Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Chelsea vs Liverpool: EPL Sun 10 May 2015 KO 16:00: Pre Match Thread.

Read 7778 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Chelsea vs Liverpool: EPL Sun 10 May 2015 KO 16:00: Pre Match Thread.
      Reply #23: May 08, 2015 03:58:28 pm
      If Palace win the day before, there might just be enough wind in our sails to get something from this fixture, if not curtains.

Agreed.

Put this in the Gerrard player thread but think it deserves to be here as well. Mourinho made some comments on Gerrard today.

For someone like Mourinho to come out and say that Gerrard made him a better manager is one of the highest accolades Gerrard could receive.

Mourinho has an answer to every problem, except Gerrard it seems. His answer to that problem was to try and sign him on three separate occasions.

To see some of the sh*t that Gerrard's had to put up with on here this Season makes me sick. Far too often the blame has been laid at Gerrard's door when it should have been laid next to the sh*t he's had to play with.

If we thought life after Suarez was hard then it's going to be harder after Gerrard.

All the best Stevie, a true leader.

It's been an honour to watch you play.

What a chance this is on Sunday to claw some pride back and keep ourselves in the hunt.

Regardless of my hatred towards Chelsea i have nothing but respect for Mourinho and Chelsea for the way they have breezed through this League. They've played freely when allowed to and also had the discipline to adapt tactics and style when needed.

That win against United was a tactical master class and displayed what it takes to win League titles. Start at the back.

If we are to perform the guard of honour then so be it, it's not their fault we've been so sh*te this Season.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #24: May 08, 2015 04:28:55 pm
      Agreed.

Put this in the Gerrard player thread but think it deserves to be here as well. Mourinho made some comments on Gerrard today.

For someone like Mourinho to come out and say that Gerrard made him a better manager is one of the highest accolades Gerrard could receive.

Mourinho has an answer to every problem, except Gerrard it seems. His answer to that problem was to try and sign him on three separate occasions.

To see some of the sh*t that Gerrard's had to put up with on here this Season makes me sick. Far too often the blame has been laid at Gerrard's door when it should have been laid next to the sh*t he's had to play with.

If we thought life after Suarez was hard then it's going to be harder after Gerrard.

All the best Stevie, a true leader.

It's been an honour to watch you play.

What a chance this is on Sunday to claw some pride back and keep ourselves in the hunt.

Regardless of my hatred towards Chelsea i have nothing but respect for Mourinho and Chelsea for the way they have breezed through this League. They've played freely when allowed to and also had the discipline to adapt tactics and style when needed.

That win against United was a tactical master class and displayed what it takes to win League titles. Start at the back.

If we are to perform the guard of honour then so be it, it's not their fault we've been so sh*te this Season.

I agree mate, it grinds me that Chelsea have won playing excellent football at times and irritatingly effective, stifling, defensive football at other times, but who can argue with Mourinho when he's wopn the league with 3 games to spare. The man is a disgrace to football with his underhanded tactics, but a footballing genius on so many other levels.

But...having said all that, he's still a c**t, he hates us, the team is full of racists, rapists and low class scum and I f***ing hate the sight of them...so in that sense, it would give me nothing but ecstatic pleasure to beat the f***ers.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,524 posts | 1661 
      • YNWA
      Reply #25: May 08, 2015 04:30:13 pm
      Stevie will start! Big game for him. But he's a big game player. He'll be in for some abuse, so needs to keep the head - but would LOVE nothing better than to see SG wheeling away after knocking one past that nonce Terry and a flailing Courtois :)  Will be tuning into this one rooting for the captain.  GO ON STEVIE BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #26: May 08, 2015 05:26:41 pm
      I'm guessing it will be Sterling in the ST role. Possibly revert to a back 3 as well ??? If I had to guess:

Migs
      Can - Skrtel - Sakho
      Henderson - Lucas - Gerrard - Moreno
      Coutinho - Lallana
      Sterling

Can't see us winning this unless either Chelsea take their foot off the gas, or Gerrard turns back the clock and puts in a match winning performance.... Hope I'm wrong. I'll be in F***ing dream land if Palace win and then we pick up 3 points!!
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: May 08, 2015 07:49:59 pm
      We're going to sneak a win here! Those chav bas**rds won't park the bus this time, leaving them open to our pace up front (providing we play Ibe, Sterling, Markovic). Mourinho is that cocky he'll want to tank us to finish the season in style. Let's kiss on their parade!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #28: May 08, 2015 09:18:43 pm
      We're going to sneak a win here! Those chav bas**rds won't park the bus this time, leaving them open to our pace up front (providing we play Ibe, Sterling, Markovic). Mourinho is that cocky he'll want to tank us to finish the season in style. Let's kiss on their parade!

