Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

The Transfer Committee Thread

Read 103414 times
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Re: The Incompetent Transfer Committee Scouts Thread: GUILTY!
      Reply #23: May 24, 2015 02:08:35 am
      I don't think I can judge a scout's contribution to the club. One of them could be pointing out several talented players to the club (we actually are linked to many pretty good ones) but in the end the way we've conducted transfers might not have favored bringing in those players and/or whoever makes the final call might have decided against those recommendations. I just don't feel like bashing someone's knowledge of the game and career without possibly knowing how things actually work out in the inside of the club. It is pretty clear that our transfers as a whole are not working out - but I don't feel the need to name and shame people whose work I actually know very little about.

LFC really should hire me though.  :f_tongueincheek:

I don't know - I think it's pretty telling when none of them have any experience in the wider context of European or World football.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,189 posts | 6346 
      Reply #24: May 24, 2015 03:11:03 am
      I don't think I can judge a scout's contribution to the club. One of them could be pointing out several talented players to the club (we actually are linked to many pretty good ones) but in the end the way we've conducted transfers might not have favored bringing in those players and/or whoever makes the final call might have decided against those recommendations. I just don't feel like bashing someone's knowledge of the game and career without possibly knowing how things actually work out in the inside of the club. It is pretty clear that our transfers as a whole are not working out - but I don't feel the need to name and shame people whose work I actually know very little about.

LFC really should hire me though.  :f_tongueincheek:

My question is what role does Ayre play on this committee. Is his input purely based on the financials for instance?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #25: May 24, 2015 08:49:00 am
      The Danny Ings rumours just says it all about this committee. Pitiful isn't even the word.

Right.

It's not you mate but this post is the straw that's broken the camels back. If you think Danny Ings won't add to the team we have already, you are a moron. Like I just cannot wrap my head around why people are so down on this transfer. How can you make the argument that he'd be a bad signing. He'll be used as a backup striker, and the argument that he'll be signed for the first team is invalid at the moment because guess what... Windows not even open yet mate so you can't judge on what you can't see.

So if you want to criticise the owners/committee for Lovren at 20million, Lallana at 25 million, Borini for any price, Ballo etc... The list really does go on, then that's fine. But I'm sorry I can't sit back and watch people openly slate the club for; a) A signing which by all means remains fictitious at the moment and b) even if he signed, he'd be a bloody good player for the club.

Sorry mate it's nothing against you personally, but there are so many on here bashing the club for 'signing Danny Ings'. Tell me what shirt number is he? How many games have you seen him play in a Liverpool shirt? Are we seriously just not giving players a chance now? Are we pushing them out the door before they even come in? Well the bloody committee doesn't stand a chance with us lot then it seems. (not that they do themselves any favours)
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #26: May 24, 2015 09:13:25 am
      No disrespect mate but there must be 2000 posts like this in the owners thread.

I'm not sure how you're differentiating enough from all of the other posts that say the same thing to start a thread if you get me?

There is no very specific list of goons with their past shittery like this in the owners thread and why does a new subject matter on an internet page bother you so much in the first place? Quite odd.
      You're acting like someone vandalised your home or something.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #27: May 24, 2015 09:45:24 am
      No wonder we are in such a bloody mess right now, 5 in the TC that has not played a competitive game in their life time and has not in anyway associated with winning anything significant with a club are entrusted to shape the future of this club. So here we go, FSG with their chopping and trimming of budget and wages and on the other end TC wasting all the savings with buying average players at inflated prices and stinge on getting real world class players in.  As the saying goes, things even out eventually.

In my all honest opinion, the players that got in are not all that bad, but i have to also question the capability of BR to get his tactics right to get the max out of the players. So, for the failure of this season, BR has to bear part of the responsibility.

More scary is, if a DOF comes in and got in real quality players and yet the players underperformed due to BR lack of experience to mould them into a formidable team, what's next for FSG?

I've read, digest and try to understand  hundreds of pages of what was written about FSG, BR and the TC here and elsewhere and also observed what has happened and is happening on the pitch and it's pretty clear that the TC is a misadventure and it's creating more confusion with no accountability on players acquisition, while I suspect even if world class players were acquired, does BR even has the experience to deploy tactics that make the best of their strengths, sadly BR still has not move up from the Swansea standard and I'm not going  to blame him as those were his most successful years as a manager and he tried to replicate what he did at Swanseaa here, unfortunately it's simply not good enough for the club of this size. But, again I won't blame BR that's the just about what he knows about success so far, the blames lies squarely with FSG as they have in fact engaged a potential manager but not a proven manager.

