Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

James Milner Player Thread (M) (Liverpool > Brighton & HA)

Read 201934 times
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Re: James Milner Player Thread
      Reply #299: Sep 27, 2015 03:10:32 am
      The minimum expectation is that he puts in a good shift and plays well so maybe that's why some aren't rushing in here to shower him with praise for doing his job. But playing like crap and adding nothing is not expected and will draw ire from fans.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just sayin'
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #300: Sep 27, 2015 10:26:49 pm
      I think Milner's finish was superb, really. He made it look simple, but a bouncing ball isn't the easiest to keep down. Great strike and good overall performance.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #301: Sep 28, 2015 12:12:19 pm
      "City have lost more games"

Oh dear.
      That includes Juventus in the Champions League.
      They have lost as many in the Premier League.
      They have WON 2 more in the Premier League.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #302: Sep 28, 2015 12:35:49 pm
      "City have lost more games"

Oh dear.
      That includes Juventus in the Champions League.
      They have lost as many in the Premier League.
      They have WON 2 more in the Premier League.
      Wrong thread mate?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #303: Sep 28, 2015 12:36:34 pm

No.
      It's a Milner quote.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #304: Sep 28, 2015 12:39:29 pm
      Well its a bit Brendan-esque TBH.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #305: Sep 28, 2015 12:43:33 pm
      Well its a bit Brendan-esque TBH.

Now you know why he's captain.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8551 
      Reply #306: Sep 28, 2015 12:55:42 pm
      Nothing on here about his performance, are we serious!

Misses a few passes and we get sh*te like this:

Scores a goal and we get nothing, not even a 'good job James'

We are no longer the most intelligent football fans in the world. And it's entirely down to rubbish like this. Embarrassed to be a peer of some of you lot.

Hahahaha that last line, feel embarrassed for you, you daft c**t!!

Good finish, nice set-up for Sturridge's first.

Still doesn't make him captain/vice-captain material.
      « Last Edit: Sep 28, 2015 01:16:06 pm by HUYTON RED »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #307: Sep 28, 2015 01:07:34 pm
      The lad done alright on Saturday I thought. Probably his best for us so far but I want more from a CM than what he is offering so far but at the same time I wanting more from most players on the pitch at the moment so you could say it's a collective thing. I get the feeling that he may blossom a bit more there when the whole team starts clicking but the jury is out for me. Hopefully Saturday will be the start of the improvements.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #308: Sep 28, 2015 02:24:43 pm
      Was about time he proved something to make signing him worthwhile. Still got a lot to do though.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #309: Sep 28, 2015 03:02:03 pm
      If he contributes as much as on Saturday anything like regularly I shouldn't think most will complain. An assist and a goal ain't too shabby, but my suspicion is that as he's already been identified as a "Brendan" signing, he'll be up against it to really get the plaudits. He's much the same as Benteke in that regard, I've seen plenty of posts concluding that we can't play with him up top already. That's despite two league goals and the whole team playing absolutely sh!te for the start of his Liverpool career. That's what you get though when you have a manager the fans don't believe in.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #310: Sep 28, 2015 03:29:11 pm
      If he contributes as much as on Saturday anything like regularly I shouldn't think most will complain. An assist and a goal ain't too shabby, but my suspicion is that as he's already been identified as a "Brendan" signing, he'll be up against it to really get the plaudits. He's much the same as Benteke in that regard, I've seen plenty of posts concluding that we can't play with him up top already. That's despite two league goals and the whole team playing absolutely sh!te for the start of his Liverpool career. That's what you get though when you have a manager the fans don't believe in.

I think Milner is another who hasn't been helped by the role Brendan has given him. Playing him too deep, expecting him to be a creative influence while playing so deep was never going to work. With Lucas in the side as a midfield two, Milner was given licence to push forward more and we saw the benefits.

I think it will be interesting once Henderson returns (if Brendan is still in charge) to see if Milner is pushed back again into the deeper role with Lucas the one making way for Henderson?

Yes Milner can tackle, does work hard but he is also much more effective further forward even though he does also lack a bit of creativity.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #311: Sep 28, 2015 03:29:56 pm
      That's what you get though when you have a manager the fans don't believe in.

I wonder why...
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #312: Sep 28, 2015 03:37:45 pm

"It's not the amount of time wasted trying to fit square pegs into round holes, it's the damage you do to the peg while trying to force it to fit."
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #313: Sep 28, 2015 03:38:46 pm

Really? Well the main reason of course is that aside from one excellent season out of three, Brendan has struggled in the other two. This season hasn't started with any tree uprooting, so that would explain most fans lack of belief. Obviously for other fans there was/is the issue that they never wanted the man in the first place and so therefore were just biding their time for the chance to put the boot in, but for most it's because the team is underperforming in their eyes.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #314: Sep 28, 2015 03:56:31 pm
      Really? Well the main reason of course is that aside from one excellent season out of three, Brendan has struggled in the other two. This season hasn't started with any tree uprooting, so that would explain most fans lack of belief. Obviously for other fans there was/is the issue that they never wanted the man in the first place and so therefore were just biding their time for the chance to put the boot in, but for most it's because the team is underperforming in their eyes.

