Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.

Read 32214 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.
      Reply #23: Apr 08, 2015 06:29:18 pm
      It is a topic that deserves consideration

because non of us know what he exactly provides

Those two things are completely contradictory actually. No, it's not worth consideration BECAUSE we don't know, can't know and won't know what his exact impact is, no matter how much we discuss it! What's the point of discussing it then?

And if I see no point in discussing it, I sure as hell don't see any sense in actually passing judgement of a man's work if you don't even know what his role is. It's an hilarious attempt at finding something to complain about!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #24: Apr 08, 2015 06:30:06 pm
      You're right, I may be looking at/for the wrong answers, who knows kid.

Kid. ;D

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #25: Apr 08, 2015 06:30:13 pm
      You may well be right about him not being good enough but as you say he's trusted by Brendan and was chosen by Brendan to join his backroom staff.

The problem with your suggestion of a more experienced man like Rafa, who has won trophies everywhere he's managed is that they wouldn't want to be 2nd in command.

A good Assistant doesn't always make a good Manager, having said that Colin has got a 100% win record when he's had to stand in for Brendan   :f_tongueincheek:

Brendan appointed him as you point out mate, we all know however if the JWH bullet has got your name on it there's F**k all down for you.
      If the owner thinks he's the right man, that'll do for me.  :f_whistle:

Do I hear shouts of ''F**k off''?
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #26: Apr 08, 2015 06:32:40 pm
      Those two things are completely contradictory actually. No, it's not worth consideration BECAUSE we don't know, can't know and won't know what his exact impact is, no matter how much we discuss it! What's the point of discussing it then?

And if I see no point in discussing it, I sure as hell don't see any sense in actually passing judgement of a man's work if you don't even know what his role is. It's an hilarious attempt at finding something to complain about!

I totally beat this post to the punch  ;D
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #27: Apr 08, 2015 06:34:23 pm
      Brendan appointed him as you point out mate, we all know however if the JWH bullet has got your name on it there's F**k all down for you.
      If the owner thinks he's the right man, that'll do for me.  :f_whistle:

Do I hear shouts of ''F**k off''?

Well there is that Stuey although I can't remember an Assistant being sacked whilst the Manager remains, unless it's a fallout between each other.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #28: Apr 08, 2015 06:50:29 pm
      Well there is that Stuey although I can't remember an Assistant being sacked whilst the Manager remains, unless it's a fallout between each other.

I honestly believe JWH is setting the precedents Debs, which in itself is not a healthy situation.
      Sure there might be the odd concession to allay the suspicion but the bigger picture is a move toward image change.
      The concession you allude to is an attempt to preserve a vital ingredient of the support structure and the very base on which LFC stands.
      For our owners to have to concede to that sentiment is nothing short of F***ing alarming.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #29: Apr 08, 2015 06:58:57 pm
      I honestly believe JWH is setting the precedents Debs, which in itself is not a healthy situation.
      Sure there might be the odd concession to allay the suspicion but the bigger picture is a move toward image change.
      The concession you allude to is an attempt to preserve a vital ingredient of the support structure and the very base on which LFC stands.
      For our owners to have to concede to that sentiment is nothing short of F***ing alarming.

I believe there will be change in the summer mate but I'm not sure it'll be the right change.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #30: Apr 08, 2015 07:05:27 pm
      I believe there will be change in the summer mate but I'm not sure it'll be the right change.

There's no reason to think otherwise unfortunately Debs.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #31: Apr 08, 2015 07:21:54 pm
      Poor Colin, lad seems to get it when our results suffer.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #32: Apr 08, 2015 07:23:39 pm
      Poor Colin, lad seems to get it when our results suffer.

Yep.

Mooches about doing F**k all when we're winning.

But as soon as we hit a poor run of form the speccy, short wearing arsehole is all over the tactics and systems.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #33: Apr 08, 2015 07:27:57 pm
      Don't no which thread to chime in  on; this one or the blow off the FA Cup thread.

Quite the quandary.... :f_doh:
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #34: Apr 08, 2015 08:39:13 pm
      The coaches follow Brendans pre set sessions and both Pascoe and Marsh will know how we're setting up for each game and know roughly what changes will be made during the game and when.  He discusses those changes on the touchline with Brendan and it's Colin who goes through the charts etc with the players before they're subbed on.

