Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Flanagan's Contract Situation ?

Read 6826 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Flanagan's Contract Situation ?
      Apr 09, 2015 10:24:17 pm
      I've read that his contract runs out in the summer, and i didn't see anyone mentioning this fact in the forums. How is it possible we still haven't offered a new deal to the lad ? Maybe the site where i was reading this news is wrong, i can't really believe this. Saw it on teamtalk's page where they made a team of players who will be free in the summer.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Re: Flanagan's Contract Situation ?
      Reply #1: Apr 10, 2015 04:10:17 am
      oh man are you kidding me? george what is wrong with you? you're supposed to get your fix of drama with your day time tv soap operas, yet you feel the need to turn anything LFC related into the same kind of bs story. why do you hate LFC so much?

at age 25 you aren't supposed to be lapping up the daily stars propaganda still, that's a quarter of a century on earth to find your feet... even after everything our (?) club went through with the national media, it's like you want to support them instead of us?

just in case you're genuinely wondering, like if you don't pay attention to what our players say and just rely on your subscription to the s*n - it's absurd to wonder why we aren't wrapping a contract up with 7 games left. do you realise how silly that is? we already know hendo and raheem wont be signed until post-season. what makes you think flanagan will be signed with games still to be played? why would we re-sign him today and leave the rest for the end of the season?

your way of thinking, or lack thereof, is the antithesis of a Liverpool person.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2: Apr 10, 2015 06:08:55 am
      On local lad Flanagan, who has recently returned to full training after missing the whole of the campaign with a knee injury: “Flanagan is Liverpool through and through, and Rodgers sees him as a big part of the future too. He’s had a torrid year with injury, but a new contract should be sorted before the end of the season.”

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2015/03/liverpool-latest-toure-flanagan-contract-milner-ings-interest/

Go to bed George, its past your bedtime and you get cranky without your nappy.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #3: Apr 10, 2015 08:09:11 am
      I was just asking a question, why you two jump on me, i don't have any subscriptions to a newspaper, i have just seen the news last night, i posted this without an ill attempt to attack our club if you cared to read my post.

I'm more than happy that AZPatriot camed with that link which reassures me that the lad's future is at our club.

Some people here are really butthurt and have anger management issues if they start bashing people out for asking a question, you need to be more relaxed, i even said that maybe the site was wrong, i posted this in the hope that someone will come up with something to make it clear about his situation, hence the question mark in the thread's title.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #4: Apr 10, 2015 09:32:29 am
      In order to get compensation for a young player running out their contract a new deal must be offered by the club of equal or greater value of their existing contract. It is entirely possible the club have "low-balled" him, i.e. just offered him something very similar to his existing contract until it becomes clear whether he will ever recover from his injury.
      It sucks, but it does make sense.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #5: Apr 10, 2015 09:37:02 am
      I was just asking a question, why you two jump on me
      I have no dog in this fight buddy but... They maybe believe that it would have been just as easy for you search the interweb thingy, for an answer, as it was to post on here.  :confused-smiley-013:
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #6: Apr 10, 2015 09:37:42 am
      I was just asking a question, why you two jump on me, i don't have any subscriptions to a newspaper, i have just seen the news last night, i posted this without an ill attempt to attack our club if you cared to read my post.

I'm more than happy that AZPatriot camed with that link which reassures me that the lad's future is at our club.

Some people here are really butthurt and have anger management issues if they start bashing people out for asking a question, you need to be more relaxed, i even said that maybe the site was wrong, i posted this in the hope that someone will come up with something to make it clear about his situation, hence the question mark in the thread's title.
      Well said George... you only asked a question!

How anyone can misconstrue that in an attack on the club is beyond me… Its meant ot be a forum!!

This place is starting to resemble the fuckwits at over on RAWK
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #7: Apr 10, 2015 09:49:46 am
      he wont go anywhere he got a hard on when he scored his last worldy goal, if that's not love i dont know what is

Flannadinho will be back to add some much needed scouseness to the team
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: Apr 10, 2015 09:51:49 am
      Get off the lads back ffs, he was asking a question!
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #9: Apr 10, 2015 10:05:43 am
      How about we keep these threads to the player threads rather than making new ones eh? Sterling was a unique case. For the rest we don't need a new thread each time they face contract expiry.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #10: Apr 10, 2015 10:07:32 am
      How about we keep these threads to the player threads rather than making new ones eh? Sterling was a unique case. For the rest we don't need a new thread each time they face contract expiry.

Thats a fair point...

... but he dont deserve the stick he's got for starting the thread!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #11: Apr 10, 2015 10:10:24 am
      Some may not like or agree with George but all he did was ask a question I mean it is a forum after all  lot of angry souls about at the moment .
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #12: Apr 10, 2015 10:35:30 am
      I'd imagine Liverpool are concerned about whether he is going to make a 'full recovery' from his injury?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #13: Apr 10, 2015 11:05:27 am
      I'd imagine Liverpool are concerned about whether he is going to make a 'full recovery' from his injury?

Agree.

Flanno is one of those players you love to have in your squad yet the team won't fall apart without him.

Fully recovered he is well worth a good long contract.

Niggling injuries mean the club will think twice.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Apr 10, 2015 11:10:20 am
      No chance flanno wont get a contract. Will be sorted soon, and just as important he will be on the pitch again soon.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #15: Apr 10, 2015 02:19:02 pm
      Thats a fair point...

... but he dont deserve the stick he's got for starting the thread!

I quite agree. I wasn't attempting to give him stick for it nor justify those posts.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #16: Apr 10, 2015 02:27:02 pm
      Flanno's been offered a new deal, he turned it down.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #17: Apr 10, 2015 03:14:36 pm

Really?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18: Apr 10, 2015 03:50:10 pm

A couple of weeks ago Si. 
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #19: Apr 10, 2015 04:11:00 pm
      Dont talk to him,slap his face. :lmao:
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #20: Apr 10, 2015 05:52:05 pm
      We really need to seal 5-year contracts for Jon Flanagan, Jordan Henderson and Jordon Ibe.

These three players are very important for the club going forward long term.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #21: Apr 10, 2015 06:02:41 pm

I heard the same thing, but when I checked again today to post in this thread I could find nothing remotely reliable.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #22: Apr 21, 2015 12:45:03 pm
      really? is there a situation he is very lucky to be offered a new deal after being injured for so long, i think this is media making up stories he wont go anyway as i dont think he would have anyone coming in for him tbh. not many teams want and old fasioned RB anymore who likes a tackle as the games gone soft.

hope its not true but doubt it is

Quick Reply