Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.

Read 32224 times
      Bier
      Re: Is Colin Pascoe a good enough assistant or do we need a new one.
      Reply #69: Apr 09, 2015 05:58:38 pm
      I just know Erwin Koeman, who is quite experienced for an assistant, and Albert Stuivenberg who is very well known in my country for developing youth players. But I only know them fairly well because they're Dutch. I really couldn't say if any others are good or bad assistants, can't say it about ours either. In the end I think it's the manager's responsibility to recognise stuff like this, it's not really of our concern. It's impossible for us to have a good opinion on Pascoe, so as long as Brendan is happy with him there's no reason for us to question his abilities.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #70: Apr 09, 2015 06:02:19 pm
      I'm not bigging Faria up here at all but that psychopath you talk of rubs off on all those around him. One thing you can't accuse Chelsea of is a lack of fight. When players see backroom staff going mental like that it fires them up. Fight and desire are infectious, as a certain Mr. Suarez proved last Season and Gerrard for that matter.

I don't know what it is about Pascoe but he just doesn't fit. He is like a corpse. I'm not the only one who looks at people that arrive at the Club, players or backroom staff and thinks no, this isn't right.

I felt the same when we signed Allen, Borini, Aspas etc. There are players you just know will never make the grade here, the same goes for backroom staff.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #71: Apr 09, 2015 06:08:23 pm
      Absolutely, Faria is a loon. But you know him, right? That's what I was saying to FL Red. You DO hear about other assistants in general from time to time but nothing ever specific about their coaching ability.

:f_tongueincheek:
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #72: Apr 09, 2015 06:17:45 pm
      I'm not bigging Faria up here at all but that psychopath you talk of rubs off on all those around him. One thing you can't accuse Chelsea of is a lack of fight. When players see backroom staff going mental like that it fires them up. Fight and desire are infectious, as a certain Mr. Suarez proved last Season and Gerrard for that matter.

I don't know what it is about Pascoe but he just doesn't fit. He is like a corpse. I'm not the only one who looks at people that arrive at the Club, players or backroom staff and thinks no, this isn't right.

I felt the same when we signed Allen, Borini, Aspas etc. There are players you just know will never make the grade here, the same goes for backroom staff.

I'd rather Pascoe's calmness in an assistant manager, but we'll probably won't agree on that.

When you listen to his interviews (the few he has done), you can tell that just isn't the case;
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj4y1wLdHxk#ws

I remember watching the full presser and he came off really well. I'll try to dig up the rest of it.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #73: Apr 09, 2015 06:24:26 pm
      I don't know what it is about Pascoe but he just doesn't fit.

I don't know how you can say he doesn't fit yet start a sentence with 'I don't know what it is'.

If anyone can give a sensible reason as to why he 'doesn't fit' or is sh*te at his job then it's worth a debate but everything we've had so far has just been presumption and guess work, most of which based in his appearance.

If anyone doesn't want Pascoe then you may as well kiss goodbye to Brendan as well as they work together.

« Last Edit: Apr 09, 2015 10:19:27 pm by srslfc »
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #74: Apr 09, 2015 06:32:11 pm
      I don't know how you can say he doesn't fit yet start a sentence with 'I don't know what it is'.

If anyone can give a sensible reason as to why he 'doesn't fit' or is sh*te at his job then it's worth a debate but everything we've had so far has just been presumption and guess work, most of which based in his appearance.

If anyone doesn't went Pascoe then you may as well kiss goodbye to Brendan as well as they work together.  ;)

It's a lot deeper than that srslfc. Pascoe, Allen and Borini. Do the maths. Comfort blankets, the lot of them.

Let me tell you something, if Pascoe became available no team in the Premier League would take him. Swans supporters were glad to see the back of him. Churchill dog? Yes.

That presser was read from a sheet of paper by the way.

But hey, let's all masturbate over the man who is the master of the A4 ring binder.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #75: Apr 09, 2015 06:37:23 pm
      It's a lot deeper than that srslfc. Pascoe, Allen and Borini. Do the maths. Comfort blankets, the lot of them.

Let me tell you something, if Pascoe became available no team in the Premier League would take him. Swans supporters were glad to see the back of him. Churchill dog? Yes.

But hey, let's all masturbate over the man who is the master of the A4 ring binder.

Sorry mate but I still don't see any solid proof in what you wrote that Pascoe is doing anything that is holding us back or shows he is a poor coach.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #76: Apr 09, 2015 06:42:59 pm
      What a F***ing ridiculous thread this is.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #77: Apr 09, 2015 07:01:33 pm
      So we've lost two matches and now Pascoe's getting it again.

