Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D7 L8

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 119025 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #345: Sep 26, 2015 11:16:46 pm
      Some people should be red in the face after the absolutely absurd negativity shown towards this lad before he ever signed for us. Public apology should be given for such idiocy. Just as predicted, Danny is putting everything into every game and is playing far better than any backup striker we've had in years.

"Not as good as Borini", good Lord that comment still haunts me. You know who you are. Shame on you.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #346: Sep 26, 2015 11:39:06 pm
      Really puts in a effort and never stops running but does it make up for his his lack ability to be a top class forward? He is a good foil for the quality of Sturridge to drag defenders away so maybe.

Wouldn't say he has a lack of ability. Not seen him dribble much, but his first touch is great and he has a good burst of speed. Add that to decent movement, and solid heading and shooting and I'd say he isn't lacking on the ability front.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,743 posts | 6718 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #347: Sep 27, 2015 07:17:10 am
      Reckon he's going to be a star for us. Wished he had got on the scoresheet.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #348: Sep 27, 2015 07:56:11 am
      Have we sorted out a fee for this lad yet? Whatever is is he's worth it!
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #349: Sep 27, 2015 08:42:08 am
      Huyton nailed it, very much reminds me of Bellamy.

Suarez was a determined little player too, not too dissimilar to Mr Ings.

Having a player like Ings in the side, should lift the determination of team mates around him, it would me.

He also can play a bit too and has a good burst of pace on him. Good signing.

Don't really know how Benteke fits in comparison, Danny Ings fits much better IMO. I suppose Benteke offers different options but at 32 million and given his style, would he or Brendan settle behind Ings in the pecking order,,, I think not.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #350: Oct 01, 2015 12:52:39 pm
      Another Danny for Roy to destroy.

Good for him though  ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #351: Oct 01, 2015 10:13:38 pm
      When he went off tonight our attacking play disappeared. His movement and pressing I simply love, that kind of effort, well I'm sold on him personally. Exactly the type of player we need against the bluenoses but I don't think he'll start.

MsGerrard
      Reply #352: Oct 02, 2015 04:30:34 pm
      When he went off tonight our attacking play disappeared. His movement and pressing I simply love, that kind of effort, well I'm sold on him personally. Exactly the type of player we need against the bluenoses but I don't think he'll start.

I think he will start him Luke, that's why he took him off....could well be wrong of course, but I hope he does.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #353: Oct 02, 2015 05:23:29 pm
      We really need Danny Ings he is exactly the type of player needed in a Derby. Make yourself a legend on Sunday Danny .
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #354: Oct 02, 2015 05:31:20 pm
      I think he will start him Luke, that's why he took him off....could well be wrong of course, but I hope he does.

Really hope so, just one of those 'Lovren' feelings about Benteke, I think he'll be back in the team the moment the opportunity arises.

(This isn't a dig at Big Ben, I think he's been good but feel Ings fits better and Big Ben may well get the favourite treatment.)
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #355: Oct 02, 2015 06:33:42 pm
      Some people should be red in the face after the absolutely absurd negativity shown towards this lad before he ever signed for us. Public apology should be given for such idiocy. Just as predicted, Danny is putting everything into every game and is playing far better than any backup striker we've had in years.

"Not as good as Borini", good Lord that comment still haunts me. You know who you are. Shame on you.

No one should be red faced or embarrassed. People simply had an opinion and did not rate him, what's so absurd about that? However, when we signed him,  I saw nothing but support for Ings, really don't see the problem?

As for Borini, they are similar players in which one is getting an opportunity and the other hasn't, who knows what would have happened if he gave Borini a run of games.

As for Ings, it's only been a handful where he has impressed, his work rate is infectious and has a very good first touch, but can he maintain this consistency? guess we'll have to wait and see! I see him and Sturridge as our main front 2 players, so I wonder where that would leave Benteke?
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #356: Oct 03, 2015 12:37:56 am
      No one should be red faced or embarrassed. People simply had an opinion and did not rate him, what's so absurd about that? However, when we signed him,  I saw nothing but support for Ings, really don't see the problem?

As for Borini, they are similar players in which one is getting an opportunity and the other hasn't, who knows what would have happened if he gave Borini a run of games.

As for Ings, it's only been a handful where he has impressed, his work rate is infectious and has a very good first touch, but can he maintain this consistency? guess we'll have to wait and see! I see him and Sturridge as our main front 2 players, so I wonder where that would leave Benteke?

