Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match

Mignolet
      8 (11.4%)
      Can
      4 (5.7%)
      Skrtel
      2 (2.9%)
      Lovren
      2 (2.9%)
      Ibe
      1 (1.4%)
      Gerrard
      31 (44.3%)
      Henderson
      2 (2.9%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Coutinho
      1 (1.4%)
      Sterling
      0 (0%)
      Lallana
      18 (25.7%)
      Lambert
      0 (0%)
      Sinclair
      0 (0%)
      Lucas
      1 (1.4%)

Total Members Voted: 69

Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace: In game and post match implosion

Read 52321 times
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Re: Liverpool 1:3 Crystal Palace. In game and post match implosion.
      Reply #414: May 17, 2015 02:23:53 pm
      I am genuinely shocked and sad at that performance. Can't believe how average the team looked. If we had half the fight that Palace had, we wouldn't be in this sh*t. Seriously, what da f*ck was that?

Ps: I think it's shocking that Henry didn't turn up for Stevie's last game. My guess is that it was because Stevie came out and told them to spend some money in an interview, probably a lot more behind closed doors, but regardless of the behind the scenes disagreements, show some f*cking respect to a man who has done far more for the club than you will ever do. Absolute disgrace.

I do not like the direction the club is going.

i think its too easy to come and blame FSG - they have backed the manager in many respects and have shown that were not push overs (ie - Suarez to Arsenal).

they could pump more money to the club of course - however if it was your money and you have already seen the man in charge spend £35 on Carroll, £20 on Downing, £20 on Lovren, £20 on Lazar, £25 on lallana, £7 on LLoris (who has never played for us), £18 on Sakho, £10 on Mignolet, £15 on Allen, £10 on Borini, £16 on Ballo, £4 Lambert, £10 Can, £7 on Aspas, £11 on Sturridge, £8.5 on Coutinho, £23 on Suarez and money on others who don't feature

and see your team be very inconsistent and the signings you sign not significantly do well and at the same time you see other teams world wide spend similar amounts on players who look a lot better then would you not be hesitant?

i would be hesitant at pumping money at junk and i love the club and love football.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,238 posts | 4924 
      Reply #415: May 17, 2015 03:05:57 pm
      Is it surprising when we're nothing but a glorified youth team?

It is surprising when we've been playing more or less the sh*te of the league since the cup semi final.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #416: May 17, 2015 03:21:27 pm
      p1sh all round.

Sh1t we sent gerrard off with such a poor performnce.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #417: May 17, 2015 03:28:46 pm
      I blame everyone this season. Every single person in that club. NOBODY has stepped up for me.

I am gutted Rodgers has shown some absolute pony decisions this season, I really really like him but you just can't deny how bad it's been.

All the players including Gerrard have been terrible. The only ones coming out at par level are Coutinho and Skrtle for me.

Shocking crap F***ing pile of dogshit this season has been. People that have got to go in the summer:

FSG
      Jones
      Moreno
      Toure
      Enrique
      Lovren
      Johnson
      Mignolet
      Manquillo
      Lucas
      Markovic
      Borini
      Balotelli
      Lambert.

Fresh start, they all have to leave.

MASSIVE F***ing FIRE SALE.

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #418: May 17, 2015 03:39:14 pm
      Who did pay for the In Brendan We Trust  banner from the plane ?

Good Post Rodders.   Hope Grandad is OK mate

JWH of course     ;D

YNWA
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #419: May 17, 2015 03:39:54 pm
      I blame everyone this season. Every single person in that club. NOBODY has stepped up for me.

I am gutted Rodgers has shown some absolute pony decisions this season, I really really like him but you just can't deny how bad it's been.

All the players including Gerrard have been terrible. The only ones coming out at par level are Coutinho and Skrtle for me.

Shocking crap f**king pile of dogshit this season has been. People that have got to go in the summer:

FSG
      Jones
      Moreno
      Toure
      Enrique
      Lovren
      Johnson
      Mignolet
      Manquillo
      Lucas
      Markovic
      Borini
      Balotelli
      Lambert.

Fresh start, they all have to leave.

MASSIVE F***ing FIRE SALE.

Bit harsh on Mignolet and Lucas :P

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #420: May 17, 2015 03:47:47 pm

Ha ha, fresh start mate, they need to find another club.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #421: May 17, 2015 03:55:51 pm
      i think its too easy to come and blame FSG - they have backed the manager in many respects and have shown that were not push overs (ie - Suarez to Arsenal).

they could pump more money to the club of course - however if it was your money and you have already seen the man in charge spend £35 on Carroll, £20 on Downing, £20 on Lovren, £20 on Lazar, £25 on lallana, £7 on LLoris (who has never played for us), £18 on Sakho, £10 on Mignolet, £15 on Allen, £10 on Borini, £16 on Ballo, £4 Lambert, £10 Can, £7 on Aspas, £11 on Sturridge, £8.5 on Coutinho, £23 on Suarez and money on others who don't feature

and see your team be very inconsistent and the signings you sign not significantly do well and at the same time you see other teams world wide spend similar amounts on players who look a lot better then would you not be hesitant?

i would be hesitant at pumping money at junk and i love the club and love football.

