Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Positivity

Read 18931 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Positivity
      Jun 12, 2015 08:30:09 am
      Right, I know this could be tough for some, very tough tbf.

But let's have a go at some positivity.

Ill start it.

1) The sun is out
      2) We support LFC the greatest club of all    :kop5cf8koxp6:
      3) This forum is great
      4) So far LFC have not spunked £100mill on duds
      5) We have the little magic man coutinho
      6) Sturridge will come back fighting fit next season
      7) Stadium expansion is finally happening after many broken promises

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Re: Positivity
      Reply #1: Jun 12, 2015 09:50:15 am
      What is this new word Positivity do we know that at LFC?

Briziepool is bang on to many of us moan and always look at the negative.

its a clean slate now back room staff shake ups new stadium expansion, Sturridge coming back Origi back so pace up top.

we will be in the mix next season you watch
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #2: Jun 12, 2015 11:42:41 am
      very positive response here. 1 reply.    :lmao:
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #3: Jun 12, 2015 11:45:36 am
      HAHA

looks like just me and you lad haha

always look on the brightside of life  :f_whistle:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #4: Jun 12, 2015 11:50:16 am
      HAHA

looks like just me and you lad haha

always look on the brightside of life  :f_whistle:

Exactly mate.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #5: Jun 12, 2015 11:50:21 am

Nice intention with the thread, but on the back of last season and the current "turmoil" the club is in with regards to the manager and his staff, it's hard to blame people for not jumping for joy.

There is a genuine fear that we are going to end up so far behind the top clubs in England that we will have one hell of a hard time ever getting back close and challenging.

I am a positive person. Any and every match we play, I am convinced we will win, right to the end.

But the situation surrounding the club right now, and for a good many years, is slowly battering me down, and it's hard to see things looking rosy.

Sorry guys. :(
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Jun 12, 2015 11:57:10 am
      I was down at end of season, but Im back to being positive.

Things will be better next season.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #7: Jun 12, 2015 12:06:54 pm
      I haven't been negative since we drew the second half at Stoke......
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #8: Jun 12, 2015 12:08:55 pm
      its a new season we cant dwell on the past as it cant be changed we back the manager get rid of any player who is not honourd and proud to wear the famous liverpool shirt and we go again!!

we will be written off already before a ball has been kicked so hopefully that puts fire in the belly of those committed to fighting to get us back on top.

all we need is another Striker and a RB and we are good to go IMO

Bring it on!!!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #9: Jun 12, 2015 12:13:21 pm
      I haven't been negative since we drew the second half at Stoke......

;D ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #10: Jun 12, 2015 12:15:03 pm
      its a new season we cant dwell on the past as it cant be changed we back the manager get rid of any player who is not honourd and proud to wear the famous liverpool shirt and we go again!!

we will be written off already before a ball has been kicked so hopefully that puts fire in the belly of those committed to fighting to get us back on top.

all we need is another Striker and a RB and we are good to go IMO

Bring it on!!!!

Indeed. The striker is the biggie though. This is probably the 1 deal we are all hoping for, it could be the 1 deal that will bring more fans back to the side of positivity.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #11: Jun 12, 2015 12:20:58 pm
      Indeed. The striker is the biggie though. This is probably the 1 deal we are all hoping for, it could be the 1 deal that will bring more fans back to the side of positivity.
      agreed, Ings is a great signing IF he's not the next Borini and made to rot on the bench i would like to see him get a good run of 10 games back to back. Origi excites me as he's got for Belgium when surrounded by good players assisting him and it will be interesting to see what last season has done to Mario and if he steps up. i think we get a top striker in before trying to move on mario
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #12: Jun 12, 2015 12:43:06 pm
      I have to say I am strangely upbeat this week for some bizarre reason.

Maybe because we've had a good week in the business after a long hard winter! :D

Liverpool wise I'm holding onto the the hope that FSG have finally got their act together and while not going the whole hog and firing Brendan they have plans to improve the strucyre both above and below him and despite my better judgement I have a gut feeling it might just happen this time.
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2015 12:55:55 pm by srslfc »
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #13: Jun 12, 2015 12:54:27 pm
      Im just bored of having the hump... it takes alot out of ya!!

after the 6-1 I wanted the manager gone, it hasn't happened so now what? I cant keep getting angry!!

So my glass is now half full... just becuase I'm worn out already by shouting how empty it is!!!

YNWA... :aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :clap: :drinking: :food-smiley-005: :ernaehrung004: :oranje: :celebrate:
      « Last Edit: Jun 12, 2015 02:07:38 pm by JustMingle »
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #14: Jun 12, 2015 01:08:42 pm
      Nice intention with the thread, but on the back of last season and the current "turmoil" the club is in with regards to the manager and his staff, it's hard to blame people for not jumping for joy.

There is a genuine fear that we are going to end up so far behind the top clubs in England that we will have one hell of a hard time ever getting back close and challenging.

I am a positive person. Any and every match we play, I am convinced we will win, right to the end.

But the situation surrounding the club right now, and for a good many years, is slowly battering me down, and it's hard to see things looking rosy.