What are you talking about! People were saying that Ings was nowhere near close to being at the level of player for this club. Saying it's a travesty that we shed £5million for him (at the very most). As far as I'm concerned you should keep your mouth shut if you're football knowledge is go god damn sh*te that you can't spot Danny Ings is a good signing. Keep saying this but... Aren't we meant to be the most intelligent fan base in the Prem? Not from where I'm sitting. The level of talent spotting amongst fans has been atrocious for years, can't remember how many times I've had to bang on the drum for a player for literally years sometimes before the penny drops for some clowns.

So yea I suppose you're right people do have a right to an opinion, but at the same time they should still be embarrassed to have such an idiotic one to start with.

And as for Borini, that lad was an embarrassment, another one which took people years to realise he was a money grabbing piece of sh*t. 'Oh he wasn't given a chance' bullshit he wasn't. Same people saying that are the ones complaining about Rogers only playing 'his signings'. Borini was signed right at the start and every time he was given a chance he looked sh*te. Red card against Arsenal was a disgrace, finishing was horrible and his spacial awareness was worse than a dyspraxic on acid.

It really is infuriating to see so much sheer idiocy and lack of football knowledge from so many. I can count the number of knowledgable posters on here without taking my socks off. What the F**k has happened? Where the hell is this famous knowledge I keep hearing about? All I keep hearing is crap like 'We shouldn't waste our time on Ings' or 'Borini should start more games'. All the way back to 'Swap Henderson for Dempsey' 'Robbie Keane will be a world class signing' 'Lucas is the worst player I've ever seen'... It's really starting to wear on me the amount of utterly butterly sh*te I read, opinions that are embarrassing for anyone who has half a footballing brain. We are meant to be a team but we're only as fast as our slowest marcher, and by christ we're slow right now.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #357: Oct 03, 2015 02:00:15 am
      What are you talking about! People were saying that Ings was nowhere near close to being at the level of player for this club. Saying it's a travesty that we shed £5million for him (at the very most).

Again, people have their take and opinion on players because they've watched them play. No one, not even you or scouts get it right all the time, so where is the problem in not rating a player and having doubts before he joins us? The main thing is, he gets the right support when he joins us, which he has thus far.

Keep saying this but... Aren't we meant to be the most intelligent fan base in the Prem? Not from where I'm sitting. The level of talent spotting amongst fans has been atrocious for years, can't remember how many times I've had to bang on the drum for a player for literally years sometimes before the penny drops for some clowns.

Who actually believes we're the most intelligent fan base in the Prem? I don't think you can measure/count how intelligent a fan base is. We are no different to any other fan base in world football.

And as for Borini, that lad was an embarrassment, another one which took people years to realise he was a money grabbing piece of sh*t. 'Oh he wasn't given a chance' bullshit he wasn't. Same people saying that are the ones complaining about Rogers only playing 'his signings'. Borini was signed right at the start and every time he was given a chance he looked sh*te. Red card against Arsenal was a disgrace, finishing was horrible and his spacial awareness was worse than a dyspraxic on acid.

So yea I suppose you're right people do have a right to an opinion, but at the same time they should still be embarrassed to have such an idiotic one to start with.

I'm sure you, like me, and everyone here has posted some embarrassing and idiotic stuff during our time ;)

It really is infuriating to see so much sheer idiocy and lack of football knowledge from so many. I can count the number of knowledgable posters on here without taking my socks off. What the f**k has happened? Where the hell is this famous knowledge I keep hearing about? All I keep hearing is crap like 'We shouldn't waste our time on Ings' or 'Borini should start more games'. All the way back to 'Swap Henderson for Dempsey' 'Robbie Keane will be a world class signing' 'Lucas is the worst player I've ever seen'... It's really starting to wear on me the amount of utterly butterly sh*te I read, opinions that are embarrassing for anyone who has half a footballing brain. We are meant to be a team but we're only as fast as our slowest marcher, and by christ we're slow right now.

I just see opinions and try to form an idea on why they rate or don't rate certain players. I understand why some don't fancy Hendo, why they feel Lucas is not good enough, or why Can would be a beast of a DM etc. Maybe it doesn't make sense to you, maybe not to me too, but in no way is it idiotic or embarrassing.

As far as I'm concerned you should keep your mouth shut if you're football knowledge is go god damn sh*te that you can't spot Danny Ings is a good signing.

