Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

FSG's Most Important Summer?

Read 39793 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: FSG's Most Important Summer?
      Reply #161: Apr 17, 2015 03:18:19 pm
      LFC is special, LFC does not fit the mould of any of our competitors, although they strive to imitate they cannot match our tradition history or following, ipso facto LFC is unique, LFC is a [size-12pt]model[/size] that cannot be matched.

You might think that, I might think it, but so does every fan of every successful club in the world.
      Every club is "unique", so to just apply it to Liverpool is a silly argument.

This still doesn't answer the question I asked.
      What is so different about the (historic) LFC business model that makes it unique and different to the model of other clubs

You give several interpretations of the word ''asset'' all are correct in a specific context.
      The context I use it in is as grammatically applicable as any of the examples given.
      I didn't give ANY definitions (and that's the word you want here instead of "interpretation" ) I posted the dictionary definition which showed you were completely wrong in any context.

Once again the facts contradict your arrogance.
      More personal abuse.
      You just can't help yourself can you.
      I notice this happens frequently when you cannot post or think of a sensible reply.

Comolli was appointed to monitor KD by JWH & Co, once again not being privy to your inside and unchallengeable data I must go by the facts that Dalglish was reinstated as an employee of LFC and JWH & Co publicly announced that they had ''made mistakes''.
      Supposition.
      Do you have a copy of his contract?
      Can you show us definitive proof that he was there to "monitor"  :lmao: Dalglish?
      Why would there be a need to "monitor" the manager?
      Are you currently wearing a tinfoil hat?
      This is just another one of your ridiculous conspiracy theories.

It is acknowledged that H&G negated the 'asset' qualification.
      Pure nonsense.
      Acknowledged by whom?
      You are saying that h&g "destroyed" an asset, and yet that asset (LFC) is still here, so they didn't in fact destroy it.

You admit yourself the above is assumption.
      Here's what I posted:
      So, it ceased to be an asset on one hand (according to you) and now you want to completely change that and call it an asset again.
      So from this we can assume that you are either talking out of your arse, or you don't know what an asset actually is.

According to you, Moores sold an asset which then became not an asset when h&g bought it, but then changed back to an asset when FSG came on the scene, then at the same time you say that it was a viable asset that could stand on its own, but then say that FSG should be pumping their own money in (which they have in the form of interest free loans).

It's all completely contradictory, makes no sense and is really rather silly.
      Where does it say I agree anything is an assumption?
      The answer of course, is that it doesn't.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #162: Apr 17, 2015 08:39:40 pm
      When someone continually tries to overpower a forum with " the owners need to spend spend spend " when it's completely obvious the club is spending the maximum possible it gets very tiresome. Now if you say as you did that the owners need to spend more wisely that's fair comment.

:lmao:

I wonder if you managed to keep a straight face when you typed that whopper... :roll:

Liverpool "Soccer Brand" forums are getting less like Kew Gardens, more like Day of the Triffids..
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #163: Apr 17, 2015 08:48:06 pm

I wonder if you managed to keep a straight face when you typed that whopper... :roll:

Liverpool "Soccer Brand" forums are getting less like Kew Gardens, more like Day of the Triffids..

its a forum, you dont agree show why! just read the accounts before you make a fool of yourself, they have been published.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #164: Apr 17, 2015 09:39:43 pm

its a forum, you dont agree show why! just read the accounts before you make a fool of yourself, they have been published.

These two going at it:

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #165: Apr 18, 2015 02:31:41 pm

He keeps promising to show everyone these mythical accounts which he reckons show money being taken out, but they never materialise.
      It would be very easy to do if the evidence was there, but it's not, and the problem is he keeps insisting it is but never showing any of his "proof".
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #166: Apr 20, 2015 10:14:06 pm

I have read the accounts. From the very beginning. UNLIKE YOURSELF, divvy.

Fenway = the Full of sh*t Group.
      And YOU'RE exactly the same.

Less net spend now than during the Moores era.
      All it needed was an extra 60m or so to fix it on takeover. That would have given better commercial, TV and Champs Lge income. It would also have prevented the alienation of the fans that has occurred. Which would translate to more merchandising income.

We wouldn't have even needed the constant trickle of also rans being signed after that.

Fenway are greedy extremist bullshitters. And their apologists, like you are just as bad.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #167: Apr 20, 2015 10:17:07 pm
      He keeps promising to show everyone these mythical accounts which he reckons show money being taken out, but they never materialise.
      It would be very easy to do if the evidence was there, but it's not, and the problem is he keeps insisting it is but never showing any of his "proof".

