Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Danny Ings (Liverpool -> Southampton)

Read 118836 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Danny Ings Player Thread
      Reply #506: Jul 22, 2016 03:52:37 pm
      One of our forgotten men in a way as he missed most of last season.

Klopp likes him apparently, but with the options we have at the moment, he'll have to do really well to force a starting place.

I like him.
      He seems a bit limited at times but that's probably just his age.
      He knows where the goal is though, and that's what counts.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #507: Jul 22, 2016 05:42:19 pm
      jury still out for me.

hope he isnt forced to play out wide cause he has pace

he hasn't played any games yet how can you be unsure he has to be given his chance under Klopp before we know how good or otherwise he will be. Lets give the lad a chance
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #508: Jul 22, 2016 06:04:58 pm
      https://twitter.com/IngsDanny/status/756500777481347072

I hope they put those tops on sale soon!
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #509: Jul 23, 2016 03:49:50 pm
      Ings coming back to fitness will be a huge boost this season. I'm reasonably happy if our three main strikers are Sturridge, Ings and Origi, especially because we're improving the supporting cast greatly with guys like Mane and Wijnaldum, not to mention we still have Coutinho and Firmino.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,199 posts | 6348 
      Reply #510: Jul 23, 2016 04:40:15 pm

Yea,  those are pretty slick.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #511: Jul 25, 2016 03:28:44 pm
      Ings provides fitness update and training insight

Steve Hunter
      @Shunter77

Danny Ings has provided an update on his training schedule as he aims to prove his fitness and challenge for a place ahead of the 2016-17 season.

Liverpool’s No.28 has enjoyed a good pre-season so far netting excellent strikes during the friendly victories over Tranmere Rovers and Wigan Athletic.  The striker is continuing to step up his fitness during the tour of the USA after working his way back after being sidelined with an anterior cruciate ligament injury last season.

During Sunday’s light training session at Stanford University, Ings instead worked on a specific programme in the gym.  Explaining why he had a gym session instead of training, Ings told Liverpoolfc.com: “I knew it was only going to be a light session and at this stage coming back from my ACL it’s important to build up my strength work.  We thought it was best to go in the gym and work on my strength conditioning which is squats and other things, and keep on top of things really and stay strong.  This is something I have had to do weekly since my injury because when you have the operation you tend to lose quite a bit of muscle in your quads and other areas, so it’s one of the biggest factors in your rehab.  During my rehab I wasn’t allowed onto the pitch until both legs were as strong as each other, so it shows how important it really is to keep your gym work up.”

During training in America so far Ings and his fellow strikers have been put through their paces during intense movement sessions from manager Jürgen Klopp.

In providing an insight into the work, he said: “It’s difficult to explain but it’s more of a tactical session more than a physical one.  I know it looked very physical but it was very hot and it was our second session of the day.  The key ideas with those sessions is to get our movements right, our formation right and an understanding of where everyone should be in certain moments on the pitch and in certain times of the game.  That is one thing I’ve learned since I’ve been back is he [Klopp] is very big on tactical movements and where we should be, and it’s great for us as a learning curve as we have to do that every day.  It’s important we get these things right and that’s what training is for, because you would prefer not to be in the right position during training than if you were playing in a game, so we have to be 100 per cent focused about what we need to do.”

During the tour so far Ings and the squad have received a wonderful welcome from the passionate Liverpool supporters in America.

The forward also received plenty of well wishes from the supporters as he celebrated his 24th birthday on Saturday.  It was nice and a few fans made me a few birthday cards,” he revealed.  It’s nice because obviously I am away from home and not seeing my family but it’s like that every year for me.  It’s great seeing the fans and hopefully we can put on a show for them in these three matches over here.”

Ings and co are now getting ready for their opening game in the International Challenge Cup when they face Chelsea at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena on Wednesday night.  Facing an arch-rival in the USA has attracted a great deal of interest and the striker is looking forward to the tussle with Antonio Conte’s side.

“Every game is big for different reasons, even the games building up to where we are now were very important,” he said.  "I go back to the tactical side of things and we try and take [our work in training] into the games and execute those plans.  We have still got quite a lot to learn and it’s important we take that into the game against Chelsea.  It’s very important we try and get the win and we will give everything we can to try and win that game.”
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #512: Aug 12, 2016 04:18:11 pm
      Some buzz on twitter that Danny could be loaned out. Possible?

Seems like this is because Klopp mentioned him in the same sentence as Benteke and Balotelli when talking about having too many strikers. I doubt there's anything else to it.

On the other hand, we have loaned some guys out entirely because they wouldn't be getting many games here, with the idea they still might have a Liverpool future but need to be playing regularly (Flanagan, Kent Danny Ward). Brannagan was talked about re this but I don't think a move has been finalized. Wouldn't Ings likely fall into this same category. Do you expect him to play much over Sturridge, Origi and Firminho, especially when we rarely use two strikers? He'll need to get improved match fitness after his layoff and I doubt they want him to be the regular there for the U23s. Seems like a reasonable scenario for his own good.

