Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

James Milner Player Thread (M) (Liverpool > Brighton & HA)

Read 201845 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: James Milner Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jun 08, 2015 07:53:40 am
      Spouse, yes. Drunk, no. Although it'd explain a lot if he were.

Same simpleton though.

Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #116: Jun 08, 2015 09:44:34 pm
      Just seen on Twitter. To the tune of Cheerleader by OMI:

""Ohhh I think that I've found myself a midfielder and I think that his name is James Milner""

dear lord
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #117: Jun 10, 2015 01:51:38 am
      Quite frankly, I don't want to spend millions on Benteke. So, if Milner, Ings and Clyne came then so be it. At least the money saved on Benteke can be used for someone else in January may be.

Also, I think Ings is not too bad. He will get us more goals than Balotelli, Lambert and Borini. If he gets 10 goals in a season then it money well spent.

That´s very mediocre.He scored 11 with a team that got relegated and you expect 1 less from him with Liverpool?
      Flying Squirrel 39
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts | 23 
      Reply #118: Jun 10, 2015 03:01:26 am
      A true workhorse.Nothing stellar but a very good player,and a very consistent one.Never puts in less than full shift.Strong,bursts of speed,good ball control and passing,strong shot.Reckon he´ll be used as a winger or maybe in front of Henderson.A very good buy,this man will work his socks off for us.

A very Liverpool Club looking lad also,a presentable man you know,unlike,Balotelli,for example.English,serious,quiet,hard-working man. A perfect fit for us.Welcome,James "Popeye" Milner,I wish the best for you  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #119: Jun 10, 2015 12:57:16 pm
      A true workhorse.Nothing stellar but a very good player,and a very consistent one.Never puts in less than full shift.Strong,bursts of speed,good ball control and passing,strong shot.Reckon he´ll be used as a winger or maybe in front of Henderson.A very good buy,this man will work his socks off for us.

A very Liverpool Club looking lad also,a presentable man you know,unlike,Balotelli,for example.English,serious,quiet,hard-working man. A perfect fit for us.Welcome,James "Popeye" Milner,I wish the best for you  ;D

See I agree with all that and even then I question why we're spending a massive amount in terms of wages for those talents.

If it were Modric we were getting I could understand, if it were Mascherano I could understand but Milner, as you said he'll work hard, decent passer and not a bad shot at all, he'll score a good few for us I've no doubt, most certainly versatile. Does that also not tick all the boxes of the minimum we should be expecting from a first XI player? Granted our midfield doesn't have many of them at the moment and I totally accept the point that Milner will improve our midfield but I do take issue with spending £150k a week on someone who isn't right out of the top drawer.

To clarify, I'd have no problem at all spending £150k a week on Milner if I thought it wouldn't have an impact on our ability to offer substantial wages to top class players but I think it will and therein lies the rub.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #120: Jun 10, 2015 12:58:15 pm
      See I agree with all that and even then I question why we're spending a massive amount in terms of wages for those talents.

If it were Modric we were getting I could understand, if it were Mascherano I could understand but Milner, as you said he'll work hard, decent passer and not a bad shot at all, he'll score a good few for us I've no doubt, most certainly versatile. Does that also not tick all the boxes of the minimum we should be expecting from a first XI player? Granted our midfield doesn't have many of them at the moment and I totally accept the point that Milner will improve our midfield but I do take issue with spending £150k a week on someone who isn't right out of the top drawer.

To clarify, I'd have no problem at all spending £150k a week on Milner if I thought it wouldn't have an impact on our ability to offer substantial wages to top class players but I think it will and therein lies the rub.
      See there's part of me that wonders if we might see even better of Milner with increased playing time and a role he favors more.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #121: Jun 10, 2015 02:08:08 pm
      See there's part of me that wonders if we might see even better of Milner with increased playing time and a role he favors more.

I hope not Milner in central midfield!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #122: Jun 10, 2015 02:20:05 pm
      I hope not Milner in central midfield!!
      Oh I think he will be earmarked for CM HSc. The fact that he was supposedly waiting on word of Rodgers staying prior to signing tells me that he was promised something from Rodgers, that being a CM role.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #123: Jun 11, 2015 04:40:38 pm
      i think him in the middle is best for him as he's not got blistering pace and has a good engine something we need is leadership in the middle so lets hope he brings that more importantly
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #124: Jun 11, 2015 05:02:33 pm
      I Didn’t Want James Milner To Leave For Liverpool – Man City Chairman

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has revealed that he did not want James Milner to leave the club this summer, but accepts the midfielder wanted a new challenge with Liverpool.

The 29-year-old swapped the Etihad Stadium for Anfield earlier this month, after having spent the last five seasons with the Citizens.

According to Al Mubarak, Milner has always been one of his favourite people and he has thanked him for his service to the club.

However, revealing that it was the former Leeds United player's own decision to leave the club, the chairman stressed the need to provide him with support on what he has decided to do with his career. He further added that Milner's former club will never forget him.
      "I would have liked him to stay, but I think he chose his next challenge, I think we have to support him on that, wish him all the best and he will never be forgotten by City", Al Mubarak said in an interview with his club's official website.

"I want to thank him for his service to the club. He has been a hard worker, has been loyal servant to this club, he has given everything to this club. It has been a joy to watch him."