Do you not think one of the main reasons was that after such a dismal season Klopp and Ancelotti became available.  After that I think to a large extent Brendan's fate was sealed for a lot of the supporters. Similar to Hodgson once Kenny had said he was interested in the job. Without a ball being kicked he was on a hiding to nothing. Bad results may have sealed his fate but it was the person waiting in the wings that really killed him.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #315: Sep 28, 2015 04:01:30 pm
      Do you not think one of the main reasons was that after such a dismal season Klopp and Ancelotti became available.  After that I think to a large extent Brendan's fate was sealed for a lot of the supporters. Similar to Hodgson once Kenny had said he was interested in the job. Without a ball being kicked he was on a hiding to nothing. Bad results may have sealed his fate but it was the person waiting in the wings that really killed him.

Quite possibly mate yes, very good point. Equally though as we all know 60% or so of the fans wanted Kenny to stay (IMHO), and of the 40% who wanted him gone 100% of them wanted Benitez back. He was on a bit of a hiding to nothing from day one, although obviously almost winning the league nearly set him up for life. FWIW though I totally believe that even if he had won the league, for at least some of the fans they still would have been biding their time for an opportunity for change.

Just to re-iterate incase anyone's in any doubt, I would personally pull the trigger and get Klopp in.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #316: Sep 28, 2015 04:08:07 pm
      Quite possibly mate yes, very good point. Equally though as we all know 60% or so of the fans wanted Kenny to stay (IMHO), and of the 40% who wanted him gone 100% of them wanted Benitez back. He was on a bit of a hiding to nothing from day one, although obviously almost winning the league nearly set him up for life. FWIW though I totally believe that even if he had won the league, for at least some of the fans they still would have been biding their time for an opportunity for change.

Just to re-iterate incase anyone's in any doubt, I would personally pull the trigger and get Klopp in.

I agree mate, the pressure on Brendan now would be nothing compared to the pressure he would be under if Rafa was available.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #317: Sep 28, 2015 04:21:08 pm

Presumably then you're placing yourself in that bracket,
      unless you think winning the league would change how things have unfolded now?

I think S@int is spot on, Brendan's biggest problem isn't that his team is struggling,
      it's who's currently available and their proven calibre.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #318: Sep 28, 2015 04:50:36 pm
      Hahahaha that last line, feel embarrassed for you, you daft c**t!!

Good finish, nice set-up for Sturridge's first.

Still doesn't make him captain/vice-captain material.

I never said anything about being a captain or vice captain. My point was people jump down his throat for a few missed passes in an overall poor performance and don't say a word when he was instrumental in a victory.

Call me a daft c**t if you want but remember who was the one defending Lucas and Henderson when the same sh*t was happening with them, look at them now. Don't tell me you're not embarrassed by some of the comments on here mate?

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8551 
      Reply #319: Sep 28, 2015 05:12:52 pm
      I never said anything about being a captain or vice captain. My point was people jump down his throat for a few missed passes in an overall poor performance and don't say a word when he was instrumental in a victory.

Call me a daft c**t if you want but remember who was the one defending Lucas and Henderson when the same sh*t was happening with them, look at them now. Don't tell me you're not embarrassed by some of the comments on here mate?

All the time, but I don't take what I read on the internet that seriously, it's just like the armchair lot in the pub, you learn to ignore it. Always been the comments in the ground that I've listened to more. Tbh the thing about captain/vice captain was kind of like my own opinion I just couldn't be arsed writing another post.

And come on I call everyone a daft c**t ;)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #320: Sep 28, 2015 05:35:25 pm
      All the time, but I don't take what I read on the internet that seriously, it's just like the armchair lot in the pub, you learn to ignore it. Always been the comments in the ground that I've listened to more. Tbh the thing about captain/vice captain was kind of like my own opinion I just couldn't be arsed writing another post.

And come on I call everyone a daft c**t ;)

I know mate, hard to ignore sometimes. Most of the time I'm just curious to hear the mindset of some people because it seems so alien to me.

:lmao: I know pal, most likely won't be the last time I get called it by someone either  :f_tongueincheek:

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #321: Sep 28, 2015 05:37:43 pm
      I know mate, hard to ignore sometimes. Most of the time I'm just curious to hear the mindset of some people because it seems so alien to me.

:lmao: I know pal, most likely won't be the last time I get called it by someone either  :f_tongueincheek:

Daft c**t.

Quick Reply