Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Hull City v Liverpool Tuesday 28th April K.O. 7.45PM

Read 8157 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Hull City v Liverpool Tuesday 28th April K.O. 7.45PM
      Reply #23: Apr 28, 2015 08:07:28 am
      Yes think its Sky or BT.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #24: Apr 28, 2015 08:43:12 am
      PLAY TWO STRIKERS.

Hope that helps if you're reading Brendan.

I'd rate it slightly more likely than winning the lottery. Just.

Hallefrickinglulljia ...play 2 Strikers...what a great idea....will brendan listen...not a chance. Would love to see 2 up top for a change. Ring the Boss, Boss!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #25: Apr 28, 2015 08:52:38 am
      Hallefrickinglulljia ...play 2 Strikers...what a great idea....will brendan listen...not a chance. Would love to see 2 up top for a change. Ring the Boss, Boss!

It's confused me how against this idea he has become since last season. A formation that worked very well for us has been abandoned. It'd certainly make more sense than starting 0 strikers in a game and having 3 on the bench.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #26: Apr 28, 2015 08:54:00 am
      Balo & Borini together, we speaka da lingo eh, belisimo. ;D

3-5-2 ?

------------------ Mings -----------
      ----- Can - Squirtle - Lovren -----
      - Ibe - Gerrard - Hendo - Sterling -
      ------------- couthino --------------
      ------------ Borini - Balo -----------------
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #27: Apr 28, 2015 08:59:15 am
      It's confused me how against this idea he has become since last season. A formation that worked very well for us has been abandoned. It'd certainly make more sense than starting 0 strikers in a game and having 3 on the bench.

Yep I know mate. I don't remember the last time he started 2 Strikers up top in a Game.

Give it a shot for the rest of the Season BR. We might actually start scoring some goals.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #28: Apr 28, 2015 09:13:09 am
      Fairly optimistic about this one altough the options are very limited. We should be grand at the back with Couts doing magics as a false striker, flanked by Sterling and Ibe. 3:0 to the redmen.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Apr 28, 2015 09:19:49 am
      Just remember these Hull players are fighting for thier survival, every point counts for them to stay up, this won't be easy, esp. as we are not scoring goals at the mo.

But I do think if we can get an early goal we should go and win.

Hoping for a better game from Gerrard, he is now a couple of games into match fitness.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: Apr 28, 2015 09:29:17 am
      Sad stats :-(

•Liverpool have taken only four points from the last 12 available.
      •They have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last eight Premier League away games.
      •Their tally of 14 top-flight clean sheets is bettered only by Chelsea, who have recorded 15 this season.
      •Steven Gerrard has scored four goals in six Premier League matches against Hull City.
      •Mario Balotelli has failed to score in all but one of his 15 Premier League appearances for the Reds despite attempting 59 shots (including blocked efforts).
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #31: Apr 28, 2015 09:31:14 am
      Let's hammer these cu*ts! Can't stand that fat head w**ker! Skrtel to get a brace!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #32: Apr 28, 2015 09:33:43 am
      Sad stats :(
      •They have kept a clean sheet in seven of their last eight Premier League away games.
      •Their tally of 14 top-flight clean sheets is bettered only by Chelsea, who have recorded 15 this season.
      •Steven Gerrard has scored four goals in six Premier League matches against Hull City.

Jeez lad you have some right high expectations if you want much better on these three

:D

Stevie... Get 10 goals in 6

I'll only be happy if we keep clean sheets every single day

:)

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #33: Apr 28, 2015 09:34:28 am
      Hope the boycott is successful but as others have mentioned its an opportunity to purchase tickets and boost credits.

I really hope we smash these tonight. We need to batter somebody 5 or 6 nil and boost our confidence and get going again. Would love Hull to go down too, I cant stand Steve Bruce and that gigantic enormous head of his. There is just no need for the size of that head at all.

Don't play Gerrard because he's off the pace massively. Get Can in midfield next to Henderson and get ready to battle a team of dogs fighting for survival. Bring in Lallana to play alongside Coutinho to suppot Balo in attack. Ibe and Sterling on the flanks.