Hence, it's as good as saying we could muster the best ingredients but if we have a lousy cook, it means nothing.

Sorry mate, but since Brendan almost won the league with just 1 world class player, that doesn't make sense that he couldn't achieve something with lots of them.
      Brendan agreed to this policy, so he can't really complain, but there's no doubt he love things to change.
      The committee have failed the fans miserably, but as far as the owners are concerned, no harm done!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #28: May 24, 2015 09:48:26 am
      Benteke (for £30 million, YES £30 MILLION!),

As an aside to the thread, John Aldridge has been banging on for ages about us signing Benteke, big fan our Aldo is. If you balking at his signature on an LFC contract is down to price I get it though, he ain't a world beater or English so that price is double what I'd make his value at. Benteke needs a team to play well to make him look good, we need a player who plays well and thereby makes the team look good.

A bit like that Barca player, Suarez.  :(
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #29: May 24, 2015 10:10:54 am
      Very interesting what experience this transfer committee had with football, but can someone tell me does Rodgers have the final say on players signing for the club. This transfer committee has little or zilch previous affiliation with the club yet they are trusted with spending millions of pounds. Every one on that committee should be invited to Boston next week and told if they want to go back to Anfield they will have to swim back.

What does beat the F**k out of me Billy is the fact that people openly state that BR is merely a component in a "clusterfuck" of FSG appointments, yet the same people call for his head when inevitably it goes tits up.
      Shooting the messenger was never more appropriate.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #30: May 24, 2015 10:22:43 am
      So what does everything think will happen with the "incompetent transfer committee and scouts" then?

Are we expecting it to be disbanded or maybe refined? 

The so called "review" that was announced a few months ago seems to have thrown up a new conundrum.  The "stats" guys on the committee have complained that Brendan isn't playing the "in form players based on their stats in training" and that's why we've had a bad season and the owners aren't happy with Brendan keep saying we need "1st team ready players" not more young potential when he knew that that was why he was hired, to develop young players with potential.

Personally I've no idea where we're heading with any of it any more.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31: May 24, 2015 10:26:35 am
      What does beat the f**k out of me Billy is the fact that people openly state that BR is merely a component in a "clusterfuck" of FSG appointments, yet the same people call for his head when inevitably it goes tits up.
      Shooting the messenger was never more appropriate.

stuey, wouldn't it be nice if we had a manager who would stand up to Fenway and tell them enough is enough and he wants the transfer committee gone. Sadly in my opinion Rodgers is not that manager to tell Fenway they have fu**ed up on transfers into the club.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #32: May 24, 2015 10:32:04 am
      stuey, wouldn't it be nice if we had a manager who would stand up to Fenway and tell them enough is enough and he wants the transfer committee gone. Sadly in my opinion Rodgers is not that manager to tell Fenway they have fu**ed up on transfers into the club.

But the committee was set up at Brendans behest Billy because he refused to work under a DoF, so the Owners went against their preferred method to get him. 
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #33: May 24, 2015 10:38:16 am
      But the committee was set up at Brendans behest Billy because he refused to work under a DoF, so the Owners went against their preferred method to get him. 

Well Debs if it was set up at Brendan's  behest he has got it wrong and needs to front up to Fenway and tell them the reason it is not working. One thing is certain we cannot carry on with this system and someone needs to take responsibility .
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34: May 24, 2015 10:40:41 am
      So they're both clueless and spineless then!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #35: May 24, 2015 10:49:37 am
      I just think FSG have over complicated everything. It stems from the lack of knowledge and even understanding of football.
      So many people try to reinvent football but the fact is it hasn't changed much at all.
      We still need 11 comitted players on the field, players who are good enough for this club and for the standard we are aiming for.
      If you can't buy them you have to create them and when one goes you either replace him with someone of equal ability or preferably greater ability we have never done this under FSG.
      If you bring in a manager like Rafa or Klopp who have their own ideas how will that go down with FSG when tey tell them to rip up their manual and start again.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #36: May 24, 2015 10:52:25 am
      One thing is certain we cannot carry on with this system and someone needs to take responsibility .

That's how fans feel mate, not necessarily how the Owners feel though.

So they're both clueless and spineless then!

Who the F**k knows mate. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,473 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #37: May 24, 2015 10:52:57 am
      There is no very specific list of goons with their past shittery like this in the owners thread and why does a new subject matter on an internet page bother you so much in the first place? Quite odd.
      You're acting like someone vandalised your home or something.

