Trending Topics

James Milner Player Thread (M) (Liverpool > Brighton & HA)

Read 201476 times
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: James Milner Player Thread
      Reply #161: Jul 07, 2015 04:42:35 pm
      Not sure why 1) Milner would go and chat with Sterling about staying, 2) How Milner could convince him to stay.
      1) because he's played with him at a senior level and is himself class as a senior player with loads of experiance.
      2) he could tell him how he thinks he would fit in at city and who his main competition would be to start and that he wont be one of the first names on the teamsheets. he's just come from there so knows how they set up how the manager sets up etc.

make no bones about it milner is coming into LFC to offer us leadership also not just as a decent bosman, he's coming from a title contender side so knows how to win, Sterlings still a young lad so would be daft not to listen to his advice being an EX city player.

but hay thats none of my business  :-*
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #162: Jul 07, 2015 04:51:30 pm
      1) because he's played with him at a senior level and is himself class as a senior player with loads of experiance.
      2) he could tell him how he thinks he would fit in at city and who his main competition would be to start and that he wont be one of the first names on the teamsheets. he's just come from there so knows how they set up how the manager sets up etc.

make no bones about it milner is coming into LFC to offer us leadership also not just as a decent bosman, he's coming from a title contender side so knows how to win, Sterlings still a young lad so would be daft not to listen to his advice being an EX city player.

but hay thats none of my business  :-*

Gerrard couldn't convince so what chance does Milner have?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #163: Jul 14, 2015 07:05:48 pm
      Going to go out on a limb and say he's going to have a really outstanding year for us. Just one game in I know, but I was really pleased by what I saw.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #164: Jul 14, 2015 07:19:48 pm
      Is it wrong that I'm actually kind of excited about this signing? I really think he could be an "under the radar" improvement that helps kick us up a bit.

No, it's not wrong to get excited about a quality, hard working player, who will be playing in his preferred position, helping to provide assists and score goals as well. Looking forward to watching James Milner play for us in the new season.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #165: Jul 14, 2015 09:50:57 pm
      Is it wrong that I'm actually kind of excited about this signing? I really think he could be an "under the radar" improvement that helps kick us up a bit.

There'll be nothing under the radar about it mate I think there'll be a noticeable difference
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #166: Jul 14, 2015 10:20:09 pm
      Going to go out on a limb and say he's going to have a really outstanding year for us. Just one game in I know, but I was really pleased by what I saw.

Nothing wrong with it, I've been a fan of the lad for nearly 10 odd years, you can find pretty old stuff from me in this forum saying as much, I'm really happy we've signed him and excited to see all he has to offer.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #167: Jul 14, 2015 11:36:39 pm
      Top player who is living proof that sometimes players can improve out of all recognition if they get themselves to a big club and work hard at their game.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #168: Jul 15, 2015 01:08:12 am
      I'm sure he'll be much more of an asset than Gerrard was in his last few season. To be honest, he's that midfielder we've been needing desperately - he's an engine in midfield like Henderson, and I think his hard work and ability to cover a lot of ground will hopefully see our back four protected even more, when considering we were having to call upon Lucas and Gerrard who are slow footed - certainly not ideal for a team set up to press as Rodgers wants.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #169: Jul 15, 2015 01:09:57 am
      I'm sure he'll be much more of an asset than Gerrard was in his last few season. To be honest, he's that midfielder we've been needing desperately - he's an engine in midfield like Henderson, and I think his hard work and ability to cover a lot of ground will hopefully see our back four protected even more, when considering we were having to call upon Lucas and Gerrard who are slow footed - certainly not ideal for a team set up to press as Rodgers wants.

Agree, seems a lot of us are saying many will be surprised by the quality and influence Milner will bring. It's appearing more like a lot of us are actually expecting a lot of influence and quality from Milner.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #170: Jul 20, 2015 04:40:02 pm
      Milner seems such a sensible and mature individual. He seems to encompass a lot of qualities we've lacked including reliability. As Henderson's midfield partner I think he has to be made vice captain.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #171: Jul 20, 2015 10:12:35 pm
      Milner seems such a sensible and mature individual. He seems to encompass a lot of qualities we've lacked including reliability. As Henderson's midfield partner I think he has to be made vice captain.

Vice captain? Surely not!

I want him to be a success but at the moment, I still dont rate him and never have done.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #172: Jul 20, 2015 10:16:40 pm
      With Milner it was always going to be the case that he was going to walk into our first team. Not only because he's a very good footballer who is better than any of our other midfielders, but because we wouldn't have brought him in huge wages otherwise. He's very quickly proving any doubts anyone had about him were unfounded, and my guess is he'll quickly become one of the first names down on the teamsheet every week. A truly brilliant signing.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,900 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #173: Jul 21, 2015 12:11:13 am
      Seems his the new vice captain. A pleasant surprise in my eyes.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #174: Jul 21, 2015 12:43:55 am
      Seems his the new vice captain. A pleasant surprise in my eyes.

Where have you got that from?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,900 posts | 818 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #175: Jul 21, 2015 01:25:07 am

Dominic King. It's the latest thing going around twitter, reckon it'll be confirmed in a day or two, couple reliable Liverpool fan accounts relaying the info.

Forgive me if I am wrong though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #176: Jul 21, 2015 12:14:22 pm
      With Milner it was always going to be the case that he was going to walk into our first team. Not only because he's a very good footballer who is better than any of our other midfielders, but because we wouldn't have brought him in huge wages otherwise. He's very quickly proving any doubts anyone had about him were unfounded, and my guess is he'll quickly become one of the first names down on the teamsheet every week. A truly brilliant signing.

I'd say now he'll be in the running for our player of the season.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,358 posts | 1028 
      Reply #177: Jul 21, 2015 02:02:48 pm
      I know it really shouldn't be a factor but with him coming here on a free there won't be as much pressure on him to live up to a price tag like at City. Like others in here I think he will prove to be one of our biggests assets this season.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #178: Jul 22, 2015 07:15:21 pm
      I'll leave this here and just back off slowly. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es6RZYcXfIE
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #179: Jul 22, 2015 07:25:50 pm
      Speaking to a City fan in work yesterday, he said we have a very good player, and could understand why they sold him, he also couldn't understand why they bought Sterling.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #180: Jul 22, 2015 07:55:10 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #181: Jul 22, 2015 07:58:35 pm

Holy crap!!!

Bwahahahahahahahaahha!!!!!!!
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #182: Jul 22, 2015 08:27:25 pm

:lmao:

I hope for their sake they were on serious drugs when they were doing that.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #183: Aug 07, 2015 02:38:56 pm
      Something we all knew anyway but it's been officially confirmed today...

James Carroll ‏@James_Carroll84  · 21m21 minutes ago 
      Brendan Rodgers has just confirmed James Milner as #LFC's new vice-captain.

Quick Reply