Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Another clear out....

Read 4626 times
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Another clear out....
      May 09, 2015 08:35:22 pm
      Surely its most probable that this lot wont be here next season.

Striker(les)s
      Ballotelli - 1 league goal. Surely he has to go.
      Aspas - Surely he has to be sold.
      Borini - Surely he has to be sold.
      Lambert - Surely he will retire.
      Assuming the average wage of the above is 50k a week, thats ~900k a month saved.
      Assuming 3 are sold we have to be able to recoup 15m.

Playmakers
      Gerrard - Legend ends.
      Lucas - With the list I have just gone through surely he wont be sold. Injury Prone.
      Alberto - Does anyone know where he even is? Has he done well? Sold? Cant see him coming back.
      Frees up 1m a month if Lucas is sold too.
      Max 10m to be made if lucas is sold. Not worth it for me. Defo not with the summer im predicting. Need as many old heads as possible.

Defenders
      Toure - Sure he is retiring
      Johnson - Thanks F**k his contract is done. Worrying with the length of this list and the game time he gets, that he may get 1 more year.
      Enrique - His polaroid days are done.
      Manquillo - Unlikely to be reloaned or bought considering he is struggling to make the bench.
      Llior - How is he doing. Assuming he will be brought back. Perhaps loaned again.
      Coates - Sold, out of contract or loaned - either way hes done.
      Wisdom - Like Liori or loaned again.
      This lot must lift atleast 250k a week from the wage bill. 1mill a month. Recoup 10er for the lot if sold.

Thats a lot of bodies that should be replaced, IMO They offer nothing, bar Lucas.

Surely speculating this and last season alone would have meant we could have shelled out 200k a week for sanchez... anywho...

We need to get rid of this lot and spend 150m replacing them. Will this mean another few months into the league before they bed in....
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Another clear out....
      Reply #1: May 09, 2015 08:44:22 pm
      Surely its most probable that this lot wont be here next season.

Striker(les)s
      Ballotelli - 1 league goal. Surely he has to go.
      Aspas - Surely he has to be sold.
      Borini - Surely he has to be sold.
      Lambert - Surely he will retire.
      Assuming the average wage of the above is 50k a week, thats ~900k a month saved.
      Assuming 3 are sold we have to be able to recoup 15m.

Playmakers
      Gerrard - Legend ends.
      Lucas - With the list I have just gone through surely he wont be sold. Injury Prone.
      Alberto - Does anyone know where he even is? Has he done well? Sold? Cant see him coming back.
      Frees up 1m a month if Lucas is sold too.
      Max 10m to be made if lucas is sold. Not worth it for me. Defo not with the summer im predicting. Need as many old heads as possible.

Defenders
      Toure - Sure he is retiring
      Johnson - Thanks f**k his contract is done. Worrying with the length of this list and the game time he gets, that he may get 1 more year.
      Enrique - His polaroid days are done.
      Manquillo - Unlikely to be reloaned or bought considering he is struggling to make the bench.
      Llior - How is he doing. Assuming he will be brought back. Perhaps loaned again.
      Coates - Sold, out of contract or loaned - either way hes done.
      Wisdom - Like Liori or loaned again.
      This lot must lift atleast 250k a week from the wage bill. 1mill a month. Recoup 10er for the lot if sold.

Thats a lot of bodies that should be replaced, IMO They offer nothing, bar Lucas.

Surely speculating this and last season alone would have meant we could have shelled out 200k a week for sanchez... anywho...

We need to get rid of this lot and spend 150m replacing them. Will this mean another few months into the league before they bed in....

agree with most things, Lucas should stay, reckon manquiillo will as well. Always easier to get rid of players in theory, illori has been okay at Bordeaux, Alberto had a decent start at Malaga but has disappeared, as for lambert retiring i hope he doesn't know where you live. He is still only in his early thirties.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #2: May 09, 2015 08:44:32 pm
      This is the annoying thing, I can't make my mind up on whether we are 'careful' with money or not. We won't pay top dollar for one let alone the three or so world class players BR often talks about BUT we seem happy enough to be paying out each week  for squad deadwood, people who just get loaned again and players who just aren't good enough.
      LFC Karl
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 4,930 posts | 158 
      • YNWA
      Reply #3: May 09, 2015 08:46:46 pm
      as for lambert retiring i hope he doesn't know where you live. He is still only in his early thirties.

