Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 119065 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #437: Oct 16, 2015 08:05:09 am
      F***ing gutted. Get well soon Danny.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #438: Oct 16, 2015 06:08:51 pm
      I really love the way this lad has won "most" of us over.He's a real credit to the shirt.Given time i'm positive he will be a star at Anfield.Stay positive Danny lad,and get better real quick kidda.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #439: Oct 16, 2015 09:15:18 pm
      This lad has Kop idol written all through him.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,148 posts | 258 
      Reply #440: Oct 17, 2015 11:26:44 am
      I really love the way this lad has won "most" of us over.He's a real credit to the shirt.Given time i'm positive he will be a star at Anfield.Stay positive Danny lad,and get better real quick kidda.
      This.

Get well soon Danny.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #441: Oct 19, 2015 01:28:39 pm

Liverpool FC striker Ings will undergo surgery on Tuesday - but injury might not be as bad as first feared

Reds front man suffered 'clean' tear and has not given up hope of playing this season

The 23-year-old suffered a partial tear of his anterior cruciate ligament in training at Melwood last week, and will go under the knife in London on Tuesday

Initial fears were that the problem could keep him out of action for up to nine months, ruling him out of the rest of this season as well as next summer's European Championships.

Ings, though, is targeting a swifter return. The injury is what is known by professionals as a ā€œcleanā€ tear, with the rest of the ligaments and muscles around his left knee unaffected by the issue in his cruciate ligament.

A clearer timeframe will emerge once surgery is completed, but Ings, who has been able to walk virtually untroubled since suffering the injury, is hopeful that he can make his comeback before the end of the season.

That will come as a boost to Reds boss JĆ¼rgen Klopp, who also lost young defender Joe Gomez to a cruciate ligament injury last week.

And in an interview with the Daily Telegraph on Friday, Ings vowed to catch the German's eye by approaching his recovery with complete professionalism.

He said: ā€œThe only way I can get in his thoughts and show him what a good professional I am is the way I am in the gym or by being positive around the lads.

ā€œSometimes negativity can rub off on players and I donā€™t want to affect their performance. When you are injured you have to keep a positive mindset and keep moving forward.

ā€œThere will be a few down days when I am not feeling myself and I am gutted I cannot be out with the team. But I am trying to stay as positive as I can be.ā€

Gomez, meanwhile, is also due to undergo surgery this week, having suffered his own ACL tear playing for England U21s last Tuesday.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-fc-striker-ings-undergo-10287591
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #442: Oct 19, 2015 01:43:52 pm
      A little better news that Debs, thanks for posting it.
      cocker the red
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 129 posts | 10 
      Reply #443: Jan 02, 2016 04:39:12 pm
      This fella would have made a big difference had he been fit. The biggest disappointment of the season so far😩😩
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1272 
      Reply #444: Jan 02, 2016 04:58:25 pm
      This fella would have made a big difference had he been fit. The biggest disappointment of the season so far😩😩

I was thinking exactly the same. We've only seen him a few times yet he has a far better attitude than the majority of these chodes.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #445: Jan 02, 2016 05:01:59 pm
      I was thinking exactly the same. We've only seen him a few times yet he has a far better attitude than the majority of these chodes.

Let's stop this bigging up of players, he's not good enough to lead the line for LFC, even if he offers better movement than Benteke.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #446: Jan 02, 2016 05:03:44 pm

Let's stop this bigging up of players, he's not good enough to lead the line for LFC, even if he offers better movement than Benteke.

if we have genuine ambitions for the club we should be asking is he good enough to lead the line for Arsenal or Real Madrid and the answer is no he isnt
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1272 
      Reply #447: Jan 02, 2016 05:07:05 pm

Come off it, a freebie is a no brainer. I could see the point of we were bigging him up and he cost Ā£30 million, but it says it all when I'd rather keep a freebie than the lazy multimillion fuckers who were supposed to be 'marquee signings'.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,237 posts | 4924 
      Reply #448: Jan 02, 2016 07:46:20 pm
      I quite like what I've seen of Danny but you know we have problems when we start to pine for a player who was playing Championship football a couple of seasons ago.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #449: Feb 02, 2016 11:25:25 am
      Fantastic news for Danny and us.

