Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

The Manager Merry Go Round Tread: [Edited title to encompass all.]

Read 47466 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Re: Manager Merry Go Round: Klopp, Rafa, Ancelotti, Allardyce
      Reply #207: May 29, 2015 08:41:48 pm
      Comparing Klopp to Hodgson or having a thought of him being the German Hodgson is ridiculous really. Klopp is a top class manager who is highly rated everywhere and took a side that almost went bust in 2003 to 2 Bundasliga titles, a CL final and other domestic trophies. Yes he had a poor season but he still got Dortmund into a cup final this weekend which is always nice too.

I mean compare the two also tactically and their football philosophy, “Football only has a right to exist if it brings joy to the crowd, captivates them, draws them in,” Jürgen Klopp ... "The media use terms like 'sexy' in relation to football and that doesn't fit my description too well'' Roy Hodgson. Two completely different types of football philosophy, one who actually wants his team to play football and is well adapted to today's football (Klopp) and the other who is still stick in the 70s with his dinosaur tactics and playing way too deep and on the defensive. Even Roy Hodgson said it himself that his philosophy hasn't changed much since the 70s!

Also, compare them on how they handle the media, imagine Klopp losing to Northampton in a league cup game, do you think he will go out and say ''they were formidable opponents''? Never, look at how he handled the media when he lost to RM 3-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukuaSFoaq4

Admits he lost, shuts up and moves on instead of making excuses.

His Dortmund team has beaten Real Madrid 4-1, Arsenal 2-0 and other countless big clubs in the Champions League. To me that's a sign of an excellent manager that managed to build a strong side with little resources, I would hire him in a heartbeat.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #208: May 29, 2015 08:53:13 pm
      Comparing Klopp to Hodgson or having a thought of him being the German Hodgson is ridiculous really. Klopp is a top class manager who is highly rated everywhere and took a side that almost went bust in 2003 to 2 Bundasliga titles, a CL final and other domestic trophies. Yes he had a poor season but he still got Dortmund into a cup final this weekend which is always nice too.

I mean compare the two also tactically and their football philosophy, “Football only has a right to exist if it brings joy to the crowd, captivates them, draws them in,” Jürgen Klopp ... "The media use terms like 'sexy' in relation to football and that doesn't fit my description too well'' Roy Hodgson. Two completely different types of football philosophy, one who actually wants his team to play football and is well adapted to today's football (Klopp) and the other who is still stick in the 70s with his dinosaur tactics and playing way too deep and on the defensive. Even Roy Hodgson said it himself that his philosophy hasn't changed much since the 70s!

Also, compare them on how they handle the media, imagine Klopp losing to Northampton in a league cup game, do you think he will go out and say ''they were formidable opponents''? Never, look at how he handled the media when he lost to RM 3-0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NukuaSFoaq4

His Dortmund team has beaten Real Madrid 4-1, Arsenal 2-0 and other countless big clubs in the Champions League. To me that's a sign of an excellent manager that managed to build a strong side with little resources, I would hire him in a heartbeat.

Well said.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #209: May 29, 2015 09:17:00 pm
      I'll be watching the Dortmund game v Wolfsburg  Saturday night.

Klopp's last game which should be a lot different from what I hope was Rodgers last game ..... last Sunday.

Itself a disgrace.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #210: May 29, 2015 11:36:16 pm

These enough to convince me he knows his stuffs. If he is able to beat RM he is no Mickey Mouse manager.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #211: May 30, 2015 12:01:33 pm
      Just want to throw this out there..... Our main problem as been Goals this season. A injured striker (Sturridge) two more that did not turn up Lambert/Balotteli... Now under Rodgers and under his system we have created chances, but have simple not converted them, where as the games have progressed it has embolden teams and given them the confidence  to know that they can get something out of the game. As this season has progress further; teams were seeing that if they attacked from the beginning they may get a goal and that we(LFC) would more than likely to press up to and around their the goal area, but were highly unlikely to  have little to no chance to convert it, thus becoming more and more desperate taking more and more chance and leave more and more gaps.

The games earlier this season against Man Utd which saw us lose 3 -0 we created far more chances than Utd but failed to convert,same can be said about the Everton 1-1,Hull 0-0, and a whole raft of games

Yes..... The manager can be held responsible for the players bought into the club, but in the case of Mario Balotelli I have to wonder just how much input BR had on this signing.... Remember we just sold Suarez. Maybe it was felt that we(LFC) and it's supporters needed a marquee signing

I thought at the time that the signing of Rick Lambert was odd, But Mario Balotelli's signing was just weird. I believe that the only way that would make sense was if we were playing him at the head of a midfield diamond behind Sturridge/Suarez but had we not sold Suarez?...