Al Mubarak also took time to speak about his happiness at having been able to honour Milner with every single domestic trophy in England but expressed his regret at not being able to win the Champions League with him.

"He won every single domestic trophy here, he deserves that and I remember when we first brought him into City I promised him: 'you join City we are going to win Championships you are going to have honours in every league we are part of'.

"I am only disappointed that we didn’t give him the Champions League, but hopefully the others will carry from here on, but I want to thank him for his service to the club.
      http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/06/11/i-didnt-want-james-milner-to-leave-for-liverpool-man-city-chairman/214038/?

This says it all that he was very respected guy, we need to enjoy him play for our club now!
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #125: Jun 16, 2015 09:34:09 am
      That´s very mediocre.He scored 11 with a team that got relegated and you expect 1 less from him with Liverpool?

Aye but he got those 11 goals in 35 games. Chances are he won't see the same kind of playing time he had at Burnley so 10 goals would be an okay return from him.

And classy from the Man City chairman that. Milner could quite possibly the best PR move the club has made in ages how many other players are as universally respected as this lad is?
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #126: Jun 16, 2015 04:35:21 pm
      Jimmy Milner Liverpools new no8!

Good luck lad think he will settle our very nervious team
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #127: Jun 16, 2015 05:40:44 pm
      Jimmy Milner Liverpools new no8!

Good luck lad think he will settle our very nervious team

That's not actually true though is it.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #128: Jun 17, 2015 12:27:54 pm
      That's not actually true though is it.
      which bit the no8 part or just all of it  ;D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #129: Jun 17, 2015 12:30:23 pm
      When it comes to a player like Milner, people would do well not to get too hung up on stats.
      Other players and managers love him, because he not only works incredibly hard and does more than his fair share of dirty work, but also because he sets a fine example and chips in with a few goals and assists.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #130: Jun 17, 2015 12:32:13 pm
      When it comes to a player like Milner, people would do well not to get too hung up on stats.
      Other players and managers love him, because he not only works incredibly hard and does more than his fair share of dirty work, but also because he sets a fine example and chips in with a few goals and assists.
      and doesnt miss many games due to injury, think he only had one spell at city where he was injured unlike some of the players we have in the middle who get injured more than there fit.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #131: Jun 17, 2015 12:36:08 pm
      I Didn’t Want James Milner To Leave For Liverpool – Man City Chairman

Manchester City chairman Khaldoon Al Mubarak has revealed that he did not want James Milner to leave the club this summer, but accepts the midfielder wanted a new challenge with Liverpool.

The 29-year-old swapped the Etihad Stadium for Anfield earlier this month, after having spent the last five seasons with the Citizens.

According to Al Mubarak, Milner has always been one of his favourite people and he has thanked him for his service to the club.

However, revealing that it was the former Leeds United player's own decision to leave the club, the chairman stressed the need to provide him with support on what he has decided to do with his career. He further added that Milner's former club will never forget him.
      "I would have liked him to stay, but I think he chose his next challenge, I think we have to support him on that, wish him all the best and he will never be forgotten by City", Al Mubarak said in an interview with his club's official website.

"I want to thank him for his service to the club. He has been a hard worker, has been loyal servant to this club, he has given everything to this club. It has been a joy to watch him."

Al Mubarak also took time to speak about his happiness at having been able to honour Milner with every single domestic trophy in England but expressed his regret at not being able to win the Champions League with him.

"He won every single domestic trophy here, he deserves that and I remember when we first brought him into City I promised him: 'you join City we are going to win Championships you are going to have honours in every league we are part of'.

"I am only disappointed that we didn’t give him the Champions League, but hopefully the others will carry from here on, but I want to thank him for his service to the club.
      http://www.insidefutbol.com/2015/06/11/i-didnt-want-james-milner-to-leave-for-liverpool-man-city-chairman/214038/?

This says it all that he was very respected guy, we need to enjoy him play for our club now!

Very nice from thier chairman as well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #132: Jun 25, 2015 12:46:13 pm
      With all the transfer news our old friend, the prophet of doom, Corbally is having a right moan on Twitter because James has apparently taken the 7 shirt. ;D
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #133: Jun 25, 2015 02:35:39 pm
      With all the transfer news our old friend, the prophet of doom, Corbally is having a right moan on Twitter because James has apparently taken the 7 shirt. ;D

But of course. ;D
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #134: Jun 25, 2015 03:55:05 pm
      Unquestionably our signing of the summer so far in my eyes. I genuinely think there are going to be some people who are going to be shocked as to how good this lad really is.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #135: Jun 25, 2015 04:12:53 pm
      Unquestionably our signing of the summer so far in my eyes. I genuinely think there are going to be some people who are going to be shocked as to how good this lad really is.

Not sure if he is the signing of the summer but I definitely agree he'll surprise a lot of people. I've been a fan for as long as I remember and I feel that watching him on a weekly basis will probably make me appreciate him even more.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #136: Jun 25, 2015 04:30:41 pm

haha. just realized I follow him too.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #137: Jun 25, 2015 05:11:03 pm

It's hard to say "signing of the summer" at this point, but I do get the feeling that while someone like Firmino will grab all the highlights as flair players typically do, it'll be Milner who will prove to be hugely important to how we do this season.

Quick Reply