Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

The Manager Merry Go Round Tread: [Edited title to encompass all.]

Read 47469 times
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Re: Manager Merry Go Round: Klopp, Rafa, Ancelotti, Allardyce
      Reply #46: May 27, 2015 01:27:40 am
      They aren't going to ever sign Rafa, not with the way he rebelled against Hicks and Gillett.

He also left for us under a cloud with Valencia after having disagreements with the owners about players he didn't want signed....... Wouldn't go down well with the apes at Transfer Committee central!

I was thinking Rafa wouldn't sign for them. He seems pretty wary these days of owners who promise investment and then break promises.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #47: May 27, 2015 09:35:18 am
      His ineptitude has been established.

Swing the gun turret. 
      New target.
      If he stays then FSG are shafting us and treating the paying public with fraudulent contempt.
      Sorry Stu. Ive been slow on the uptake. 
      Ive been attacking the monkey whilst to your credit the organ grinder has felt thy wrath Sir.

The tiers of distraction have been meticulously arranged by JWH&Co Skip mate and to be honest it is only fairly recently the extent of their deceit really came home.
      Maybe it was a reluctance to contemplate anything remotely like H&G but as time passed it has become less remote.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #48: May 27, 2015 09:49:40 am
      The tiers of distraction have been meticulously arranged by JWH&Co Skip mate and to be honest it is only fairly recently the extent of their deceit really came home.
      Maybe it was a reluctance to contemplate anything remotely like H&G but as time passed it has become less remote.

Or in another world ......... bleedin' obvious. ;D

There is one loose thread. 
      Klopp has the Final to play for this weekend.
      He has already said goodbye to his fans @ Dortmund to their rendition of YNWA.

FSG could be PC and announce after that game.
      If they dont make some announcement soon (not smoke mirrors and bullshit) then our fears are well grounded.

BR sails their boat.
      Economy class.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #49: May 27, 2015 09:52:32 am
      If you have any level of superstition you have to chose Klopp just for the name.
      Kop for Klopp! has an awesome sound to it.
      I can picture some amazing banners being waived from the Kop.

If anything Klopp appointment would energize Liverpool supporters to no end.

Watch a video of him  in his last game in charge         ...   and then watch one of Rodgers at Stoke.

Stark.

Kenny (DoF)  and Klopp   The K Team.

Now that sounds cool.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #50: May 27, 2015 10:04:21 am
      The problem is going with Rodgers for one more season, is that all other viable options could be in other jobs if it goes wrong again... and thats not just for 1 season, as these other managers will have signed 3,4,5 years deals with other clubs.

Ive decided I want a change, not because he is a bad a manager but because I think he’s lost the dressing firstly and secondly there are viable options out there at the moment. Someone said on here changing manager will set us back another year, well if we stick with him, and results go very wrong early doors, we could then be looking at sacking him with no options available. That could set us back 4 or 5 years.

It’s a massive risk to go again with BR. It may well pay off, but it’s a big big risk
      dnNeelis
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 34 posts |
      Reply #51: May 27, 2015 10:23:51 am
      Pff Ancelotti would be a dream. The most class manager there is. Him and a good DoF would be amazing. Doubt we will sack Rodgers though.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #52: May 27, 2015 10:35:00 am
      Ancelotti and Klopp become officially free agents from this wknd. lets see if FSG do anything.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #53: May 27, 2015 10:37:40 am
      Marca reporting we have made contact with Ancelotti to take the reigns.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #54: May 27, 2015 10:48:56 am
      Marca reporting we have made contact with Ancelotti to take the reigns.

Please let there be truth in this.... pleeeaassee!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #55: May 27, 2015 10:55:53 am
      If you have any level of superstition you have to chose Klopp just for the name.
      Kop for Klopp! has an awesome sound to it.

I'd say Allardyce might be a better 'name fit' considering how Liverpool like to massively gamble with transfers.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #56: May 27, 2015 11:00:54 am
      I would have liked to see Philip Thompson given a shot a manager, he was second in charge under GĂ©rard Houllier, and when appeared Houllier not to want to play Robbie Fowler,While Houllier was recuperating from His heart problem Thompo did just that oppersite and played Fowler, which proves to me at least He is his own  man... Just can't understand why he was never considered for the post
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #57: May 27, 2015 11:02:46 am
      I would have liked to see Philip Thompson given a shot a manager, he was second in charge under GĂ©rard Houllier, and when appeared Houllier not to want to play Robbie Fowler,While Houllier was recuperating from His heart problem Thompo did just that oppersite and played Fowler, which proves to me at least He is his own  man... Just can't understand why he was never considered for the post

What?.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #58: May 27, 2015 11:04:11 am

Not sure thommo wanted it, and not sure he would leave sky sports now either.