But I digress,

Our football as a whole has been very good under Brendan Rodgers this season, the conversion rate has been very poor, and the lack of passion,Stoke, need i say more...The confidence seems low thought the team especially the last four or five games, I believe this is in part due to (1) Gerrard leaving... and (2) Raheem Sterling,s refusal to sign anew deal...  I feel If Sturrigde had been present and not in the state things would not have reach this far with Sterling. Sturridge could have and maybe would have talked him round...

I will end by saying that BR should be given another season to see how we(LFC) progress... BUT... If he has loss the dressing room then I can not see how he can stay. If so we need to bring in a new manager as so as poss' for they will need to sign the type's of player that they need
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #212: May 30, 2015 12:13:38 pm
      Just want to throw this out there..... Our main problem as been Goals this season. A injured striker (Sturridge) two more that did not turn up Lambert/Balotteli... Now under Rodgers and under his system we have created chances, but have simple not converted them, where as the games have progressed it has embolden teams and given them the confidence  to know that they can get something out of the game. As this season has progress further; teams were seeing that if they attacked from the beginning they may get a goal and that we(LFC) would more than likely to press up to and around their the goal area, but were highly unlikely to  have little to no chance to convert it, thus becoming more and more desperate taking more and more chance and leave more and more gaps.

The games earlier this season against Man Utd which saw us lose 3 -0 we created far more chances than Utd but failed to convert,same can be said about the Everton 1-1,Hull 0-0, and a whole raft of games

Yes..... The manager can be held responsible for the players bought into the club, but in the case of Mario Balotelli I have to wonder just how much input BR had on this signing.... Remember we just sold Suarez. Maybe it was felt that we(LFC) and it's supporters needed a marquee signing

I thought at the time that the signing of Rick Lambert was odd, But Mario Balotelli's signing was just weird. I believe that the only way that would make sense was if we were playing him at the head of a midfield diamond behind Sturridge/Suarez but had we not sold Suarez?...

But I digress,

Our football as a whole has been very good under Brendan Rodgers this season, the conversion rate has been very poor, and the lack of passion,Stoke, need i say more...The confidence seems low thought the team especially the last four or five games, I believe this is in part due to (1) Gerrard leaving... and (2) Raheem Sterling,s refusal to sign anew deal...  I feel If Sturrigde had been present and not in the state things would not have reach this far with Sterling. Sturridge could have and maybe would have talked him round...

I will end by saying that BR should be given another season to see how we(LFC) progress... BUT... If he has loss the dressing room then I can not see how he can stay. If so we need to bring in a new manager as so as poss' for they will need to sign the type's of player that they need

If you believe our football on the whole has been very good this season, then clearly you are easily pleased. We had a good run which lasted approximately one third of the season. The other two thirds of our league campaign, plus the embarrassment of our European campaign were just woeful. Been to Specsavers?

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #213: May 30, 2015 05:19:40 pm
      If you believe our football on the whole has been very good this season, then clearly you are easily pleased. We had a good run which lasted approximately one third of the season. The other two thirds of our league campaign, plus the embarrassment of our European campaign were just woeful. Been to Specsavers?
      As I said above "As a whole our football has been good" We have got ourselves in the dangerous area of the pitch, perpetrated defends, played balls into dangerous places, but all to offend there as been no one on the end of them, or the attempted finish have been very poor. it is a massive failure to convert that has been the down fall. not our approach play. aspects of our games have been very encouraging.... Don't throw out the baby with the bath water
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #214: May 30, 2015 08:51:54 pm
      JK is 1-3 down v Wolfsburg. 

Its not 1-6 though
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #215: May 30, 2015 08:54:02 pm
      As I said above "As a whole our football has been good" We have got ourselves in the dangerous area of the pitch, perpetrated defends, played balls into dangerous places, but all to offend there as been no one on the end of them, or the attempted finish have been very poor. it is a massive failure to convert that has been the down fall. not our approach play. aspects of our games have been very encouraging.... Don't throw out the baby with the bath water

is there some evil hidden message in your post because i havent got a clue what you are on about
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #216: May 30, 2015 08:54:21 pm
      JK is 1-3 down v Wolfsburg. 

Its not 1-6 though

looks like Big Sam then.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #217: May 30, 2015 08:57:16 pm
      To be fair, Wolfsburg are a fantastic side, with great players. They had to be clear favourites.

