Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Predictions for the 2015-2016 season

Read 8526 times
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Predictions for the 2015-2016 season
      Jun 10, 2015 10:23:03 am
      Made this topic for a bit of fun really. It'll be interesting to see what our predictions are now and then compare them to what they will be at the end of July/start of August with only a week or two until the season begins. We don't know the fixture list yet. We haven't made all of our signings yet. Our rivals haven't made theirs yet either...

So what are your predictions for the 2015-2016 season now? Will we get off to a flying start? Will Brendan be sacked by Christmas? Will we win anything? Where will we finish? Player of the season? Worst player?  Anything else?

Liverpool

It appears all gloom and doom amongst many of our supporters right now but I'm optimistic personally. I think our manager and the squad of players we have are far better than what they showed last season. There are several reasons in my opinion why we struggled last season that I won't bore you with now, but I expect us to do much better next season. The only concern I have is how we will juggle Europa League on Thursday and then PL games on a Sunday.

I'm very happy with the Milner signing and I'm pleased with the Ings signing.  I don't know why people are criticising these deals because if you could bring them in on a free, would you? Yes. It's a no brainer to me. Ings strengthens the squad and Milner strengthens our first 11. Providing that we do strengthen further, then both of these signings are good ones.

I think we will make a couple of big signings and challenge for the title but right now we are a couple of players short. We are capable of finishing 3rd right now though so I'lll say we will finish 3rd place in the league. I think Brendan will prioritise the League Cup as he needs silverware and that seems to be the easiest of the lot to win. I also expect us to get through the group stages of the Europa League with a reserve team and then take the competition serious and go on and win it. I think Coutinho will be our player of the season. I think Mignolet will be our worst and cost us a few games.

So -  3rd place, League Cup, Europa League.   That's what I'm going for.

Arsenal

Always finish in the top 4 but never up for a title challenge. They need a forward as much as we do. 4th Place.

Villa

Will do better than last season but not by much. 13th place.

Bournemouth 

Will shock a few next season because they play some good stuff. Will be in a relegation battle but I expect them to stay up with a game or two to go. 17th place.

Chelsea

Will be there or thereabouts but the league will be a lot closer next season.  2nd place.

Crystal Palace

Mid table. 11th place.

Everton

Will do far better going back to one game a week. 6th place.

Leicester

Will be another struggle but I'm tipping them to stay up. 16th Place.

Man City

If Aguero stays fit all season they'll win the league. 1st place.

Man U

5th. Sh*te.

Newcastle

Going down. Even with a new manager their knobhead owner won't back them. Its only a matter of time until they go down. 18th.

Norwich

Got a funny feeling they'll be the shock of the season. 15th

Southampton

Won't be as strong next season. 10th.

Spurs

Will struggle next season too. 7th.

Stoke

Can finish anywhere between 8th and 12th. I think this will be a bad season for them. 12th

Swansea

Under rated team of the league. 8th

Sunderland

sh*te. going down. 19th.

Watford

sh*te. going down. 20th

WBA

Pulis will keep them safe. 14th

West Ham

Bilic will do a  job. 9th

1. City
      2. Chelsea
      3. Liverpool
      4. Arsenal
      5. Mancs
      6. Everton
      7. Spurs
      8. Swansea
      9. West Ham
      10. Southampton
      11. Palace
      12. Stoke
      13. Villa
      14. Wba
      15. Norwich
      16. Leicester
      17. Bournemouth
      18. Newcastle
      19. Sunderland
      20. Watford

« Last Edit: Jun 10, 2015 10:33:51 am by HamannsTheMan »
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,628 posts | 141 
      Re: Predictions for the 2015-2016 season
      Reply #1: Jun 10, 2015 10:37:08 am
      Realistically we will be finishing 6th in the league. Top 4 will make some big signings.

1 Chelsea
      2 city
      3 Arsenal
      4 Man UTD
      5 Spurs
      6 Liverpool
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #2: Jun 10, 2015 10:41:52 am
      There is no way we'll get top 4 this year unless JWH spends big and BR spends wisely.

