Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      5 (8.8%)
      Can
      2 (3.5%)
      Skrtel
      1 (1.8%)
      Lovren
      32 (56.1%)
      Johnson
      1 (1.8%)
      Henderson
      1 (1.8%)
      Gerrard
      2 (3.5%)
      Ibe
      1 (1.8%)
      Coutinho
      7 (12.3%)
      Sterling
      2 (3.5%)
      Balotelli
      1 (1.8%)
      Lallana - 75'
      0 (0%)
      Borini - 75'
      2 (3.5%)

Total Members Voted: 57

West Brom 0-0 Liverpool: In game and post match debate

Read 21241 times
      ged
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts |
      Re: Live: West Brom V Liverpool
      Reply #207: Apr 25, 2015 04:55:38 pm
      Another huge bowl of steaming liquid turd served up to LFC fans by the players today! Cheers for that fellers! :(
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #208: Apr 25, 2015 04:56:01 pm
      That match was a steaming pile of dog sh*t. Boring, ineffective and the team basically playing as if they've already resigned to their fate of finishing outside the top 4. Sigh. This has been a miserable season.
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #209: Apr 25, 2015 04:56:13 pm
      back then this thread was so quite...  maybe some in here were waiting for Brendan to fail to show up...

Yes QPR put 4 to them last week.. did they park the bus like this against QPR?

They would set up differently against us.....

To be fair, I think too, we are poor up front today.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #210: Apr 25, 2015 04:56:28 pm
      I won't at all be suprised if that was Rodgers last game as Liverpool manager.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6692 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #211: Apr 25, 2015 04:57:46 pm
      If Brendan says we were outstanding, I'll knock his shiny white teeth out!
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #212: Apr 25, 2015 04:58:03 pm
      I won't at all be suprised if that was Rodgers last game as Liverpool manager.

They won't sack him before seasons end. If they sack him.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,605 posts | 139 
      Reply #213: Apr 25, 2015 04:58:25 pm
      good bye Top 4
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #214: Apr 25, 2015 04:58:48 pm
      Sort your F***ing team out Brendan and co! Again, making changes with like 15 minutes to go, what is the point? Whoever is responsible for buying our players, relieve them of that duty before the off-season arrives!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #215: Apr 25, 2015 04:59:34 pm
      They won't sack him before seasons end. If they sack him.
      Don't count on that, this would only be the case if we were competing for something. We aren't competing for anything now.. doesn't matter we finish... 5th 6th 7th... whocares  now we ain't finishing 4th.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #216: Apr 25, 2015 04:59:35 pm
      No comment.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #217: Apr 25, 2015 04:59:52 pm
      My ratings.

Mignolet: Two excellent saves, a clean sheet and therefore our MOM. 8/10.

Can: Defended well enough and tried his best to instill a little urgency going forward. 7/10.

Skrtel: Solid aside from one bodged up clearance which almost cost us a goal. 6/10.

The future captain: Played like what he is, only a goal at the end could have made his performance better. 8/10.

Johnson: Not as bad as many on here will claim, but pretty bad anyway. 5/10.

Gerrard: Given the freedom of the black country and had a decent game, albeit without anyone to hit going forward. 6/10.

Henderson: Ineffective and frustrating. His hair did look good though. 5/10.

Coutinho: The one player amongst our lot who looked like he might do something. If I was managing a really top team I'd be looking to nick this lad off us, in a top team he'd be awesome. 7/10.

Sterling: Utterly awful and it's obvious the contract wranglings have temporarily ruined him. 4/10

Ibe: Young kid tried his heart out and came nearest of anyone to scoring. 6/10.

Balotelli: Stunk the place out. 3/10.

Subs.

Borini: Did absolutely nothing except run around a bit. That said, he was a 500% improvement on the bloke he replaced so that tells a story in itself. 5/10.

Lallana: Another one with a very nice hair cut. Adam needs to decide if his future lies in shampoo endorsements of in professional football. 5/10.   
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #218: Apr 25, 2015 04:59:57 pm
      Tactics were all wrong vs a defensive West Brom imo. The supply to Balotelli was poor as well. Even if we had Higuain or a fit Sturridge, I doubt we would've scored.

