Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

He won a league title!?

Read 2119 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,481 posts | 1487 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      He won a league title!?
      May 08, 2015 02:16:14 pm
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: He won a league title!?
      Reply #1: May 08, 2015 03:25:23 pm
      Just goes on to show that those that judge players' individual quality based on their trophy lists in a collective sport are clueless idiots.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #2: May 09, 2015 10:22:36 am
      Just goes on to show that those that judge players' individual quality based on their trophy lists in a collective sport are clueless idiots.
      Best national team I ever saw had Zico, Falcao, Cerezo and Socrates in Midfield  and they didn't win the World Cup but they were by far and away the best.
      finchie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,576 posts | 154 
      Reply #3: May 09, 2015 11:29:07 am
      Best national team I ever saw had Zico, Falcao, Cerezo and Socrates in Midfield  and they didn't win the World Cup but they were by far and away the best.

If they were far and away the best, they would have won comfortably. The team wasn't good enough defensively to be considered "the best". They were a pleasure to watch though.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #4: May 10, 2015 06:45:32 am

The best i think it is the 1970's team, but surely the team with Zico was very entertaining to watch also.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #5: May 13, 2015 05:39:03 am
      If they were far and away the best, they would have won comfortably. The team wasn't good enough defensively to be considered "the best". They were a pleasure to watch though.

Best I saw I meant. They lost ot Italy but that happens in one off games. The goals by Socrates and Cerezo were fantastic given teh quality Italy had. I think with that team they did not have to try which made them switch off a bit. If they were playing to their potential, that midfield with Leandro and Junior supporting would tear any team apart.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #6: May 13, 2015 05:40:01 am
      The best i think it is the 1970's team, but surely the team with Zico was very entertaining to watch also.

I didn't really see that team. Only on video. I saw the 1982 team as a young kid.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #7: May 13, 2015 05:45:20 am

Anyway I thought the purpose of this site was to completely distort facts.

Quick Reply