Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

From the debacle result to now .....and beyond.

Read 2721 times
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      From the debacle result to now .....and beyond.
      Jun 05, 2015 09:20:10 pm
      I was looking for a thread to post an opinion on how I’m feeling on everything with the club and nothing exists. There’s a thread for the manager, FSG transfers etc. but not an overall thread to call the future and how you feel about everything thing now.

Me? I’m glad you asked….I feel like a labour voter in Scotland.

I wanted the managers out, but he’s staying, so ok let’s back the manager because that’s what we do. but then the transfers rumours start coming in. Milner and Ings have been touted for ages so no surprise but Bogdan? F***ing Bogdan?? its only June and actually worried about the new season already.

I know there’s loads more to happen in the club and in the transfer market too before the first game in August, but f**king hell …. Where’s the fun gone!? I’m devoid of any excitement at the moment and nothing seems doable and more. 

Are we keeping the manager on blind faith or don’t want to pay him out?
      the top 4 are shopping  Waitrose and alike… were window shopping in Aldis

somebody please tell me it’s all going to be ok?

Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Re: From the debacle result to now .....and beyond.
      Reply #1: Jun 05, 2015 11:42:37 pm
      My general feeling on the club at the moment, is that we're totally, totally fu**ed. Our owners don't have a clue what they're doing and our manager, despite 13/14, simply isn't very good.

Our transfer committee remains a joke. It's laughable and everyone can see it apart from the club itself. Now we've began sacking random staff members for the sake of changing something.

On a positive note, the stadium is coming along very nicely indeed. I do firmly believe FSG's heart is in the right place, but they and those below them continue to make mistakes. And the most annoying thing is that the mistakes they're making are the same ones as they've already made.

My honest prediction for the future is that we'll slump into another few wilderness years. I'm normally quite positive and optimistic but it's impossible to be happy at the moment.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2: Jun 05, 2015 11:46:13 pm
      Well if this is going to turn into a prediction thread then I will wait until the end of the window and see what the owners ambitions are like before making a prediction of 2015/2016 season.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #3: Jun 05, 2015 11:49:24 pm
      somebody please tell me it’s all going to be ok?
      Sorry mate i wish i could but i'd be lying if i did . Look around and the eye doesn't lie .

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #4: Jun 06, 2015 04:14:39 am
      Ive supported the club for over 50 years.
      Never have I felt so concerned as to the the present or the future.

Never.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #5: Jun 06, 2015 08:16:57 am
      Ive supported the club for over 50 years.
      Never have I felt so concerned as to the the present or the future.

Never.

You have every right to be concerned Skip, At least with Hicks and Gillette we knew they were out to turn the club over. With FSG and the structure they have set up at Anfield we don't know what the F**k they are up to. Their theme tune should be silence and absence is golden.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 269 
      Reply #6: Jun 06, 2015 11:30:17 am
      FSG aren't the same as the other two clowns but they are running us simply as a business. Wasn't there something out recently saying we are back on some top ten rich list ?. They are trying to make us bigger globally and I honestly think their only aim is to make the top four in the PL and the money that goes with it, any success along the way is just a bonus.

Their view is a million miles away from what we want to see our club achieve, I am aching to see us win FA cups,league cups, big European games and that all important PL title. As said above this off season I've never been so worried and despondent about the coming season  :(.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #7: Jun 06, 2015 12:46:48 pm
      FSG have no respect for the fans of this club and stick to their plan which will mean they will walk away with a lot of money money which could have been spent on the team. Brendan has been publicly humiliated by having his own men sacked yet he didnt feel the need to support them or stand with them.
      FSG will need to pull a rabbit out of the hat in the next couple of months in order to get the crowd on side or it could turn nasty very quickly indeed.
      Strange we havent heard from Brendan about the changes he is normally all too ready to speak to the media.
      I dont think at this point anyone could begin to imagine what will happen next season.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #8: Jun 06, 2015 05:02:07 pm
      The owners have "Sacked Kenny Dalglish" on their cv. Why should I respect them?

I don't know where we're going tbh. Part thinks that last year was a mad year when a fluke set of circumstances conspired against Brendan, leading to the performance we had. The other part worries that last year and two years before it, was just the reality of the level of where a badly run club should be, and I just have to get used to it in the future.

I am prepared to allow Brendan the benefit of the former and see if he can do better  next year. If it's the latter, then the answer isn't sacking him but getting hands-on owners who understand football, know what they're doing, and have the ambition of better than finishing fourth every year.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #9: Jun 11, 2015 08:54:27 am
      The owners have "Sacked Kenny Dalglish" on their cv. Why should I respect them?

I don't know where we're going tbh. Part thinks that last year was a mad year when a fluke set of circumstances conspired against Brendan, leading to the performance we had. The other part worries that last year and two years before it, was just the reality of the level of where a badly run club should be, and I just have to get used to it in the future.

I am prepared to allow Brendan the benefit of the former and see if he can do better  next year. If it's the latter, then the answer isn't sacking him but getting hands-on owners who understand football, know what they're doing, and have the ambition of better than finishing fourth every year.