You keep on repeating your lie week after week.
      I never said they were taking out a dividend, so stop lying, week after week.

They may be under/overinvoicing on things, like Hicks did with the architect fees. But thats a separate issue.

I explained how they are obsessed with having the accounts look a particular way.
      This is related to INTERNAL RATE OF RETURN. Which means  they are able to get the benefit back further up the chain of management companies.

So change the record, start telling the truth about my posts. And most importantly, get your head our of your smarmy boss's arse!
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #168: Apr 20, 2015 10:19:51 pm
      You and the rest of the bollox crew see what you want to see to accommodate an agenda.
      Show me any mention by myself of JWH & Co being required to 'spend, spend, spend'.
      One indication, one suggestion, one sentence with that appropriate word compilation.

You are bolloxed.
      I did notice in your nonsensical ramblings some reference to myself and the word idiot, if you enter into a discussion with only assumption and mistaken reference in your armoury it is yourself who is the naïve, uninformed fool - nobody else.
      My premise is JWH & Co should display and confirm their confidence in LFC by using their own money to promote the club.
      Rather a different concept than the rabid spend, spend, spend quote you erroneously claim.

Imagine any other company abusing its customers like that on a web forum.

Its like Hicks jnr and "blow me fuckface" all over again.
      I want Fenway gone. And I want the plants and the parrots gone.

The real supporters of LFC are sick to death of the invasion of blerts.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #169: Apr 20, 2015 10:22:34 pm
      Has no one got any Roundup so we can be rid of this pernicious weed?  Yet again it was asked for facts and just produced rhetoric in response.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #170: Apr 20, 2015 11:00:49 pm
      Has no one got any Roundup so we can be rid of this pernicious weed?  Yet again it was asked for facts and just produced rhetoric in response.

I will be posting more facts later this week, for the hard of thinking.
      Altho any normal person can see it themselves from the accounts.

For now, the divvies can chew on this one.
      The team is at the same level now as it was when Fenway took over. Infact, weaker.
      4 and a half years of promises. 4 and a half yrs of drivel posted by their plants, parrots and apologists. And your kind are still telling us "Fenway are just about to bring the glory days back".

Its getting tiresome. Go back to your rounders!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #171: Apr 20, 2015 11:50:23 pm
      I will be posting more facts later this week, for the hard of thinking.
      Altho any normal person can see it themselves from the accounts.

For now, the divvies can chew on this one.
      The team is at the same level now as it was when Fenway took over. Infact, weaker.
      4 and a half years of promises. 4 and a half yrs of drivel posted by their plants, parrots and apologists. And your kind are still telling us "Fenway are just about to bring the glory days back".

Its getting tiresome. Go back to your rounders!  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

More?  We're still waiting for anything but supposition and innuendo from you, do yourself, and everyone else on the form, a favour and don't bother posting at all.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #172: Apr 21, 2015 12:02:49 am
      I have read the accounts. From the very beginning. UNLIKE YOURSELF, divvy.

Fenway = the Full of sh*t Group.
      And YOU'RE exactly the same.

Less net spend now than during the Moores era.
      All it needed was an extra 60m or so to fix it on takeover. That would have given better commercial, TV and Champs Lge income. It would also have prevented the alienation of the fans that has occurred. Which would translate to more merchandising income.

We wouldn't have even needed the constant trickle of also rans being signed after that.

Fenway are greedy extremist bullshitters. And their apologists, like you are just as bad.

That shithead plant you reply to has been banned.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,522 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #173: Apr 21, 2015 08:42:03 am
      Every summer is important, but this one; the board must buy 3/4 top drawer players.

And we need the injured players from thsi season to stay fit next season, if they can't stay fit we need to replace them with guys who are fit. Harsh considering we all love the guys who are injured. but...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #174: Apr 21, 2015 09:58:28 am
      Good post Si

Most important summer?

Its a very important one but im not sure it could be classed anymore important than any of their previous ones myself.. Last season was arguably a very important one and it seems to me it lacked any real clear thinking.

You know what though ive been thinking since the Cup Semi the other day constantly, its like a fog over me how poor we were and how insipid the display was. Now ive watched enough football for long enough to know that you can have a bad perfomance at any time and that underdogs can raise their game to beat you on any given day [Istanbul anyone].. But the whole way we went about it showed me numerous things.

