Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

The Manager Merry Go Round Tread: [Edited title to encompass all.]

Read 47711 times
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Re: Manager Merry Go Round: Klopp, Rafa, Ancelotti, Allardyce
      Reply #69: May 27, 2015 12:32:34 pm
      We have a lot of ex players and managers with a huge amount of experience not to draw on that experience is strange and not a good use of all the talents available to the club

As I've said many times before, why BR needs to do things differently when the blueprint of success is already there. Why bother to create his own brand name when he can just replicate? Just watched the many games during our all conquering years. Check what players we have now and mould them into one. Utd and that bloody rednose stole our blue print. I watched a  full game in the 70s and 80s involving us and the game didn't change much, marking was as tight if not tighter than now, players closing down space as fast as now. It's still 11 against 11.

When people say the game back then cannot be compared to now but take a look at those games before and now and I can say we have much stronger sides compared to now and the first 11 back then would have given many of our drama mama players  a good thrashing, perhaps to a tune of 6-1.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #70: May 27, 2015 12:32:51 pm
      Agreed - reading some of the posts you'd think Rodgers had been sacked already.

its wishful thinking...
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #71: May 27, 2015 12:53:49 pm
      Iā€™ve followed Liverpool since 1984 after facing them with Roma in the European Cup Final, when we lost on penalties.

Itā€™s always been a club that excites me. The ā€œYouā€™ll Never Walk Aloneā€ they sing is incredible. Nobody sings an anthem like Liverpool fans.

Tomorrow, before the game, Iā€™m going to go out onto the pitch early because I want to hear them sing it.

Iā€™m so excitedā€¦ sometimes I look for it on the internet and put it on for my friends. Itā€™s something really unique, seriously.

I remember when we played them in Istanbul [in the Champions League Final] and we were winning 3-0 at the break.

There were 45,000 Liverpool fans in the ground singing ā€œYouā€™ll Never Walk Aloneā€ for 10 minutes. It was incredible and for an Italian it was a shock.

If you have not read this and if indeed this is what that man has said, then I'm already 99% hiring him, non other than Mr. Ancelotti. Stevie to be his understudy for 3 years. Nothing is impossible in the modern game. Mods I'm just sharing and no ban hammer for me please. Please delete this post if found to be inappropriate. Thanks.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #72: May 27, 2015 12:57:43 pm
      Iā€™ve followed Liverpool since 1984 after facing them with Roma in the European Cup Final, when we lost on penalties.

Itā€™s always been a club that excites me. The ā€œYouā€™ll Never Walk Aloneā€ they sing is incredible. Nobody sings an anthem like Liverpool fans.

Tomorrow, before the game, Iā€™m going to go out onto the pitch early because I want to hear them sing it.

Iā€™m so excitedā€¦ sometimes I look for it on the internet and put it on for my friends. Itā€™s something really unique, seriously.

I remember when we played them in Istanbul [in the Champions League Final] and we were winning 3-0 at the break.

There were 45,000 Liverpool fans in the ground singing ā€œYouā€™ll Never Walk Aloneā€ for 10 minutes. It was incredible and for an Italian it was a shock.

If you have not read this and if indeed this is what that man has said, then I'm already 99% hiring him, non other than Mr. Ancelotti. Stevie to be his understudy for 3 years. Nothing is impossible in the modern game. Mods I'm just sharing and no ban hammer for me please. Please delete this post if found to be inappropriate. Thanks.

Wow!!

Thatā€™s pretty impressive!!!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #73: May 27, 2015 01:10:30 pm
      Wow!!

Thatā€™s pretty impressive!!!

Not sure that's really what he said. Maybe half truth. I don't really know. But I'm impressed as well. Get Stevie to be his understudy.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #74: May 27, 2015 01:11:52 pm
      Ancelotti has been approached according to Marca (though they are tabloid aren't they?)?
      « Last Edit: May 27, 2015 01:37:28 pm by Son Of A Gun »
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #75: May 27, 2015 01:22:55 pm
      Ancelotti has been approached according to Marca (though they are tabloid aren't they?).

