Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.

Read 32253 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Re: Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.
      Reply #46: Apr 09, 2015 12:40:32 pm
      I understand we dont know what the impact is and yes this was just put out there for a discussion as its not around on the site, well not that i can see. I wasnt moaning just wanted a discussion on if we feel that we need a bit more experiance in the coaching/management side of things that's all.

those that dont agree with the post then why take the time to slag off others who do want to talk about it, this site is becoming full of angry fans jumping at the chance to abuse other liverpool fans.

Because we have no reference point for a discussion mate.

Nobody on here, unless they can prove otherwise, has a clue how good or bad Colin is as a football coach.

He could be the best, or worst, coach working in the game but how anyone can tell I've no idea.

Add to the fact that our managers is very much a 'coach' then Colin's role is far less important than some on here seem to think it is.

Also this discussion never comes up when we're on a winning run and no one every thinks, 'My god we're on a great run here. That Pasco must be doing a great job in training'.

But as soon as we hit a bad spell he's sh*te, we need a defensive coach etc etc.

It's bollocks.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #47: Apr 09, 2015 12:46:37 pm
      i take that point mate that's a fair one, I honestly just put it out there. Dont want to come across as if i'm moaning as i think under the circumstances of losing Suarez, Sturridge most of the season and also have injuries to the defence all season BR and his staff have done a good job. I think BR spend some of the money in the summer well with others needing a season to bed in Markovich,Moreno but others have been waste of money and we've over paid.
      Anyway I'm going off point what i'm trying to say is do we feel BR and his staff need a bit of experiance adding to the staff maybe a director to help with transfers or someone else in a different capacity at the club.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #48: Apr 09, 2015 02:56:40 pm
      Anyway I'm going off point what i'm trying to say is do we feel BR and his staff need a bit of experiance adding to the staff maybe a director to help with transfers or someone else in a different capacity at the club.

Personally I don't.

What I would like to see would be one or two, no more, top quality experienced players and see what the boss can do with them added to the young talent we have.

We would improve much more with one or tow of these players than changing anything in the coaching staff.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #49: Apr 09, 2015 03:14:29 pm

Kenny Dalglish is at the club if his advice/support was needed by Rodgers.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #50: Apr 09, 2015 03:14:58 pm

/thread
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #51: Apr 09, 2015 04:09:13 pm
      Yer suppose mate good point totally take that on board.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #52: Apr 09, 2015 04:22:53 pm
      ALL GOOD POINTS BELOW I'VE HAD A MARE ON THIS ONE ADMIN PLEASE DELETE THE THREAD BUT THANKS FOR THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THE DISCUSSION ANSWERED SOME OF MY QUESTIONS THERE

YNWA
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #53: Apr 09, 2015 04:25:43 pm
      I must have missed something. How do people know whether or not he's any good at his job (Pascoe)? It's like asking whether or no the coach driver is good at negotiating difficult parking angles, who knows?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #54: Apr 09, 2015 04:40:30 pm
      I must have missed something. How do people know whether or not he's any good at his job (Pascoe)? It's like asking whether or no the coach driver is good at negotiating difficult parking angles, who knows?

Agree in some respect but you generally do get to hear what assistants are good at, we've heard nothing come out of the camp regarding Pascoe and my general impression of him is that he is just a yes man.

You can see this by the chats that happen during the match between him and Brendan, they're instigated by Brendan and the nodding dog next to him with the glasses on is our man Pascoe. Also the impression he gives to our players, shorts on, smiling permanently, reminds me of the postie who has a bet with his mates that he wont change out the shorts for the winter.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #55: Apr 09, 2015 04:48:58 pm
      Agree in some respect but you generally do get to hear what assistants are good at, we've heard nothing come out of the camp regarding Pascoe and my general impression of him is that he is just a yes man.

You can see this by the chats that happen during the match between him and Brendan, they're instigated by Brendan and the nodding dog next to him with the glasses on is our man Pascoe. Also the impression he gives to our players, shorts on, smiling permanently, reminds me of the postie who has a bet with his mates that he wont change out the shorts for the winter.

