Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 103422 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Re: The Incompetent Transfer Committee Scouts Thread: GUILTY!
      Reply #46: May 24, 2015 11:32:48 am
      It don't be disbander Debs as you need more or less all of the components to get transfers done.

Personally I think the most logical step is to get rid of the members who haven't fulfilled their brief, hire a Sporting Director to over see the committee members and give him the job of shaping football policy at the club.

The manager becomes the coach and we move forward.

Thing is mate - for me - to a large extent the committee is just wind and piss. I'm not convinced FSG really did anything different for BR. Comolli went months before he was appointed indicating they were making changes anyway.

They just made sure to keep control of recruitment away from football people......because they just get carried away and spend money that you don't get back in re-sale value...........trying to win stuff  :mad:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3393 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #47: May 24, 2015 11:33:29 am
      I can just imagine John Henry picking the team  :lmao: Even worse, buying them! A lot of bargains from thevMLS no doubt!

F**k, didn't think of that, hope none of his people are reading this, forgot to add change the rules to ensure that it will make it harder to be voted out by insisting any rival has to put up an unbelievable amount of money.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #48: May 24, 2015 11:34:22 am
      It don't be disbander Debs as you need more or less all of the components to get transfers done.

Personally I think the most logical step is to get rid of the members who haven't fulfilled their brief, hire a Sporting Director to over see the committee members and give him the job of shaping football policy at the club.

The manager becomes the coach and we move forward.

That's how I see it too Si.  I think if it was offered, Brendan would take that even though he refused to work under one initially.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,907 posts | 4972 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #49: May 24, 2015 11:56:03 am
      I think this is central in the failing of the club, and it is imperative that this is changed first and foremost by looking directly at the individuals responsible. It's easy to blame Rodgers or Henry, but these guys have heaps of responsibilities and its only fair that their Sunday League asses have a thread of their own so all fans know their role in the clubs downfall.

It was always a ticking time bomb this and it has blown up spectacularly this year - these guys shouldn't be able to hide behind the owner or the manager.

Just so every fan knows the shoddy low standards of our scouting network. Only by improving it will we be able to make gains in the market again.

100% correct mate, these buffoons are employed by other buffoons who have absolutely no f***in idea, ppl like Fallows, Ayre etc who you say quite rightly wallow in their own sh*te, as for the other buffoons they have absolutely no right to be anywhere near a club with our standards,
      What exactly qualifies them to even discuss what type of player is required ? These are the kind of ppl employed by our owners who also have no f***in idea, talk about the blind leading the blind !

This is where we are at, barely scraping a possible fifth place position and firmly in amongst English football's mediocre fraternity, this what our owners their employees have reduced us to, a Five time European champion, 18 English league winners, etc,

Whilst our rivals take strides in improving their squads and enhancing their chances of success, we stand still and have to accept mid table life with very little ambition,

Things need to change at our club, and change very quickly, starting from the top, Henry & co need to made to realise that their so called ambition falls way way short of that of we fans, our manager needs to be given free rein in who he wants in this summer without retrictions, that f***in committee needs to be revamped with ppl brought in who know the game inside out, and are experienced in transfers, and if that means BR has to bite his lip and work with a DOF, so be it,

Everyone has to come to the table, form the CEO, to the tea lady, sacrifices may need to be made including some ego's,

Surely there is someone at the club or associated with who can bend a few ears here and there, so the message gets thru to those who are deaf dumb and blind to what's happening, whatever the plan, whatever the ideas that are currently in place they are sure as sh*t not f***in working and haven't been for months, change has to happen, and happen real soon,

What a f***in disgraceful situation our club finds itself in, we can all blame BR or under performing players, but ultimately the fingers of blame should point towards Boston and those at the very top, sh*te rolls downhill ppl, no prizes for guessing where ours comes from ??

YNWA
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #50: May 24, 2015 12:09:45 pm
      As an aside to the thread, John Aldridge has been banging on for ages about us signing Benteke, big fan our Aldo is. If you balking at his signature on an LFC contract is down to price I get it though, he ain't a world beater or English so that price is double what I'd make his value at. Benteke needs a team to play well to make him look good, we need a player who plays well and thereby makes the team look good.

A bit like that Barca player, Suarez.  :(

I really like John Aldridge, I like to listen to him speak more than a most pundits.
      Would you be happy if he became the next manager of Liverpool fc? Very curious.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #51: May 24, 2015 12:15:15 pm
      So how long have you and Danny been dating then..? Camels back my arse... sh*t player, no, of course not but looking at our squad throughout these doom and gloomy media induced times,  Ings is the calibre of player we've become accustomed to already and doesn't promote much excitement..Its that simple.. Not sh*t, just sh*t for us now.

One year next Tuesday mate, hopefully we'll see you at the anniversary party.

I don't understand your logic here. You're in a way agreeing with me. He's a good player (or 'not sh*t' as you so eloquently put it). If you're not excited about replacing Lambert and Borini with Ings then I literally don't want to waste my time telling you how stupid that is. He's not 'sh*t for us now' he's exactly what we need now, someone who we can trust coming off the bench to score that literally exactly what we need now. Get him in along with another striker and our front line is looking much healthier.

If you'd rather he goes to Spurs to play up front with Kane or anywhere else...then you're entitled to your opinion obviously but time will tell who's right I guess.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #52: May 24, 2015 12:28:10 pm
      But the committee was set up at Brendans behest Billy because he refused to work under a DoF, so the Owners went against their preferred method to get him. 