I'll eat my hat if either hold up to their end.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #3: Jun 10, 2015 10:44:05 am
      LFC to smash all comers, and win the treble.

we can dream eh.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #4: Jun 10, 2015 11:07:05 am
      Finishing top 4 depends entirely on us signing a top striker.

If Ings is the only striker we bring in we haven't a snowballs chance in hell of finishing top 4.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Jun 10, 2015 11:24:11 am
      We won't get top 4 because our defence will still be a shambles. At the moment I think we will get 5th and to the last 16 of the Europa League.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #6: Jun 10, 2015 11:41:31 am
      Too early for a prediction with the transfer window not yet shut.

The minimum I would expect with the players being bought in along with the current crop is that they are played in their correct position.
      Too much round pegs in square holes last season.
      So a proper plan strategy of how we are going to move forward would be a good start!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6708 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #7: Jun 10, 2015 12:05:36 pm
      Steven Gerrard to come back, play 5 games with us in the MLS off season and be eligible to collect his Liverpool Premiership Medallion.  :angel:
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #8: Jun 10, 2015 12:07:45 pm
      With the amount going on at the club right now I couldn't give any predtctions for the season ahead.

Let's wait to see who's going to be hired over the next week or so before thinking too far ahead.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #9: Jun 10, 2015 12:31:56 pm
      My predictions:

Increased arguing on the internet between fans. (record levels)
      No one being happy whoever we sign.
      The word mediocrity being churned out like it's this first time anyone used the word.
      Grudge fests between super hard internet warriors.
      Bitterness escalation.
      Fans being happy if we fail, just to be guy that says 'see, I told you this would happen'
      Love letters and poetic comments wrote on forums about Klopp from grown men.
      Carra being the missing link and key to the universe from at least 50% of fans.
      When we lose a game, someone will comment we should of kept Gerrard, he'd be perfect for this game.
      Fashion watch Brendan news, Everyone turns into Gok Wan all of a sudden. But act even even more camp.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #10: Jun 10, 2015 12:33:42 pm
      My predictions:

The word mediocrity being churned out like it's this first time anyone used the word.
      Bitterness escalation.
      Fans being happy if we fail, just to be guy that says 'see, I told you this would happen'
      When we lose a game, someone will comment we should of kept Gerrard, he'd be perfect for this game.
      Fashion watch Brendan news, Everyone turns into Gok Wan all of a sudden. But act even even more camp.

We have a winner . ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #11: Jun 10, 2015 01:15:50 pm
      My predictions:

Bitterness escalation.

Not just hard, super hard! :D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,921 posts | 4986 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12: Jun 10, 2015 01:30:01 pm
      1. LIVERPOOL

W
      H
      O

G
      I
      V
      E
      S

A

F
      U
      C
      K
       ;D

Y
      N
      W
      A
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #13: Jun 10, 2015 01:44:44 pm
      One member with 7.830 posts   500 vote Ups and Online time of 1392 hours to decide finally that whilst Rodgers reigns he cant be arsed

Ta Ra .
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #14: Jun 10, 2015 01:50:18 pm
      its super early to be calling a finish now.

So if we kicked off tomorrow, 6th again.

But if we buy the worldies we're hoping for 1st  ;D
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #15: Jun 10, 2015 01:53:19 pm
      One member with 7.830 posts   500 vote Ups and Online time of 1392 hours to decide finally that whilst Rodgers reigns he cant be arsed

Ta Ra .

I love me a game of guess who but this one has me stumped?

Any more clues Skip?

Does he have a beard?
      Does he wear glasses?
      Does he regularly have his teeth whitened?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #16: Jun 10, 2015 02:13:09 pm

Ta Ra .

Throwing a strop because Brendan didn't get fired Skip?
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #17: Jun 10, 2015 02:46:20 pm
      Liverpool win the League.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #18: Jun 10, 2015 03:24:29 pm
      Too early for a prediction with the transfer window not yet shut.

Shut? sh*t, the international window isn't even open yet!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,514 posts | 1766 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #19: Jun 10, 2015 03:29:01 pm
      Shut? Sh*t, the international window isn't even open yet!

