Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Liverpool's best XI for next season according to transfers confirmed?

Read 28872 times
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Re: Liverpool's best XI for next season according to transfers confirmed?
      Reply #161: Jul 02, 2015 01:34:05 pm
                Mignolet

Clyne  Skrtel  Sakho  Moreno

Hendo  Can  Milner

Coutinho            Firmino
                   Sturridge

That's on the assumption that Sterling leaves this summer, which I'm certain he will. No doubt Sturridge will miss large parts of the season so I would possibly go with the same formation but with firmino as the striker and Lallana taking his position. I don't know how confident I would feel with Ings leading the line

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #162: Jul 02, 2015 02:15:40 pm
                       Mings

Flano    Ilori     Lovern    Emre

Lucas

Milner           Hendo 

Couts

Firmino
                       Ingsino
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #163: Jul 02, 2015 02:22:08 pm
                       Mings

Lucas

Milner           Hendo 

Couts

Firmino
                       Ingsino

Must rank as one of the worst suggestions I have ever seen on her and I've posted some pretty sh*te ones over the years.

fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #164: Jul 02, 2015 02:22:10 pm
                       Mings

Lucas

Milner           Hendo 

Couts

Firmino
                       Ingsino

No clyne?
      Can at full back?
      No Skrtel or Sakho?
      No Studge?

Interesting...
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #165: Jul 02, 2015 02:30:25 pm
      Studge is out till October (and then again).
      We cant be worse at the back than last year. Defence needs a rehaul. Young blood.
      Clyne needs time to settle like Lovern.
      Skrtel will be sold.
      Sakho will get playing time here and there.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #166: Jul 02, 2015 02:44:09 pm
      We cant be worse at the back than last year. Defence needs a rehaul. Young blood.
      Skrtel will be sold.

You are having a laugh right?

Please tell you aren't serious?

WUM right?

Good grief I've seen it all.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #167: Jul 02, 2015 02:45:06 pm
      Skrtel will be sold.

A couple of assumptions there...

I think clyne will hit the ground running. He will definitely be the first choice RB at the start of the season, assuming he's fit.

Pretty sure Skrtel just signed a new contract.

Fairly sure Flanno is also injured for the start of the season, or at least not fully fit.

Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #168: Jul 02, 2015 02:46:48 pm
                       Mings

Lucas

Milner           Hendo 

Couts

Firmino
                       Ingsino

Never quote yourself but that midfield diamond looks F***ing top class. Dedicated holder, two hungry hounds in front and a brain. Nightmare for any kind of opposition. Yaya to get destroyed at his own back yard.
      fhands123
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 350 posts | 11 
      Reply #169: Jul 02, 2015 02:51:39 pm
      Never quote yourself but that midfield diamond looks f**king top class. Dedicated holder, two hungry hounds in front and a brain. Nightmare for any kind of opposition. Yaya to get destroyed at his own back yard.

Almost agree with you regarding the midfield. Although personally I would have Can in for Lucas. The rest of the team is where the issues lie...

Also any response to what I've said above?

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #170: Jul 02, 2015 02:51:51 pm
      Never quote yourself but that midfield diamond looks f**king top class. Dedicated holder, two hungry hounds in front and a brain. Nightmare for any kind of opposition. Yaya to get destroyed at his own back yard.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #171: Jul 02, 2015 02:52:15 pm

I prefer DM, CM and AMC, but if we were to play a midfield diamond, I couldn't agree more with your midfield line up! It Has a lovely balance to it. As for Firmino and Ings, I wouldn't be against it, might as well give Ings or Origi a chance to play the #9 role with a support forward.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #172: Jul 02, 2015 02:55:05 pm
      A couple of assumptions there...

I think clyne will hit the ground running. He will definitely be the first choice RB at the start of the season, assuming he's fit.

Pretty sure Skrtel just signed a new contract.

Fairly sure Flanno is also injured for the start of the season, or at least not fully fit.
      I thought the same about Lovern. He´s only hit the ground after almost a year. Give Clyne a time.
      Skrtel hasnt signed yet, it was fabricated. There is now a semi-derisory offer on the table. If he finds suitors he moves on.
      Flano I agree but hope hes fit on time. One of the best PL fullbacks when healthy.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #173: Jul 02, 2015 02:57:58 pm
                       Mings

Lucas

Milner           Hendo 

Couts

Firmino
                       Ingsino

The back 4 consists of 1.)Injured Player 2.)A player that has not played for us in 2 years 3.)A player that had his worst season ever 4.) A player played out of position and to top it all off the striker is not even part of the club?

Think you need to stop drinking, alcohol poisoning seems to be setting in. 

Flano I agree but hope hes fit on time. One of the best PL fullbacks when healthy.

This guy is doing nothing but taking the piss now
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #174: Jul 02, 2015 03:00:44 pm
      I thought the same about Lovern. He´s only hit the ground after almost a year. Give Clyne a time.
      Skrtel hasnt signed yet, it was fabricated. There is now a semi-derisory offer on the table. If he finds suitors he moves on.

The only time Lovren hits the ground is when he attempts a tackle after his man has gone by him.
      Skrtel isn't going anwyere.
      Flanno ISN'T going to be fit anytime soon. He was ruled out for up to 9 months...that was in April. Do the math....that means the start of 2016.