Thoughts?

mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #513: Aug 12, 2016 04:21:44 pm
      Some buzz on twitter that Danny could be loaned out. Possible?

Seems like this is because Klopp mentioned him in the same sentence as Benteke and Balotelli when talking about having too many strikers. I doubt there's anything else to it.

On the other hand, we have loaned some guys out entirely because they wouldn't be getting many games here, with the idea they still might have a Liverpool future but need to be playing regularly (Flanagan, Kent Danny Ward). Brannagan was talked about re this but I don't think a move has been finalized. Wouldn't Ings likely fall into this same category. Do you expect him to play much over Sturridge, Origi and Firminho, especially when we rarely use two strikers? He'll need to get improved match fitness after his layoff and I doubt they want him to be the regular there for the U23s. Seems like a reasonable scenario for his own good.

Thoughts?

It'd be ridiculous to loan him out considering Sturridge gets injured & Origi has just come back from an injury.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,982 posts | 513 
      Reply #514: Aug 12, 2016 04:49:04 pm
      It'd be ridiculous to loan him out considering Sturridge gets injured & Origi has just come back from an injury.

It'd be nuts. Can't see it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #515: Aug 12, 2016 05:51:30 pm
      I think Danny is a Jürgen player full of energy and a team player 100%
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,479 posts | 342 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #516: Aug 12, 2016 07:35:44 pm
      Don't see him being loaned out, especially if Palace do buy Benteke. Mario will be offloaded too. And as Walton said, he's Klopps type of player.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,486 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #517: Aug 12, 2016 07:51:44 pm
      Would have liked to have seen us maybe sell Benteke and Ings and invest in more quality.
      Anyway, can't see it, surely can't consider letting Ings go, as well as Benteke, and not bring someone else in.
      Firmino is an *option* but would not like to depend on just him, and injury prone Studger and Origi for a full season.
      Wouldn't take too many injuries to make us a bit threadbare.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #518: Aug 12, 2016 08:02:54 pm
      Danny br"Ings" the fire!

I think he's staying and playing!
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,486 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #519: Aug 13, 2016 09:02:54 pm
      Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp at his prematch news conference on Friday.

"It's not the same situation as the other two [Balotelli and Benteke]," Klopp is quoted as saying in the Liverpool Echo. "We're counting on Ingsy. Ingsy is a fantastic boy. He was injured since October last year and he needed time. That's how it is. Now he's getting better and better."
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #520: Aug 14, 2016 11:18:42 am
      Fully expecting Ings to start imo he is everything Klopp wants in a player in his work rate/energy.
      You can tell he likes Danny unlike the other two as ballotelli is a waste of space and Christian just doesn't fit the mould.
      BostonScouse
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 715 posts | 106 
      Reply #521: Aug 19, 2016 02:04:37 am
      http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/18/liverpool-agree-to-sell-christian-benteke-to-crystal-palace-for-27m?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Benteke's in the title but this article is all about Ings.

Any thoughts on where he could be off to?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,486 posts | 1640 
      • YNWA
      Reply #522: Aug 19, 2016 09:24:24 pm
      Have thought that Ings would need to improve quite a bit to push for even a subs place ahead of Origi, Studge or even Firmino. Would've considered improving on him in the summer, but if he can go out on loan for a while and start banging in a few, would be better for his, and Klopps, confidence. Stay, or go on load - either way he needs to make a step up to be part of Klopps plans imo.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,674 posts | 6686 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #523: Aug 20, 2016 05:19:31 am
      Hope he gets a run out tonight versus his old mob and scores.

Should get a standing ovation from their crowd.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #524: Aug 20, 2016 11:45:45 am
      Can't see him going anywhere now that Benteke is gone and Balotelli (Please God) going. Sturridges injury record is still an issue and as good as Origi is he's still young and developing. There will be patches of form, he doesn't need the pressure of being the main man just now. Ings gives us a different option, no one is suggesting that he'll start 30+ games, but if he can chip in from the bench and in the cups then I think that suits everyone. Would like to see him feature in some way today.
      brilad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,967 posts | 99 
      Reply #525: Aug 22, 2016 10:36:57 pm
      According to the boss Danny boy isn't quite ready.
      JK was on SSN news and got a bit arsed.👍
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #526: Aug 23, 2016 02:02:45 pm
      According to the boss Danny boy isn't quite ready.
      JK was on SSN news and got a bit arsed.👍

According to the bullshit artists that are SSN

Watched the comments and still even now trying to work out were Klopp looked miffed.

Compuche
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 547 posts | 39 
      Reply #527: Aug 29, 2016 11:08:32 pm
      Hope he gets the game time he truly deserves before  the lack of it turns him to another Aspas or Benteke.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #528: Oct 02, 2016 05:16:39 pm
      Scored a hat-trick in the U23s and has to be pushing for a place on the bench.

Keep going Ings lad, right attitude, making the boss' choice really difficult is all you can do.

Quick Reply