Exactly, Makes me laugh all the panic about transfers, window is open till 1st of July eh?

All early stuff is guys out of contract, or in last 6 months etc.

So any big money moves will happen in a few weeks or after that.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #20: Jun 10, 2015 04:31:59 pm
      Chelsea
      Arsenal
      City
      Man U
      Liverpool
      Spurs

We have more chance of winning Europa league than finishing top 4 unless we seriously bolster the first 11 this window.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #21: Jun 10, 2015 05:20:46 pm
      At the moment 6th or 7th, if we can replace Brendan with Klopp plus make some decent signings then maybe we can squeeze into 4th spot but at the current moment I have very little optimism for the coming season.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #22: Jun 10, 2015 06:48:56 pm
      Mancs,shity,arse,chavs let's not give this lot more pleasure than we already have.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #23: Jun 10, 2015 08:14:59 pm
      My predictions:

Bitterness escalation.

Hahaha that's fantastic, probably guilty of all of those myself!

Ta Ra .

I know there's a few people thinking of joining Klopp on his sabbatical mate, fair dues to you if you do too.

To be honest I'd be very surprised if Rodgers makes it past christmas, especially judged on our signings so far and the rumours of further restrictions being put on our transfer budget.

For a prediction where we'll finish, based on Brendan remaining in power and us not appointing anyone of Carra/Pako level as a number 2 but instead one of the old lads like Sami or Fowler I'd say 6th is probably where I'd expect us to finish.

Just for clarity, I'd still call that a failure, it's just the height of where I believe that management team could take us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,396 posts | 3400 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24: Jun 10, 2015 08:24:05 pm
      Predictions: Ian ayre joins fa, Br and Colin Pascoe announce that they are together and in a civil partnership, ings scores 45 messi style tap ins, Liverpool beat Chelsea 7-0 at stamford Bridge to win the league on goal difference, Everton are relegated, rafa is sacked after 5 minutes of his first match after boos from the crowd in Madrid. It's barely into June so lets not think too far ahead lads and lasses
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #25: Jun 10, 2015 08:38:52 pm
      Hahaha that's fantastic, probably guilty of all of those myself!

I was laughing writing it ;D, I can't predict next season just yet, need to see who we sign. So the only things I could predict were the fans escalating everything. It's happening now before it's happened.
      But, I do understand, no doubt.
      Not mocking people, I know feelings run deep, there are a few people on here I worry about a bit though, because I think, how can they even enjoy a game as it happens.

The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 10, 2015 10:36:39 pm
      Look, we aren't going to be signing World Class players with Rodgers on charge, with Klopp we would have more chance, but then our lack of Champions League football and wage caps means we are too restricted to compete.

I love the optimism of finishing top 4 but it's not going to happen unless we have an extraordinary summer and buy someone like Aubemyamg, which could have had happened with Klopp.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #27: Jun 10, 2015 10:54:57 pm
      For a prediction where we'll finish, based on Brendan remaining in power and us not appointing anyone of Carra/Pako level as a number 2

I've seen a few mention this Luke but I wouldn't mention Carra and Pako in the same breath in terms of suitability for the assistant managers jib so interesting to hear your thoughts on why you place him on a similar standing to Pako?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28: Jun 10, 2015 11:08:04 pm
      I've seen a few mention this Luke but I wouldn't mention Carra and Pako in the same breath in terms of suitability for the assistant managers jib so interesting to hear your thoughts on why you place him on a similar standing to Pako?

Gut feeling mate and nothing more, it would be a gamble and I'll freely admit it could go wrong. I just believe that Carra has all the characteristics I'd want in a coach or number 2 for the following reasons:

His knowledge, there's very few people I've heard speak about the game where you're left astounded by just how much the man knows right at the moment they're asked. Sure we can all wrack our brains or search across the web and come up with comparable answers but when you want it right there and then Carra has few rivals in my book.

His absolute passion for defensive organisation, we've seen it, we've heard it, he absolutely oozes it. The lad would accept nothing less than perfection and along with that if he saw someone trying I believe he would work with them.

