Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jürgen Klopp

Read 28654 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Jürgen Klopp
      Reply #138: May 26, 2015 06:48:16 pm
      Sorry mate, my mistake, i was fed up with some negative comments on Klopp and just replied in the rush of the moment, you're right.

woah, hold on there fella.
      You get fed up with "negative" comments about a manager who has F**k all to do with Liverpool, but slag off the current boss and throw vile abuse at him every chance you get?

Seriously, you couldn't make this sh*t up.
      Why not just form your own Klopp fanclub and automatically support whichever club he manages.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #139: May 26, 2015 07:30:12 pm
       :f_whistle:
      You get fed up with "negative" comments about a manager who has f**k all to do with Liverpool, but slag off the current boss and throw vile abuse at him every chance you get?

Why not just form your own Klopp fanclub and automatically support whichever club he manages.

like some people do with rafa  :f_whistle:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #140: May 26, 2015 07:38:18 pm

Silly comment.

Rafa was our manager and won us trophies.
      He deserves a bit of respect from Liverpool fans, regardless of whether they rate him as a manager or not.

What the F**k has Klopp ever done for Liverpool?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #141: May 26, 2015 07:40:13 pm
      Silly comment.

He deserves a bit of respect from Liverpool fans, regardless of whether they rate him as a manager or not.

What the f**k has Klopp ever done for Liverpool?

Gave us a pretty easy preseason win in a game that made us think Lovren would be boss? :laugh:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,050 posts | 6294 
      Reply #142: May 26, 2015 07:57:18 pm
      Silly comment.

What the f**k has Klopp ever done for Liverpool?

He touched the sign.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #143: May 26, 2015 08:05:51 pm
      Gave us a pretty easy preseason win in a game that made us think Lovren would be boss? :laugh:

Thank you Klopp then... I guess ;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #144: May 26, 2015 08:28:51 pm
      You get fed up with "negative" comments about a manager who has f**k all to do with Liverpool, but slag off the current boss and throw vile abuse at him every chance you get?

Almost as bad as him proclaiming before the Merseyside derby in February of the importance of Steven Gerrard in matches like that...then complaining about him playing in that match once full time was up.

Senseless ain't the word.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #145: May 26, 2015 08:29:30 pm

He shouts on the touchline!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #146: May 26, 2015 08:34:41 pm

He's an odd looking bloke who obviously doesn't really care about his apparence

bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #147: May 26, 2015 09:26:22 pm
      There's only one insane person in this thread, it ain't you and amazingly for once it ain't me either.
      Just one only ?

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #148: May 27, 2015 07:39:34 am
      Rafa Honigstein spoke yesterday that the talk in Germany is that there is no approach from Liverpool for Klopp at all.. That the thought is Rodgers isn't going anywhere.
      He mentioned he spoke to Klopps agent and this talk of him taking six months out of the game may well happen but is more that any job he may fancy isn't  available to him (Liverpool being one of two or three)

He tends to have his ear to the ground in Germany
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #149: May 27, 2015 08:46:53 am
      Rafa Honigstein spoke yesterday that the talk in Germany is that there is no approach from Liverpool for Klopp at all.. That the thought is Rodgers isn't going anywhere.
      He mentioned he spoke to Klopps agent and this talk of him taking six months out of the game may well happen but is more that any job he may fancy isn't  available to him (Liverpool being one of two or three)

He tends to have his ear to the ground in Germany
      Over the last 48 hours I've decided I want Rodgers to stay. This is partly due to the fact that I think he can turn it around by using this season as a great example of what not to do, but my decision is also partly to do with not being able to take all the uncertainty! It was driving me crazy!

I'm not burying my head in the sand though; I really do believe Rodgers can turn things around given the chance.

That's all well and good as far as things stand for me, but it doesn't mean FSG aren't capable of sacking him and installing Gary Monk as our next manager!
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #150: May 27, 2015 09:52:41 am
      Over the last 48 hours I've decided I want Rodgers to stay. This is partly due to the fact that I think he can turn it around by using this season as a great example of what not to do, but my decision is also partly to do with not being able to take all the uncertainty! It was driving me crazy!

