Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.

Read 32252 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.
      Apr 08, 2015 03:59:54 pm
      this post might anger some of my haters on here but i think that he's not good enough as when its not going right and BR needs to turn to someone with exeriance i dont think his right hand man is the guy for us. i'm not saying he's terrible at what he does and BR trusts him big time but i think maybe we would benifit from having an assistant who's won things both here and abroad to offer some experiance to Brendan. (who i want to stay for the long haul). i'm just putting this out there to see if i'm way off the mark or if i'm not alone in thinking this.
      This is not a bashing post of the assistant who i think maybe with time will get better but put it this way could you see him as a top manager for a prem team say in the top 7?
      i would think someone of the experiance of RAFA would work well as long as its clear from the off set BR is the main man, RAFA loves the club and i'm sure would want to help out anyway he can and lets be honest he's won things every team he's managed which is experiance we need right now so we dont have another season trying to aim for top 4. we need to be aming to win the league.
      please constructive comments please no insults, if i'm way off fare enough i will take that but as long as there is a reason behind it.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.
      Reply #1: Apr 08, 2015 04:12:30 pm
      this post might anger some of my haters on here but i think that he's not good enough as when its not going right and BR needs to turn to someone with exeriance i dont think his right hand man is the guy for us. i'm not saying he's terrible at what he does and BR trusts him big time but i think maybe we would benifit from having an assistant who's won things both here and abroad to offer some experiance to Brendan. (who i want to stay for the long haul). i'm just putting this out there to see if i'm way off the mark or if i'm not alone in thinking this.
      This is not a bashing post of the assistant who i think maybe with time will get better but put it this way could you see him as a top manager for a prem team say in the top 7?
      i would think someone of the experiance of RAFA would work well as long as its clear from the off set BR is the main man, RAFA loves the club and i'm sure would want to help out anyway he can and lets be honest he's won things every team he's managed which is experiance we need right now so we dont have another season trying to aim for top 4. we need to be aming to win the league.
      please constructive comments please no insults, if i'm way off fare enough i will take that but as long as there is a reason behind it.

You may well be right about him not being good enough but as you say he's trusted by Brendan and was chosen by Brendan to join his backroom staff.

The problem with your suggestion of a more experienced man like Rafa, who has won trophies everywhere he's managed is that they wouldn't want to be 2nd in command.

A good Assistant doesn't always make a good Manager, having said that Colin has got a 100% win record when he's had to stand in for Brendan   :f_tongueincheek:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: Apr 08, 2015 04:12:38 pm

don't honestly know what his responsibilities are so on the surface i would say it is harsh criticism. Really could not see rafa as anyone's number 2
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #3: Apr 08, 2015 04:20:50 pm
      Wait a second.... you think that Rafa.... would come back.... to be.... an assistant coach for Rodgers?

Now I've heard it all.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #4: Apr 08, 2015 04:20:54 pm

You are ok don't fret, a thread/s similar to this has occured before, I think he's a holiday rep type person, team building moral boosting business type crap we have to endure at work, we need a Ronnie Moran who will take no prisoners and be on their case from the sidelines.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #5: Apr 08, 2015 04:24:00 pm
      I have absolutely no idea how an outsider - someone who is not involved in the daily running of the squad - might be able to judge the quality of an assistant coach, even more so question his ability and suggest a replacement.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #6: Apr 08, 2015 04:27:52 pm
      some good points raised below about RAFA maybe that is a mad idea, just seems sometimes when we are up against it this season we've not made the changes earlier enough to change the game. Sometimes BR changes it early and we go on and get a point but lately we've seem to run out of ideas, now i dont know if that's down to being tired, formation, or the opposition just being better all round. tonight is a real test of the management and players charachter we need to come out fighting and get our tactics and team selection spot on.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #7: Apr 08, 2015 04:30:07 pm
      I have absolutely no idea how an outsider - someone who is not involved in the daily running of the squad - might be able to judge the quality of an assistant coach, even more so question his ability and suggest a replacement.

This. The amount of discussion of Pascoe on here is bizarre.