The symbol: Carra is one of the few remaining connections we have to recent success, that for the young lads is a massive connect to the club. Training at the place and seeing Kenny etc is a big winner but having this guy coach you would drill it into you day in and day out to the point you start thinking the same.

The fear: He's the kind of guy you wouldn't piss about with, you go in at half time 3-0 down and you're coming back out with your ears still ringing. It's not that he's 'hard' or that 'he's intimidating' it's that he's been there done it and lived it. None of what we currently have/had could offer that so while the players heard the words they wouldn't respect it nearly as much as they would from someone who has been there and done it. He would get that extra 10% out of players they didn't even know they had.

He'd back the lads perfectly in the media, a simple thing but something many can't seem to get right.

Tactics, while in no way do I believe he's a mastermind, but I do believe he'd know how to exploit weaknesses and most certainly identify strengths of the opposition.

So, while it's just a gut feeling I believe there's enough basis there to take a chance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #29: Jun 10, 2015 11:10:56 pm
      Gut feeling mate and nothing more, it would be a gamble and I'll freely admit it could go wrong. I just believe that Carra has all the characteristics I'd want in a coach or number 2 for the following reasons:

His knowledge, there's very few people I've heard speak about the game where you're left astounded by just how much the man knows right at the moment they're asked. Sure we can all wrack our brains or search across the web and come up with comparable answers but when you want it right there and then Carra has few rivals in my book.

His absolute passion for defensive organisation, we've seen it, we've heard it, he absolutely oozes it. The lad would accept nothing less than perfection and along with that if he saw someone trying I believe he would work with them.

The symbol: Carra is one of the few remaining connections we have to recent success, that for the young lads is a massive connect to the club. Training at the place and seeing Kenny etc is a big winner but having this guy coach you would drill it into you day in and day out to the point you start thinking the same.

The fear: He's the kind of guy you wouldn't piss about with, you go in at half time 3-0 down and you're coming back out with your ears still ringing. It's not that he's 'hard' or that 'he's intimidating' it's that he's been there done it and lived it. None of what we currently have/had could offer that so while the players heard the words they wouldn't respect it nearly as much as they would from someone who has been there and done it. He would get that extra 10% out of players they didn't even know they had.

He'd back the lads perfectly in the media, a simple thing but something many can't seem to get right.

Tactics, while in no way do I believe he's a mastermind, but I do believe he'd know how to exploit weaknesses and most certainly identify strengths of the opposition.

So, while it's just a gut feeling I believe there's enough basis there to take a chance.

My gut feeling is the opposite mate even though there are things I agree with in what you write.

I also think that when you sack a managers backroom from under him because you think they are under performing you don't take any chances when hiring the next guys and you hire the very best you can with big game experience and plenty of years behind them.

Carra not for me mate.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Jun 10, 2015 11:12:35 pm
      My gut feeling is the opposite mate even though there are things I agree with in what you write.

I also think that when you sack a managers backroom from under him because you think they are under performing you don't take any chances when hiring the next guys and you hire the very best you can with big game experience and plenty of years behind them.

Carra not for me mate.

Fair enough mate, be boring if we always agreed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #31: Jun 10, 2015 11:15:44 pm
      Fair enough mate, be boring if we always agreed.

Do you not think though that with sacking Pascoe and Marsh, a move you were calling for, you wouldn't want to leave any error in hiring the guys to replace them?

If it's me I want the number two to be proven in top flight football with European experience and who fits into the philosophy of the club and is going to bring plenty to the table. Carra at this point in time has none of this and is far too much of a gamble.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32: Jun 10, 2015 11:22:53 pm
      Do you not think though that with sacking Pascoe and Marsh, a move you were calling for, you wouldn't want to leave any error in hiring the guys to replace them?

If it's me I want the number two to be proven in top flight football with European experience and who fits into the philosophy of the club and is going to bring plenty to the table. Carra at this point in time has none of this and is far too much of a gamble.

I totally get your point mate but as we're clearly at opposite ends of this you feel it's much more of a gamble than I do.