That the fact have been poor for all bar say 10 weeks of the season shows a real lack in quality in the squad

The fact the manager cant settle on a formation week to week and even in game shows he doesnt have the quality in the squad

The fact we are getting overun in games shows thereare no real leaders in the squad.

Whoever we choose to 'blame' for that lack of quality and leaders in the squad doesnt take away from the fact it is there. I personally think that everyone has an element of blame attached to them.. FSG for their strategy and 'company' structure, the committee and the manager for the squad we have ended up with

So to look at them.

FSG came here, saw a bargain that they could trim down and ultimately turn around to make them money.. But they came here with no football knowledge, no idea on what this game is.. They came with the naivity that FFP would level the playing field but ultimately all it does is allow the clubs already up there to pull the ladder up after them and pull away.. Look at Utd and their 'lack of CL football' and how it affected their spending.. Look at the likes of City, Chelsea and PSG using 'clever' tricks to get around investment.. Now there may well have been the odd fine thrown at them but they are already there and it wont affect them staying there, but those fines or punishments dont make it easier to close tha gap either.
      So they came here with a lack of knowledge on the football side too, but people obviously had their ear to start with.. Purslow and Ayre must have had them over Rafa for example.. But not just Rafa but the idea of a coach/manager having too much control and power with the fans.. I remember them doing a call in show on LFCTV when they first came in and you could see their lack of knowledge there and when a few reds got through, probably using a different question prior and had them over that owl c**t that they saw what we thought of him [Purlsow's man].. The attendances went down because of him and they showed him the door.. They brought Kenny back but with a DOF but soon scrapped that..
      The spending under Comolli and Kenny scared them i think, moreso the Carroll and Downing signings.. But those were signed off stats that Comolli presented.. Yet to a man we all winced at the idea of spending 55m on those two.. I think we all probably knew how that would turn out.
      So again that scrapped and we start again with anew structure, but ultimately to try and enforce the Moneyball system on the club.

They brought in a young unproven coach who i will openly admit i didnt want, i felt we were too big for that, that a show of ambition goes everywhere down the line and that a young manager from a newly promoted club who didnt have any CV to speak of wasnt the ambition i felt we should be trying to show.. Now as soon as he got the job he gets my ultimate backing, as thats how i was brought up as a red, that the manager and the title should get my respect and backing, and that what i have done and still continue to do.. I have issues with him, but i have had issues with most Liverpool managers in my time, but ultimately he gets my backing.

Then under them for me Ian Ayre, a commercial man, and a very good one at that has too much influence over the football side.. He isnt a football man, he is a figures man and for me that affects the club.. You only have to look at the contract F**k ups in the last three years to see its no coincidence, you only have to look at the agents of Mikiteryian and Salah essentially refusing to even talk to us anymore because of essentially him and his low balling and dallying.. The same happened through the summer with Moreno but that one got over the line.. But maybe more to the fact that no one else was in for him and Sevilla didnt overly want to keep him rather than it being a 'win' for Ayre.

In their time we have lost many leaders and shining lights of the squad, we all know who they are so there is little point dragging them into it again but it for me still shows a hole in the strategy.. Now we can all argue that for example selling one 'star' for 50m at that point was the right time to sell him..And ultimatly it proved srewed but its how you replace whoever is leaving.. We can say that allowing some other high earners leave was the right thing to do but we havent replaced their experience and that costing us.. You only have to look at Sunday to see that we lack a leader, that we lack players who have been there and done it.. We were the bigger side there Sunday, but when you look at the 11s can you say that we had anymore big game expeience than Villa?

I love youngsters coming through, i really do, its great to see them develop in front of your eyes, when thereare 3/4/5 in a sqaud its great.. When they have other guys to hold their hands and show them the way though, to drag them through games where by nature as inexperienced players they will struggle for form here and there, they will need rest from time to time, they will need the big players to look up to.
      Its a known fact that Steven trough his formative years learnt so much from Gary Mac in that '01 season.
      Look at Raheem this season, he shouldnt be our main ma, he shouldnt be at this stage of his development the man we look to as our main match winner, but he is and thats too much to expect and rely on, and the policy of buying and developing has led us to him being that. Its too much for the lad.

