massive boost to all of us (or at least it should).

changed to Title!! ;D
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Re: Lets not Forget the FA cup but admit we have 7 league games to save the season!!
      Reply #58: Apr 08, 2015 04:43:44 pm
      No, you are wrong. Winning the FA cup for the 10 years in a row will mean nothing if we finsih 5th every year!!

10 F.A.Cups in a row and 5th each season will do me, we get entry into the Europa League, win that and it's automatic entry into the Champions League without the need for players to be good enough for us to finish higher in the League.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Lets not Forget the FA cup but admit we have 7 league games to save the season!!
      Reply #59: Apr 08, 2015 04:48:55 pm

;D, good tactic, makes sense, at least you've had all the feedback you've sought so far.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #60: Apr 08, 2015 10:35:27 pm
      We're not going to to win the League this Season, that is gone for now. I agree fully with what debs said. It's all about the FA Cup from here on in. The last thing we want is the 'bottler' tag hanging around our necks so we must win the Cup to get this monkey off our back.

Winning the Cup will get our confidence back and instil pride back into the Club. As long as we can get past Villa then it's a perfect final versus Arsenal to exact revenge and a chance for the lads to repay Brendan for their lack of guts during the last 2 league matches.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #61: Apr 08, 2015 11:04:57 pm
      We're not going to to win the League this Season, that is gone for now. I agree fully with what debs said. It's all about the FA Cup from here on in. The last thing we want is the 'bottler' tag hanging around our necks so we must win the Cup to get this monkey off our back.

Winning the Cup will get our confidence back and instil pride back into the Club. As long as we can get past Villa then it's a perfect final versus Arsenal to exact revenge and a chance for the lads to repay Brendan for their lack of guts during the last 2 league matches.

Amen!
      Baller1986
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #62: Apr 08, 2015 11:11:36 pm
      If we win the cup bit of pride back a good fare well to sevie and hopefully push on for next season

Ps any one know of any way I could get a ticket to the semi ?? :lmao: p,ease
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #63: Apr 09, 2015 06:33:27 am

Hold up, Hold Up ...who said we will be playing Arsenal?  ;D
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,604 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #64: Apr 09, 2015 06:48:35 am
      Hold up, Hold Up ...who said we will be playing Arsenal?  ;D

Right on, mate!   :clap: :clap: :clap: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #65: Apr 09, 2015 12:33:11 pm
      So even the players and manager showed you up for the sh*te you're talking!!

They want it bad mate.

Pity some of our supporters didn't want to win the Cup as badly.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #66: Apr 09, 2015 12:38:28 pm
      i think winning last night might just give us that little boost we need to keep the pressure on the scum and Arsenal, lest not forget City who are flapping. There's still a small chance they will slip up and we dont, palace have proven you can give Chelsea a hard game if you get the tactics right.
      A visit to Wembley will be a great boost to the squad and if we beat Villa then a cup final and chance for new players and the younger ones to get a medal will be welcomed with open arms.
      off topic a minute but semi final should not be played at wembley also thats a joke
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #67: Apr 09, 2015 01:29:10 pm
      off topic a minute but semi final should not be played at wembley also thats a joke

I do agree, but got to say I had a cracking time at the semi in 2012!
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #68: Apr 09, 2015 01:37:31 pm
      If we win the cup bit of pride back a good fare well to sevie and hopefully push on for next season

Ps any one know of any way I could get a ticket to the semi ?? :lmao: p,ease

You've got more chance of getting a nosh off JW Henry mate.

The tickets have probably already been handed to a gang of corporate suits who don't even know what footy is.

Quick Reply