Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Liverpool's New Back Room - Your Choice

Read 58185 times
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Re: Liverpool's New Back Room - Your Choice
      Reply #69: Jun 09, 2015 02:03:11 pm

Dont think he's worked since he left us Shabs.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #70: Jun 09, 2015 03:11:45 pm
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #71: Jun 09, 2015 03:22:16 pm
      Do people want Sami because he's the best we can get or because he used to play for us?

Not trying to be awkward here but if we have sacked the backroom staff I would hope it is because we are going to hire the very best guys we can get.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #72: Jun 09, 2015 03:30:14 pm
      Do people want Sami because he's the best we can get or because he used to play for us?

Not trying to be awkward here but if we have sacked the backroom staff I would hope it is because we are going to hire the very best guys we can get.

I agree Si.  We need experience, tacticians and winners, those who've coached at the highest level, who understand the nuances of European competition, seeing out a 38 game League run, whilst competing on 4 fronts.

Sami for all we love him doesn't bring that, not yet anyway but by all means bring him in to be mentored for the future  ;)
      Bier
      Reply #73: Jun 09, 2015 03:58:20 pm
      I agree Si.  We need experience, tacticians and winners, those who've coached at the highest level, who understand the nuances of European competition, seeing out a 38 game League run, whilst competing on 4 fronts.

Sami for all we love him doesn't bring that, not yet anyway but by all means bring him in to be mentored for the future  ;)

So basically, we're looking for an assistant who is a better manager than Brendan is?
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #74: Jun 09, 2015 04:02:37 pm
      So basically, we're looking for an assistant who is a better manager than Brendan is?

Not really Bier, just someone who compliments him and his methods whilst bringing things to the Club that Brendan's lacking.

I see no point changing the coaching staff otherwise.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #75: Jun 09, 2015 04:07:32 pm
      I remember when we were going through some horrendous times defensivley under Houllier and we played Sheffield Wednesday and beat them 4-1 (Stevie's first goal I think) but the main think i took away was how Sami kept gesturing to the keeper and other defenders to calm down as everyone was a flustered as F**k....he bought a calming presence to our team and was a magnificent leader....

He wouldn't be a bad choice for me....
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #76: Jun 09, 2015 04:07:49 pm
      This Klopp thing won't go away either

COMMENT: Jürgen Klopp would be interested in a move to the Premier League and would not be restricted to a top four club, his agent has claimed.

More Here

Said he wouldn't mind working under a DoF either. Something Rodgers refused to do when hired.

So Rodger's right hand man and Marsh have been shown the door. Are FSG waiting for Rodgers to resign perhaps?
      Bier
      Reply #77: Jun 09, 2015 04:15:46 pm
      Not really Bier, just someone who compliments him and his methods whilst bringing things to the Club that Brendan's lacking.

I see no point changing the coaching staff otherwise.

Honestly, it kind of read more like someone to make up for his many short comings than someone who compliments him.

I don't know, it seems strange that someone with Sami's background and leadership qualities would not even be considered good enough to be an assistant here.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #78: Jun 09, 2015 04:31:44 pm
      Honestly, it kind of read more like someone to make up for his many short comings than someone who compliments him.

I don't know, it seems strange that someone with Sami's background and leadership qualities would not even be considered good enough to be an assistant here.

Because we need to strengthen our management/coaching team mate and despite Samis background and leadership he just doesn't have the required know how yet.

It's only my opinion though.
      Bier
      Reply #79: Jun 09, 2015 04:42:52 pm
      Because we need to strengthen our management/coaching team mate and despite Samis background and leadership he just doesn't have the required know how yet.

It's only my opinion though.

I know Debs, it's not a personal attack or anything. Sami has more experience managing a big club, managing in Europa League and Champions League aswell, than Brendan did when we hired him as our manager.

I think he can probably add alot when it comes to our defense, and also when it comes to European experience. I hope they'll at least consider him and have talks with him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #80: Jun 09, 2015 04:57:10 pm

I'm one who always maintained that I'd the backroom staff go Brendan goes Bier.

So in a way I agree with your point.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #81: Jun 09, 2015 04:58:38 pm
      I know Debs, it's not a personal attack or anything. Sami has more experience managing a big club, managing in Europa League and Champions League aswell, than Brendan did when we hired him as our manager.

I think he can probably add alot when it comes to our defense, and also when it comes to European experience. I hope they'll at least consider him and have talks with him.

All very true mate and at this stage we've no idea who we'll replace them with.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #82: Jun 09, 2015 08:15:41 pm
      This Klopp thing won't go away either

COMMENT: Jürgen Klopp would be interested in a move to the Premier League and would not be restricted to a top four club, his agent has claimed.