I'd rather we pissed on their parade mate!  :D

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #29: May 08, 2015 09:24:07 pm
      I'd rather we pissed on their parade mate!  :D

That might actually work better you know! :D
      anfieldroad
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 582 posts | 18 
      Reply #30: May 08, 2015 09:38:25 pm
      To me unless Man U lose against Palace this game is going to be as relevant as a pre season friendly game.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,121 posts | 126 
      Reply #31: May 08, 2015 10:07:28 pm
      Unless we go balls to the wall, all out for this, then BR has finally proved to me that he has not got the bottle, or tactical nous, to be LFC manager.
      I sat on the fence in a recent poll, but when we got knocked out of the FA cup against the mighty Villa, i've never heard( and never want to again ) a LFC manager say that 'the occassion got to us'.
      So C'mon BR, man up, 'cause at the mo, your looking like a yes man for for FSG... And Suarez DID make look like you're better than you are.
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2015 10:28:13 pm by redtiler »
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 2810 
      Reply #32: May 08, 2015 10:34:16 pm
      Guess you could argue we're 'due' a win against Chelsea but it's tough to see where the goals will come from.

Need something from Palace the day before otherwise I can see us drifting to a 1-0 defeat or something on those lines.

Tadders

• 6,741 posts | 569 
      Reply #33: May 09, 2015 12:19:15 pm
      If Utd do not win tonight we will definitely lose this.
      If Utd win tonight we will win tomorrow.

The team cannot handle pressure.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #34: May 09, 2015 09:17:38 pm
      The good thing about player Chelsea so late this season is that they have already won the Title so the may very well ploay some of their youngsters, also I heard that they have given the players four days off this week..... Now I do't know the score between Man Utd and Crystal Palace,(Was up the West End with my partner) Hopefully it was a Palace win, or a draw, If we bet them It will be one or two points between us  ;D
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #35: May 09, 2015 09:23:11 pm
      I wonder will knowing that anything bar a win will officially end our CL hopes, inspire us to a win? What more incentive do they need?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #36: May 09, 2015 09:40:29 pm
      I wonder will knowing that anything bar a win will officially end our CL hopes, inspire us to a win? What more incentive do they need?

Didn't help against Hull.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #37: May 09, 2015 09:56:35 pm

True mate. At least we'll know the score tomorrow, if we win, there's still a glimmer of hope, if we don't, well at least we have the transfer window to look forward to!  :-\
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,257 posts | 6365 
      Reply #38: May 10, 2015 03:46:09 am
      True mate. At least we'll know the score tomorrow, if we win, there's still a glimmer of hope, if we don't, well at least we have the transfer window to look forward to!  :-\

I'm not really looking forward to the transfer window :(
      dnNeelis
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #39: May 10, 2015 09:01:57 am
      As much as I dislike him, Chelsea have a decent  business model these days. Buying real young talent and when they do spend the cash it is on players that they think can definitely improve their starting 11.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #40: May 10, 2015 09:31:14 am
      Turn up with the mentality we had against West Brom and Hull then the lads may as well not turn up at all. We can at least end the season with a shroud of dignity.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #41: May 10, 2015 10:07:14 am
      Three at the back but without Johnson, no Gerrard starting and Raheem up front we might get something from this game but I have a feeling Rodgers will have other plans.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,169 posts | 4904 
      Reply #42: May 10, 2015 10:15:49 am
      Three at the back but without Johnson, no Gerrard starting and Raheem up front we might get something from this game but I have a feeling Rodgers will have other plans.

Yep.

Gerrard, Johnson will start.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #43: May 10, 2015 11:11:22 am
      Have a suspicion that Chelsea might not play as cagey and may well play an open game to celebrate so to speak. With them giving certain players rest it could work against them or it could indeed see us get stuffed, let's hope it's the former.

Either way I don't see us being able to beat them unless they're complacent.

Nothing but 3 points will do to keep those 4th place chances alive, I'm sure Brendan has a plan up his sleeve for this one... that plan being more of the same until it fails as it always is of course.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,394 posts | 3398 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #44: May 10, 2015 11:33:35 am
      Anyone who believes this crap about Chelsea taking easy after a few days off is fooling themselves. Need to be positive and aggressive. The guard of honour is something that should be  got rid of straight away but no one has the balls to duck out.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,169 posts | 4904 
      Reply #45: May 10, 2015 01:35:29 pm
      Anyone who believes this crap about Chelsea taking easy after a few days off is fooling themselves.

Agree.

Quick Reply