With the legs of a 90year old... Tis a young mans sport..

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #4: May 09, 2015 10:39:35 pm

No.

Simply because the vast majority of the players on your list have contributed next to nothing to our football this season.

We don't to spend a penny 'replacing' most of them as wecan use some young players instead and still have the money to spend on  proper quality first team players.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #5: May 10, 2015 11:21:48 am
      where are those smart cookies that dissect our squad in terms of international/homegrown split and manage to get it down to an almost definitive list of those who are leaving? i might have to suss it out myself. :D
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #6: May 10, 2015 11:35:35 am
      where are those smart cookies that dissect our squad in terms of international/homegrown split and manage to get it down to an almost definitive list of those who are leaving? i might have to suss it out myself. :D

That was sussed out way back mate, it was called 'the Liverpool way' - sadly missed.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #7: May 10, 2015 12:39:11 pm
      Not to stray off topic but I sure hope we also replace the people getting the replacements.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #8: May 10, 2015 12:54:51 pm
      The players were brought in by BR. He needs to be the first shown the door.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #9: May 10, 2015 01:08:55 pm
      The players were brought in by BR. He needs to be the first shown the door.
      Can't replace BR. Any replacement will be more costly for the owners.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #10: May 11, 2015 06:42:55 am
      Can't replace BR. Any replacement will be more costly for the owners.

So that's the only reason, no ambition whatsoever of winning a trophy ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: May 11, 2015 07:49:48 am
      Yip gonna be a busy summer, I fancy a few of those will be replaced by u-21 players to fill squad up, and then 5-6 new faces witha few of them being top quality.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #12: May 11, 2015 08:46:03 am
      Balotelli
      Borini
      Lambert
      Aspas
      Alberto
      Coates

That should easily get us 25 mn and I would be very happy to it all invested on a single player. Plus with some high earning players off the wage list we can look at bringing in a couple of high profile free agents like Alves or Khedira.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #13: May 11, 2015 08:54:04 am
      Feel sorry for Lambo the most, the guy got his dream move, but just not worked, do think BR could have played him more, Balo has defo had more chances than Lambo.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #14: May 11, 2015 10:08:34 am
      Feel sorry for Lambo the most, the guy got his dream move, but just not worked, do think BR could have played him more, Balo has defo had more chances than Lambo.

BR totally screwed up Lambert. He kept on playing Balotelli, neven giving enough run of games to Lambert. He can't be really cr@p if he scored 15 goals.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #15: May 11, 2015 11:11:15 am
      Its all well and good saying yeah we'll just sell all of our sh*t players and get 50m for them, but who the F**k is going to buy them? Who will pay us decent money to take them off our hands? Who will pay their wages? I can see a few of them being loaned out because we can't find any buyers!

This is how I see it going anyway.

GK:
      Mignolet. Has proven he isn't reliable and consistent enough to play for LFC but despite this, I think he will be our no.1 next season. Even though it should be, I don't think we will make GK a priority in the summer because it will be another A) Ball ache to find a good keeper and B) 15-20m spent. Therefore Migs will stay as our keeper.
      Jones - Same as above. Won't make GK a priority so Jones will remain as our no.2.

Defence:
      Johnson - Released.
      Toure - Released.
      Enrique - Loaned out.
      Coates - Loaned out.
      Ilori - Loaned out.
      Manquillo - Returned.
      Skrtel - Stays.
      Lovren - Stays.
      Sakho - Stays.
      Wisdom - Stays.
      Flanagan - Stays.
      Moreno - Stays.

Conclusion - No buyers for Enrique or Coates. Manquillo is dog sh*t and we won't pursue him any further. Young Wisdom will return along with Flanagan who can both offer cover on the flanks. We need to go out and buy a first choice RB and because of Lovrens dire form & Sakhos injury problems we need yet another CB too.

