Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 103513 times
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Re: The Incompetent Transfer Committee Scouts Thread: GUILTY!
      Reply #115: Jun 05, 2015 06:22:49 pm
      if you are cooking the meal you should be shopping for the groceries

Little Bill Parcell's there FL...nice
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #116: Jun 05, 2015 06:26:01 pm
      Little Bill Parcell's there FL...nice

;D
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #117: Jun 05, 2015 06:26:01 pm
      SEND THEM DOWN!!!
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,191 posts | 1272 
      Reply #118: Jun 07, 2015 12:37:42 am
      Another rumour, with the Express reporting an 'exclusive' that Edwards and Hunter to be sacked.

Being replaced or the DOF coming in? I hope it's true anyway - this pair are in no way qualified for our committee.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #119: Jun 07, 2015 12:54:35 am
      Another rumour, with the Express reporting an 'exclusive' that Edwards and Hunter to be sacked.

Being replaced or the DOF coming in? I hope it's true anyway - this pair are in no way qualified for our committee.

Read that too, obviously we don't know the list that our scouts recommend and how are targets are finally agreed upon but how our 'committee' can survive if we're at serious is beyond me, so again this would be welcome news to me.

I wont lie and admit that even with all the right noises being made I remain extremely skeptical while we still pursue the likes of Ings/Bogdan.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,191 posts | 1272 
      Reply #120: Jun 07, 2015 01:16:08 am
      Read that too, obviously we don't know the list that our scouts recommend and how are targets are finally agreed upon but how our 'committee' can survive if we're at serious is beyond me, so again this would be welcome news to me.

I wont lie and admit that even with all the right noises being made I remain extremely skeptical while we still pursue the likes of Ings/Bogdan.

I'm not fussed with Ings - he's being taken here as a squad striker if that's the case, but it's frightening when Benteke is our marquee target. I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, and until these rumours linking us with him are killed stone dead, I too won't have confidence that this committee will be reformed.

I genuinely shudder at the prospect of Benteke.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,191 posts | 1272 
      Reply #121: Jun 07, 2015 04:19:19 am
      Bog standard Sunday league tripe as scouts scouting bog standard Sunday league players called Bogdan.

If he was a young goal keeper, I'd understand but the guy is approaching his peak years, and we're desperate for quality and competition in goal.

And we get Bogdan.... Is this some kind of sick joke?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #122: Jun 07, 2015 04:45:38 am
      If that is true the infamous transfer committee are taking the piss once again.  :f_steam:
      Redangel

• 8,310 posts | 1004 
      Reply #123: Jun 07, 2015 08:04:01 am
      Some media reporting that the transfer committee are next on the list to go.
      If that's the case, then they'd better get a move on, or we'll be left chasing shadows again!
      Looks as if Brendan could be the last man standing when the cull has finished.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #124: Jun 07, 2015 08:57:58 am
      Some media reporting that the transfer committee are next on the list to go.
      If that's the case, then they'd better get a move on, or we'll be left chasing shadows again!
      Looks as if Brendan could be the last man standing when the cull has finished.

For once we can only hope that the media is right, but Brendan had better keep looking over his shoulder.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #125: Jun 07, 2015 09:57:08 am
      I agree,sack them all and let the people who know what they do to choose transfer targets that will actually improve this club.Commitee obviously does not have a clue about anything they do.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #126: Jun 07, 2015 03:42:25 pm
      On many an occasion I have asked the question "What are our Scouts doing, why do we seem to be the last one linked with good young teenage talent? Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal even Spurs seem to spot these players earlier than our scouts seem to....
      Sometimes you hear little snippets here and there and it take a while to put things together.... Things like how we spotted Cristiano Ronaldo before he sign for Man Utd

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1335700/Gerard-Houllier-I-spotted-Ronaldo-Fergie-Liverpool-wouldnt-let-buy-.htmlhttp://

Or been link with Dider Dorgba two years before his move to Chelsea, there are a couple of others which does not spring to mind at present, But It leaves me wondering just how much can we blame on the scouts?....

If they are spotting players like Rolando, and  Dorgba, and we (LFC); seem to be slow in our pursuit of these players, then can that indecision really be laid at the feet of our scouts? or has the transfer polices under current and previous owners need to be scrutinized... I do not believe that the scouts are that inept
      rossyred

• 9,281 posts | 1663 
      Reply #127: Jun 07, 2015 09:20:21 pm
      What about championship players like Ings , Clyne, Trippier we are looking at these now but why can we not see these earlier and save millions. Who was the last player signed from a lower league . Yes Ibe and Sterling sort of but we dont get many bargains
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #128: Jun 08, 2015 12:39:09 pm
      What about championship players like Ings , Clyne, Trippier we are looking at these now but why can we not see these earlier and save millions. Who was the last player signed from a lower league . Yes Ibe and Sterling sort of but we dont get many bargains

Yes, but is that down to our Scouts or the Management, or the Club's almost Sloth like nature when it comes to recognizing and sign young potential player early....