Was Hendo playing as the #10 or second striker? ridiculous, he should be the one deeper rather than Coutinho. Our wide players played more as wingers, and wtf were our full backs to overlap or offer width? West Brom were there for the taking despite playing 10 men behind the ball.

The players are to blame too, just didn't seem to have any urgency as if they've given up on top 4, absolute joke.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #219: Apr 25, 2015 05:01:24 pm
      My ratings.

Mignolet: Two excellent saves, a clean sheet and therefore our MOM. 8/10.

Can: Defended well enough and tried his best to instill a little urgency going forward. 7/10.

Skrtel: Solid aside from one bodged up clearance which almost cost us a goal. 6/10.

The future captain: Played like what he is, only a goal at the end could have made his performance better. 8/10.

Johnson: Not as bad as many on here will claim, but pretty bad anyway. 5/10.

Gerrard: Given the freedom of the black country and had a decent game, albeit without anyone to hit going forward. 6/10.

Henderson: Ineffective and frustrating. His hair did look good though. 5/10.

Coutinho: The one player amongst our lot who looked like he might do something. If I was managing a really top team I'd be looking to nick this lad off us, in a top team he'd be awesome. 7/10.

Sterling: Utterly awful and it's obvious the contract wranglings have temporarily ruined him. 4/10

Ibe: Young kid tried his heart out and came nearest of anyone to scoring. 6/10.

Balotelli: Stunk the place out. 3/10.

Subs.

Borini: Did absolutely nothing except run around a bit. That said, he was a 500% improvement on the bloke he replaced so that tells a story in itself. 5/10.

Lallana: Another one with a very nice hair cut. Adam needs to decide if his future lies in shampoo endorsements of in professional football. 5/10.
      What about Rodgers rating?
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Re: West Bromwich Albion 0:0 Liverpool, In game and post match debate.
      Reply #220: Apr 25, 2015 05:02:12 pm
      Don't count on that, this would only be the case if we were competing for something. We aren't competing for anything now.. doesn't matter we finish... 5th 6th 7th... whocares  now we ain't finishing 4th.

Exactly, sacking Brendan now won't change the fact that we won't finish 4th. So why would they bother?
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #221: Apr 25, 2015 05:03:25 pm
      well we really are turning into end of viewing match of the day fodder, poor effort again
      now the talk of 4th should be finally put to bed so nowt to play for with 5 games left
      so what's the master plan ? play players in their proper positions, promote some kids for the remainder of the season
      well we've still got our unbeaten on a saturday 3 o'clock kick off run to play for !
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #222: Apr 25, 2015 05:03:49 pm
      Exactly, sacking Brendan now won't change the fact that we won't finish 4th. So why would they bother?
      More time to get ready for the next season.... so an incoming manager can get a feel for games here other than friendlies before next season? so he can get a feel for who he wants to keep before the window opens?
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,987 posts | 222 
      Reply #223: Apr 25, 2015 05:04:38 pm
      what this show me today is that Daniel Sturridge can not be our main striker next season we need to go out and get a goal scorer

man of the match never thought i would say this but it has to go to Lovren
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #224: Apr 25, 2015 05:04:47 pm
      Only managed to catch the last 20 mins what was that!

Never mind death by football more like sleep by football.

Well we can now look forward to next season as the players and manager obviously have given up!!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #225: Apr 25, 2015 05:05:36 pm
      what this show me today is that Daniel Sturridge can not be our main striker next season we need to go out and get a goal scorer

man of the match never thought i would say this but it has to go to Lovren
      He's hardly ever fit available though.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #226: Apr 25, 2015 05:05:38 pm
      Man of the match?.

Travelling Kop.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #227: Apr 25, 2015 05:05:41 pm
      It's just so... depressing to watch.

Defense was alright, the rest..... nothing to say, just meh, well... not even meh...  :-\

I just can't see how we are gonna score apart from a Coutinho screamer every now and then.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,277 posts | 762 
      Reply #228: Apr 25, 2015 05:06:13 pm
      Damn ! Forgot to enter a score line in the prediction league. I was going to put 1 1, cost me 3 points.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #229: Apr 25, 2015 05:06:21 pm
      More time to get ready for the next season.... so an incoming manager can get a feel for games here other than friendlies before next season? so he can get a feel for who he wants to keep before the window opens?

If they sacked him they'd only employ a caretaker until seasons end so no there wouldn't be any extra time for that.

Quick Reply