Ah well fair enough. If we're basing our opinion of him on the fact that he nods when Brendan talks to him and the fact that he smiles and wears shorts, now I'm with the programme. For my part, I'm going to add in the fact that he has a centre parting. Perhaps it's just me, but I've never been that sold on blokes who for the line down the middle. No excuse for it in my book, get rid of the c***.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #56: Apr 09, 2015 04:51:39 pm
      Ah well fair enough. If we're basing our opinion of him on the fact that he nods when Brendan talks to him and the fact that he smiles and wears shorts, now I'm with the programme. For my part, I'm going to add in the fact that he has a centre parting. Perhaps it's just me, but I've never been that sold on blokes who for the line down the middle. No excuse for it in my book, get rid of the c***.

:lmao:
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #57: Apr 09, 2015 04:53:31 pm

Not to mention he wears glasses, the tw*t. Sack him.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #58: Apr 09, 2015 04:58:11 pm
      some good points raised below about RAFA maybe that is a mad idea, just seems sometimes when we are up against it this season we've not made the changes earlier enough to change the game. Sometimes BR changes it early and we go on and get a point but lately we've seem to run out of ideas, now i dont know if that's down to being tired, formation, or the opposition just being better all round. tonight is a real test of the management and players charachter we need to come out fighting and get our tactics and team selection spot on.

ALL GOOD POINTS BELOW I'VE HAD A MARE ON THIS ONE ADMIN PLEASE DELETE THE THREAD BUT THANKS FOR THOSE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THE DISCUSSION ANSWERED SOME OF MY QUESTIONS THERE

Hi mate, just out of curiosity, do you hang upside down?  ;D

All previous posts you respond to are below you. How do you do it?

We had a thread like this once before about him, it's hard to know what Colin Pascoe does, hence the reason the thread turns pretty silly when people start picking up on his mannerisms/actions and dress sense. FWIW, I hope he doesn't have White teeth, that should seal his fate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #59: Apr 09, 2015 05:03:41 pm
      Agree in some respect but you generally do get to hear what assistants are good at

Really? I'd love to see some examples if you have any off the top of your head.

I couldn't name one assistant in the Premier League besides Pascoe.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #60: Apr 09, 2015 05:06:40 pm

Well, you'll hear about Meulensteen, Phelan, etc. but that had more to do with the fact that Ferguson, for example, wasn't much of a hands-on coach or tactician the way Brendan is. Or Mourinho's assistant, Rui Faria, who's been with Mourinho at every stop.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Reply #61: Apr 09, 2015 05:07:00 pm

I can but its only because Van Gooch got in his face.

Giggsy at Man Uniturd...

Edit: He's good at sitting there whilst LVG goes crazy in his face
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #62: Apr 09, 2015 05:08:23 pm
      Well, you'll hear about Meulensteen, Phelan, etc. but that had more to do with the fact that Ferguson, for example, wasn't much of a hands-on coach or tactician the way Brendan is. Or Mourinho's assistant, Rui Faria, who's been with Mourinho at every stop.

That Rui Faria bloke? He's the one who jumped off the bench like a crazed madman that time and looked like he was about to nut the referee, other than that I have no idea what he does.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #63: Apr 09, 2015 05:09:23 pm
      I can but its only because Van Gooch got in his face.

Giggsy at Man Uniturd

Haha that's right...hilarious too!
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #64: Apr 09, 2015 05:17:46 pm

Aside from being a c**t, Rui Faria is not famous for any particular attribute or ability.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #65: Apr 09, 2015 05:21:35 pm
      Aside from being a c**t, Rui Faria is not famous for any particular attribute or ability.

Very true, although it has to be said that along with his sidekicks they have elevated the art of being a c*** into something of a science.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #66: Apr 09, 2015 05:21:47 pm
      That Rui Faria bloke? He's the one who jumped off the bench like a crazed madman that time and looked like he was about to nut the referee, other than that I have no idea what he does.

Absolutely, Faria is a loon. But you know him, right? That's what I was saying to FL Red. You DO hear about other assistants in general from time to time but nothing ever specific about their coaching ability.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #67: Apr 09, 2015 05:24:00 pm

Me neither.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #68: Apr 09, 2015 05:52:01 pm
      Absolutely, Faria is a loon. But you know him, right? That's what I was saying to FL Red. You DO hear about other assistants in general from time to time but nothing ever specific about their coaching ability.

But my point was addressing this part of KL's post:

Agree in some respect but you generally do get to hear what assistants are good at

I guess if being a loon is what you are good at......

Quick Reply