I wish the whole 'when we lose let's start kicking someone' attitude would F**k off to where it belongs, namely another club.

A garden isn't always rosy but that doesn't mean when it isn't you start taking a sh*t all over it.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #78: Apr 09, 2015 07:01:43 pm

If anyone is masturbating over Pascoe, they need to have a word with themselves.

I think what most are saying in here is that whatever he offers or doesn't offer probably has very little to do with the results on the pitch (like most other assistants)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #79: Apr 09, 2015 07:05:32 pm
      If anyone is masturbating over Pascoe, they need to have a word with themselves.

I think what most are saying in here is that whatever he offers or doesn't offer probably has very little to do with the results on the pitch (like most other assistants)

I would say even less impact than some assistants FL.

And as I said earlier those who put great importance on what Colin does don't seem to be too forthcoming with praise when we're on a good run or almost winning the league.

Now I'm off to look up that press conference and I have my Kleenex ready. ;)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #80: Apr 09, 2015 07:18:44 pm
      Ah well fair enough. If we're basing our opinion of him on the fact that he nods when Brendan talks to him and the fact that he smiles and wears shorts, now I'm with the programme. For my part, I'm going to add in the fact that he has a centre parting. Perhaps it's just me, but I've never been that sold on blokes who for the line down the middle. No excuse for it in my book, get rid of the c***.

So you can't make intuitive judgements based on observations then Mick?
      You can't differentiate between positive and negative body language?
      You can't associate dress sense with projection of authority or role?
      You're also saying that you can't get information from non verbal communication?

In isolation any one of these could be dismissed by your glib response but collectively they amount an impression of someone. Something you will have formed whether you choose to admit it or not, the fact that you're evasive and defensive about it in such a manner suggests it's not far off what has been suggested.

Seriously you got 5 pluses for that reply though, that's hilarious, you giving out free ale at your boozer for everyone that pluses you or something haha.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #81: Apr 09, 2015 07:35:19 pm

Haha that fella you just quoted there is on ignore here otherwise I wouldn't have seen that post. To say that people are "masturbating over Pascoe" suggests the mental age of a child. That or a very clear agenda. Or both.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6355 
      Reply #82: Apr 09, 2015 07:51:39 pm
      So you can't make intuitive judgements based on observations then Mick?

I made one....this thread is s**t.

AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #83: Apr 09, 2015 08:47:15 pm
      I made one....this thread is s**t.

Has Colin had his teeth done? that might be the reason.
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #84: Apr 09, 2015 09:21:01 pm
      Has Colin had his teeth done? that might be the reason.
      Dunno but he could do with giving those pastie legs a F***ing spray tan.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #85: Apr 09, 2015 10:13:10 pm
      Pascoe is Brendan Rodger's choice as his assistant. If you question the quality of Pascoe you are questioning the judgement of the manager. Which anyone is entitled to do. But at least be honest about it and don't put all the focus on poor old Pascoe.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #86: Apr 09, 2015 10:22:06 pm
      The man i always sacked when managing our team in FM.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #87: Apr 09, 2015 10:25:22 pm

So what?
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #88: Apr 09, 2015 10:33:31 pm
      I don't think he helps Brendan too much, on the contrary, but he picks his own staff as every other manager does and it's his choice.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #89: Apr 09, 2015 10:40:41 pm

Bizzare, you keep hiring a man then keep sacking him? ;D
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #90: Apr 09, 2015 10:47:51 pm
      Bizzare, you keep hiring a man then keep sacking him? ;D

No, when you start the career you have the same staff Brendan has in this moment.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4973 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #91: Apr 10, 2015 09:00:28 pm
      How f***in pathetic is this thread, have some on these boards really sunk so low they have to have a dig at Brendan's no2, let's set the record straight here, if Brendan believes Colin Pascoe is good enough to be his right hand man that's good enough for me and if I'm honest be good enough for all of you too,

First we had Brendan with his new choppers, new car, new bird, getting sh*t, that was low enough, but ffs now we're targeting Pascoe, who is doing what a no2 should be doing, keeping a low profile, and getting on with his tasks in hand, supporting his gaffer and being there for Brendan,

Is it really that important he has a central parting, wears shorts 24/7, hasn't had his choppers done(yet) or that ppl w*nk themselves silly over his fat hairy thighs ?
      So what next then, oh I know, let's blame the tea lady eh, if anyone's to blame it's her, quite ironic really because this thread is designed to cause a "storm in a teacup"

Stirring stuff indeed  :f_whistle:

Load of and bollox spring to mind

YNWA

Quick Reply