I've already said that Pako would be an upgrade on Carra for me simply because of the reasons you state above, I'd be over the moon with Pako + Carra.

Whoever we choose to replace Pascoe and Marsh will be a gamble mate, the relationship with Brendan will be a difficult balance, Carra would at least have worked under him so Brendan would still feel he has authority. Bringing in someone from the outside, such as Pako, may result in Brendan feeling threatened for his position and the chemistry between them total breaking down before it even gets a chance.

It's a very difficult choice and given the people who make decisions at our club I fully expect them to get it monumentally wrong at the moment Si, but as always with something like this I hope nothing more than to be proven wrong.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,170 posts | 4904 
      Reply #33: Jun 10, 2015 11:26:16 pm
      I totally get your point mate but as we're clearly at opposite ends of this you feel it's much more of a gamble than I do.

I've already said that Pako would be an upgrade on Carra for me simply because of the reasons you state above, I'd be over the moon with Pako + Carra.

Whoever we choose to replace Pascoe and Marsh will be a gamble mate, the relationship with Brendan will be a difficult balance, Carra would at least have worked under him so Brendan would still feel he has authority. Bringing in someone from the outside, such as Pako, may result in Brendan feeling threatened for his position and the chemistry between them total breaking down before it even gets a chance.

It's a very difficult choice and given the people who make decisions at our club I fully expect them to get it monumentally wrong at the moment Si, but as always with something like this I hope nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Oh I expect them to get it monumentally wrong as well mate.

I'd have no problem with Carra as a coach in some capacity but I think he should start with the youth set up and work his way up. Like I said though I have this gut feeling he isn't going to be a top class football coach.

Agree on Pako being a threat to Brendan but I see anyone coming in as a threat and FSG have kind of left themselves in this predicament by not sacking the manager while they were at it which would make the most sense.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #34: Jun 10, 2015 11:48:42 pm
      Predictions with transfer window still open is bullshit. All i can say is that Chelski, Citeh and Arsenal will all be in the top 4, not sure in what order
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Jun 11, 2015 01:17:59 am
      Predictions with transfer window still open is bullshit. All i can say is that Chelski, Citeh and Arsenal will all be in the top 4, not sure in what order

My sentiments exactly Quicko, as well as the transfer window nobody appears to know who the coaches will be.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36: Jun 12, 2015 08:56:06 am
      I f Pako  is installed as our coach it could  cause us more problems with Brendan Rodgers. Pako is a proven coach and has indeed proved himself at Anfield. The reason I ask about problems is I recall what happened with Roy Evans and Houllier , it just did not work. If the Pako move was to emanate it could of course be smart  tactics  by FSG to unsettle Rodgers.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,608 posts | 6930 
      Reply #37: Jun 12, 2015 10:22:49 am
      I think Chelsea will win the league again. Rest of the top four remaining the same - maybe with United advancing up from 4th.

I think Spurs will finish above us again and unless we buy a reliable goalscorer then they may not be the only ones.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,260 posts | 1659 
      Reply #38: Jun 12, 2015 10:45:03 am
      All depends on the signings . Still a hardman DM short and 20 goal a yr man and two quality FB , if we acquire these keep sterling we may just sneak in
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,281 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #39: Jun 12, 2015 11:06:08 am
      Well my predictions are not optimistic at all.I think next season will be worse than the last one.
      We will not get anywhere near to the top4 finish.I am hoping that we could win some cup,like FA Cup.Best player in our squad is Coutinho so i think that he will be Liverpools player of the next season.
      MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #40: Jun 17, 2015 08:52:16 pm
      4th in the league if still on europa till March, top 3 if we're out of from the groupstage.
      another semifinal at least in one of the cup competitions.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #41: Jun 18, 2015 10:17:07 am
      Seeing the fixtures if we are in touching distance by Xmas, which is a big ask, then we can certainly challenge for the league.

But I can also see the flip side and us getting off to a slow start and many BR being sacked by Xmas.

Get some forwards in and quick for fucks sake.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #42: Jun 18, 2015 10:23:31 am
      How can anyone make a prediction when we haven't got a clue what our first team Squad is going to be like?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Jun 18, 2015 10:40:00 am
      How can anyone make a prediction when we haven't got a clue what our first team Squad is going to be like?

