Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 118850 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #299: Jul 25, 2015 07:09:44 pm
      Thought he said 'pub'

Either way, classic :D

It was pub!

Great interview and a really nice humble lad. Quite like what I've seen from in pre-season, looks quick and sharp and as Robbie says in the interview, very hard working. I'm scratching my head as to why Origi has been getting the lion share of the minutes in the matches tbh. The lad has some promise but Ings looks by far the more natural striker.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #300: Jul 25, 2015 07:21:42 pm
      Can only concur with previous posts appears very level headed and down to earth. You get the impression that he is one of those players that would run through a brick wall for the shirt. Hope that's the case and we see him flourish this season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #301: Jul 25, 2015 07:33:39 pm
      I also like the look of him and seems like a fairly intelligent young man which is always a big plus for a striker.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #302: Jul 25, 2015 08:06:30 pm
      I also like the look of him and seems like a fairly intelligent young man which is always a big plus for a striker.

Don't know about that mate. Ian Rush was no Einstein but it didn't do him  much harm.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #303: Jul 25, 2015 10:53:38 pm
      It was pub!

Great interview and a really nice humble lad. Quite like what I've seen from in pre-season, looks quick and sharp and as Robbie says in the interview, very hard working. I'm scratching my head as to why Origi has been getting the lion share of the minutes in the matches tbh. The lad has some promise but Ings looks by far the more natural striker.

Only thing I can think of (last game at least) was that Ings played in that one hour friendly match where he scored a hat trick. Perhaps it was a toss up between Origi and Ings as to who played in which match. Either or, it would have been a bit much to play the next day in a 90min game

But anyways at 60 and 70 minutes I too was like...where's Ings?
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #304: Jul 25, 2015 10:54:48 pm
      Don't know about that mate. Ian Rush was no Einstein but it didn't do him  much harm.

Exactly.

Rushie didn't know the theory of relativity, but he did know where the goal was :D
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #305: Jul 30, 2015 10:45:23 pm
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #306: Jul 30, 2015 10:56:49 pm
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #307: Jul 30, 2015 10:56:58 pm

When we compare Ings to what we had even as 2nd choice (given Sturridge's almost permanent absence) it does give confidence.

Ings compared to Borini or Lambert, especially for how we play will be night and day. Can see him doing quite well for us, obviously not top scorer as I think Benteke will have that in the bag but pushing for 2nd without doubt in my mind.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #308: Jul 31, 2015 01:51:54 pm
      he has to be a starter for Europa and all the League cup/FA cup games. Sturridge when fit should  not be anywhere near the cup games or Europe games at all he should stick to league this season and thats it
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 334 
      Reply #309: Aug 31, 2015 10:09:26 pm
      From what I saw of the West Ham loss, Danny's a player we need to find room for.  He offers pace and movement and a creative brain, and he's direct once he has the ball, always looking to score.  Perfect foil for Benteke, I reckon.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #310: Aug 31, 2015 11:54:20 pm
      From what I saw of the West Ham loss, Danny's a player we need to find room for.  He offers pace and movement and a creative brain, and he's direct once he has the ball, always looking to score.  Perfect foil for Benteke, I reckon.

Just a shame we probably wont see more of him because Rodgers seems to prefer to bring on Moreno instead.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #311: Sep 01, 2015 08:33:24 am
      It's a shame he's so underrated, i really think this lad could help us more.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #312: Sep 01, 2015 03:52:43 pm
      Play him against UTD we've never been able to sustain one striker up top its a pointless formation as opposition defenders have less to deal with and can double up on a loan man. Ings or Origi running round will improve Big ben as his knock ons will actually go to someone in an attacking position instead of backwards. BR needs to realise and change formation next game
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,652 posts | 481 
      Reply #313: Sep 20, 2015 06:23:36 pm
      Well done for the goal.

Finally someone who shows aggression in our team.Really miss that.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #314: Sep 20, 2015 06:25:39 pm
      Well done for the goal.

Finally someone who shows aggression in our team.Really miss that.

Couldn't agree more, it's exactly what we need. It highlights that it actually means something to him and so it should. Of course a lot of players like to keep emotions in check but a bit more of that exuberance will fire others up and get them playing a level above with a weight of expectation on them. I'd be starting him against Villa personally.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #315: Sep 20, 2015 06:29:08 pm
      Aggressive, hard working, more skillful than most think, Ings has been great in every appearance he's made so far. Start him next time out.
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,652 posts | 481 
      Reply #316: Sep 20, 2015 06:35:13 pm
      Aggressive, hard working, more skillful than most think, Ings has been great in every appearance he's made so far. Start him next time out.
      He might start in the league cup but i highly doubt if he started ahead of Benteke(if fit) in the league.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #317: Sep 20, 2015 07:02:38 pm
      Amazing what he can do when played in his natural position. Looked a handful when he came on, took his goal well and worked hard. Best performance from our man up top so far. Says a lot when you've paid £32mill for someone else.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #318: Sep 20, 2015 07:04:29 pm
      Amazing what he can do when played in his natural position. Looked a handful when he came on, took his goal well and worked hard. Best performance from our man up top so far. Says a lot when you've paid £32mill for someone else.

Benteke has also scored goals for us. Both are good players regardless of the price tags.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #319: Sep 20, 2015 07:07:01 pm
      Benteke has also scored goals for us. Both are good players regardless of the price tags.

I'm not doubting either of theirs ability, I'm just saying who has given the best performance so far.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #320: Sep 20, 2015 07:13:18 pm
      Ings can only get better
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,684 posts | 6690 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #321: Sep 20, 2015 09:45:28 pm
      Congrats Danny on scoring in front of The Kop. May there be many, many, many more.

Quick Reply