Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.

Read 32263 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.
      Reply #207: Apr 16, 2015 11:40:33 pm
      I'm sure you're not so daft to suggest that a player's performance and an assistant manager's performance can be assessed in the same level by watching games on tv - clutching at straws again.

No, I said judging them performing their role allows you to form an opinion, nothing about level was mentioned, fabricating that part aren't you?

I said your opinion was ridiculous, nonsensical and embarrassing - yes, I did all of that and would do it again.

You, on the other hand, has accused me of being a liar. That, in my view, is far more serious.

But...

Oh you took that me accusing you of being a liar, interesting when I simply said you judged someone based on FM, perhaps it was a nerve I touched. As I said before though I didn't think you were so precious to take offence at such a glib comment, but come on, Pascoe, how does he do on FM? Of course this time I'm only asking for your observations, not judgement.

Glad to hear it Diego.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #208: Apr 16, 2015 11:46:05 pm
      Oh you took that me accusing you of being a liar, interesting when I simply said you judged someone based on FM
      should I believe you spend 150 hours per day watching Italian, Spanish, League 1, League 2, Champions League, Bundesliga football?

Such cowardice - don't run away from the things you say Luke. And no, it did not hit a nerve, it was just disrespectful and unexpected, because I expected better from you. As I said though - no more.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1220 
      Reply #209: Apr 16, 2015 11:53:55 pm
      For someone getting +5 when the facts in the statement are completely wrong shows what people are actually voting for, not quality just arguments, not healthy debate just more and more bile.

I never said I know, I said I believe and it is in my opinion. Do make sure you reply to this with something equally inaccurate, I'm sure the same people are just itching to + vote something, anything else it is getting quite hilarious but while you're at it, consider those that actually put thoughts into their posts you're actually devaluing their work, good job.

So you are certain as to what YOU think is the truth about Pascoe, but don't think the rest of us are capable of discerning it. And that's not arrogant or disrespectful? Hmmm. No, I think it is.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #210: Apr 17, 2015 12:02:20 am
      Such cowardice - don't run away from the things you say Luke. And no, it did not hit a nerve, it was just disrespectful and unexpected, because I expected better from you. As I said though - no more.

Not at all Diego, I still believe you make judgements based on FM, so where am I running? Observations/Judgements, you choose what you call it.

So you are certain as to what YOU think is the truth about Pascoe, but don't think the rest of us are capable of discerning it. And that's not arrogant or disrespectful? Hmmm. No, I think it is.

No, I have an opinion and a belief. Certainty would require more, but as I said I'm willing to trust my instincts as they've always served me well.

Arrogant and disrespectful, I've been called plenty worse, but no I don't think it is. I think what you're doing again is getting the facts wrong as I never suggested I was more capable just that I choose to share my opinion where I think many others don't, even though they will have formed one.

So you can continue to misquote me, continue to get the facts wrong or you can actually state your opinion on the matter now that might actually be the idea of a forum, but I'm guessing you'd prefer the first two as you're developing a knack for consistency.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #211: Apr 17, 2015 12:13:02 am
      Not at all Diego, I still believe you make judgements based on FM, so where am I running? Observations/Judgements, you choose what you call it.

You're running from the fact you called me a liar, as I just dismissed that accusation as nonsense. So if you're still saying that despite what I say, then you're indeed calling me a liar. Enough of that though. I'm sincerely disappointed but I'd wish to take this conversation no further.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #212: Apr 17, 2015 12:32:58 am
      You're running from the fact you called me a liar, as I just dismissed that accusation as nonsense. So if you're still saying that despite what I say, then you're indeed calling me a liar. Enough of that though. I'm sincerely disappointed but I'd wish to take this conversation no further.

How you choose to interpret it is your choice.

Conversation ended.
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1220 
      Reply #213: Apr 17, 2015 12:34:05 am
      No, I have an opinion and a belief. Certainty would require more, but as I said I'm willing to trust my instincts as they've always served me well.

Arrogant and disrespectful, I've been called plenty worse, but no I don't think it is. I think what you're doing again is getting the facts wrong as I never suggested I was more capable just that I choose to share my opinion where I think many others don't, even though they will have formed one.

