Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 118838 times
      KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #460: Feb 21, 2016 04:30:04 pm
      I'd be interested to see if there is an quantitative research on the physical impact of an ACL injury.

Off the top of my head I can't think of many players who've got back to the level they were at before physically, given Ings' game is all about speed and movement surely this is major concern.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #461: Feb 21, 2016 06:18:53 pm
      I'd be interested to see if there is an quantitative research on the physical impact of an ACL injury.

Off the top of my head I can't think of many players who've got back to the level they were at before physically, given Ings' game is all about speed and movement surely this is major concern.

I agree with this. The only player I can think of that's come back from a serious ACL and still performed at a high level when returned is Ruud van Nistelrooy. What about the Brazilian Ronaldo? Not sure what injury he had before, was it also an ACL?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #462: Feb 21, 2016 08:39:06 pm
      Ings seems to me to be the exact type of player that Klopp can make into a much better player. Wholehearted, young, quite fast and hard working. If he comes back physically o.k. I think he may come back a much better player under Klopp's guidance.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #463: Feb 21, 2016 10:21:06 pm

Ings is no speed merchant and has never relied on it either so I think he will be ok when he comes back.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #464: Feb 21, 2016 10:26:29 pm
      Ings is no speed merchant and has never relied on it either so I think he will be ok when he comes back.

Seemed quick enough during the games he played in for us.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #465: Feb 21, 2016 10:34:06 pm
      Seemed quick enough during the games he played in for us.

Depends who you compare him to.......Benteke then yes he is blistering........Ibe, Origi then maybe not that rapid.

KS67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,475 posts | 463 
      Reply #466: Feb 23, 2016 04:57:48 pm

I seriously question that. He may not have straight line speed but for what I saw of him for Burnley and us, he clearly needs a zip to his player in order to succeed. That requires speed and agility.

He is clearly a player who is quick of mind and foot, looking to exploit space and often dribble.

He isn't Obafemi Martins yes but his game was around zipping around and getting a yard on defenders. That requires acceleration and agility, both of which can be hampered post ACL.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #467: Mar 18, 2016 06:09:54 pm
      Any news on Danny. Will he have a pre season?
      MsGerrard
      Reply #468: Mar 18, 2016 10:23:21 pm
      Any news on Danny. Will he have a pre season?

Seen him recently doing some light training at Melwood...slow but sure wins the day  :)
      Rockafella88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 267 posts | 83 
      Reply #469: Mar 20, 2016 11:59:14 am
      Really like him as a player, I feel under Klopp will be a massive success.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #470: Mar 30, 2016 10:44:28 pm
      Really looking forward to him getting fit and showing us all what he can do.
      I think he could be excellent for us.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #471: Mar 30, 2016 10:48:45 pm
      Really looking forward to him getting fit and showing us all what he can do.
      I think he could be excellent for us.

I like your optimism, but this is the type of injury that can completely wreck a players career.  I hope he is able to get back to full strength....
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #472: Mar 30, 2016 10:52:14 pm
      I like your optimism, but this is the type of injury that can completely wreck a players career.  I hope he is able to get back to full strength....

It can either destroy him or define him. Personally think it will be the latter once he's nursed back to good health.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #473: Mar 30, 2016 11:19:23 pm
      I certainly hope so.
      He seems to be the kind of player to really excel under klopp and his philosophy.
      Not saying that he is good enough but just that he deserves a chance.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #474: Mar 31, 2016 12:29:45 am
      It can either destroy him or define him. Personally think it will be the latter once he's nursed back to good health.

I hope so!!  I really like his attitude and work ethic, and he seemed to be finding his stride right as he got injured.  I'll be thrilled if he can become a new version of Kuyt -- someone we can look to for 10+ goals a season while also doing the dirty work on the defensive side of the ball. 
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #475: Apr 01, 2016 04:39:59 am
      Could of done with Ings this season, looks like the type of player we needed in there. Get the feeling he'll be a great player to to have on the pitch with Lallana.With their movement and work rate.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #476: Apr 22, 2016 10:57:37 pm
      Expected back before end of season.

Fingers crossed for him - he was one of the rare shining lights at the started the season, and always busted a gut in every match he's played.

Top man who does a hell of a lot for charity too (setting up his own too).
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #477: Apr 22, 2016 11:03:56 pm

Fingers crossed for him - he was one of the rare shining lights at the started the season, and always busted a gut in every match he's played.

Good news! Expected to start training with the team within two weeks.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #478: Apr 22, 2016 11:04:44 pm
      Delighted for the lad. He was putting in some good performances before he got injured.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #479: Apr 22, 2016 11:08:37 pm

Fingers crossed indeed because for a player like Danny who is all action and movement, he could not have had a worse injury.

I will admit I had my reservations when we signed him and that doubt has been slightly hardened that he might not be up to the mark, hopefully he proves me wrong.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #480: Apr 23, 2016 01:27:46 am

I don't think you'll see him back in a red shirt until next season.

He may well be back in training, but I don't think Klopp will rush him back.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #481: Apr 23, 2016 08:00:57 pm
      I don't think you'll see him back in a red shirt until next season.

He may well be back in training, but I don't think Klopp will rush him back.

Think perhaps a bit of a cameo appearance in our last league game maybe but nothing more than that.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #482: Apr 23, 2016 10:52:44 pm
      I don't expect to see him in a red shirt until July when he plays against Chelsea at the rose bowl stadium in Los Angeles
      Got my tickets and looking forward to seeing him play.
      Think he could be a perfect squad player for Klopp.

Quick Reply