Odd? Maybe, but a few posts on I've sort of noted that the post you quoted was probably incorrect.

What is odd is the way in which you think that starting a conversation with "No disrespect mate" to somebody who has vandalised your home is normal behaviour. But then I'm not a little sh*t house.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #38: May 24, 2015 10:57:50 am
      The thing that really compounds how ineffective our transfer policy has become for me is that we only compete in one ruddy window per year (Jan 2013 included - that was just the business that got screwed up in Aug 2012).

To have twelve whole months to get ready and still have screwed up year on year is beyond incompetence - it's a complete breakdown.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,382 posts | 3392 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #39: May 24, 2015 11:01:59 am
      Perhaps we should follow real Madrid's lead, where the owner/president scouts the players, buys them, occasionally picks the team and sacks the manager if it goes wrong.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #40: May 24, 2015 11:04:38 am
      The thing that really compounds how ineffective our transfer policy has become for me is that we only compete in one ruddy window per year (Jan 2013 included - that was just the business that got screwed up in Aug 2012).

To have twelve whole months to get ready and still have screwed up year on year is beyond incompetence - it's a complete breakdown.

You would have thought the "powers that be" would be scouting 12 months ahead or even longer we seem to look at the bargain basement stuff in the hope of finding a bargain.
      The whole club is slowly grinding to a halt.
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #41: May 24, 2015 11:06:37 am
      Right.

It's not you mate but this post is the straw that's broken the camels back. If you think Danny Ings won't add to the team we have already, you are a moron. Like I just cannot wrap my head around why people are so down on this transfer. How can you make the argument that he'd be a bad signing. He'll be used as a backup striker, and the argument that he'll be signed for the first team is invalid at the moment because guess what... Windows not even open yet mate so you can't judge on what you can't see.

So if you want to criticise the owners/committee for Lovren at 20million, Lallana at 25 million, Borini for any price, Ballo etc... The list really does go on, then that's fine. But I'm sorry I can't sit back and watch people openly slate the club for; a) A signing which by all means remains fictitious at the moment and b) even if he signed, he'd be a bloody good player for the club.

Sorry mate it's nothing against you personally, but there are so many on here bashing the club for 'signing Danny Ings'. Tell me what shirt number is he? How many games have you seen him play in a Liverpool shirt? Are we seriously just not giving players a chance now? Are we pushing them out the door before they even come in? Well the bloody committee doesn't stand a chance with us lot then it seems. (not that they do themselves any favours)

So how long have you and Danny been dating then..? Camels back my arse... sh*t player, no, of course not but looking at our squad throughout these doom and gloomy media induced times,  Ings is the calibre of player we've become accustomed to already and doesn't promote much excitement..Its that simple.. Not sh*t, just sh*t for us now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #42: May 24, 2015 11:07:04 am
      Perhaps we should follow real Madrid's lead, where the owner/president scouts the players, buys them, occasionally picks the team and sacks the manager if it goes wrong.

Actually heard something yesterday suggesting this. This was based on clubs at the bottom changing their manager with a few games to go seem to get a lift. Maybe players get too close to a manager and vice-versa. Keep the squad intact and just change the manager... why not?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4897 
      Reply #43: May 24, 2015 11:21:04 am
      So what does everything think will happen with the "incompetent transfer committee and scouts" then?

Are we expecting it to be disbanded or maybe refined? 

The so called "review" that was announced a few months ago seems to have thrown up a new conundrum.  The "stats" guys on the committee have complained that Brendan isn't playing the "in form players based on their stats in training" and that's why we've had a bad season and the owners aren't happy with Brendan keep saying we need "1st team ready players" not more young potential when he knew that that was why he was hired, to develop young players with potential.

Personally I've no idea where we're heading with any of it any more.

It don't be disbander Debs as you need more or less all of the components to get transfers done.

Personally I think the most logical step is to get rid of the members who haven't fulfilled their brief, hire a Sporting Director to over see the committee members and give him the job of shaping football policy at the club.

The manager becomes the coach and we move forward.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #44: May 24, 2015 11:25:33 am
      I can just imagine John Henry picking the team  :lmao: Even worse, buying them! A lot of bargains from thevMLS no doubt!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #45: May 24, 2015 11:26:39 am
      You would have thought the "powers that be" would be scouting 12 months ahead or even longer we seem to look at the bargain basement stuff in the hope of finding a bargain.
      The whole club is slowly grinding to a halt.

You would think Walt. In fact you'd expect......even demand.

It simply isn't good enough.

Not even close.

Quick Reply