Growing up you always had hero's within the squad, as you got older they turned into players i just wanted to watch, that i couldnt wait to watch at the ground or that did stuff that got me off my seat or just got me excited that they were in the team that day..
      There isnt really any in this current squad that i can think that my lad will worship or that get me that excited that i get from my seat.. Arguably the only one is Phil and he is still developing his game now is is still raw in patches and does go missing still from time to time.. And in the past, even the recent past if say Xabi had an off day like we see from Phil then Stevie in his pomp, or Torres or little Luis or Macha would step up..

We have a squad of babies or players that who are that little older who have never played at a club like this, who are at times wilting under the pressure of expectation.

Its sad that we have got like this.. The last 10 years after Istanbul and Cardiff have felt like a lifetime, and this current Liverpool on the pitch to that one and the ones previous is frankly not good enough.. We have a buying policy of a small minded team and that what we are turning into. Yes one or two of these may turn out to be world class.. But when they are under this current Liverpool other teams will witness them at that peak. And im sorry filling in around it and expecting the likes of Lovren and Allen to drag us through games is sad to watch.. As par of bigger better squads maybe an Allen but as a vital cog in the Famous Liverpool Football Club's midfield..

F**k.

What i dont get with the whole structure is that we have apparently been prudent with certain signings and 'wont be held to ransom' yet go and spunk 20 million on Lovren.. Whoever wanted Lovren, when the price is 20 million you walk away and look elsewhere..
      The policy shouldnt be this falible.. If a proper player who makes the difference costs 30million then go get him.. But why the F**k spend double on someone just to get him? Lovren was never worth 20m and because of that tag people want him to be perfect and wont allow slight mistakes and then the pressure becomes so much on the lad that his time here becomes almost impossible.. But at that price he never should have been signed.
      But the types we are getting over the line dont get your juices flowing do they.

This summer we are likely to lose more experience, we are losing the skipper, who yes isnt in his prime anymore but thats not the point, we are losing Steven Gerrard.. We are losing Johnson on a free.. Again not that im suggesting we keep him but the fact is that we will beleft with a 20yr old Manquillo who is so raw its frightening and an academy product who has essentially had one season under his belt, is still raw ad has just missed an entire season through injury.. Or we play a DM at RB who looks uncomfortable there.. What we are losing isnt the point its what we are left with.. Liverpool football club, filled with inexperienced players.. We wont replace Steven or Johnson with ready made quality and experience.. With leaders.

So most important summer? Maybe.. But i dont for one second think it will be one that is any different to the previous 5. It F***ing sad to be honest.. Liverpool football club that i have known all my life isnt the same.. Ill still support it, ill still go through the gates, so FSG wont care as they still get my money but it really is sad the state of a football club now.. We have tried to be too clever and we have fallen short.. This squad lacks real quality and real experience all the way from top to bottom now.. To think we were in 2 European cup finals in 3 years just under a decade ago.

We wont spend any more than 25-30 net and im affarid that isnt enough [whether we can or not] to get us what we need.. We can shift fringe players to bulk the spening to an outgoing of say 60 but net 25-30 and that wont bring in the experince we lack as we stand now let alone losing more and more of it during the summer.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,522 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #175: Apr 21, 2015 10:12:32 am
      I agree with all of that, but I live in hoep they will see the light and buy the 4/5 top players with experience we need to take us forward, otherwise we will be lucky to finish 5th next season.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #176: Apr 21, 2015 10:22:01 am
      I agree with all of that, but I live in hoep they will see the light and buy the 4/5 top players with experience we need to take us forward, otherwise we will be lucky to finish 5th next season.

Honestly mate it wont happen

Look at who we are being linked with.. That tells its own story

We will only spend net 25-30 and that sint enough to get in 4/5 real players of quality.. Let alone the wages they command

This summer will be as disapointing as the rest in recent time.. There will be no signings that get you excited.. The links to Ings/Milner etal show that
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,522 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #177: Apr 21, 2015 10:25:54 am
      Honestly mate it wont happen

Look at who we are being linked with.. That tells its own story

We will only spend net 25-30 and that sint enough to get in 4/5 real players of quality.. Let alone the wages they command

This summer will be as disapointing as the rest in recent time.. There will be no signings that get you excited.. The links to Ings/Milner etal show that

P1sh if true mate. But sad thing is you are probably correct. I never really believe the rumours about who we are buying, so many sad acts claiming they are in the kno.

We should have plenty money this summer as well, there will be some sales of players, and Champions league money etc, we have new sponsers, but suppose they are paying contractor to do new stand.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #178: Apr 21, 2015 10:29:29 am
      P1sh if true mate. But sad thing is you are probably correct. I never really believe the rumours about who we are buying, so many sad acts claiming they are in the kno.