Sacking Kenny on the back of a better season than Brendan has just had will always haunt the owners.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10: Jun 11, 2015 09:01:58 am
      maybe behind the scenes a furious John Henry has told the Players Purchasing Institue (PPI) to go and spend all of what they have generated so sell some players if you want to buy anyone or look for free transfers or loans.
      the silence from Anfield could be contrued as a return to the old ways but the silence was always shattered by an announcement which usually meant buying players who could improve the team.
      How can anyone look forward to the coming season with so little  knowledge of what is happening within the club and having made two signings that so far have cost nothing.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #11: Jun 11, 2015 12:45:09 pm
      Trying to be positive with this statement.

After the sh1te end to the season  :mad: ,

It can only get better.
       :aaliverpoolwz0:

People panicking about this player in rumours and that player who might be signing or might not be signing, (ITS RUMOURS & PAPER TRASH TALK) take a step back, relax enjoy the summer get some golf in or cricket whatever floats your boat, and let the proper transfer window open in a few weeks, then let's see how we look after whoever we sign goes on the pre-season tour.

With all the backroom changes and freshening up strikers and a few other new faces, Im thinking it might not be too bad.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan
      • Started Topic

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #12: Jun 11, 2015 12:55:34 pm

It can only get better.

People panicking about this player in rumours and that player who might be signing or might not be signing, (ITS RUMOURS & PAPER TRASH TALK) take a step back, relax enjoy the summer get some golf in or cricket whatever floats your boat, and let the proper transfer window open in a few weeks, then let's see how we look after whoever we sign goes on the pre-season tour.

With all the backroom changes and freshening up strikers and a few other new faces, Im thinking it might not be too bad.

:clap:  :scarf: :clap:

thats what I needed to hear!!!!!  ;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #13: Jun 11, 2015 03:25:09 pm

It can only get better.

sitting back and relaxing was the reason we did sh*te business last summer.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #14: Jun 11, 2015 03:56:08 pm
      sitting back and relaxing was the reason we did sh*te business last summer.

Obviously I meant us the fans relax !

The board \ management, they should be working like f~@k.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #15: Jun 11, 2015 04:01:39 pm
      As long as FSG own this club there will be an air of despondency and a lack of success.

Last year's fluke was treated as an unwelcome surprise by the owners, they did what they had done since their arrival to achieve a modicum of success - F**k all!!

It was an embarrassment how out of our league we were shown to be,
      our descent in the Prem this year was only to be expected.
      This is the model FSG have formulated; it will not change.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Jun 11, 2015 06:21:38 pm
      As long as FSG own this club there will be an air of despondency and a lack of success.

Last year's fluke was treated as an unwelcome surprise by the owners, they did what they had done since their arrival to achieve a modicum of success - f**k all!!

It was an embarrassment how out of our league we were shown to be,
      our descent in the Prem this year was only to be expected.
      This is the model FSG have formulated; it will not change.

was this season our worst ever in European football it was bloody awful. We will be lucky to finish top 8 again unless we have some major signings. ~I dont count Milner or Inngs as major signings.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #17: Jun 11, 2015 07:40:07 pm
      was this season our worst ever in European football it was bloody awful. We will be lucky to finish top 8 again unless we have some major signings. ~I dont count Milner or Inngs as major signings.

The FSG model is perfected.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,138 posts | 4893 
      Reply #18: Jun 11, 2015 07:43:28 pm
      We will be lucky to finish top 8 again unless we have some major signings.

I think this is a bit of sensationalism here Walt.

We will comfortably finish in the top 8 even if we add no more players to our squad.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #19: Jun 11, 2015 11:29:53 pm
      I think this is a bit of sensationalism here Walt.

We will comfortably finish in the top 8 even if we add no more players to our squad.
      I wish I had your confidence, to be honest I see a mid-table position for most of next season.
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2015 07:04:50 am by stuey »
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #20: Jun 12, 2015 07:17:28 am
      As I said, let's wait and see after transfer window been open a for a good while, and pre season has started b4 judging.

I will be shocked if we don't spend big on 1 or 2 players, I think the free transfers are just lucky they have landed at same time, it's good business at the end of the day.

Away and enjoy summer with your families enjoy sun & beers, that's what Im gonna do.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #21: Jun 12, 2015 07:27:23 am
      I wish I had your confidence, to be honest I see a mid-table position for most of next season.

I can't see that. We were dog sh*t this season but somehow managed to get on record breaking runs of clean sheets and the like. We didn't even play strikers. We didn't have anything close to a set XI, just a jumbled pieced together mess each week based on who was fit enough to play full back. Considering all the bullshit of this season we still managed to finish 6th, surely things wont be even worse next season.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,495 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #22: Jun 12, 2015 07:32:45 am
      I can't see that. We were dog sh*t this season but somehow managed to get on record breaking runs of clean sheets and the like. We didn't even play strikers. We didn't have anything close to a set XI, just a jumbled pieced together mess each week based on who was fit enough to play full back. Considering all the bullshit of this season we still managed to finish 6th, surely things wont be even worse next season.

Agreed, we had a terrible season, but managed to get to a couple of semi finals and shld hav finished 4th, but ended up 6th cos of the worst ever finsih to a season I can remember.

Surely the players and manager have learned from this, and won't let it happen again.

We had a terrible run with injuries, touch wood we have a better season on that front, we will have some fresh faces, the new signings last season should have settled now and kick on.

The new strikers at the very least will be a lot more mobile and thus help the attacking midfildersl ike couthino & Lallana.

Quick Reply