I hope they don't and carry on posting their opinions and not be put off by posters that come across as aggressive or angry.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #358: Oct 03, 2015 09:47:40 am
      What are you talking about! People were saying that Ings was nowhere near close to being at the level of player for this club. Saying it's a travesty that we shed £5million for him (at the very most). As far as I'm concerned you should keep your mouth shut if you're football knowledge is go god damn sh*te that you can't spot Danny Ings is a good signing. Keep saying this but... Aren't we meant to be the most intelligent fan base in the Prem? Not from where I'm sitting. The level of talent spotting amongst fans has been atrocious for years, can't remember how many times I've had to bang on the drum for a player for literally years sometimes before the penny drops for some clowns.

It really is infuriating to see so much sheer idiocy and lack of football knowledge from so many. I can count the number of knowledgable posters on here without taking my socks off. What the F**k has happened? Where the hell is this famous knowledge I keep hearing about? All I keep hearing is crap like 'We shouldn't waste our time on Ings' or 'Borini should start more games'. All the way back to 'Swap Henderson for Dempsey' 'Robbie Keane will be a world class signing' 'Lucas is the worst player I've ever seen'... It's really starting to wear on me the amount of utterly butterly sh*te I read, opinions that are embarrassing for anyone who has half a footballing brain. We are meant to be a team but we're only as fast as our slowest marcher, and by christ we're slow right now.

No offence but you go on like you've never been wrong about how highly you rate a player.

The thing is, some don't rate him that highly because his finishing is known to let him down at crucial times (a bit like Origi really). The praise I've seen for him has mainly been about his work rate and attitude. I have no problem with who other people rate, we're all different, we all have different opinions and ideas. It seems to be grinding on you quite a bit, chill out and just don't acknowledge certain people.

Why would you need to take your socks off to count your toes btw? :D
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #359: Oct 03, 2015 11:27:56 am
      No offence but you go on like you've never been wrong about how highly you rate a player.

The thing is, some don't rate him that highly because his finishing is known to let him down at crucial times (a bit like Origi really). The praise I've seen for him has mainly been about his work rate and attitude. I have no problem with who other people rate, we're all different, we all have different opinions and ideas. It seems to be grinding on you quite a bit, chill out and just don't acknowledge certain people.

Why would you need to take your socks off to count your toes btw? :D

I'm wrong all the time, the difference is that I along with a few others can actually back down and say 'got that one wrong' where there is an increasing number now who simply won't admit they were wrong and are unwavering in their ignorance.

Good question about the toes :laugh: I'm sure that's a figure of speech I've heard before and not something I've just made up (I hope so anyway) :P
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #360: Oct 03, 2015 05:02:18 pm
      Again, people have their take and opinion on players because they've watched them play.

I disagree here. More often than not, people have very little clue about the players we buy or have only seen them play against us, which is hardly a large enough sample size.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #361: Oct 03, 2015 11:42:42 pm
      Yeah Danny Ings has already got the Barca scouts on alert  ;)

But seriously he must be the oldest looking 23 year old in the world?
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #362: Oct 04, 2015 08:59:34 am
      Ings has real potential to forge himself cult hero status among the fans, i just get that feel about him. Scoring the winner today would be a big step in that direction!
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #363: Oct 04, 2015 09:38:58 am
      I hope I am wrong, but I genuinely don't see Ings as a prolific frontline striker. I think he may score some important goals like Kuyt, but will never be a consistent scorer.  10 to 12 goals a season rather than around the 20 mark is how I see him.

A good hard working player but not one for the record books. Only my opinion so need for any anger or abuse.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #364: Oct 04, 2015 10:06:59 am
      I hope I am wrong, but I genuinely don't see Ings as a prolific frontline striker. I think he may score some important goals like Kuyt, but will never be a consistent scorer.  10 to 12 goals a season rather than around the 20 mark is how I see him.

A good hard working player but not one for the record books. Only my opinion so need for any anger or abuse.

I don't see him breaking any records either Saint, but I definitely think he'll contribute a lot more than Borini. A hard worker that will create space for Sturridge and Benteke to reap the rewards, and hopefully chip in with a few important goals like Kuyt.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4917 
      Reply #365: Oct 04, 2015 10:19:39 am

Still a very handy player to have in our squad though Saint.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #366: Oct 04, 2015 11:54:43 am
      Hope he plays and makes a hero of himself today.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #367: Oct 04, 2015 12:46:20 pm
      Yeah Danny Ings has already got the Barca scouts on alert  ;)

But seriously he must be the oldest looking 23 year old in the world?

If he shaved that facial hair off I bet he'd look about 15 :D

Quick Reply