Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Hull City v Liverpool Tuesday 28th April K.O. 7.45PM

Read 8184 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Hull City v Liverpool Tuesday 28th April K.O. 7.45PM
      Apr 27, 2015 08:50:55 pm

This game has come that quick after the West Brom fixture that I think we've all almost forgot about it!

But another game is upon us and an opportunity to try and put the memory of the semi final and a disappointing draw on Saturday to bed.

We have a good record against Hull with 13 wins, 5 draws and only 1 defeat in competitive fixtures. That defeat coming at Hull in December 2013.

They are fighting for their lives though and every point is vital to them, possibly more so than us as 4th place is all but gone so a relatively easy fixture on paper has maybe slightly more significance than on other occasions. With Hull sitting only apoint above the relegation zone and 5 games left to play any home game will be one they hope to get something from and with our recent form they may well feel an upset is possible.

For Brendan and our side with only 4 points taken from a possible 12 we should see this as an opportunity to get 3 points and push as hard as we can to finish as high up the table as possible and with seven clean sheets in the last eight away games there is every chance we have enough to win this one.

TEAM NEWS

Hull City duo Mohamed Diame and Andy Robertson could return following respective knee and ankle problems.

However, David Meyler completes a ban, while Nikica Jelavic, Curtis Davies and Robert Snodgrass remain injured.

Liverpool will assess full-back Alberto Moreno, who missed the draw at West Brom because of a knock.

The Reds are unsure if injured striker Daniel Sturridge will play again this season, while Mamadou Sakho and Lucas Leiva are also ruled out of this game.

« Last Edit: Apr 27, 2015 11:40:38 pm by srslfc »
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Re: Hull City v Liverpool Tuesday 28th April K.O. 7.45PM
      Reply #1: Apr 27, 2015 09:00:27 pm
      Firstly, well done to everyone who's boycotting this game. Hopefully this will hurt Hull City the only place modern football seems to matter...the bank account!

Clubs are taking the piss and hopefully will start to realise that genuine football fans wont stand for it any longer!

Secondly, just win Redmen!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #2: Apr 27, 2015 09:10:44 pm
      Fat headed Steve 'face like a kicked in ball bag' Bruce. Does well against us that one.

God knows.

Firstly, well done to everyone who's boycotting this game. Hopefully this will hurt Hull City the only place modern football seems to matter...the bank account!

Clubs are taking the piss and hopefully will start to realise that genuine football fans wont stand for it any longer!

Handy that it's Hull getting boycotted.

sh*t hole.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #3: Apr 27, 2015 09:13:00 pm

Agree Kelvo.

Riduculous pricing for this game for Liverpool supporters.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #4: Apr 27, 2015 09:36:59 pm
      Is there any chance for top four?No mather what we should win this as we should the WBA match.Im really hopibg we will play better this time and show what we got here.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #5: Apr 27, 2015 09:50:55 pm
      Is there any chance for top four?No mather what we should win this as we should the WBA match.Im really hopibg we will play better this time and show what we got here.

Of course there is a chance. We win and we are 4 points off 4th with a few games left to play.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6: Apr 27, 2015 10:12:00 pm
      I fully expect to see Gerrard and Johnson starting the match and then everybody wondering what's gone wrong at the end of the match.

Hull are fighting for survival our bottlers cant wait for the season to end.

Sorry for the negativity but that Villa performance after the Manc loss is still doing my head in.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #7: Apr 27, 2015 10:55:22 pm
      I fully expect to see Gerrard and Johnson starting the match and then everybody wondering what's gone wrong at the end of the match.

To be fair, the available options are a bit sh*t, aren't they?

-Bench Gerrard, move Can into midfield and play whom at the back in Emre's place, Toure? Manquillo?
      -Bench Gerrard and start Allen?
      -Bench Johnson and start Enrique?
      -Bench Johnson and start Manquillo?
      -Bench Johnson, play 3 at the back, and have Lallana or Markovic at WB?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #8: Apr 27, 2015 11:17:12 pm

There is always chance until it is mathematically impossible.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #9: Apr 27, 2015 11:23:00 pm
      PLAY TWO STRIKERS.

Hope that helps if you're reading Brendan.

Is there any chance for top four?

I'd rate it slightly more likely than winning the lottery. Just.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #10: Apr 27, 2015 11:33:23 pm
      PLAY TWO STRIKERS.

Hope that helps if you're reading Brendan.

I'd rate it slightly more likely than winning the lottery. Just.

I don't know, you might win the lottery. There's no chance United will drop points in two games of their 4 games and we win out  :P

(The latter factor being the prime impossibility)
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #11: Apr 27, 2015 11:51:10 pm
      Absolutely loathe Steve Bruce, he'e love nothing more than to completely stuff any tiny hope that may remain.

For the love of god get 3 points so we don't have to endure his smug grin on our screens.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #12: Apr 27, 2015 11:52:03 pm
      Absolutely loathe Steve Bruce, he'e love nothing more than to completely stuff any tiny hope that may remain.

For the love of god get 3 points so we don't have to endure his smug grin on our screens.

I'm convinced his fat head gets bigger by the season.

Looks like its going to explode.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,629 posts | 6940 
      Reply #13: Apr 27, 2015 11:53:55 pm
      Be interesting to see how many of our fans boycott the game.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #14: Apr 28, 2015 12:05:09 am
      MsGerrard
      Reply #15: Apr 28, 2015 12:08:05 am

All of my friends who normally go are boycotting the game....I was offered tickets at the West Brom game on sat, I refused of course.

Worried about this match if I'm honest, although I did take some satisfaction from our second half performance on Saturday, we just need to be quicker to the ball and stop being sloppy with our passes.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #16: Apr 28, 2015 12:13:05 am

So true. He's a very cringeworthy individual. I remember him wanking himself off silly in front of the press when he caught a replay of Rooney's goal against West Ham last season, moaning 'Wow, Wazza, wow'. And as Si said I'm sure his head gets bigger every year. Not long before you'll be able to see it from the moon.

The guy's football is anaemic, pus filled bollocks as well. The sort of lowest common denominator football that has been the crux of England's footballing problems.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #17: Apr 28, 2015 01:28:56 am

Hull are fighting for survival our bottlers cant wait for the season to end.

Sorry for the negativity but that Villa performance after the Manc loss is still doing my head in.
      You mean the WBA peformance?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #18: Apr 28, 2015 01:50:01 am
      I'm convinced his fat head gets bigger by the season.

Looks like its going to explode.

So true. He's a very cringeworthy individual. I remember him wanking himself off silly in front of the press when he caught a replay of Rooney's goal against West Ham last season, moaning 'Wow, Wazza, wow'. And as Si said I'm sure his head gets bigger every year. Not long before you'll be able to see it from the moon.

The guy's football is anaemic, pus filled bollocks as well. The sort of lowest common denominator football that has been the crux of England's footballing problems.

Couldn't agree more lads.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #19: Apr 28, 2015 02:40:45 am
      Tickets for the match at the KC Stadium are £50, with a £2 reduction by Liverpool as part of the Premier League’s away fans initiative.

For the same game last season, tickets were £35, an increase of 31%, while ere charged just £Stoke fans w16 for their Hull trip in August.

Disgusting.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #20: Apr 28, 2015 07:51:34 am

Probably a lot of the normal away's will boycott.
      But then you will get others wanting to boost away credits and take them up.

We couldn't get everyone doing anything about H&G let alone something like this that could help them apply down the line
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #21: Apr 28, 2015 07:59:52 am
      Televised?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #22: Apr 28, 2015 08:04:21 am

Not on Sky or BT Sport.