Klopp provides update on Danny Ings' rehabilitation

Danny Ings will take the latest small step on his long road to recovery by working outside at Melwood today for the first time since his injury, JĆ¼rgen Klopp has revealed.

The striker made a bright start to life with Liverpool earlier in the season, scoring three goals in eight appearances and making a debut for England after his summer switch from Burnley.

But an anterior cruciate ligament injury suffered during training in October prevented Ings from building on that encouraging form as Klopp took the managerial reins at Anfield.

Since that misfortune, the 23-year-oldā€™s hard work has been transferred from the pitch to the gym, though the boss has provided a positive update on his rehabilitation.

ā€œI had lunch with Ingsy a few minutes ago,ā€ Klopp said on Monday ahead of the Redsā€™ Barclays Premier League clash with Leicester City this evening.

ā€œHeā€™s not in the perfect way, but Tuesday will be his first time outside again. Heā€™s still a long way away from being available but heā€™s here.ā€

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/205711-klopp-provides-update-on-danny-ings-rehabilitation
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #450: Feb 02, 2016 02:40:59 pm
      Absolute soonest he would be able to come back from that injury is October so unfortunately he is a ways off. If he comes back before then count me amazed.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #451: Feb 02, 2016 02:54:45 pm
      Absolute soonest he would be able to come back from that injury is October so unfortunately he is a ways off. If he comes back before then count me amazed.

Why is that mate?

He will be back in full training by June if his rehab goes to plan.

Surely he will be ready for start of next season?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #452: Feb 02, 2016 02:57:21 pm
      when you look at this season if it were not for bad luck we would have had no luck at all
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #453: Feb 02, 2016 03:01:45 pm

He's aiming for mid to late March mate and that seems pretty achievable if he's started outdoor training already, unless he has a set back.  They said right from the start that his injury wasn't as bad as Gomez, who I don't expect to be back training before pre season.

What makes you think it'll be October?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #454: Feb 02, 2016 03:17:40 pm
      He's aiming for mid to late March mate and that seems pretty achievable if he's started outdoor training already, unless he has a set back.  They said right from the start that his injury wasn't as bad as Gomez, who I don't expect to be back training before pre season.

might make the Europa league final then ;)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #455: Feb 02, 2016 03:22:24 pm
      might make the Europa league final then ;)

And the FA Cup Final  ;D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,313 posts | 6378 
      Reply #456: Feb 02, 2016 03:41:19 pm

In the NFL, ACL injuries are usually a year long rehab. Don't know why soccer would be different, in fact I'd think it would be tougher because of the constant stress in the joint.

A few exceptional athletes were able to cut that year down to around 8 months or so but that's not the norm.

Hopefully I'm wrong but there's also a psychological factor as well with that type of injury.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #457: Feb 02, 2016 03:47:29 pm
      In the NFL, ACL injuries are usually a year long rehab. Don't know why soccer would be different, in fact I'd think it would be tougher because of the constant stress in the joint.

A few exceptional athletes were able to cut that year down to around 8 months or so but that's not the norm.

Hopefully I'm wrong but there's also a psychological factor as well with that type of injury.

It's usually anything from 6-9mths depending on the severity but it can get to 12mths and above if the surgery wasn't successful first time round.

As for the psychology thing, he's a pretty tough cookie mentally so I doubt it'll effect him unless he has some set backs.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #458: Feb 21, 2016 01:45:42 pm
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #459: Feb 21, 2016 01:55:59 pm
      Whilst it's not great having players suffering such serious injuries, at least he and Gomez have the support of each other to get through the rehab hopefully in time for pre-season.

Quick Reply