So you can continue to misquote me, continue to get the facts wrong or you can actually state your opinion on the matter now that might actually be the idea of a forum, but I'm guessing you'd prefer the first two as you're developing a knack for consistency.

I haven't misquoted you, as I haven't quoted you in the text of my replies. It is, however, obvious from the manner in which you've spoken about Pascoe using the generic ''you can see'' (speaking for everyone) and talking of the ''impression he gives to our players, shorts on, smiling permanently'' (how can you possibly know what impression he gives to our players?) that whilst calling your view an opinion, you really are using terms which imply that your view and reality are one and the same; and that's very arrogant, and also very, very stupid, given the fact that in order to make a judgment about what type of person someone is, never mind whether or not they are fit for a particular job (which is the extra distance you go), you need to know infinitely more than whether or not they wear shorts, smile quite a lot, flip a chart, nod occasionally etc. You made a really unbelievably stupid point, and I can only think that's it's for the sake of trying to save face that you've persisted with it.
      « Last Edit: Apr 17, 2015 02:00:52 am by -LFC- »
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #214: Apr 17, 2015 12:46:40 am
      I haven't misquoted you, as I haven't quoted you. It is, however, obvious from the manner in which you've spoken about Pascoe using the generic ''you can see'' (speaking for everyone) and talking of the ''impression he gives to our players, shorts on, smiling permanently'' (how can you possibly know what impression he gives to our players?) that whilst calling your view an opinion, you really are using terms which imply that your view and reality are one and the same; and that's very arrogant, and also very, very stupid, given the fact that in order to make a judgment about what type of person someone is, never mind whether or not they are fit for a particular job (which is the extra distance you go), you need to know infinitely more than whether or not they wear shorts, smile quite a lot, flip a chart, nod occasionally etc. You made a really unbelievably stupid point, and I can only think that's it's for the sake of trying to save face that you've persisted with it.

You've misquoted me directly above, you'll know this by the "quote" "/quote" that appears around your reply. You continue to claim I've said things such as "I know" rather than "I believe" or "in my opinion".

Taking things out of context where I prefaced them with "I believe" or "in my opinion" is simply distorting the facts, something you are indeed becoming consistent with as I expected.

As for unbelievably stupid point, no simply my opinion, which it remains that Colin Pascoe is a yes man and Brendan would be better served by someone who could challenge him (in an attempt to get the thread anywhere near where it's meant to be :lmao: )
      -LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1220 
      Reply #215: Apr 17, 2015 12:52:50 am
      In case you didn't realise, when you press reply it's a quote, you know this by the "quote", "/quote" that comes up surrounding the text and you have indeed mis-quoted me, because you claim I said something in those quotes that I did not as you've probably now discovered.

Taking things out of context where I prefaced them with "I believe" or "in my opinion" is simply distorting the facts, something you are indeed becoming consistent with as I expected.

I hadn't quoted you in the text of my reply, and if you don't quote someone, you can't misquote them.

Using the terms ''I believe'' and ''in my opinion'' has nothing to do with whether that's an arrogant belief, or an arrogant opinion, an ignorant belief, or an ignorant opinion, a stupid belief, or a stupid opinion etc. Unfortunately you lapsed into all three categories.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #216: Apr 17, 2015 01:03:10 am
      I hadn't quoted you in the text of my reply, and if you don't quote someone, you can't misquote them.

You quoted my entire post or parts of it in your replies but it's really a debate about semantics so I really can't be bothered this late.

Using the terms ''I believe'' and ''in my opinion'' has nothing to do with whether that's an arrogant belief, or an arrogant opinion, an ignorant belief, or an ignorant opinion, a stupid belief, or a stupid opinion etc. Unfortunately you lapsed into all three categories.

Ah so you're no longer claiming that I stated them as facts, well done.

-LFC-
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,213 posts | 1220 
      Reply #217: Apr 17, 2015 01:18:33 am
      You quoted my entire post or parts of it in your replies but it's really a debate about semantics so I really can't be bothered this late.

Ah so you're no longer claiming that I stated them as facts, well done.

