Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match?

Simon Mignolet
      3 (3.9%)
      Dejan Lovren
      2 (2.6%)
      Emre Can
      2 (2.6%)
      Glen Johnson
      3 (3.9%)
      Joe Allen
      1 (1.3%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (7.8%)
      Lucas Leiva
      21 (27.3%)
      Jordon Ibe
      1 (1.3%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Philippe Coutinho
      30 (39%)
      Raheem Sterling
      6 (7.8%)
      Fabio Borini
      2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: Apr 18, 2015 10:02:00 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match debate

Read 28085 times
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle United: In game and Post Match debate
      Reply #322: Apr 14, 2015 07:29:42 am
      Lucas was my MOTM, when he plays we play much better; the ball moves faster and were are more serene when we have the ball.

Johnson was awful and I'm still not convinced by Moreno, he is a good LB but he is average at everything. He rarely delivers a good cross and when he defends he rarely, if not never, makes a decisive tackle. I'm a bit disappointed.

Lovren was poor but it's a confidence issue, we all saw how good he could be.

Allen is the weakness of the team actually, he is not a midfielder who deserves to play at the heart of the midfield of LFC. His passing is good but ineffective, he cannot create and is average(neither good nor bad) at defending. He scored yes, but he is not the kind of player which can help control a game from midfield.

Happy  for Mignolet, most clean sheets of the BPL? :scarf:
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #323: Apr 14, 2015 07:57:34 am
      Glory glory Phil Coutinho :D That was a good game,i enjoyed it and loved id.Sterling scored a good goal but i was upset with all those misses he had.Coutinho was wonderful and i also think Hendo had a pretty good game.We should thank the ref for not giving the penalty to Newcastle at the end of the first half when that stupid pole Lovren chopped the leg of from a Newcastle player in the middle of the box.What a stupid scum,he also had a couple of more mistakes that were unpunished luckily for us.
      KING ROBBIE 9
      • Forum David Johnson

• 243 posts |
      Reply #324: Apr 14, 2015 08:36:44 am
      that stupid pole Lovren chopped the leg of from a Newcastle player in the middle of the box.What a stupid scum

Wow!! really???

brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #325: Apr 14, 2015 08:49:48 am
      Glory glory Phil Coutinho :D That was a good game,i enjoyed it and loved id.Sterling scored a good goal but i was upset with all those misses he had.Coutinho was wonderful and i also think Hendo had a pretty good game.We should thank the ref for not giving the penalty to Newcastle at the end of the first half when that stupid pole Lovren chopped the leg of from a Newcastle player in the middle of the box.What a stupid scum,he also had a couple of more mistakes that were unpunished luckily for us.
      Wtf he isn't a pole he is Croatian

And to call one our players SCUM wow arnt you the modern day supporter.

Bellend springs to mind.wow
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #326: Apr 14, 2015 08:54:32 am
      Funny how we all see different things while watching the game.

Both Johnson and Lovren seem to be getting a bit of stick when I thought they did ok. Fair enough he was lucky with the penalty and misplaced a header but otherwise he did well. Johnson also misplaced a few passes but wasn't really tested and provides a good outlet down the right. I wasn't impressed with Allen despite his goal and feel he is just too lightweight.

I would bring Skrtlel and Gerrard straight back into the team for the semi final.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #327: Apr 14, 2015 09:21:52 am
      Could have been a different story, but happy we won in the end.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #328: Apr 14, 2015 09:23:21 am
      Great result however this was a very poor Newcastle side. As already mentioned we needed to put this game away in the first 30 mins already and it woulda been a much more comfortable match.
      Not gonna single out good or poor performers, however what this game showed at times was the lack of experience in midfield. As much as Gerrard is past his best, his experience and guidance is required to control the tempo of the game. We didnt need to play at full throttle for the full 90 mins, however during stages a calmer head in midfield would have slowed the tempo and made Newcastle work harder at getting the ball and putting us under any pressure.

I may not be popular for saying this, but i believe in the transfer window this is the main area in which we need some experience coz Hendo is not up to that level yet. A proven holding midfielder or deep lying playmaker is a necessity if we wanna be successful next season....(and a striker off course).
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #329: Apr 14, 2015 09:24:58 am
      Who the F**k voted Lovren and Johnson man of the match?  :lmao:
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #330: Apr 14, 2015 09:31:10 am

Can only assume that English isn't his first language, or his second or third.
      Bellend does come to mind tho'.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #331: Apr 14, 2015 09:41:26 am
      Who the f**k voted Lovren and Johnson man of the match?  :lmao:

I voted Lovren Baz.

I didn't think anyone stood out really and I mentioned previously that although he was lucky with the penalty shout and 1 badly directed header I thought he did well.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #332: Apr 14, 2015 10:01:59 am
      I voted Lovren Baz.

I didn't think anyone stood out really and I mentioned previously that although he was lucky with the penalty shout and 1 badly directed header I thought he did well.

And that makes him MOTM in your book  :roll: I suppose it was still an improvement from his early season form but even still......MOTM   :lmao:
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #333: Apr 14, 2015 10:05:41 am
      This CB pairing (Can-Lovren), like I said earlier, is bold but dodgy. Studge remains a doubt for Wembley but atleast Skrtel will be back and we need a lot more resolute defending against Benteke. Unsure if we'll go back to 3-4-3
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #334: Apr 14, 2015 10:26:15 am
      I voted Lovren Baz.