I'm not burying my head in the sand though; I really do believe Rodgers can turn things around given the chance.

That's all well and good as far as things stand for me, but it doesn't mean FSG aren't capable of sacking him and installing Gary Monk as our next manager!

And what makes you think he can turn it around ?  :lmao: :lmao:

Where are the clues he's a good manager ? You sound like the lot at redcafe wishing that Rodgers remains in charge.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #151: May 27, 2015 10:11:19 am
      And what makes you think he can turn it around ?  :lmao: :lmao:
      Granted it's a big gamble, but I'm going by the football we played season before last and the few glimpses of good football we did play this season when we were unbeaten for a few months. I'm trying to play the patient grown up here and I'll admit it's killing me. I'd love Rafa or Klopp to come in but I'm trying to sit on my hands and give Rodgers one last chance.

But bugger me it's difficult

Where are the clues he's a good manager ? You sound like the lot at redcafe wishing that Rodgers remains in charge.
      I'll take your word for it
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #152: May 27, 2015 11:51:21 am
      He turned it around last season after a very poor first season and then he turned it back to a pile of sh*te.
      Jürgen klopp who knows what is going to happen next week all some of us can do is hope.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #153: May 28, 2015 10:10:28 pm
      So apparently Klopp has "told friends" he will cut his sabbatical short only to manage Liverpool.

Good enough for me!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #154: May 28, 2015 10:22:21 pm
      So apparently Klopp has "told friends" he will cut his sabbatical short only to manage Liverpool.

Good enough for me!

I'm not normally one to ask for source etc

But out of interest.. What friends has he told this?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #155: May 28, 2015 10:27:19 pm
      I'm not normally one to ask for source etc

But out of interest.. What friends has he told this?

Not sure it even qualifies as a source but...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Jürgen-klopp-admits-would-manage-5776798
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #156: May 28, 2015 10:33:00 pm
      Not sure it even qualifies as a source but...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Jürgen-klopp-admits-would-manage-5776798

;D

I'm not sure why the mirror even printed that. Literally not one quote from a friend
      Bier
      Reply #157: May 29, 2015 02:52:44 am
      I'm posting this here, from the Benteke thread. Don't want to clog up that thread with more offtopic stuff.

Klopp - Managed the second richest club in Germany which is undoubtedly a less competitive league than ours. Akin to him being the manager of Chelsea in this country. Yet despite that, finished a place lower in their league than we did in ours.
      I said that they are the equivalent to Chelsea in their league. Not our league. Equivalent insofar as being the second richest team in their league. You know, like Chelsea are the second richest team in our league.

With just 100 million euros revenue Dortmund were the 5th richest club in Germany when Klopp took over as manager, they had serious debts, finished 13th the season before that and barely avoided bankruptcy and relegation in the seasons before that. So really, Dortmund having been champions twice since and being the 2nd richest now should speak for Klopp, not against him. Would you criticise any manager that made us champions twice in a row and leaves us in a situation of being the 2nd richest club of England? I mean, how awful would that be right, very deserving of criticism.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #158: May 30, 2015 11:56:16 am
      Agree Debbs, I thought at the time the project would appeal to Rafa with similarities with us.

Rafa's heart is set on returning home, it's his spiritual place, Anfield is where he belongs and is within his element.

While FSG hold the reigns there are two chances of your man returning - a dogs chance and no chance.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #159: May 30, 2015 06:00:08 pm

While FSG hold the reigns there are two chances of your man returning - a dogs chance and no chance.

I think the silence is a good thing for Brendan but a bad thing for the club. I can't see any manager of high standing coming here under the present set up so if they do ditch Brendan they have to change transfer policy and Ayre or whats the point.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #160: May 30, 2015 08:52:54 pm
      Ouch beaten 3 1 in the cup final

Quick Reply