You're right about the charts debs, the problem is that for the majority of the time, by the time Pascoe has found the relevant sheet, the sub has already entered the field of play. Seen it happen many times, that is no joke.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #35: Apr 08, 2015 10:27:05 pm
      You're right about the charts debs, the problem is that for the majority of the time, by the time Pascoe has found the relevant sheet, the sub has already entered the field of play. Seen it happen many times, that is no joke.

Haha good point. He does seem to be flapping his way through about 30 pages of paper right there on the touchline.

Wouldn't you think they'd just tell the sub 2 minutes before they strip?
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #36: Apr 08, 2015 10:38:41 pm
      Haha good point. He does seem to be flapping his way through about 30 pages of paper right there on the touchline.

Wouldn't you think they'd just tell the sub 2 minutes before they strip?

You're right mate. That's what somebody with a brain would do.

But hey, i don't work with him every day so how could i possibly come to any conclusion with regards to him being a fuckwit? :f_tongueincheek: >:D

What's more worrying is that they have to use a piece of laminated A4 paper to tell a professional athlete how to do his job and where to go?
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #37: Apr 08, 2015 10:45:36 pm
      You're right mate. That's what somebody with a brain would do.

But hey, i don't work with him every day so how could i possibly come to any conclusion with regards to him being a fuckwit? :f_tongueincheek: >:D

What's more worrying is that they have to use a piece of laminated A4 paper to tell a professional athlete how to do his job and where to go?

I know mate, I was going to say we should have an ipad or tablet but the f**ker doesn't look like he can use one.

But like you say, what's wrong with just telling them.

Surely the instructions are short and extremely specific to the individual... Specific enough that you'd understand them without a chart.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #38: Apr 08, 2015 10:47:35 pm
      Wait a sec. Some posters were saying Brendan (and thereby the rest of the coaching staff) don't do their homework on opposing teams. So what's all this "Pascoe has 30 pages of notes" about then? ;D
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #39: Apr 08, 2015 10:55:42 pm
      Wait a sec. Some posters were saying Brendan (and thereby the rest of the coaching staff) don't do their homework on opposing teams. So what's all this "Pascoe has 30 pages of notes" about then? ;D

I think he does portraits in his spare time and is really only asking the players what they think of his pictures.

Or he prints crosswords off to do during the match and just asks for help with some of the questions so he can crack on with them once the sub is made.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #40: Apr 08, 2015 10:58:40 pm
      I think he does portraits in his spare time and is really only asking the players what they think of his pictures.

Or he prints crosswords off to do during the match and just asks for help with some of the questions so he can crack on with them once the sub is made.

I think that's it!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #41: Apr 08, 2015 10:59:50 pm

Indeed.

First he does F**k all but then he gets stick for having notes for the players.

Which will be under the managers orders as well I'd imagine.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #42: Apr 09, 2015 12:06:53 am
      this post might anger some of my haters

If somebody was being an arse, and they knew they were being an arse,
      this is probably how they would start their post.

Capital T for the start and then get over yourself.
      "Haters" Get the F**k out of here.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Apr 09, 2015 09:23:29 am

Correct Debs it is always the manager who brings his second in command to the club. The only L.F.C. manager I can recall who only brought himself to the club and kept the existing training staff was Bill Shankly. As we now know Bill was a very astute man and knew what he was doing.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #44: Apr 09, 2015 12:21:23 pm
      If somebody was being an arse, and they knew they were being an arse,
      this is probably how they would start their post.

Capital T for the start and then get over yourself.
      "Haters" Get the f**k out of here.
      haha i knew you wouldnt let me down love how angry our fans our towards each other makes me laugh. Well done
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #45: Apr 09, 2015 12:35:12 pm
      I understand we dont know what the impact is and yes this was just put out there for a discussion as its not around on the site, well not that i can see. I wasnt moaning just wanted a discussion on if we feel that we need a bit more experiance in the coaching/management side of things that's all.

those that dont agree with the post then why take the time to slag off others who do want to talk about it, this site is becoming full of angry fans jumping at the chance to abuse other liverpool fans.

Quick Reply