Midfield:
      Gerrard - Released.
      Aspas - Sold.
      Lucas - Sold. I hope we keep hold of Lucas but there are always rumours floating around that he's off. No smoke without fire?
      Sterling - Sold. Greed will get the better of him in my opinion. Would have signed by now if he was staying.
      Can - Stays.
      Ibe - Stays.
      Markovic - Stays.
      Coutinho - Stays.
      Henderson - Stays.
      Lallana - Stays.
      Allen - Stays.

Conclusion? Sterling will go for around 30m I think. Lucas and Aspas will be an extra 8 or 9m on top of that. That gives us 40m to play around with our midfield. We need a top class defensive midfielder if Lucas does go and a tricky pacey winger. Easier said than done. We badly lack a presence in midfield too but I'm relying on young Emre Can to fulfil that role next season.

Forwards:
      Balotelli - Sold. Somebody will buy him just because of his name. No idea how he has tricked so many people in believing he has quality because he is utter sh*te. I do think he would have performed better in a 4-4-2 set up though and was never given that opportunity here. Somebody somewhere will buy him though.
      Lambert - Sold. A newly promoted club will probably take him.
      Borini - Loaned out. Think we missed a trick not selling him to Sunderland. Think we will be short on buyers.
      Alberto - Loaned out. Don't think we'll find a buyer either.
      Origi - stays.
      Sturridge - stays.

Conclusion? We need F***ing strikers and they don't come cheap. We won't recoup much money for that dross above and Sturridge is only fit for 25% of a season. Origi returning should only be our FOURTH choice striker. Ings on a free is our THIRD choice striker. Sturridge should be our SECOND choice striker due to his poor fitness therefore we really need to spend massively on bringing in a top class forward. Ideally we need two because we can't rely on Sturridge as this season has shown. Again, easier said than done. Who out there is available who we can A) Afford  B) Available  C) Player wants to come here D) No other clubs in for them. 

Two top class forwards, a defensive mid, a pacey winger, a right back and a centre half and if we've got any time then a decent keeper too. Cheers FSG!

If City do come in for Sterling which is whats rumoured then I wouldn't mind a swap deal. Sterling for Dzeko/Jovetic & Navas AND cash - something like that. Its about time we started being cheeky in the transfer market instead of being taken for mugs like F***ing always.

This summer is crucial because the four above us are bound to spend big, especially Arsenal & the mancs. BR, the committee, our scouts and FSG must get it right or we will fall way way behind.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #16: May 11, 2015 12:52:06 pm
      Balotelli
      Borini
      Lambert
      Aspas
      Alberto
      Coates

That should easily get us 25 mn and I would be very happy to it all invested on a single player. Plus with some high earning players off the wage list we can look at bringing in a couple of high profile free agents like Alves or Khedira.
      I think 20m... 25m would suggest you think Balotelli is worth 15m?
      The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #17: May 13, 2015 08:32:15 pm
      Jones, contract runs out, won't resign, keep faith in Minglonet but needs real competition

Johnson, won't resign, time here is done

Ilori, another season on loan, don't think he'll break into the 1st team anytime soon

Coates, think we'll sell him at cut price to an Italian team or something

Toure, I'm in two minds about this, think he'll have to take a pay cut and just a one year contract, if he gets a better offer he will be off

Lucas, think he may leave if we get a decent offer, would love him to stay but I sense disturbance in the force

Borini, should have had more of a chance after his good loan spell at Sunderland but not part of the plans, surely will leave if he can

Alberto, another loan, won't be many suitors to buy I think, another spell in La Liga at a lesser club than Malaga though

Aspas, already said he's not going to stay, cut price deal to Sevilla

Balotelli, loan, probably to Sampadoria, we pay part of his wages and they have option to buy for about half of what we paid

A few youth on loan, hopefully Jerome Sinclair to a decent Championship club and Ojo (?) to the Championship too.

Think Wisdom will stay with Flanagan out. Manquillo will stay for the other half of his loan spell too unless he wants to go. I would like to see Ilori given a chance but doubt it's going to happen.