Maybe he (BR) saw the committee as the lesser of the two evils for whatever reason; as it turns out either option is merely a vehicle for the policies of FSG.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #53: May 24, 2015 12:39:24 pm
      Maybe he (BR) saw the committee as the lesser of the two evils for whatever reason; as it turns out either option is merely a vehicle for the policies of FSG.

Yet Comolli was sacked even though, with hindsight, we've had better success with his purchases than the committees, in terms of FSG's policy.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #54: May 24, 2015 12:59:11 pm
      Yet Comolli was sacked even though, with hindsight, we've had better success with his purchases than the committees, in terms of FSG's policy.

Was winning silverware and getting to another Cup final so awful and achievement. The Andy Carrol signing always comes up but we were literally bounced into this by Torres going so late int he window. Who knows what will happen this summer but I dont have any great expectations of us signing the quality player we so deserately need.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #55: May 24, 2015 01:41:05 pm

Comolli got the bullet Debs with KD in spite of the margin of success you mention with their signings.
      Adds more weight to the suspicion he was in situ to facilitate Kenny's firing.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #56: May 24, 2015 02:11:35 pm
      Comolli got the bullet Debs with KD in spite of the margin of success you mention with their signings.
      Adds more weight to the suspicion he was in situ to facilitate Kenny's firing.

Possibly mate although he was appointed before Kenny and sacked before Kenny.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #57: May 24, 2015 02:31:27 pm
      Right.

It's not you mate but this post is the straw that's broken the camels back. If you think Danny Ings won't add to the team we have already, you are a moron. Like I just cannot wrap my head around why people are so down on this transfer. How can you make the argument that he'd be a bad signing. He'll be used as a backup striker, and the argument that he'll be signed for the first team is invalid at the moment because guess what... Windows not even open yet mate so you can't judge on what you can't see.

So if you want to criticise the owners/committee for Lovren at 20million, Lallana at 25 million, Borini for any price, Ballo etc... The list really does go on, then that's fine. But I'm sorry I can't sit back and watch people openly slate the club for; a) A signing which by all means remains fictitious at the moment and b) even if he signed, he'd be a bloody good player for the club.

Sorry mate it's nothing against you personally, but there are so many on here bashing the club for 'signing Danny Ings'. Tell me what shirt number is he? How many games have you seen him play in a Liverpool shirt? Are we seriously just not giving players a chance now? Are we pushing them out the door before they even come in? Well the bloody committee doesn't stand a chance with us lot then it seems. (not that they do themselves any favours)

Nah, the rumours are that he will cost £6million on some tribunal thing. For free, he's a fine signing but when he's costing so much, I wonder if that money could be better spent. Whatever the case, he can't be less effective than the current strikers.

But Benteke for me is not worth £30 million, that is ridiculous.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #58: May 24, 2015 02:59:24 pm

Commoli looks like a genie scout in comparison with the Sunday League crap who preside over the committee.

LFCexiled
      Reply #59: May 24, 2015 03:53:50 pm
      I really like John Aldridge, I like to listen to him speak more than a most pundits.
      Would you be happy if he became the next manager of Liverpool fc? Very curious.

Yes, solely based on the masochistic side of me that likes to see this forum implode.   :f_tongueincheek:

I love the fella but if BR goes and given at this moment we're getting spanked 5-0 by Stoke it seems highly possible, then the next name above the door should be a highly experienced man with quality European experience and Aldo don't fit that.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #60: May 24, 2015 04:02:14 pm
      I don't know - I think it's pretty telling when none of them have any experience in the wider context of European or World football.

It might be mate, I don't know. I think it's perfectly fair to discuss the failings of the transfer committee, I just don't feel comfortable with the naming and shaming part of it for the reasons I stated before.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #61: May 24, 2015 06:05:40 pm
      I just hope I don't have to hear the words "traansfer committee" ever again, it's a bad nightmare.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #62: May 24, 2015 07:14:09 pm
      I just hope I don't have to hear the words "traansfer committee" ever again, it's a bad nightmare.

Nah, Ayre and the committee will still be there, spreading arse-spraying mayhem around the club.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Started Topic

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #63: May 25, 2015 12:43:14 am
      Just watched Spurs on MOTD.... Just to remind you all, we lost out to them in the fight for Eriksen.

This committee can't even get Europa League players, let alone Champions League players.

I hope Fallows, Edwards, Hunter, Ayre and Gordon are quaking in their boots tonight. They can hide behind Rodgers all they want, but there's no doubt the players they've scouted and that we've eventually recruited have been utter sh*te.

First job for FSG to do - sack the whole damn lot of them.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #64: May 25, 2015 01:47:57 am
      And with the standard of football we have played this season Rodgers can't hide behind the transfer committee.- Fenway, Rodgers, the transfer committee and the players themselves are all accountable for the situation the club is in today.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #65: May 25, 2015 02:31:32 am
      If you look at the word 'charlatan' in the dictionary there's a picture of Ian Ayre's face.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #66: May 25, 2015 07:10:56 am
      Just watched Spurs on MOTD.... Just to remind you all, we lost out to them in the fight for Eriksen.

This committee can't even get Europa League players, let alone Champions League players.

I hope Fallows, Edwards, Hunter, Ayre and Gordon are quaking in their boots tonight. They can hide behind Rodgers all they want, but there's no doubt the players they've scouted and that we've eventually recruited have been utter sh*te.

First job for FSG to do - sack the whole damn lot of them.

But if Rodgers is targeting the likes of Ings, Milner, Delph and Balotelli.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #67: May 25, 2015 07:43:19 am
      But if Rodgers is targeting the likes of Ings, Milner, Delph and Balotelli.

Are you dyslexic?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #68: May 25, 2015 07:50:51 am

Quick Reply