Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Liverpool's New Back Room - Your Choice

Read 58503 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,520 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Liverpool's New Back Room - Your Choice
      Reply #115: Jun 11, 2015 03:25:22 pm
      boots and kit on... still getting involved even in his sixties... amazing!!

he needs a bigger postion in the club, even if that is just a regal title and does little towards coaching!!

"Director of all thats great at LFC"... maybe?  :D

Sami woud accept an assistant role at LFC so i think its a good fit for Brendan... others may want the top job!!

Dawned on me today, Kenny is helping out cos we have let 2 coaches go. The King to rescue again. ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,197 posts | 4911 
      Reply #116: Jun 11, 2015 03:26:26 pm
      Dawned on me today, Kenny is helping out cos we have let 2 coaches go. The King to rescue again. ;D

No he's not.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #117: Jun 11, 2015 03:35:05 pm
      when you look at the names associated with this club from managers like Houlier and Evans to players like Sami and Jamie it seem madness not to use their experience at the club in some capacity. Now I have searched and searched for names coming to anfield but nothing is remotely likely so it looks very much like Pascoe and Marsh were sacked to save Brendan. Brendan now is the first favourite for the sack.
      This is no way to run a club or support a manager.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #118: Jun 11, 2015 03:36:28 pm

Pako yes in a heart beat the others no.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,197 posts | 4911 
      Reply #119: Jun 11, 2015 03:39:35 pm
      Pako yes in a heart beat the others no.

Why not?

Because Pako is the only one to have worked at Liverpool before?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #120: Jun 11, 2015 03:46:01 pm
      Monchi is the guy who has shaped Sevilla over the last decade or so and regarded as one of the best football operators in Europe.

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/spanish-primera-divisi%C3%A3%C2%B3n/15/blog/post/1981765/monchi-the-man-who-made-sevilla

Rene worked for the mancs. He isn't a manc.

I want the best people in place and he is one of the best.

I was discussing Sevilla the other day with a friend who is a Newcastle fan and he was so depressed that Newcastle wasn't a similar club in England - not one to challenge for the league but constantly qualifying for Europe and winning trophies. Having a huge stadium, fanatical support and a lot of television money, they surely have the foundations to build something much stronger than the erratic performances we've seen from them in the past decade.

Personally I'd like Sami Hyypia as assistant manager but that's due to my favouritism. In the end it should be someone Rodgers wants and is comfortable working with.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #121: Jun 11, 2015 04:02:23 pm
      FSG will never in a million years give any job to anyone they think will rock the boat.

See my Sig. below.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #122: Jun 11, 2015 04:07:40 pm
      Pako or Mullistein as his assistant manager as there both winners and experianced at the top level not novices in the game.

coaches i think we need someone who will strike fear and make the players want to fight for the shirt, which is something to be honest they never did last season. half the time when we went behind they hid apart from on the odd occasions.
      So i would love Hypia as coach with Cara in a sort of duo role. Hypia taking the lead with Carra there part time learning the coaching ropes whilst also motivating the players in training and passing on the clubs ethos.
      Eventually i want carra and Gerrard there but they need to get experiance hence why part time role at the club would be best at first.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,188 posts | 1271 
      Reply #123: Jun 11, 2015 04:10:27 pm
      Has there ever been such a highly publicized search for assistant coaches?

this whole situation is just so bizarre.

I don't think I can even name any assistant coaches at other clubs.  Maybe Brian Kidd at City.  but that's about it.

if the assistant coaches are so important why is there not a huge uproar at other clubs about what assistant coaches they hire?

why are we going through all of this just to find a f**king assistant coach?!

It's because you know jack sh*t about football.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,188 posts | 1271 
      Reply #124: Jun 11, 2015 04:34:18 pm

Director of Football

Kenny Dalglish

Head Coach

Brendan Rodgers

Assistant Manager

Phil Thompson

First Team Coach

Sammy Lee

I likes this better Si, LFC bloodline continues.

My opinion as always - balls to the LFC bloodline!

We need the best in, they are not the best. No room for sentimentality here. It's important we get things right this summer, we can't afford to be playing silly beggars.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,197 posts | 4911 
      Reply #125: Jun 11, 2015 04:43:24 pm
      My opinion as always - balls to the LFC bloodline!

We need the best in, they are not the best. No room for sentimentality here. It's important we get things right this summer, we can't afford to be playing silly beggars.

Indeed.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #126: Jun 11, 2015 06:17:29 pm
      Why not?