You are sitting there laughing at us with every post you make aren't you?
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #175: Jul 02, 2015 03:12:09 pm

:D ;D

Everyone have their own thinking about the best XI. Thats why this thread was created I suppose. Dont dismiss anything as ridiculous. We were forced to watch far more unbalanced teams last year.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #176: Jul 02, 2015 03:14:38 pm
      Skrtel will be sold.
      sorry mate but massivly disagree with you on this one, Sakho is by far the best defender at the club he was injured last season which had a massive impact on us. when he was back next to skrtel he made skrtel a better player and the season before that he and skrtel where partners and we almost won the league. yer we had the best striker at the time but sakho is a born leader. he's vice captain for his country and was captain of PSG at the age of 17. you watch this season lovren or skrtel will be dropped before sakho bud. As for lucas i will be suprised if we see him start more than 10 league games if he's even at the club he's done past his best. not being a D$*k mate just difference of opinions
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #177: Jul 02, 2015 03:18:45 pm
      This guy is doing nothing but taking the piss now
      If you dont think Jon Flanagan was fantastic fullback for us in that almost title winning season - bringing huge amount of energy and "surprisingly" quality first touch and passing, (I´d go that far to say he was instrumental to our back to front transition renesainse in that season), then you don´t watch Liverpool games with open eyes. Flano wasnt signed for 12,5mil therefore hes sh*te. ok
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #178: Jul 02, 2015 03:30:56 pm
      If you dont think Jon Flanagan was fantastic fullback for us

Thats not what you said.

He has not played enough even to be considered in this vein.

So your starting XI has a FB that will not even start training until probably January, a striker that is not at the club, a CB that has been on loan for 2 years and another who was a disaster last season (while at the same time benching our two best defenders).

Pisstake
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #179: Jul 02, 2015 03:36:47 pm
      sorry mate but massivly disagree with you on this one, Sakho is by far the best defender at the club he was injured last season which had a massive impact on us. when he was back next to skrtel he made skrtel a better player and the season before that he and skrtel where partners and we almost won the league. yer we had the best striker at the time but sakho is a born leader. he's vice captain for his country and was captain of PSG at the age of 17. you watch this season lovren or skrtel will be dropped before sakho bud. As for lucas i will be suprised if we see him start more than 10 league games if he's even at the club he's done past his best. not being a D$*k mate just difference of opinions
      I do like Sakho mate, but I also think there is something about him Rodgers doesnt like. If anything, Brendan didnt have a clue the comitee were signing him behind his back.

As for Lucas/Can, in those subtle DM duties, there is no one in the team close to Lucas. I watched last season and now the Euro tournament - Emre is nowhere near Lucas at sniffing out danger, being at the right place to recycle a loose ball, to start quick attacks. Can is great running with the ball when the opposition gives him a 10 free yards. But he doesnt have intelligence yet to shield the whole defense. Hendo neither. Leiva must be kept for one more season at least.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #180: Jul 02, 2015 03:48:08 pm
      Thats not what you said.

He has not played enough even to be considered in this vein.

So your starting XI has a FB that will not even start training until probably January, a striker that is not at the club, a CB that has been on loan for 2 years and another who was a disaster last season (while at the same time benching our two best defenders).

Pisstake

Flanagan had a good 15 to 20 games when we were flying - a good amount to judge his quality and dedication. Didnt know he is out for so long again, my apologize.

Ilori is getting ready and was a shining light in Euro 21 tournament you sure remember as it finished just couple days ago, sorry for my "Ingsino" remark but we do have striker called Danny in the team and hes quality. You grossly underate Lovren and generally I feel you are very negative trying to dismiss everything out of hand as you hate some Irish minister Varadkar with passion.
      dflfc1
      • Forum John Barnes

• 409 posts | 18 
      Reply #181: Jul 02, 2015 07:57:06 pm
      Until Sturridge returns Id like to see this:

Mignolet
      Clyne   Skrtel     Sakho     Moreno

Lucas
                Milner         Coutinho

Ibe/Sterling                  Firmino
                        New striker

My choice for the back 5 speaks for itself really as imo those 5 are the strongest we have in their position although id have Flanagan ahead of Moreno when fit. Personally I dont think Can is ready to be a our starting DM yet but do believe he has the potential to make the position his own. Lucas would be my choice as hes our only true DM left at the club and was instrumental to our period of good form last season where we went unbeaten. My reason for putting Couts more central would be that I never felt he was as involved when he played out wide and has played his best football when played in the centre. I included Milner as from what I've read he was guaranteed a starting place in centre midfield and on 150k I cant see him being used as a bench player. Id have Sterling ahead of Ibe as I feel he is more developed but I wouldnt be sad if he left as I feel Ibe isnt too far behind him. Firmino is a no brainer and I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of our new striker although at the moment its looking likely it will be Benteke.
      paulow63
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 665 posts | 86 
      Reply #182: Jul 03, 2015 08:25:16 am
                                                        Migs

Clyne               Skrtel             Can

Ibe                       Coutinho             Fermino             Origi

Sturridge           Ings          Benteke
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1770 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #183: Jul 03, 2015 08:39:58 am
      thread says players available, not who might sign. so if fit, if not fit, right now Id swap Ings for Sturridge

Going for a 4-1-4-1 ish.

-------------- Mings ------------------
      - Clyne - Skrtel - Sakho - Moreno -
      --------------- Can -------------------
      - Hendo - Milner - Coutinho - Fermino
      ------------ Sturridge ----------------

Quick Reply