If ancelotti stories are true, that would be good, and mean a change of philosophy from FSG.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #59: May 27, 2015 11:06:36 am

THE ONLY CLUB HE'D GIVE UP HIS SABBATICAL FOR.

Liverpool knock on Ancelotti's door.

JOSÉ FÉLIX DÍAZ 05/27/2015 0

Milan are not the only ones interested in employing Carlo Ancelotti, whose prestige remains largely intact.

The calls keep coming in, Liverpool being the latest to try their luck. Before that, West Ham dropped the Italian a line, after having first sounded out Rafa BenĂ­tez.

For now, Ancelotti is convinced that what is best for him is to take a break from managing for a year. Liverpool may be the only club capable of changing his mind.

http://www.marca.com/en/2015/05/27/en/football/international_football/1432716166.html
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #60: May 27, 2015 11:10:30 am
      Don't see the point of bringing Ancellotti in there is no way he can work under FSG's financial restrictions.

At least Klopp has some experience managing a club with relative financial restrictions in Dortmund.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #61: May 27, 2015 11:16:25 am
      We'll probably end up with Frank De Boer.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #62: May 27, 2015 11:19:30 am
      Don't see the point of bringing Ancellotti in there is no way he can work under FSG's financial restrictions.

At least Klopp has some experience managing a club with relative financial restrictions in Dortmund.
      I can't see any of them happening. Both would cost FSG more to hire. Someone who was trashed 6-1 by stoke is cheaper to hire all day. :lmao:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #63: May 27, 2015 11:23:58 am
                   Phil  Thompson did a very good Job when Houllier had his heart problems and finished up in Broadgreen  Hospital. Also the problem Phil had with Robbie started when Robbie kicked the ball and hit Phil while training. Robbie always insisted it was an accident but Phil believed it was done on purpose. That was the end of the road for Robbie and he was sold to Leeds. Like you I believe that Phil would of made a good manager.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #64: May 27, 2015 11:30:44 am
                   Phil  Thompson did a very good Job when Houllier had his heart problems and finished up in Broadgreen  Hospital. Also the problem Phil had with Robbie started when Robbie kicked the ball and hit Phil while training. Robbie always insisted it was an accident but Phil believed it was done on purpose. That was the end of the road for Robbie and he was sold to Leeds. Like you I believe that Phil would of made a good manager.

We have a lot of ex players and managers with a huge amount of experience not to draw on that experience is strange and not a good use of all the talents available to the club
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #65: May 27, 2015 12:01:33 pm
      We have a lot of ex players and managers with a huge amount of experience not to draw on that experience is strange and not a good use of all the talents available to the club

Still think Carra should be brought in as number 2 whoever is in charge next year.

Ps: I don't think there is any issue with discussing who people would prefer as Liverpool manager next year, but I agree, it feels a little strange talking about possible replacements when there has been no indication from the club that BR s going anywhere - not even a credible rumour. I feel like a man chomping on a snickers bar whilst talking about my love of Mars bars.

Perhaps changing the name of the thread to "Who would be your ideal LFC manager right now?" would be a better discussion. This feels like we're talking about replacements :/
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #66: May 27, 2015 12:06:29 pm
      Still think Carra should be brought in as number 2 whoever is in charge next year.

Ps: I don't think there is any issue with discussing who people would prefer as Liverpool manager next year, but I agree, it feels a little strange talking about possible replacements when there has been no indication from the club that BR s going anywhere - not even a credible rumour. I feel like a man chomping on a snickers bar whilst talking about my love of Mars bars.

Perhaps changing the name of the thread to "Who would be your ideal LFC manager right now?" would be a better discussion. This feels like we're talking about replacements :/

plenty have pointed out that we have a massive amount of unused experienced men who would be delighted to help in any capacity.
      Seeing the mistakes being made are a lot of the time down to inexperience we should use everyone and anyone if it helps us progress
      HNLFC
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #67: May 27, 2015 12:10:57 pm

Agreed - reading some of the posts you'd think Rodgers had been sacked already.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #68: May 27, 2015 12:25:28 pm

I will back Phil to the fullest. He knows very well what is needed on the pitch to win trophies. He has seen and done that all those years ago and not too long ago. Worked under very tough managers. You won't find Phil sitting on the bench quietly, that's real passion for me.  BR, hmmmmm .. I'm not sure.

Quick Reply