Spot on hardcore, it would also be nice to see how the new coaches work with the players and how Rodgers accepts being No2 if FSG bring in a D.O.F.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #44: Jun 18, 2015 10:55:49 am
      Spot on hardcore, it would also be nice to see how the new coaches work with the players and how Rodgers accepts being No2 if FSG bring in a D.O.F.

yeah I agree... who knows, they may actually turn Mario in to a footballer...
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #45: Jun 18, 2015 11:51:56 am
      Predictions ?

We'll win games. We'll lose games.

We'll go from being happy as anything to "puts the knives away" suicidal

We'll wish we had different players.

We'll bleed Liverpool red.

YNWA
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,008 posts | 3352 
      Reply #46: Jun 18, 2015 03:48:23 pm
      Arsenal - will sell Wilshere, Giroud and Szczesny (among others) replacing them with Benzema, some no mark Kenyan they've bought from France who'll turn out to be more Christopher Wreh than Ray Kennedy. They'll start slowly, everybody once again talking about Wenger outstaying his welcome but they'll have a good second half of the year and finish 4th. They'll go out of the Champions League in the last 16, FA Cup semi final and League Cup third round in the shock of the round when they lose, at home, to Swindon.

Aston Villa - will lose Benteke as the only major sale and replace him with a like-for-like in Adebayor (on loan). They'll also try and grab Seb Coates from us on loan to replace the out of contract Ron Vlaar. Sherwood will be sacked by March after Villa once again end up in a relegation battle and he will be replaced by former club captain, Gareth Southgate, who has had a good summer with the England U-21s. He'll transform them somewhat, eventually finishing as high as 14th. FA Cup sixth round, League Cup quarter finals.

Bournemouth - will effectively be a carbon copy of last season's Leicester. Play tidy football but not get the results because of a lack of real fire power up top. To resolve this, they turn to two Premiership proven veterans, Robbie Keane and Peter Crouch. To fund those deals though they have to sell wingers Matt Ritchie (Celtic) and Ryan Fraser (Crystal Palace). It's still not enough though to keep the Cherries up, finishing 19th. Eddie Howe is sacked in the summer. FA Cup sixth round, League Cup fourth round.

Chelsea - will start the season strongly, giving the impression that everybody backing them to defend their Premier League crown was right. But the wheels will fall off slightly around Christmas and they'll never quite get back to the best, missing out on the title by five or six points. They'll also be out of the Champions League in the group stage, much to everyone's surprise. They won't make many major signings, Marcelo from Real Madrid being the biggest. And they won't really sell any top stars. They'll reach both domestic Cup finals but ultimately lose both. Finish 2nd. Costa will top the goalscoring charts, Hazard will retain his Player of the Year award.

Crystal Palace - will be the early surprise team, keeping pace with the top six and getting above their stations. Nasty injuries to both Bolasie and Zaha will halt them in their pursue of European football and they'll eventually fade away into mid-table. There'll still be talk of Alan Pardew getting manager of the month though. Finish 9th with a League Cup semi-final thrown in but a third round exit from the FA Cup.

Everton - will see a mass exodus from the club in the summer with Lukaku, Mirallas, McCarthy, Coleman and Stones all heading for pastures new. Martinez will waste the money on quantity over quality bringing in ten new faces. The players won't gel and Martinez is the first manager sacked in mid-October. They'll head north to bring life-long Evertonian Alan Stubbs in as manager who won't fare that much better but is given time by fans and chairmen. Early exits from both domestic cups and a disappointing 16th finish in the League.

Leicester - will go down a very similar route to the previous year only with a few more goals in the team after they splash the cash on Jordan Rhodes and Demba Ba. Pearson will resign before the season starts due to the shame felt over his son's involvement in the racist sex tape and will be replaced by Sean Dyche. Finishing a respectful 15th and quarter finalists in both domestic Cups.