Stop smoking the dogshit mate, according to your calculations we've only spent £259.5 that's pretty decent considering, perhaps we should have sold Suarez to the goons for £40000000.1, leaving us a tidy wee profit of £39,999,740.5,

Are you JWH's love child, or one of Linda's fanny farts ??

YNWA
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #422: May 17, 2015 04:41:45 pm
      Stop smoking the dogshit mate, according to your calculations we've only spent £259.5 that's pretty decent considering, perhaps we should have sold Suarez to the goons for £40000000.1, leaving us a tidy wee profit of £39,999,740.5,

Are you JWH's love child, or one of Linda's fanny farts ??

YNWA

is this an attempt at humor? or you attention seeking?

Its poor on both counts
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #423: May 17, 2015 04:46:44 pm
      Everyone must go. Now
      To be honest, id rather we played with our academy players. At least they care

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #424: May 17, 2015 05:31:46 pm
      My ratings of an utterly miserable and embarrassing performance.

Mignolet: A good save from the deflected Puncheon shot, but then done like a kipper for the opening goal. Unlucky with the penalty save though, and his form is one of the brighter sparks of a thoroughly depressing period. His kicking is a complete joke, laughable. Whoever decided the best method for him was to aim at one of the full backs when kicking off the ground was wrong and continues to be so. He should aim it down the centre of the pitch and aim to kick it as far as he can. We wouldn't lose the ball any more often than we already do, and there'd be the added bonus of it moving us up the pitch/not draining his confidence. 6/10. 

Moreno: Quite what he was doing or where he was going for their second goal yesterday I'm still not sure and I've watched it half a dozen times. I cannot for the life of work it out, and while I've seen players switch off or ball watch on many occasions, I've never seen someone's legs just go into auto pilot and transport them into the opposite direction to which they ought to be moving. It reminded me a little of when my little lad persuades me to play FIFA and the player I think I'm controlling is different to the one I actually am. I think I'm closing him down, but actually I'm in control of the winger who is running into the dugout. I have lost any hope that this lad will ever make a credible left full back, and it is the cruellest irony that the one Southampton player we didn't get was derided on here by the experts, but would have played with distinction in Moreno's spot. 2/10.   

The future captain: Not an unusual performance by Dejan, some excellent defending mixed in with some calamitous moments. Someone needs to sit down with him and between them they need to decide what it is he's actually trying to become. At winning headers, tackles and being a stopper centre half he's very good, whenever though he gets embroiled into "systems" and "zones" it all seems to go wrong for him. He needs simple instructions, i.e. "when they have a corner don't mark anyone. I want you simply attack the ball, run through anything in the way and head it out". When he keeps it simple, he's good, when he doesn't, he's bad. 5/10.

The ought to be next captain: Despite all that has gone on around him, Skrtel continues to impress. People say he doesn't have "leadership" qualities, but he always gives 100%, is consistent and looks like he actually gives a f***. Amongst our lot at the moment, that makes him the best candidate. 6/10.

Emre Can. Always does something in a game which makes you think he can make a player. Hopefully next season he'll move into midfield and we'll see what he's really capable of. 5/10.

Henderson. I've had enough of this lad, and not only would I not make him captain I wouldn't have him in our first choice team either. I am sick to the back teeth of his passing, the way he over hits it at people, passes it to them on the first bounce, not properly into their path, hospital passes, return passes, negative prodbacks which stilt our flow. I'm tired of him having shooting chances and fluffing it or snatching at it or putting it over. I'm tired of his awful set piece delivery and his pansy tackling. If this lad is going to be the next captain, we are f*cked and so is Brendan. Awful yesterday. 3/10.

Gerrard: A pale shadow of his former self, his legs have gone and it's definitely the right time for him to go. No longer capable of half what he was, funereally slow and lacking in the zest of yesteryear. All that said, he was yet again one of our best players just as he has been all season. His incisive little pass to Can was the one bit of creativity all day, and the performances of those around him were a total f*cking embarrassment. 6/10.

Coutinho: Obviously a cracking little player but often left to fend for himself. Lots of times had the ball but looked up to see no credible movement in front of him, and the sooner the season ends so we can get some good players around him the better. 5/10

Ibe: Went past the fullback a couple of times, therefore one of our best players. 6/10.