More Here

Said he wouldn't mind working under a DoF either. Something Rodgers refused to do when hired.

So Rodger's right hand man and Marsh have been shown the door. Are FSG waiting for Rodgers to resign perhaps?
      Klopp for assistant manager! :laugh:
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #83: Jun 09, 2015 08:16:35 pm

Yeah I hear Mourinho makes a mean brew too.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #84: Jun 09, 2015 08:19:40 pm
      Quite why I stuck that post in the assistant manager thread is beyond me :D
      DOBBS83
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 34 
      • @chrisdobbs83
      Reply #85: Jun 10, 2015 05:47:52 am
      If Rodgers stays then Pako for No2 role. If Klopp is appointed (which I believe he will be) then his own No2.

Monchi from Seville to be DOF.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #86: Jun 10, 2015 12:01:39 pm
      If Rodgers stays then Pako for No2 role. If Klopp is appointed (which I believe he will be) then his own No2.

Monchi from Seville to be DOF.

We should he approaching someone like Monchi no matter who is going to be the coaches or manager.

He then decides who comes in to work below him and to what template.

The more if thought about it over the last day or so I see the appointment of a DoF or Sporting Director is the key appointment for us this summer.

I'd even go as far as to say I'd rather keep Brendan in place while we get this done and even give him time to work under a new DoF to see if his coaching will come back to the fore again.

If we had a 'Monchi' sorting our transfers, youth set up and generally putting in place a vision for the future and leave Brendan to coaching along it could take the pressure off him and maybe, just maybe we'll see an improvement.

Ideally for me the manager should have went along with the coaches and we start with a clean slate but that appears to be not an option so a proper football guy to run the club is essential even more so than nee coaches in my opinion.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #87: Jun 10, 2015 12:37:57 pm
      We should he approaching someone like Monchi no matter who is going to be the coaches or manager.

He then decides who comes in to work below him and to what template.

The more if thought about it over the last day or so I see the appointment of a DoF or Sporting Director is the key appointment for us this summer.

I'd even go as far as to say I'd rather keep Brendan in place while we get this done and even give him time to work under a new DoF to see if his coaching will come back to the fore again.

If we had a 'Monchi' sorting our transfers, youth set up and generally putting in place a vision for the future and leave Brendan to coaching along it could take the pressure off him and maybe, just maybe we'll see an improvement.

Ideally for me the manager should have went along with the coaches and we start with a clean slate but that appears to be not an option so a proper football guy to run the club is essential even more so than nee coaches in my opinion.

This actually makes a lot of sense to me Si, bring in someone to oversee the overall running of the football side and leave Brendan to do what he does best which is to coach. 

Having said that I've heard it's going to be totally the opposite.  Brendan is moving up to "Manage", having more say in transfers and the new coaches will take over the bulk of the coaching. 

I'm not sure that's the way to go and who knows what the F**k's going on but it's supposedly to do with him complaining about the players brought in and his lack of coaching time when we've got midweek games, especially now we've got such a big squad.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #88: Jun 11, 2015 08:22:59 am
      Having said that I've heard it's going to be totally the opposite.  Brendan is moving up to "Manage", having more say in transfers and the new coaches will take over the bulk of the coaching. 

incredible.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #89: Jun 11, 2015 08:24:28 am
      Has there ever been such a highly publicized search for assistant coaches?

this whole situation is just so bizarre.

I don't think I can even name any assistant coaches at other clubs.  Maybe Brian Kidd at City.  but that's about it.

if the assistant coaches are so important why is there not a huge uproar at other clubs about what assistant coaches they hire?

why are we going through all of this just to find a f**king assistant coach?!

are FSG really so delusional that they think we were so sh*te last season because of.... the assistant coaches?!!?

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #90: Jun 11, 2015 09:58:45 am
      Isn't it sad that with all these excellent candidates about there were some supporters who were happy with Colin Pascoe? This problem should have been dealt with 2 years ago, but the brilliance of Suarez masked the problem for some. Without him the truth has been horribly laid bare.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #91: Jun 11, 2015 10:14:39 am
      Isn't it sad that with all these excellent candidates about there were some supporters who were happy with Colin Pascoe? This problem should have been dealt with 2 years ago, but the brilliance of Suarez masked the problem for some. Without him the truth has been horribly laid bare.

Interesting, how you've concluded Colin Pascoe is the root of all our ills; you are John Henry, and I claim 5 pound.

Quick Reply