Back 3 of Skrtel, Lovren and Lambert.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #34: Apr 28, 2015 09:37:18 am
      Jeez lad you have some right high expectations if you want much better on these three

:D

Stevie... Get 10 goals in 6

I'll only be happy if we keep clean sheets every single day

:)

TBF. the stats are not bad apart from the 4 points from 12.

I really meant sad as in im a sad act sharing stats. ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #35: Apr 28, 2015 09:46:53 am
      TBF. the stats are not bad apart from the 4 points from 12.

I really meant sad as in im a sad act sharing stats. ;D

I'm only messing mate..

The one that counts is a shocker

I cant stand Steve Bruce and that gigantic enormous head of his. There is just no need for the size of that head at all.

It's weird isn't it.. I never remember it being the size of Pluto when he played

He's slowly expanding.. Maybe that Hull owner is going to eventually write Hull Tigers f**k you on his back and float him above the KC like a blimp

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #36: Apr 28, 2015 09:51:37 am
      I'm only messing mate..

The one that counts is a shocker

It's weird isn't it.. I never remember it being the size of Pluto when he played

He's slowly expanding.. Maybe that Hull owner is going to eventually write Hull Tigers f**k you on his back and float him above the KC like a blimp

HAHA. No worries man.

I do have dislike for Bruce as well. Would be really nice to do them and put a dent in thier survival hopes, esp. after them charging our fans more for tickets.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #37: Apr 28, 2015 10:17:04 am
      So true. He's a very cringeworthy individual. I remember him wanking himself off silly in front of the press when he caught a replay of Rooney's goal against West Ham last season, moaning 'Wow, Wazza, wow'. And as Si said I'm sure his head gets bigger every year. Not long before you'll be able to see it from the moon.

The guy's football is anaemic, pus filled bollocks as well. The sort of lowest common denominator football that has been the crux of England's footballing problems.

That just about sums up my feelings about the guy. Complete and utter dogturd you can't scrape from the bottom off your shoes. I remember when Fergie was playing his mind games against Rafa, a bunch of tossers led by this utter pr1ck were quick to throw their support behind the massive c**t not because they believed it but just so they can get in line to suck Fergie's shrivelled piece. I think Martinez was the only manager who got behind Rafa and said he was a gentleman who always respected opponents.

I want to win all the time, but to get one over this pr1ck and to condemn Hull, the shithouse to a relegation would be sweet.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #38: Apr 28, 2015 10:37:38 am
      Fairly optimistic about this one altough the options are very limited. We should be grand at the back with Couts doing magics as a false striker, flanked by Sterling and Ibe. 3:0 to the redmen.

Well I totally disagree with you about playing no recognised striker and would rather we have a go.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #39: Apr 28, 2015 10:38:41 am
      Win tonight, burst fat heads ego, and send Hull City tumbling towards the championship. Where at least they will receive a parachute payment for being relegated if money  is all the club is worried about. Well done to fans boycotting the game over high pricing of tickets.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #40: Apr 28, 2015 11:04:11 am

I agree it's been bizarre.  If none of your current strikers are world class then surely it's got to give the opposing central defenders something more to think about if there are two of them.

You'd think the one up top strategy has had us rattling in goals.

And when I say two strikers I don't mean two wingers or midfielders thrown up front for shits and giggles.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #41: Apr 28, 2015 11:05:08 am
      Just read Diame may be playing.

That's our midfield bullied then.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #42: Apr 28, 2015 11:20:46 am
      Love the amount of sh*t Bruce is getting on here. Proper bellend.

Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #43: Apr 28, 2015 11:28:41 am
      Come on reds,score two-three goals so we can all go home happy :D :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #44: Apr 28, 2015 11:37:27 am
      Just win the F***ing game. No excuses not to. Finish the season with victories.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #45: Apr 28, 2015 11:39:55 am
      I've been thinking again about the line up and what we have available and a return to the back three might be a good move for us.

Mignolet

Can Skrtel Lovren

Ibe Henderson Allen Markovic

Coutinho

Sterling Borini

I don't see the sense in Brendan starting Balotelli again as he clearly doesn't rate him and won't even slightly play to his strengths. It'll be bizarre if he picks him again and expects a different result without changeing how we play.

« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2015 02:14:24 pm by srslfc »

Quick Reply