So overall not a major clearout just getting rid of deadwood.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 981 posts | 65 
      Reply #18: May 13, 2015 08:51:15 pm
      is it me or do we say the same thing every year about clearing out the deadwood.
      at some point it would be a good idea to scout these players properly and not buy potential deadwood in the first place. wastes a lot of money and ruins decent players who are out of their depth at our club. Just buy quality not quantity and bring some young players through the system .
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #19: May 14, 2015 01:25:58 am
      Look, if we're going to keep filling the squad with sh*te like Manquillo, Moses, etc, then it would be far more preferable to give the kids a chance.

They are bound to want it more, and besides, they've been coaches under the same methods as the senior side to warrant their inclusion.

Sick to death of the utter lazy bawbags who come to this club!
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #20: May 14, 2015 05:13:38 am
      Heard Sterlings going to Arsenal Ings and Austin coming in
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #21: May 14, 2015 11:34:03 am
      Heard Sterlings going to Arsenal Ings and Austin coming in

Heard from who?

The postman?
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #22: May 14, 2015 11:37:01 am

The voices in his head, be careful,  he may RKO you out of nowhere. ;)
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #23: May 14, 2015 11:41:39 am
      The voices in his head, be careful,  he may RKO you out of nowhere. ;)

;D

I hate all this 'I heard we're signing ' stuff Rodders unless it is accompanied with some sort of link or source.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #24: May 14, 2015 11:52:45 am
      Look, if we're going to keep filling the squad with sh*te like Manquillo, Moses, etc, then it would be far more preferable to give the kids a chance.

They are bound to want it more, and besides, they've been coaches under the same methods as the senior side to warrant their inclusion.

Sick to death of the utter lazy bawbags who come to this club!

That's very harsh on Manquillo he has been solid defensively every time I have seen him, fair enough no great shakes going forward but he is only 20 and can only get better.

Compare him to Glen Johnson!
      I can't for the life of me understand why he keeps getting games when he is off at the end of the season. Great planning for the future Brendan or maybe he has a feeling it's curtains for him and is just playing his favs.

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #25: May 14, 2015 11:54:25 am
      ;D

I hate all this 'I heard we're signing ' stuff Rodders unless it is accompanied with some sort of link or source.

What I hate is the he's sh*t comments, with no viable alternatives or reasons given as to why they think so. 

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,46051.msg1616397.html#msg1616397

Wondering if Brendan will give me a job on the committee, based on my post last year. A couple of duffs in there, but most have gone up in value
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #26: May 14, 2015 12:48:38 pm
      BR totally screwed up Lambert. He kept on playing Balotelli, neven giving enough run of games to Lambert. He can't be really cr@p if he scored 15 goals.

Agreed.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #27: May 14, 2015 12:49:44 pm
      is it me or do we say the same thing every year about clearing out the deadwood.
      at some point it would be a good idea to scout these players properly and not buy potential deadwood in the first place. wastes a lot of money and ruins decent players who are out of their depth at our club. Just buy quality not quantity and bring some young players through the system .

Been thsi way for ever mate, difference is we hear about it a lot more, social media has a lot to answer for. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #28: May 14, 2015 12:51:29 pm
      We will lose about 8 from the squad I reckon.

And maybe bring in 4 or 5 very very good players, and promote 3 or 4 u21 players to the full squad.
      kb2x
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,841 posts | 215 
      • #WeComeNotToPlay
      Reply #29: May 14, 2015 12:55:39 pm
      Going/Gone:

Stevie G
      Johnson
      Toure
      Jones
      Enrique
      Lovren
      Lambert
      Coates
      Balotelli
      Rodgers
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #30: May 14, 2015 01:30:06 pm
      1. Stevie G
      2. Johnson
      3. Toure
      4. Jones
      5. Borini
      6. Lambert
      7. Coates
      8. Balotelli
      9. Aspas
      10. Alberto

Fixed it, ffs. 10 players, 3 already on loan so not really impacting this seasons squad.

Quick Reply