Expect their team to be ravaged by Munich in the transfer market then.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #218: May 30, 2015 11:51:05 pm
      is there some evil hidden message in your post because i havent got a clue what you are on about
      ;D... No just doing my "Devil's Advocate thing" and pointing out in the interest of fairness that it is indeed the goal scoring that has let us down The approach play as been really good at times, we out preformed Man Utd everywhere except in the goal area despite losing 3-0
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #219: May 31, 2015 07:26:53 am
      ;D... No just doing my "Devil's Advocate thing" and pointing out in the interest of fairness that it is indeed the goal scoring that has let us down The approach play as been really good at times, we out preformed Man Utd everywhere except in the goal area despite losing 3-0

Simply because we don't have a fast and tough tackling DM and BR is still wondering where the problem lies. Our midfield is worst than a sieve. Continue using Allen (his favorite player)  and Lucas in the same team and deploying players out of position, the end result is where we are now plus the 6-1 drubbing. Wonder BR even knows what are the strengths and weaknesses of his players and what is really needed to be a top manager.

Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,627 posts | 128 
      Reply #220: May 31, 2015 08:13:19 am
      To be fair, Wolfsburg are a fantastic side, with great players. They had to be clear favourites.

They are scum just as ManCity, PSG or Chelsea are ;). Without the VW money they would never be able to  attract players like De Bruyne. So congrats to VW for winning their first domestic cup in their company's history!  ;D

But enough off topic.

I bet my money on the fact that FSG watched that game yesterday and after that they probably decided why don't we stick with Brendan ?! He would have lost that one too  ;D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #221: May 31, 2015 08:51:02 am
      These enough to convince me he knows his stuffs. If he is able to beat RM he is no Mickey Mouse manager.

Just like RAFA.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #222: May 31, 2015 10:09:55 am
      Here's a new possibility, ar Shabadoo would quite literally explode. Which would be slightly ironic.........

Try and be in a sparsely populated area Shabs. ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #223: May 31, 2015 10:28:28 am
      I see the headline in the Mirror is that Sterling would stay if Klopp comes to Anfield. Now some may be surprised to hear I am not Brendan's biggest fan but since when do 20 year old kids decide who is Liverpool's manager. If FSG can establish that he did say this he should be shipped out of Anfield TODAY.
      Mean while FSG continue with their new managment technique
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      Reply #224: May 31, 2015 10:41:05 am

Utter gash.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #225: May 31, 2015 10:45:11 am

maybe send him a DVD of the Palace or Stoke games or if your feeling mean the FA Cup semi final against Villa
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,729 posts | 408 
      Reply #226: May 31, 2015 10:55:28 am
      I see the headline in the Mirror is that Sterling would stay if Klopp comes to Anfield. Now some may be surprised to hear I am not Brendan's biggest fan but since when do 20 year old kids decide who is Liverpool's manager. If FSG can establish that he did say this he should be shipped out of Anfield TODAY.
      Mean while FSG continue with their new managment technique

Raheem would have probably been nursing a bruised face all season if Klopp had been our manager this season.

Doubt he'd have had the constant ring piece licking he's had off Brendan all season anyway.

EDIT: Brendan should have shunned the kid like has done with Borini and Balotelli.

But he took the opposite route and massaged the lads ego all season then give him a token dropping in the last game of the season.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #227: May 31, 2015 11:01:46 am
      ;D... No just doing my "Devil's Advocate thing"

Pointless and irrelevant drivel simply to give the manc cu*ts or as you would have it Man Utd, some kudos.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #228: May 31, 2015 11:12:30 am

Been on this forum some time and it's got to be said the above ranks as one of the best examples of complete horseshit I have had the misfortune to contemplate.
      Do us all a service and get back to that w*nk utd forum.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #229: May 31, 2015 11:21:55 am
      Simply because we don't have a fast and tough tackling DM and BR is still wondering where the problem lies. Our midfield is worst than a sieve. Continue using Allen (his favorite player)  and Lucas in the same team and deploying players out of position, the end result is where we are now plus the 6-1 drubbing. Wonder BR even knows what are the strengths and weaknesses of his players and what is really needed to be a top manager.

Will not dispute what you have said... Was just pointing out that we (LFC) are not as bad as most here thing we are.... Yes we need some big changes, New players in and old(not age wise) players out, but all is not bad. Even if we only had decent strikers this season, strikers that fitted the system I believe we would be top 4, It may not have stopped the Stoke mauling, but it would be slightly less palatable (only slightly)   

Quick Reply