Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Memphis Depay (PSV --> Manchester United)

Read 34097 times
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Re: Memphis Depay (PSV)
      Reply #92: Apr 24, 2015 11:52:48 pm
      I'm not slagging off Hendo every team needs a water carrier, efficient, stable but nothing flashy.
      In open play, he is one of the most creative CMs in the league, with a fantastic passing range, as well as a decent eye for goal.

I feel the fact that Hendo is a physical machine is stopping people recognizing that he has really stepped it up this season in terms of the creative element of his game. Also perhaps because he isn't a dribbler, and people don't associate non-dribblers with creativity.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #93: Apr 24, 2015 11:54:49 pm
      Not many players in that league strike me as being able to make it in the Prem, but Depay isn't one of them. Seems to have a lot about him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #94: Apr 24, 2015 11:55:28 pm
      Less games, double the goals? Looks good to me.

In a settled period at one club as well though FL.

Lazar has moved from his first club to Benfica then on to us in the similar number of games.

Like I said Depay could well be the guy we've been waiting for but to me it isn't that clear experienced big game player the manager talked about.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #95: Apr 24, 2015 11:55:43 pm
      Less games, double the goals? Looks good to me.

Admittedly, the portugese league is harder to score in than the Dutch league. On the other hand, the Serbian league is (probably - I know F**k all about it!) easier to score in than the Dutch league. Added to that, is that in terms of positioning Depay is much further forward - he really plays a wide striker type role, rather than the playmaker role that Markovic played for Benfica.

Depay is likely (it is always impossible to say for certain) the bigger talent though.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #96: Apr 25, 2015 08:52:22 am
      Reports of the lad having secret talks with LFC on Thursday, PSV gave the club permission to speak to him while the mancs were not.
      Van the manager said he is not able to sign every player they are linked with suggesting there is nothing down for them with Depay.

;D :action-smiley-055:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/memphis-depay-holds-secret-liverpool-5578040
      « Last Edit: Apr 25, 2015 09:03:19 am by stuey »
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #97: Apr 25, 2015 09:55:35 am
      Reports of the lad having secret talks with LFC on Thursday, PSV gave the club permission to speak to him while the mancs were not.
      Van the manager said he is not able to sign every player they are linked with suggesting there is nothing down for them with Depay.

;D :action-smiley-055:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/memphis-depay-holds-secret-liverpool-5578040

If we know about the secret talks, are they still secret?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #98: Apr 25, 2015 10:09:45 am

shush !
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #99: Apr 25, 2015 10:26:08 am
      Like I said Depay could well be the guy we've been waiting for but to me it isn't that clear experienced big game player the manager talked about.
      I'm not as sure, as you seem to be, that Brendan was saying that one mutually excluded the other Si.  :-\
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #100: Apr 25, 2015 10:47:38 am

If you don't tell anyone else it's definitely your secret.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4925 
      Reply #101: Apr 25, 2015 10:53:48 am
      I'm not as sure, as you seem to be, that Brendan was saying that one mutually excluded the other Si.  :-\

I'm probably being thick here Mouse but you've lost me mate.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #102: Apr 25, 2015 11:03:40 am
      Mhkytarian 2.0. Druming the interest, pushing the price up, making Ayre and Henry look "competing with anyone for the best players". Already pre-agreed with LVG, making LFC stupid again in the end. Hope Im fataly wrong, looks a top prospect.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #103: Apr 25, 2015 11:16:13 am
      Mhkytarian 2.0. Druming the interest, pushing the price up, making Ayre and Henry look "competing with anyone for the best players". Already pre-agreed with LVG, making LFC stupid again in the end. Hope Im fataly wrong, looks a top prospect.

Yup. Costa, Micky and Willian type bollocks.

Believe the Milner one more as he is free.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #104: Apr 25, 2015 11:18:15 am
      I'm probably being thick here Mouse but you've lost me mate.
      Is it the "mutually exclude" part Si?

You seem to be suggesting that, when Brendan said he needs ready made players, he meant only "ready-made".
      Bier
      Reply #105: Apr 25, 2015 12:35:37 pm
      I'm already fed up with summer transfers and the window hasn't even started yet haha

Seriously though, I'm not gonna be bothered with anything anymore untill something is actually officially anounced.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #106: Apr 25, 2015 02:00:34 pm
      I'm already fed up with summer transfers and the window hasn't even started yet haha

Seriously though, I'm not gonna be bothered with anything anymore untill something is actually officially anounced.

Agree with this, wont believe a single bit of PR released until someone actually signs, our list of failures is extensive and is certain to get longer this summer.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #107: Apr 25, 2015 02:36:14 pm
      Memphis Depay holds secret Liverpool talks after Reds given permission to speak to PSV striker

Memphis Depay flew in by private jet for secret talks with Liverpool this week.

Not that secret if we all know about it.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #108: Apr 25, 2015 02:53:56 pm
      Why are we comparing Depay and Henderson? Completely different players in different positions.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #109: Apr 25, 2015 11:10:37 pm
      Mhkytarian 2.0. Druming the interest, pushing the price up, making Ayre and Henry look "competing with anyone for the best players". Already pre-agreed with LVG, making LFC stupid again in the end.

Sounds about right.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #110: Apr 26, 2015 12:20:35 am

deep.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #111: Apr 26, 2015 11:48:38 pm
      The player himself has denied United interest.
      http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-target-memphis-depay-9123602

Barrett has stated that only Liverpool and PSG have spoken to him so far.

Tony Barrett ✔@TonyBarretTimes
      My understanding on Memphis Depay is Liverpool & PSG are the only clubs to have held talks with him up to now. Obviously that could change.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #112: Apr 27, 2015 12:38:13 pm
      The latest appears to be that we have spoken to Memphis Depay but the club fear that if Manchester United are serious about buying Depay he could end up at Old Trafford instead.

It sounds to me like perhaps we have spoken to Depay and he has said that he will have to consider Manchester United if they do make a formal offer to PSV.  :f_wah:
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #113: Apr 27, 2015 01:05:06 pm
      to good of a player to not want to play in the CL unless he wants to be the main star of a team which he could be with us, if City or UTD come in and offer him same wages as us he will go there unless Kuyt and Bable can talk him into joining us. UTD have Blind and RVP on the other hand to make him welcome.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #114: Apr 27, 2015 01:30:36 pm
      to good of a player to not want to play in the CL unless he wants to be the main star of a team which he could be with us, if City or UTD come in and offer him same wages as us he will go there unless Kuyt and Bable can talk him into joining us. UTD have Blind and RVP on the other hand to make him welcome.

I guess it could come down to game time too. He'd be a guaranteed starter for us and there is no promise that Manchester United will get CL football next season either.

Quick Reply