Liverpool - will have unprecdented success and this forum will implode. We will all 38 League games, the Europa League and both domestic Cups while Brendan Rodgers cements his legacy as one of the all time Liverpool greats. There'll be posters by the bucket load telling us how they never doubted Brendan, how they always backed him and how they can't believe anybody would dare question him. (either that or they'll just disappear off the forum all together). 1st place finish for the first time in over two and half a decades.

Man City - will throw money and then even more money at their side. Buying Wilshere, Sterling, Kane and Stones along with Pogba, Busquets and Ibrahimovic from abroad. But as is often the case at City, they'll have their fair share of in-fighting. Pelligrini will be sacked after the club fail in the quarter finals of the Champions League and despite an FA Cup semi-final appearance they'll end with nothing. 3rd place finish for them.

Man Utd - will sign just two players in the summer. Sheamus Coleman from Everton and James Rodriguez from Real Madrid. Both will be excellent signings for them but Van Gaal's constant tinkering of the system and players will catch up on them this season as they finish a very poor 6th. Van Gaal will be sacked in the summer. A group stage exit from the Champions League, a third round defeat in the FA Cup to Man City and a quarter final one in the League Cup to Liverpool will just rub salt into the wounds.

Newcastle - will hit rock bottom during the start of the season as Steve McClaren fails to win any of his first twelve games. But the board will stick by him while the Toon Army are screaming for a Geordie to replace him. Banners for Ant & Dec to take over start appearing at St James'. Finally they win a game and stretch that to a fourteen game unbeaten run. Unfortunately the pressure doesn't ease on McClaren. They finish the season 13th with McClaren the most hated man on Tyne-side.

Norwich - will start the season well, surprising a few teams by picking up points against both Manchester clubs. But their smallish squad will catch up with them and they'll start sliding down the table, finding themselves in the proverbial dog-fight. And unfortunately for the Canneries they won't escape, finishing 18th and back to the Championship. They won't fare much better in the domestic Cups either, falling by the way side to lower league clubs in both instances.

Southampton - will lose Clyne and Schnerlind but like last season, their sales won't really slow them down. They'll continue to be a force to be reckoned with and give a good account of themselves as they end the season in 5th place. Forster will win the golden gloves while Ward-Prowse will win Young Player of the Year. They won't pull up any trees in Europe or the Cup competitions though.

Stoke - will have their very typical hard working season that results in a 10th place finish with no real glitz and glamour to them. A nice run to the League Cup semi finals is about as good as it gets for Stoke.

Sunderland - will start under Dick Advocat who will then be sacked come the end of November being replaced Roberto Martinez. Martinez will fail to turn around their fortunes though, also losing his job before the final three games of the season take place with Sunderland already relegated. Their third manager of the season will be former favourite Michael Gray. They'll end up rock bottom, 20th. No success in either Cup sums up a very poor season for the black cats.

Swansea - will ultimately perform to their usual standard while Garry Monk is praised to high heavens, despite not actually doing that great. There'll be talk of Monk leaving for "a bigger club" which, of course, won't come to fruition. They'll finish in their usual 8th place.

Tottenham - will be in the running for the top four right up to the last few weeks but will fall short after losing their last six games, resulting in Pocchetino being sacked and David Pleat taking over for the 272nd time on a caretaker basis. They'll make it to the semi-finals of the Europa League but won't progress further than the 5th round in either domestic Cup. Finishing 7th.

Watford - will be the pick of the promoted sides just missing out on a top half finish on the final day. Finishing 11th with Troy Deeney ending as the top scoring Englishman and finding his way into Roy Hodgson's side.

West Brom - will bore the F**k out of everybody. Pulis will have them difficult to break down, giving them the best defence in the bottom half of the table. They'll also be the lowest scorers though with a their top scorer being Chris Brunt with 4, all penalties. Finally finishing 12th.

West Ham - will struggle all season long, in and around the bottom three for the entire year. They'll go down to the wire, escaping it on a final day decider. Andy Carroll will fail to score a single goal all season. Finished 17th.
      LiverHibs
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts |
      Reply #47: Jun 18, 2015 08:41:48 pm
      Sign a top striker and we'll get top 4

Quick Reply