Lallana: Still flimsier than something which is really flimsy, but did score a well taken goal and do a couple of step overs. 6/10.

Sterling: Absolutely stunk the place out and clearly doesn't want to play for Liverpool any more. 3/10.

Subs: I can't be arsed typing anymore so I'll give them all a 4/10.     
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #425: May 17, 2015 06:46:12 pm

Mignolet: A good save from the deflected Puncheon shot, but then done like a kipper for the opening goal. Unlucky with the penalty save though, and his form is one of the brighter sparks of a thoroughly depressing period. His kicking is a complete joke, laughable. Whoever decided the best method for him was to aim at one of the full backs when kicking off the ground was wrong and continues to be so. He should aim it down the centre of the pitch and aim to kick it as far as he can. We wouldn't lose the ball any more often than we already do, and there'd be the added bonus of it moving us up the pitch/not draining his confidence. 6/10. 

Moreno: Quite what he was doing or where he was going for their second goal yesterday I'm still not sure and I've watched it half a dozen times. I cannot for the life of work it out, and while I've seen players switch off or ball watch on many occasions, I've never seen someone's legs just go into auto pilot and transport them into the opposite direction to which they ought to be moving. It reminded me a little of when my little lad persuades me to play FIFA and the player I think I'm controlling is different to the one I actually am. I think I'm closing him down, but actually I'm in control of the winger who is running into the dugout. I have lost any hope that this lad will ever make a credible left full back, and it is the cruellest irony that the one Southampton player we didn't get was derided on here by the experts, but would have played with distinction in Moreno's spot. 2/10.   

The future captain: Not an unusual performance by Dejan, some excellent defending mixed in with some calamitous moments. Someone needs to sit down with him and between them they need to decide what it is he's actually trying to become. At winning headers, tackles and being a stopper centre half he's very good, whenever though he gets embroiled into "systems" and "zones" it all seems to go wrong for him. He needs simple instructions, i.e. "when they have a corner don't mark anyone. I want you simply attack the ball, run through anything in the way and head it out". When he keeps it simple, he's good, when he doesn't, he's bad. 5/10.

The ought to be next captain: Despite all that has gone on around him, Skrtel continues to impress. People say he doesn't have "leadership" qualities, but he always gives 100%, is consistent and looks like he actually gives a f***. Amongst our lot at the moment, that makes him the best candidate. 6/10.

Emre Can. Always does something in a game which makes you think he can make a player. Hopefully next season he'll move into midfield and we'll see what he's really capable of. 5/10.

Henderson. I've had enough of this lad, and not only would I not make him captain I wouldn't have him in our first choice team either. I am sick to the back teeth of his passing, the way he over hits it at people, passes it to them on the first bounce, not properly into their path, hospital passes, return passes, negative prodbacks which stilt our flow. I'm tired of him having shooting chances and fluffing it or snatching at it or putting it over. I'm tired of his awful set piece delivery and his pansy tackling. If this lad is going to be the next captain, we are f*cked and so is Brendan. Awful yesterday. 3/10.

Gerrard: A pale shadow of his former self, his legs have gone and it's definitely the right time for him to go. No longer capable of half what he was, funereally slow and lacking in the zest of yesteryear. All that said, he was yet again one of our best players just as he has been all season. His incisive little pass to Can was the one bit of creativity all day, and the performances of those around him were a total f*cking embarrassment. 6/10.

Coutinho: Obviously a cracking little player but often left to fend for himself. Lots of times had the ball but looked up to see no credible movement in front of him, and the sooner the season ends so we can get some good players around him the better. 5/10

Ibe: Went past the fullback a couple of times, therefore one of our best players. 6/10.

Lallana: Still flimsier than something which is really flimsy, but did score a well taken goal and do a couple of step overs. 6/10.

Sterling: Absolutely stunk the place out and clearly doesn't want to play for Liverpool any more. 3/10.

Hendo was frustrating yest, definitely. Just didn't seem to want to take any responsibility. Could Can move into CM next season, will see. He definitely has fight about him.

Sterling was brutal too, but he's been poor recently imo, future needs to be sorted. But he's one of our best young players. Still think that if we sell our best players, we're on a hiding to nothing.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #426: May 17, 2015 07:48:04 pm

Agree with most of this Mick, just a point about Migs too, if he was told to kick it down the middle it would also make us not so damn predictable. The amount of times it comes out to the right and the lad is double marked because it's obvious what's coming drives me mad. It should have been changed a long time ago.

Can looks a different player completely when he gets into the middle of the pitch and you can tell playing at RB is demoralising him and eating at him. He knows he's playing sh*te there and maybe if we weren't doing so bad it would be a good lesson to teach but right now I fear that anger will turn to dejection rather than motivation. Needs to be told that next season he's moving into midfield to keep his chin up because a RB he is not and will never be. In terms of RB though I hear Wisdom might be coming back and while I haven't watched him on loan I have seen enough to worry that he isn't the answer or even close back there too.