He will have one look at our transfer targets and run a mile!

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #76: May 27, 2015 01:24:28 pm
      He will have one look at our transfer targets and run a mile!

Maybe he'd bring Ronaldo with him. :f_tongueincheek:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #77: May 27, 2015 01:43:31 pm

Which one, Fatboy or Ladyboy? ;)
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #78: May 27, 2015 01:49:48 pm

Don't care how good he is, I could not stomach that dirty manc in an LFC shirt. ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #79: May 27, 2015 01:57:19 pm
      Don't care how good he is, I could not stomach that dirty manc in an LFC shirt. ;D

Well we nearly did but I think Houlier didnt think he was worth the money.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #80: May 27, 2015 02:09:51 pm
      Which one, Fatboy or Ladyboy? ;)

Either one would help us  :f_tongueincheek:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #81: May 27, 2015 02:11:39 pm
      Well we nearly did but I think Houlier didnt think he was worth the money.

Parry didn't want to pay his wage demands, which were quite high.

Well done yet again Rick.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #82: May 27, 2015 02:21:26 pm
      plenty have pointed out that we have a massive amount of unused experienced men who would be delighted to help in any capacity.
      Seeing the mistakes being made are a lot of the time down to inexperience we should use everyone and anyone if it helps us progress

Indeed matey, indeed. Such a massively rich history, distant and near past, yet we're failing to use that experience. Baffling.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #83: May 27, 2015 02:24:56 pm
      Parry didn't want to pay his wage demands, which were quite high.

Well done yet again Rick.

Ah Rick Parry has made some wonderful decisions for this club seem to remember he was instrumental in bringing in H&G whilst DIC where still working on the deal what a man.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #84: May 27, 2015 02:25:50 pm
      Indeed matey, indeed. Such a massively rich history, distant and near past, yet we're failing to use that experience. Baffling.

Not getting Jamie then Stevie on to the coaching staff was a big mistake.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #85: May 27, 2015 02:29:22 pm
      Ah Rick Parry has made some wonderful decisions for this club seem to remember he was instrumental in bringing in H&G whilst DIC where still working on the deal what a man.

DIC didn't want to keep him on.

h&g promised they would.
      hmm, I wonder why he backed h&g.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #86: May 27, 2015 02:34:36 pm
      Not getting Jamie then Stevie on to the coaching staff was a big mistake.

FSG take a lot of stick for a lot of stuff quite rightly but this is as much the Players choices not just the clubs.

Jamie did not want to just yet, wanted thepundit gig, mibees still change his mind.

Stevie, wants another cple of seasons in US, but is taking his badges, he will be back. Im 100% sure of that, future manager defo.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #87: May 27, 2015 02:42:17 pm

Wow I love him already!!!!! Get him in!!!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #88: May 27, 2015 02:45:20 pm
      I wonder if an announcement is incoming.

Klopp to Anfield..!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #89: May 27, 2015 02:58:33 pm

DIC didn't want to keep him on.

h&g promised they would.
      hmm, I wonder why he backed h&g.

The Walking Briefcase.

The rot started there.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #90: May 27, 2015 08:03:03 pm

Not sure thommo wanted it, and not sure he would leave sky sports now either.

If ancelotti stories are true, that would be good, and mean a change of philosophy from FSG.

Sorry did it again.... I meant Thommo should have been offered the post after Rafa instead of Roy Hodgson. Think He could have been great for the club....
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #91: May 27, 2015 08:11:09 pm
      With Rafa being a one of ours I wish the guy well. If his dream comes true in managing Real then good luck to him.

I wasnt a fan of Rafas at the end ( be careful what you wish for eh?) but he did have insurmountable problems with Hicks Gillett et al.

He got some trophies ..... was loved by all ....... and wears his heart on his sleeve for this club.

I do feel if he didnt get the Real job and FSG went after him ... it could prove to be divisive in here.

Good  Luck Rafa whatever.  Buena  Suerte !

What's good luck in Irish gaelic?

You might need it in a few years time Skip! :D

Quick Reply