Y'all just don't want to admit you like the shorts ;D

A good Assistant doesn't always make a good Manager, having said that Colin has got a 100% win record when he's had to stand in for Brendan   :f_tongueincheek:

And it was a 3-0 win! :laugh:
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #8: Apr 08, 2015 04:31:08 pm

It's life mate, I have no background knowledge nor am I qualified to pass judgement, Pascoe to me seems a bit of a kids team assistant or coach, I may be very wrong, but he doesn't act tough or look tough, I want tough guys here not yes men.
      We need grit not oh come on boys lets play football *arms waving fruitily*
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #9: Apr 08, 2015 04:35:16 pm

THIS!
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #10: Apr 08, 2015 04:40:45 pm
      Where is the Liverpool connection? It's an unwritten law that should be part of the club even now.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4927 
      Reply #11: Apr 08, 2015 05:19:22 pm

Just about to say this mate.

Bizarre how some seem to think everything is all Colin's fault. Or he isn't good enough when we simply have no way of knowing.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #12: Apr 08, 2015 06:03:42 pm
      What a F***ing head shaker of a thread.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4927 
      Reply #13: Apr 08, 2015 06:05:40 pm
      It's life mate, I have no background knowledge nor am I qualified to pass judgement

But you will anyway.

Good man.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #14: Apr 08, 2015 06:08:27 pm

Consider it done. I'm a good man and will have this opinion regardless. Call it intuition.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4927 
      Reply #15: Apr 08, 2015 06:13:25 pm
      Consider it done. I'm a good man and will have this opinion regardless. Call it intuition.

Judge him all you want Fish but as you say you admit not having the knowledge to do as such and even if you did you have no way of knowing if you are right.

Also Pascoe could very well be the worst coach ever to grace a training pitch but it really doesn't matter that much as Brendan sets how we play, tactics, formations etc etc.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #16: Apr 08, 2015 06:17:31 pm
      Judge him all you want Fish but as you say you admit not having the knowledge to do as such and even if you did you have no way of knowing if you are right.

Also Pascoe could very well be the worst coach ever to grace a training pitch but it really doesn't matter that much as Brendan sets how we play, tactics, formations etc etc.

You're right, I may be looking at/for the wrong answers, who knows kid.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #17: Apr 08, 2015 06:17:35 pm
      What a f**king head shaker of a thread.

We're scraping the bottom of the barrel on topics me thinks.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Apr 08, 2015 06:19:36 pm

The coaches follow Brendans pre set sessions and both Pascoe and Marsh will know how we're setting up for each game and know roughly what changes will be made during the game and when.  He discusses those changes on the touchline with Brendan and it's Colin who goes through the charts etc with the players before they're subbed on.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #19: Apr 08, 2015 06:23:00 pm
      We're scraping the bottom of the barrel on topics me thinks.

We need a damn good win to get the place buzzing again mate.  You watch all the "we're off to Wembley" threads appear when we win tonight  ;)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #20: Apr 08, 2015 06:23:35 pm
      It is a topic that deserves consideration because non of us know what he exactly provides for Liverpool because he's not from the clubs internal promotion folklore.
      Dismiss it as nonsense but what's his CV?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Pascoe
      Not an amazing read tbf even if I'm linking to wikedpedia.
      What the hell does this guy offer that a John Barnes couldn't offer for example?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #21: Apr 08, 2015 06:25:32 pm
      In the very few opportunities we have had to see him at work, he has always been excellent.
      Very strong post match interviews - witty, clever and informative. He seems to be a good coach - which is to say, good at running coaching sessions. He is also trusted and relied upon by the main man, Rodgers. There isn't much evidence upon which to evaluate him, but the little we have is all positive.
      As for the Rafa comment, aside from the clueless nature of suggesting that Rafa would come back to be assistant manager, good managers don't always make good assistant managers and vice versa.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #22: Apr 08, 2015 06:27:34 pm
      It is a topic that deserves consideration because non of us know what he exactly provides for Liverpool because he's not from the clubs internal promotion folklore.
      Dismiss it as nonsense but what's his CV?
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Pascoe
      Not an amazing read tbf even if I'm linking to wikedpedia.
      What the hell does this guy offer that a John Barnes couldn't offer for example?

Your post is self-defeating. You say we don't know what he provides, but that means we can't consider the topic.

Quick Reply