Sterling I totally agree is playing as if he couldn't give 2 shits and the annoying thing is that he keeps getting picked with that attitude. Brendan should have benched him long ago for someone willing to fight for that shirt as that kind of attitude out on the pitch does drag other players down.

Henderson again I agree he doesn't have captain material about him, we have very few who do though and that is just as big or a bigger worry. Can has the makings of it, Lucas would personally be my choice though however he wouldn't be getting in the team every week under Brendan so it would definitely be Skrtel or Sakho, just edging to Skrts because of seniority but I believe Sakho is probably the better leader.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #427: May 17, 2015 07:49:20 pm
      Shambolic display from Sterling yesterday.  Get rid.

Could quite easily name 10 players and members of the hierarchy at Anfield that should not be there after the Stoke game.

Many of the players lack in ability and fight and the people hiring them and playing them have a load to answer for this summer.  Dread to think what sh*te they are going to buy this summer but when Danny Ings looks a definite than you can guess at the kind of sh*te summer transfer strategy we will have - all a bit embarrassing. 

Personally I think the club were taking the piss charging fans around £50 yesterday for what looked like Liverpool had been told was a testimonial game.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Re: Liverpool 1-3 Crystal Palace: In game and post match implosion
      Reply #428: May 17, 2015 08:18:39 pm
      I  honestly don’t believe Raheem wants to be here for next season and for that reason alone we should accept the first big and stoopid offer that comes in... let’s see what’s it like to be on the other side of the fence with overpriced Englishmen deals!

He was bad yesterday but so were a lot players. The season has been a disaster!

I’m not so sure the sacking the manager would solve this mess… I just believe the fire in the belly has all but disappeared for the summer!

I’m sorry to spout the obvious same old crap, but we need major signings and it’s not just transfer fees! We need an old head to come in and steady the ship… someone who has loads of experience, someone who’s won things… is these problems aren’t dealt with and are just covered up next season will be even worse!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #429: May 17, 2015 08:24:25 pm
      Shambolic display from Sterling yesterday.  Get rid.

Personally I think the club were taking the piss charging fans around £50 yesterday for what looked like Liverpool had been told was a testimonial game.

And that is one of the many reasons I do not try to get a ticket.

£50 for a game against Crystal Palace (no offence), but that is a hell of a lot of money, when you are not guaranteed an entertaining game.

The players need a serious talking to, If I did a shift like they did, I'd be on a warning, but they will just be molly-collared.

Ferguson, for all his "faults" would have battered that team yesterday, and rightly so.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #430: May 17, 2015 08:44:09 pm
      Don't know why Gerrard didn't play more forward from the kick off...even centre forward, instead of been told to move up with 20 mins to go 2-1 down when his legs have had it..
      Sterling might not have been on the pitch so why he took Lallana off i'll never know..

Yet another baffling calamity of a football display from my club....Disgraceful performance..

No body else to blame but themselves...

Think a lot of our players are more interested in finishing the Stoke game and boarding that big jumbo off on their summer holidays even if its just to get the f**k away from Rodgers...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #431: May 17, 2015 09:35:57 pm
      Something that's been noticable for a while now is our lack of bite, across the middle mainly. Just watching some of the clips of SG scything guys down in their tracks - we can be easy to play against when not playing well. Can might give more of that than anyone currently in midfield. And if Hendo is not getting himself forward in games, then he needs to make things a little more 'uncomfortable' for the other side to compensate.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,998 posts | 223 
      Reply #432: May 17, 2015 11:30:24 pm
      what a f-ing  season, 22 points dropped at home
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #433: May 17, 2015 11:31:41 pm
      what a f-ing  season, 22 points dropped at home

Fortress Anfield has been breeched.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #434: May 18, 2015 01:06:06 am
      Awful, deflating, demoralising and dissapointing.

Piss take having the MOTM poll up.
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,045 posts | 338 
      Reply #435: May 18, 2015 01:29:52 pm
      I’m sorry to spout the obvious same old crap, but we need major signings and it’s not just transfer fees! We need an old head to come in and steady the ship… someone who has loads of experience, someone who’s won things… is these problems aren’t dealt with and are just covered up next season will be even worse!

Erm, Milner anyone..? 
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #436: May 18, 2015 03:28:29 pm

Milner is not good enough to come in and make any drastic imporvement, he is like a henderson type player, alot of work rate and drive. He cant touch any of the 'better' players we have had in his position in recent times (before people try and say he is an upgrade on Allen)

Quick Reply