Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Academy review: Who is the next youngster to break into the first team?

Read 1869 times
      SLiiM21
      • On Trial
      • Started Topic

• 1 posts |
      Academy review: Who is the next youngster to break into the first team?
      May 05, 2015 09:34:56 pm
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Re: Academy review: Who is the next youngster to break into the first team?
      Reply #1: May 06, 2015 09:56:06 am
      Yesil
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,415 posts | 3409 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #2: May 06, 2015 04:59:42 pm
      There are a few but would say at the moment, Sinclair, ojo and Williams
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1771 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: May 06, 2015 05:13:56 pm
      Our u-21s are all very young, think most are 19 or younger, and they are top of league with a lot of the other teams fielding much older lads, thats brilliant for us.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #4: May 06, 2015 05:29:55 pm
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #5: May 06, 2015 06:21:28 pm
      Brannagan, Rossiter and Ojo.

We desperately need a backbone of academy talent if we are to succeed.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #6: May 06, 2015 06:29:52 pm
      Brannagan, Rossiter and Ojo.

We desperately need a backbone of academy talent if we are to succeed.

It depends look at a Raheem itching for a move back to London.

Young hungry talent who have a allegiance to LFC, so preferably scousers. As the saying goes "players who are willing to run through a brick wall for the manager and club".
      Those players don't necessarily have to be from the academy as long as they have the talent and right mentality.

Interestingly talking about mentality I know Rodgers likes to interview all potential signings before he gives the nod or so he claims. How many of our recent signings have a winners mentality?
      Maybe it's not something at the top of Rodgers list of requirements or they are all very good at convincing him on that aspect  ;)

Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #7: May 07, 2015 01:37:17 am
      It depends look at a Raheem itching for a move back to London.

Young hungry talent who have a allegiance to LFC, so preferably scousers. As the saying goes "players who are willing to run through a brick wall for the manager and club".
      Those players don't necessarily have to be from the academy as long as they have the talent and right mentality.

Interestingly talking about mentality I know Rodgers likes to interview all potential signings before he gives the nod or so he claims. How many of our recent signings have a winners mentality?
      Maybe it's not something at the top of Rodgers list of requirements or they are all very good at convincing him on that aspect  ;)

You see, this may be controversial, but the likes of Sterling aren't true academy products considering their talent had been nurtured at other clubs before us.

Whereas the likes of Rossitter and Brannagan have been nurtured by us from day one. I hope Rossitter makes it - it would be great to see a local scouse lad in there and by all accounts, Rodgers has high hopes for him.

As for Brannagan - he's been with us since he was a 7 year old lad, so he's formed deep ties with club I'd presume. But get this - he's a Salford lad who lived a stones throw away from Old Trafford with his big Man Utd supporting family.

I'm just imagining the irony when he scores the winner against Man Utd in a European Cup final ten years from now.....

Quick Reply