Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Football Fans Perceptions of the Police

Read 1126 times
      ms1788
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Football Fans Perceptions of the Police
      Apr 08, 2015 11:53:41 am
      As part of my MSc dissertation, I am currently in the process of exploring the relationship between football supporters and the police.

This project is attempting to improve the match day experience of supporters by improving police-supporter relationships. Ultimately I am seeking to explore how specific police tactics impact upon police-supporter relations and will make recommendations based on the responses I receive from football supporters across the UK.

I would be extremely grateful if you could take the time to complete this short questionnaire (shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to complete) and distribute the link to others who attend football games.

You can complete the survey here: https://stusurvey.mdx.ac.uk/fansperceptions

Thanks in advance.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Re: Football Fans Perceptions of the Police
      Reply #1: Apr 08, 2015 03:41:09 pm
      Deja vu, a lot of survey graduates here recently, I know the Gov loves polls for social engineering purposes, so I decline.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #2: Apr 09, 2015 08:01:27 am
      You say you want to improve Police/supporter relations and how police use tactics, yet when looking at the survey there is only one ( rather piss poor and vague ) question with how and what tactics the police might use.

Crap survey in my opinion so its a no from me.
      ms1788
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 2 posts |
      Reply #3: Apr 09, 2015 11:03:03 am
      Thanks to everyone who has responded so far. It is much appreciated.

Thanks for your constructive feedback Mad4LFC but I am inclined to disagree with you (obviously as it's my survey). The survey includes a 'policing section', comprising of ten questions, that is dedicated to exploring fans perceptions of policing. The majority of questions are open ended which allows participants to express their individual experiences of police tactics. In addition to this, there are 5 specific questions that ask directly about police tactics.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply