Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Predictions for the 2015-2016 season

Read 8499 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Predictions for the 2015-2016 season
      Reply #23: Jun 10, 2015 08:14:59 pm
      My predictions:

Increased arguing on the internet between fans. (record levels)
      No one being happy whoever we sign.
      The word mediocrity being churned out like it's this first time anyone used the word.
      Grudge fests between super hard internet warriors.
      Bitterness escalation.
      Fans being happy if we fail, just to be guy that says 'see, I told you this would happen'
      Love letters and poetic comments wrote on forums about Klopp from grown men.
      Carra being the missing link and key to the universe from at least 50% of fans.
      When we lose a game, someone will comment we should of kept Gerrard, he'd be perfect for this game.
      Fashion watch Brendan news, Everyone turns into Gok Wan all of a sudden. But act even even more camp.

Hahaha that's fantastic, probably guilty of all of those myself!

One member with 7.830 posts   500 vote Ups and Online time of 1392 hours to decide finally that whilst Rodgers reigns he cant be arsed

Ta Ra .

I know there's a few people thinking of joining Klopp on his sabbatical mate, fair dues to you if you do too.

To be honest I'd be very surprised if Rodgers makes it past christmas, especially judged on our signings so far and the rumours of further restrictions being put on our transfer budget.

For a prediction where we'll finish, based on Brendan remaining in power and us not appointing anyone of Carra/Pako level as a number 2 but instead one of the old lads like Sami or Fowler I'd say 6th is probably where I'd expect us to finish.

Just for clarity, I'd still call that a failure, it's just the height of where I believe that management team could take us.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #24: Jun 10, 2015 08:24:05 pm
      Predictions: Ian ayre joins fa, Br and Colin Pascoe announce that they are together and in a civil partnership, ings scores 45 messi style tap ins, Liverpool beat Chelsea 7-0 at stamford Bridge to win the league on goal difference, Everton are relegated, rafa is sacked after 5 minutes of his first match after boos from the crowd in Madrid. It's barely into June so lets not think too far ahead lads and lasses
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #25: Jun 10, 2015 08:38:52 pm
      Hahaha that's fantastic, probably guilty of all of those myself!

I was laughing writing it ;D, I can't predict next season just yet, need to see who we sign. So the only things I could predict were the fans escalating everything. It's happening now before it's happened.
      But, I do understand, no doubt.
      Not mocking people, I know feelings run deep, there are a few people on here I worry about a bit though, because I think, how can they even enjoy a game as it happens.

The Welsh Dragon
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 49 posts |
      Reply #26: Jun 10, 2015 10:36:39 pm
      Look, we aren't going to be signing World Class players with Rodgers on charge, with Klopp we would have more chance, but then our lack of Champions League football and wage caps means we are too restricted to compete.

I love the optimism of finishing top 4 but it's not going to happen unless we have an extraordinary summer and buy someone like Aubemyamg, which could have had happened with Klopp.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #27: Jun 10, 2015 10:54:57 pm
      For a prediction where we'll finish, based on Brendan remaining in power and us not appointing anyone of Carra/Pako level as a number 2

I've seen a few mention this Luke but I wouldn't mention Carra and Pako in the same breath in terms of suitability for the assistant managers jib so interesting to hear your thoughts on why you place him on a similar standing to Pako?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #28: Jun 10, 2015 11:08:04 pm
      I've seen a few mention this Luke but I wouldn't mention Carra and Pako in the same breath in terms of suitability for the assistant managers jib so interesting to hear your thoughts on why you place him on a similar standing to Pako?

Gut feeling mate and nothing more, it would be a gamble and I'll freely admit it could go wrong. I just believe that Carra has all the characteristics I'd want in a coach or number 2 for the following reasons:

His knowledge, there's very few people I've heard speak about the game where you're left astounded by just how much the man knows right at the moment they're asked. Sure we can all wrack our brains or search across the web and come up with comparable answers but when you want it right there and then Carra has few rivals in my book.

His absolute passion for defensive organisation, we've seen it, we've heard it, he absolutely oozes it. The lad would accept nothing less than perfection and along with that if he saw someone trying I believe he would work with them.

The symbol: Carra is one of the few remaining connections we have to recent success, that for the young lads is a massive connect to the club. Training at the place and seeing Kenny etc is a big winner but having this guy coach you would drill it into you day in and day out to the point you start thinking the same.

The fear: He's the kind of guy you wouldn't piss about with, you go in at half time 3-0 down and you're coming back out with your ears still ringing. It's not that he's 'hard' or that 'he's intimidating' it's that he's been there done it and lived it. None of what we currently have/had could offer that so while the players heard the words they wouldn't respect it nearly as much as they would from someone who has been there and done it. He would get that extra 10% out of players they didn't even know they had.

He'd back the lads perfectly in the media, a simple thing but something many can't seem to get right.

Tactics, while in no way do I believe he's a mastermind, but I do believe he'd know how to exploit weaknesses and most certainly identify strengths of the opposition.

So, while it's just a gut feeling I believe there's enough basis there to take a chance.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #29: Jun 10, 2015 11:10:56 pm
      Gut feeling mate and nothing more, it would be a gamble and I'll freely admit it could go wrong. I just believe that Carra has all the characteristics I'd want in a coach or number 2 for the following reasons:

His knowledge, there's very few people I've heard speak about the game where you're left astounded by just how much the man knows right at the moment they're asked. Sure we can all wrack our brains or search across the web and come up with comparable answers but when you want it right there and then Carra has few rivals in my book.

His absolute passion for defensive organisation, we've seen it, we've heard it, he absolutely oozes it. The lad would accept nothing less than perfection and along with that if he saw someone trying I believe he would work with them.

The symbol: Carra is one of the few remaining connections we have to recent success, that for the young lads is a massive connect to the club. Training at the place and seeing Kenny etc is a big winner but having this guy coach you would drill it into you day in and day out to the point you start thinking the same.

The fear: He's the kind of guy you wouldn't piss about with, you go in at half time 3-0 down and you're coming back out with your ears still ringing. It's not that he's 'hard' or that 'he's intimidating' it's that he's been there done it and lived it. None of what we currently have/had could offer that so while the players heard the words they wouldn't respect it nearly as much as they would from someone who has been there and done it. He would get that extra 10% out of players they didn't even know they had.

He'd back the lads perfectly in the media, a simple thing but something many can't seem to get right.

Tactics, while in no way do I believe he's a mastermind, but I do believe he'd know how to exploit weaknesses and most certainly identify strengths of the opposition.

So, while it's just a gut feeling I believe there's enough basis there to take a chance.

My gut feeling is the opposite mate even though there are things I agree with in what you write.

I also think that when you sack a managers backroom from under him because you think they are under performing you don't take any chances when hiring the next guys and you hire the very best you can with big game experience and plenty of years behind them.

Carra not for me mate.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #30: Jun 10, 2015 11:12:35 pm
      My gut feeling is the opposite mate even though there are things I agree with in what you write.

I also think that when you sack a managers backroom from under him because you think they are under performing you don't take any chances when hiring the next guys and you hire the very best you can with big game experience and plenty of years behind them.

Carra not for me mate.

Fair enough mate, be boring if we always agreed.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #31: Jun 10, 2015 11:15:44 pm
      Fair enough mate, be boring if we always agreed.

Do you not think though that with sacking Pascoe and Marsh, a move you were calling for, you wouldn't want to leave any error in hiring the guys to replace them?

If it's me I want the number two to be proven in top flight football with European experience and who fits into the philosophy of the club and is going to bring plenty to the table. Carra at this point in time has none of this and is far too much of a gamble.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #32: Jun 10, 2015 11:22:53 pm
      Do you not think though that with sacking Pascoe and Marsh, a move you were calling for, you wouldn't want to leave any error in hiring the guys to replace them?

If it's me I want the number two to be proven in top flight football with European experience and who fits into the philosophy of the club and is going to bring plenty to the table. Carra at this point in time has none of this and is far too much of a gamble.

I totally get your point mate but as we're clearly at opposite ends of this you feel it's much more of a gamble than I do.

I've already said that Pako would be an upgrade on Carra for me simply because of the reasons you state above, I'd be over the moon with Pako + Carra.

Whoever we choose to replace Pascoe and Marsh will be a gamble mate, the relationship with Brendan will be a difficult balance, Carra would at least have worked under him so Brendan would still feel he has authority. Bringing in someone from the outside, such as Pako, may result in Brendan feeling threatened for his position and the chemistry between them total breaking down before it even gets a chance.