We should have plenty money this summer as well, there will be some sales of players, and Champions league money etc, we have new sponsers, but suppose they are paying contractor to do new stand.

I'm not talking the exact names of the players but the level of them..

There are no links to real top players that we need and that tells it's own story

Under these, even last season we only sorbs around 25-30 net.. I don't expect anymore this time round
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,522 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #179: Apr 21, 2015 10:40:38 am
      We have been balancing books with nett spends for years now, yet we still go on about how we have spent £200m in 3 years, we really have not, we have just swapped some great players for some good players and some good players some promising players.

If they don't click this summer and spend big, we will just keep going in thsi cycle, unless some miracle happens and the young kids turn into world beaters. tbf some have the potential, but they need help.

bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #180: Apr 21, 2015 11:23:04 am
      You forgot Delph mate.  >:D

It might just be that I'm on a downer mate but I find myself agreeing with you. I hope we are wrong. I hope the realisation, that repeating the same mistakes only leads to the same results; that a 'football first' philosophy holds sway in the FSG boardroom and we are all pleasantly surprised.

After all: there are massive amounts of TV money [last season's BT money/this season's Sky money] in the coffers; increased sponsorship/revenue streams and £250+k per week freed up from wages. I guess it's all down to who [what type] we use it on. Who knows?

One thing we do know: there'll be the usual high turnover in staff - this lot are very good at that; if nothing else. Although a high turnover in staff is usually an indicator of poor performance in any field.

Fingers crossed.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #181: Apr 21, 2015 11:36:48 am
      You forgot Delph mate.  >:D

It might just be that I'm on a downer mate but I find myself agreeing with you. I hope we are wrong. I hope the realisation, that repeating the same mistakes only leads to the same results; that a 'football first' philosophy holds sway in the FSG boardroom and we are all pleasantly surprised.

After all: there are massive amounts of TV money [last season's BT money/this season's Sky money] in the coffers; increased sponsorship/revenue streams and £250+k per week freed up from wages. I guess it's all down to who [what type] we use it on. Who knows?

One thing we do know: there'll be the usual high turnover in staff - this lot are very good at that; if nothing else. Although a high turnover in staff is usually an indicator of poor performance in any field.

Fingers crossed.

Mate I hate looking at it like this but I'm simply going off of what has been done every summer under these..

Quite a high turnover of players

Players that most would admit aren't at the standard we should be bringing in

A failure to see that the 'bigger names' we are linked with is nothing but lip service with the continuing failure to get any over the line.

What are this big players expected to be sold on more this summer than last? It certainly won't be that over the top wages that is probably a deciding factor on them coming here.

Who's selling the club to them? Who's telling them that this is the place to play your football? Is it like Arsenal where Alexis Sanchez admitted that the personal visits by Wenger who sold him the club... We seemingly have Ian Ayre doing that.. Rodgers has said it's not him selling the club to signings

Look at what we are linked with.. Yet I'm expected to look past that and believe that we will sign 3 worldys instead?

As I said earlier our club lacks experience in football roles from top to bottom.. From fsg to the players

F**k I bet the new tea lady hasn't ever even seen a tea bag before she started.. But give her 5 years and Barca will have the best tea lady in the world
      RazorRedz
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts | 23 
      Reply #182: Apr 21, 2015 11:38:56 am
      Anyone got the number of an Arab sheikh with deep pockets cos that's the only hope of us ever and I mean EVER getting back up top, it's sad but the financial reality of today's football world is you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Fact is FSG will not meet the expectations of us Liverpool fans who were here long before they ever were, I'm advocating revolution there has to be a way to get this across to our American cousins in the board rooms of Boston it's time to change course and quickly before we slip further down pecking order I mean we have become a joke to even A team like Arsenal.

We need to send out the bat signal there has to be someone out there who would actually invest in our club and want real success and not stagnation and decline, calling all sheikh's please save us your our only hope Against the axis of evil (scum,citeh,chelski).

:f_tongueincheek:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #183: Apr 21, 2015 05:40:51 pm
      Liverpool football club that i have known all my life isnt the same.. Ill still support it, ill still go through the gates, so FSG wont care as they still get my money but it really is sad the state of a football club now..

Just quoting this from a good post I've just seen now Jon, hits home that part, really does.

Quick Reply