Because Pako is the only one to have worked at Liverpool before?

basically yes because our identity has been eroded and he knows how the club should work.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,197 posts | 4911 
      Reply #127: Jun 11, 2015 06:49:40 pm
      basically yes because our identity has been eroded and he knows how the club should work.

So we only hire former players and staff these days?

Bloody hell the club will never move forward by hiring Liverpool people for the sake of hiring Liverpool people.

We should want the best people available for the job Walt.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #128: Jun 11, 2015 07:09:26 pm
      If it is only former players;

The Telegraph are running a story of our old mate Bolo Zenden being interested in an Anfield return.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11667573/Liverpool-news-Bolo-Zenden-open-to-Anfield-return.html
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,493 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #129: Jun 11, 2015 07:12:34 pm
      Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 2h2 hours ago

Wouldn't pretend to be an expert, but sometimes you meet people in football who you're convinced are going places. Ian Cathro's one of them.

Cathro is 28 years of age and has just left Valencia; he was assistant manager there

Just saying
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #130: Jun 11, 2015 07:13:25 pm
      If it is only former players;

The Telegraph are running a story of our old mate Bolo Zenden being interested in an Anfield return.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11667573/Liverpool-news-Bolo-Zenden-open-to-Anfield-return.html

Would love him or Pako. Zenden is young with bags of experience, both as a player and assistant manager!
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,188 posts | 1271 
      Reply #131: Jun 11, 2015 08:38:00 pm
      Rory Smith ‏@RorySmithTimes 2h2 hours ago

Wouldn't pretend to be an expert, but sometimes you meet people in football who you're convinced are going places. Ian Cathro's one of them.

Cathro is 28 years of age and has just left Valencia; he was assistant manager there

Just saying

Fantastic coach, he left Valencia today, I don't know how I didn't think of him for us.

He did a fantastic job restructuring youth at Dundee Utd and he's a man with ideas. Valencia have been doing well with him and their current manager (Nuno Santo) so personally I think he should be snapped up. Santo calls him a 'genius' and he's very well respected amongst football managers.

What's more, his education of the game is similar to Brendan's in that he has gone abroad to Spain to learn the tricks of the trade, with emphasis on technical development, movement and rhythm first and foremost.

What's more, like Brendan, he has been a youth coach and attempts to get kids playing the right way - his protege Ryan Gauld is now at Sporting Lisbon to continue development, despite being courted by the likes of us and Man Utd. I think he's tailor made for us when considering Brendan's philosophy. Here is a coach who is fiercely independent with his own ideas but who is on the same wavelength with Brendan in terms of how the game should be played, potentially meaning the assistant isn't at odds with the managers way of playing, yet still providing us with ideas - perhaps what was lacking with Pascoe maybe.

Once again, he would be beneficial to the young players, especially the Academy. I reiterate time and time again here - if we want to go places, we have to have players coming off the production line at Kirkby. Somebody like Cathro has the experience of working with kids and adults so he would be great for the young ones when we give them a chance in the League Cup and Europa League. He has a very impressive CV for a guy only 28, and make no mistake, he has the experience of working in the most technically demanding league in the world. Helping Valencia to fourth place and a Champions League spot behind the established three proves this is a man who has to be taken seriously.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-bsUCT8CUGY
      « Last Edit: Jun 11, 2015 10:11:11 pm by Son Of A Gun »
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #132: Jun 12, 2015 02:21:44 am
      Someone who can teach our team how to defend properly. A high pressing game is only good if you can execute it. If not, get men behind the ball, get organized, and defend the old fashioned way!!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #133: Jun 12, 2015 02:41:12 am
      If it were me choosing, I'd have Kenny, Case, Souness, Carragher and Barnes with BR in charge of the drinks.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #134: Jun 12, 2015 02:54:07 am
      If it were me choosing, I'd have Kenny, Case, Souness, Carragher and Barnes with BR in charge of the drinks.

The guardian of Rafa's thread, chooses no Rafa in his team. SACRILEGE I tell ya...
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #135: Jun 12, 2015 05:25:35 am
      The guardian of Rafa's thread, chooses no Rafa in his team. SACRILEGE I tell ya...

That's his bootroom. I'll give him a year to sound out some of the Madrid boys.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #136: Jun 12, 2015 06:02:42 am
      That's his bootroom. I'll give him a year to sound out some of the Madrid boys.

What's he gonna pay them in, peanuts?
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #137: Jun 12, 2015 06:25:28 am
      Pako Ayestarán, the man has a proven quality when he was with us , his track record on the other team is also good.

Quick Reply

Connection Problems

Connection issue

LFC Reds is temporarily unavailable - check back in the next few minutes.