It's a very difficult choice and given the people who make decisions at our club I fully expect them to get it monumentally wrong at the moment Si, but as always with something like this I hope nothing more than to be proven wrong.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #33: Jun 10, 2015 11:26:16 pm
      I totally get your point mate but as we're clearly at opposite ends of this you feel it's much more of a gamble than I do.

I've already said that Pako would be an upgrade on Carra for me simply because of the reasons you state above, I'd be over the moon with Pako + Carra.

Whoever we choose to replace Pascoe and Marsh will be a gamble mate, the relationship with Brendan will be a difficult balance, Carra would at least have worked under him so Brendan would still feel he has authority. Bringing in someone from the outside, such as Pako, may result in Brendan feeling threatened for his position and the chemistry between them total breaking down before it even gets a chance.

It's a very difficult choice and given the people who make decisions at our club I fully expect them to get it monumentally wrong at the moment Si, but as always with something like this I hope nothing more than to be proven wrong.

Oh I expect them to get it monumentally wrong as well mate.

I'd have no problem with Carra as a coach in some capacity but I think he should start with the youth set up and work his way up. Like I said though I have this gut feeling he isn't going to be a top class football coach.

Agree on Pako being a threat to Brendan but I see anyone coming in as a threat and FSG have kind of left themselves in this predicament by not sacking the manager while they were at it which would make the most sense.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #34: Jun 10, 2015 11:48:42 pm
      Predictions with transfer window still open is bullshit. All i can say is that Chelski, Citeh and Arsenal will all be in the top 4, not sure in what order
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #35: Jun 11, 2015 01:17:59 am
      Predictions with transfer window still open is bullshit. All i can say is that Chelski, Citeh and Arsenal will all be in the top 4, not sure in what order

My sentiments exactly Quicko, as well as the transfer window nobody appears to know who the coaches will be.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #36: Jun 12, 2015 08:56:06 am
      I f Pako  is installed as our coach it could  cause us more problems with Brendan Rodgers. Pako is a proven coach and has indeed proved himself at Anfield. The reason I ask about problems is I recall what happened with Roy Evans and Houllier , it just did not work. If the Pako move was to emanate it could of course be smart  tactics  by FSG to unsettle Rodgers.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #37: Jun 12, 2015 10:22:49 am
      I think Chelsea will win the league again. Rest of the top four remaining the same - maybe with United advancing up from 4th.

I think Spurs will finish above us again and unless we buy a reliable goalscorer then they may not be the only ones.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #38: Jun 12, 2015 10:45:03 am
      All depends on the signings . Still a hardman DM short and 20 goal a yr man and two quality FB , if we acquire these keep sterling we may just sneak in
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #39: Jun 12, 2015 11:06:08 am
      Well my predictions are not optimistic at all.I think next season will be worse than the last one.
      We will not get anywhere near to the top4 finish.I am hoping that we could win some cup,like FA Cup.Best player in our squad is Coutinho so i think that he will be Liverpools player of the next season.
      MiG
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #40: Jun 17, 2015 08:52:16 pm
      4th in the league if still on europa till March, top 3 if we're out of from the groupstage.
      another semifinal at least in one of the cup competitions.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #41: Jun 18, 2015 10:17:07 am
      Seeing the fixtures if we are in touching distance by Xmas, which is a big ask, then we can certainly challenge for the league.

But I can also see the flip side and us getting off to a slow start and many BR being sacked by Xmas.

Get some forwards in and quick for fucks sake.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #42: Jun 18, 2015 10:23:31 am
      How can anyone make a prediction when we haven't got a clue what our first team Squad is going to be like?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Jun 18, 2015 10:40:00 am
      How can anyone make a prediction when we haven't got a clue what our first team Squad is going to be like?

Spot on hardcore, it would also be nice to see how the new coaches work with the players and how Rodgers accepts being No2 if FSG bring in a D.O.F.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #44: Jun 18, 2015 10:55:49 am
      Spot on hardcore, it would also be nice to see how the new coaches work with the players and how Rodgers accepts being No2 if FSG bring in a D.O.F.

yeah I agree... who knows, they may actually turn Mario in to a footballer...
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #45: Jun 18, 2015 11:51:56 am
      Predictions ?

We'll win games. We'll lose games.

We'll go from being happy as anything to "puts the knives away" suicidal

We'll wish we had different players.

We'll bleed Liverpool red.

YNWA

Quick Reply