You said I misquoted you. I hadn't even quoted you in the text of my reply, which is where I would have quoted you, had I misquoted you.

I didn't say you stated your opinion as fact, but from the manner in which you gave your opinion, whilst still calling it an opinion, and a belief (i.e. something anyone can say in order to give their posts an air of humility), it was clear that you confused your view with reality, hence the generic ''you'' in ''you can see [he's a ''yes man''] (as if it merely required a pair of eyes), telling us what ''impression [Pascoe] gives the players'' (how can you possibly know?) etc.

This is emphatically confirmed by the fact that in your ''opinion'', his character can be inferred from his shorts, the smiles, his postie looks, the nods etc. all of which probably amount to some 0.0000000000000000000000 005% of the information needed to make a reasonably prudent judgment about his suitability for the job.

I'm sure you can appreciate the irony in using the phrase ''in my opinion'' before proceeding to give an opinion as if it were the obvious and undeniable truth; and then, after being called out, resorting to ''ah, but I prefaced my comments by saying 'in my opinion''. It's not some sort of ''get out of b0llocks free card'' you can use when everything else you've said contradicts the notions of uncertainty and prudence inherent in the terms ''belief'' and ''opinion''.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #218: Apr 17, 2015 11:29:08 am
      Colin Pascoe? Any adult who wears a full kit deserves a level of admiration and indeed pity

Damn you!

I've been trying to put the full kit thing to the back of my mind as normally that is enough for me to write anyone off. ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #219: Apr 17, 2015 11:31:49 am
      Damn you!

I've been trying to put the full kit thing to the back of my mind as normally that is enough for me to write anyone off. ;D

Unless they are under the age of 11 so it should Si

:D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #220: Apr 17, 2015 11:40:09 am
      Unless they are under the age of 11 so it should Si

Now that I've thought about it I'd like Brendan to ban him from wearing it.

'Nod along and smile at me all you like Colin but wear those shorts once more and your gone mate'.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #221: Apr 17, 2015 11:42:01 am
      Now that I've thought about it I'd like Brendan to ban him from wearing it.

'Nod along and smile at me all you like Colin but wear those shorts once more and your gone mate'.

And for fucks sake take the shinnys out, give Jordan his armband and you stink of deep heat

Man Colin.. I'm doing my best for you but work with me..

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #222: Apr 17, 2015 11:42:06 am
      I prefer his shorts to Pulis' tracky and baseball cap  ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #223: Apr 17, 2015 11:43:29 am

Now there is a w**ker.

I bet he wears the full kit underneath as well.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #224: Apr 17, 2015 11:44:00 am

Oh aye debs

And nothing else eh? Just a tracky top and a cap..

Well hello mr Pulis..
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #225: Apr 17, 2015 11:46:53 am
      Oh aye debs

Well hello mr Pulis..

:o

Please don't.

Just do not go there.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #226: Apr 17, 2015 11:48:45 am
      :o

Please don't.

Just do not go there.

You may not want to

I may not want to

But debs is swimming in that fantasy there

No no Tone... Leave the cap on

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,247 posts | 4931 
      Reply #227: Apr 17, 2015 11:49:51 am
      You may not want to

I may not want to

But debs is swimming in that fantasy there

No no Tone... Leave the cap on

Tony Pulis in just a cap.

Jesus F***ing Christ Debs.

What is all that about girl.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #228: Apr 17, 2015 11:49:58 am
      Now there is a w**ker.

I bet he wears the full kit underneath as well.

Oh aye debs

Well hello mr Pulis..

Ffs lads he even wore them when he came for his hair cut, I was amazed his cap actually came off  :lmao:

Personally I like my Manager to be smartly suited and booted, the rest I couldn't care less about unless they're standing in for the Manager  ;)
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #229: Apr 17, 2015 11:53:09 am
      Ffs lads he even wore them when he came for his hair cut, I was amazed his cap actually came off  :lmao:

Was it one of those where he sat down.. You put the gown thing round him and pulled of his WBA cap to reveal...

His Crystal Palace hat

Then his Stoke hat

Then his Gillingham hat

Just hat after hat after hat until eventually cousin it fell out

Quick Reply