Seriously SM? Not that I thought Lovren was utter gash he had an ok performance bar a moment of insanity in the box that should have given Newcaslte a penno, and a few wayward passes. But seriously you didn't think Cou, Lucas or Hendo stood out more?
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #335: Apr 14, 2015 10:35:34 am
      One or two nervy moments but overall an impressive display.

Thought Mignolet played very well again. Made a couple of good stops and commanded his box much better. Was refreshing to see him come for corners once or twice instead of being glued to his line as usual.

Johnson was awful, worst player on the pitch. He has no pace now and a few years ago his pace could get him out of trouble if he made mistakes but now he is a liability. He can't even trap a ball half the time.

Can was good and I love them forward runs he does. I love centre halves who can bring the ball out of defence. He reminds me of Agger but much stronger. Definitely think he is better and more suited as a CB than a midfielder.

Lovren was steady too. Had a good game for once.

Moreno got forward a lot but no end product as usual. Still a question mark over his defending too. I think he looks better than what he actually is because of his energy and pace but lacks real quality in my opinion.

Allen didn't really do much for me but a rocket of a goal from where I was sat. Haven't seen the replay yet.

Henderson played well. Lucas was boss.

Ibe found it difficult and lost possession a few times. Possibly trying too hard to make an impact on his return. Sterling took his goal well and was a threat most of the night.

Coutinho MOTM.

We passed it around well at times last night and should have put the game to bed really. We need more goal scorers in the team.

SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #336: Apr 14, 2015 10:36:59 am
      Seriously SM? Not that I thought Lovren was utter gash he had an ok performance bar a moment of insanity in the box that should have given Newcaslte a penno, and a few wayward passes. But seriously you didn't think Cou, Lucas or Hendo stood out more?

To be honest Baz its easy to vote Coutinho I think hes an awesome little player who will only get better but I saw last night an out of form defender trying to play his way back into the kind of player he can be. I'm not going to criticize him for a few wayward passes as the whole team was guilty of that.

Man of the Match not in an outstanding way but in a showing some bollocks kind of way and trying to play his way into form.

If that makes sense..!!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #337: Apr 14, 2015 10:44:38 am
      I enjoyed last night but I always enjoy playing against Newcastle as we nearly always win  ;D

I voted Lucas MotM but it was very close with Cou.  Pity we didn't win by more but it's another 3 points, another clean sheet, with no sendings off and hopefully no injuries.
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #338: Apr 14, 2015 12:53:13 pm
      Such an odd game this was, as at times we were completely dominant, and then at the drop of a hat they were coming at us looking fairly dangerous. This back four looks so much more shaky than our back 3 we were implementing.
      Migs: was great. Quality saves.
      Johnson: Terrible. Provides no defensive protection whatsoever, and absolutely nothing going forward. The sooner he's gone, the better.
      Can: Looked good and loved seeing some of the runs forward. Still a little nervy for me 1v1 defending.
      Lovren: Was ok, which is an improvement for him. Can be reckless though, and I thought that was a definite pen in the 1st half.
      Moreno: Mediocre. Not sure what to think of him to be honest. No quality going forward, and not an imposing defender either.
      Lucas: Overall, he was very good. Some crinching tackles and his touch looks great. However, when he gets tired he dives in so hard/easy, and gets blown by way too easy.
      Allen: Solid, great goal. Still too weak when pressured though.
      Hendo: I thought he was really good. He is showing a very quality touch and showing some intelligence in his play. Will be a great captain.
      Sterling: Ran his a** off, and showed that pace. Great goal, which we need to see much more often. Still such an unfinished product though.
      Ibe: Rusty, with some glimpses of what he can do. I kind of like him at wingback more, as he gets more space to run.
      Couts: Head and shoulders above anyone else on the pitch.So skilled, so crafty. MOTM by a mile. He looks like a player deserving of a big contract.
      Borini: Liked his energy. If he played longer I believe he would have produced a chance at goal.

Overall, a good win. I think with Skrtel back next match, we need to go back to the back 3. Ibe and Moreno and wingbacks. Lucas and Hendo in the middle. Gerrard needs to earn his way back in, which could prove mighty tough.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #339: Apr 14, 2015 01:01:43 pm
      Crap game both sides didnt look that great we edged it but still a win is a win.

lets move on to Sunday!!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #340: Apr 14, 2015 01:15:45 pm

Glory, Glory - what type of manc loving crap is this?

It's Ole ole, ole ole, ole ole, ole ole Coutinho ho ho ho!!

Best player on the park was little Philly. Raheem looked after a good start to let the press crap and the stuff about his contract get o him, that can be the only explanation for his miss last night.

Don't think we were ever in any danger from the Geordie muppets, but it was good to get to that second goal and settle the nerves.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #341: Apr 14, 2015 01:17:10 pm

Ah mate don't. The lad is a total bell end.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #342: Apr 14, 2015 01:20:55 pm
      Ah mate don't. The lad is a total bell end.

Hahahahaha fair enough!!
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #343: Apr 14, 2015 02:15:34 pm

I know hes nationality,when i said pole i meant on the goalpost or something like that.
      I dont consider him a good player and i do not like him at all.Thats all.The rest of the team played great.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #344: Apr 14, 2015 02:17:06 pm

It's Ole ole, ole ole, ole ole, ole ole Coutinho ho ho ho!!

Best player on the park was little Philly. Raheem looked after a good start to let the press crap and the stuff about his contract get o him, that can be the only explanation for his miss last night.

Don't think we were ever in any danger from the Geordie muppets, but it was good to get to that second goal and settle the nerves.
      Ok,forget that glory glory crap,but what about Lovrens performance,u liked that?

Quick Reply