Over the past ten - twelve years, maybe longer we have been linked with great young talent and missed out. We signed Fernando Torres form Atletico Madrid yet failed to make any sough of effort to try and sign Sergio Agüero. This I find most strange considering that (a) there was rave reviews about him,(b) Rafa must have know about Aguero himself from his Spanish connections, (c) Torres himself would have known all about Kun Aguero yet; just like with Cristiano Ronaldo he was allowed to slip through our fingers

Did not Torres also advice LFC and Rafa to sign Juan Mata two years before Chelsea declared an interest in him??

I believe the fault lays with Liverpool FC and not the Scouts
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #129: Jun 09, 2015 01:47:25 pm
      Seeing as our TC like using stats when deciding on player recruitment, maybe they should look at this recent report.  It's a long read but according to this Liverpool now has the 5th most valuable squad in Europe with Raheem being the most valuable under 21 across the top 5 Leagues, with his value peaking at over 70m Euros.  Oh and Can and Hendo are both valued at over 30m Euros  ;D

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/pdf/mr06_eng.pdf

It's the Monthly Report when you follow the link.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #130: Jun 09, 2015 04:16:34 pm
      Seeing as our TC like using stats when deciding on player recruitment, maybe they should look at this recent report.  It's a long read but according to this Liverpool now has the 5th most valuable squad in Europe with Raheem being the most valuable under 21 across the top 5 Leagues, with his value peaking at over 70m Euros.  Oh and Can and Hendo are both valued at over 30m Euros  ;D

http://www.football-observatory.com/IMG/pdf/mr06_eng.pdf

It's the Monthly Report when you follow the link.

Is this from the same lot who siad Lovren was the best CB in the Premier League!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #131: Jun 09, 2015 04:32:42 pm
      Is this from the same lot who siad Lovren was the best CB in the Premier League!

No idea mate.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,191 posts | 1272 
      Reply #132: Jun 10, 2015 04:01:53 pm
      Are we sure Fallows, Hunter and Edwards didn't take a wrong turn in Merseyside and ended up here instead of Tranmere?

Because their CV's are certainly not of Champions League quality, let along Premier League quality. It's an embarrassment to the club.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #133: Jun 10, 2015 04:28:17 pm
      Why do people blame the scouts? When we end up missing plan A,B,C and ending up with the scouts 4th choice who's fault is it? i don't see Costa, Sanzhez, Willian, Salah, Ba, Remy, Konoplankya, Sigurdsson, Mkhitaryan in a Liverpool shirt so why is that the scouts fault? They could have easily all been grabbed for the 200m we spent on mediocre players.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,191 posts | 1272 
      Reply #134: Jun 10, 2015 04:57:21 pm
      Why do people blame the scouts? When we end up missing plan A,B,C and ending up with the scouts 4th choice who's fault is it? i don't see Costa, Sanzhez, Willian, Salah, Ba, Remy, Konoplankya, Sigurdsson, Mkhitaryan in a Liverpool shirt so why is that the scouts fault? They could have easily all been grabbed for the 200m we spent on mediocre players.

Just look at the amount of terrible transfers over three years we've conducted. Yes, Rodgers has to take responsibility here too, but if these scouts were doing their job correctly then we would be targeting and signing better players.

And last summer - how many strikers did we have scouted? When Rodgers targets of Sanchez and Remy went amiss, they panicked and went to Balotelli - a player who is the complete antithesis to how we play and hence was the reason Rodgers didn't want him.

Granted, Carlton Cole would look world class to these Sunday League idiots in the committee, so they obviously just think 'any decent striker' will do the job for us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #135: Jun 10, 2015 05:22:43 pm

The players  mentioned did interest the manager, for one reason or another an assortment of possible culprits fu**ed the hypothetical arrangement up; if indeed there ever was a supposed deal in the offing.
      As with so many FSG appointments muddying the waters seems to be the priority as opposed to building a platform for success.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #136: Jun 10, 2015 07:06:51 pm
      The players  mentioned did interest the manager, for one reason or another an assortment of possible culprits fu**ed the hypothetical arrangement up; if indeed there ever was a supposed deal in the offing.
      As with so many FSG appointments muddying the waters seems to be the priority as opposed to building a platform for success.
      Is it really water mudding Stuey by an ''assorttment of culprits'' or what they really are is an assortment of incompetent who've just put their foot in it and they think they work for the club's good,which imo would be even worse.
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2015 12:33:25 pm by nikos »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #137: Jun 10, 2015 09:43:36 pm
      Is it really water mudding Stuey by an ''assorttment of culprits'' or what they really are is an assortment of incopetent who've just put their foot in it and they think they work for the club's good,which imo would be even worse.

Exactly Nikos, there are purposely tiers of ineptitude in place so that no definitive blame can be directed specifically; the deception does have a limited life span however as we are witnessing.

Quick Reply