Sorry guys. :(

I will take honesty over hype everytime. We are were we are but we can do so much better.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #15: Jun 12, 2015 01:10:06 pm
      Positivity! Boo down with that sort of thing
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16: Jun 12, 2015 01:12:38 pm

Positivity! Boo down with that sort of thing

your begining to sound like Father Ted ;D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #17: Jun 12, 2015 01:16:33 pm
      I think if some of the posters on here even let the hint of a positive thought enter their minds their heads would explode.

Times aren't the best I'll admit but surely we follow the club for enjoyment and I'm trying to get a bit of positivity back into my head where we are concerned.

May well be misplaced but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the summer moaning about every little aspect of what's going on.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #18: Jun 12, 2015 01:23:46 pm
      I think if some of the posters on here even let the hint of a psoitve thought enter their minds their heads would explode.

Times aren't the best I'll admit but surely we follow the club for enjoyment and I'm trying to get a bit of positivity back into my head where we are concerned.

May well be misplaced but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the summer moaning about every little aspect of what's going on.

I blame the interwebs.
      People can get away with saying things that would get them in trouble in person, or down the pub.

For what it's worth, I don't think we are in bad shape at all.
      We've been better, but we've also been much worse.
      Then again, I'm a positive person, and I don't start screaming that the sky is falling every time I disagree with something that happens at the club.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #19: Jun 12, 2015 01:25:25 pm
      I blame the interwebs.
      People can get away with saying things that would get them in trouble in person, or down the pub.

For what it's worth, I don't think we are in bad shape at all.
      We've been better, but we've also been much worse.
      Then again, I'm a positive person, and I don't start screaming that the sky is falling every time I disagree with something that happens at the club.

Agree mate.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #20: Jun 12, 2015 01:33:12 pm
      Positivity? I've got sh!t loads.

1. Coutinho is maturing fast and is genuinely a top player, this coming season he'll develop into being one of the best players in the league.

2. At some point Daniel Sturridge will be fit again. When he's at his very best, with the exception of Aguerro I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the league.

3. The future captain cannot be as bad this year as he was last. It's that simple, he cannot. Even when making lots of mistakes though, he has demonstrated that he obviously has lots of ability. Next season more will see it.

4. I fully expect us by the start of the season to have signed a credible right back.

5. Simon Mignolet when he's not having a mental breakdown is a decent keeper. Hopefully he'll go through the whole of next season in "decent keeper" mode, and leave the Randall McMurphy tendancies well behind.

6. Emre Can has it in his locker to become a really really good player. My guess is we won't see him at his very best next season, but in midfield (where his future lies) we'll see the beginnings of a monster player. 

7. James Milner is an excellent signing who was good enough to force his way into Man City's team on merit. He will instantly be one of our best players, and is a squillion per cent better than many on here give him credit for.

8. Danny Ings is going to surprise a lot of people, I just know it.

9. We will get a backroom team which are superior to Pascoe and Marsh. Not sure how the body language, the haircuts, the nodding or the dress sense will compare, but I'm confident Brendan wouldn't have agreed to let them go and stay around himself unless he was sure they could be improved on.

10. The destracting and destructive influence of Balitelli and Sterling will no longer be a factor.

11. Origi must be an improvement on Borini, Baloteeli and Lambert. If he isn't they should have given me a ring, because I would be.

dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #21: Jun 12, 2015 01:33:34 pm
      We'll win the League.
      We'll win the FA Cup.
      We'll win the League Cup.
      We'll win the Europa League.
      One of Fowler and McManaman's horses will win the National.
      The Ferry will win the boat race.
      Aigburth will be awarded an Ashes Test, which will produce the greatest Test match of all time, where England will reclaim the urn.
      Stephen Bunting (Liverpool fan) will become Darts world champion 2016.
      Ricky Walden (Liverpool fan) will become Snooker world champion in 2016.
      Sheamus (Liverpool fan) will win Money in the Bank tomorrow night, win the Royal Rumble, headline WrestleMania and become the longest reigning WWE champ of all time.
      Hoylake will host the greatest ever US Open.
      Birkdale will host the greatest ever British Open.
      Lee Park will host the greatest ever Masters.
      Allerton will host the greatest ever PGA Championship.
      Calderstones will host the greatest ever Wimbledon.

And I've got a sneaky feeling that the Anfield Rap might just win Eurovision this year.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #22: Jun 12, 2015 01:34:10 pm
      Positivity? I've got sh!t loads.

1. Coutinho is maturing fast and is genuinely a top player, this coming season he'll develop into being one of the best players in the league.

2. At some point Daniel Sturridge will be fit again. When he's at his very best, with the exception of Aguerro I wouldn't swap him for anyone in the league.

3. The future captain cannot be as bad this year as he was last. It's that simple, he cannot. Even when making lots of mistakes though, he has demonstrated that he obviously has lots of ability. Next season more will see it.

4. I fully expect us by the start of the season to have signed a credible right back.

5. Simon Mignolet when he's not having a mental breakdown is a decent keeper. Hopefully he'll go through the whole of next season in "decent keeper" mode, and leave the Randall McMurphy tendancies well behind.

6. Emre Can has it in his locker to become a really really good player. My guess is we won't see him at his very best next season, but in midfield (where his future lies) we'll see the beginnings of a monster player. 

7. James Milner is an excellent signing who was good enough to force his way into Man City's team on merit. He will instantly be one of our best players, and is a squillion per cent better than many on here give him credit for.

8. Danny Ings is going to surprise a lot of people, I just know it.

9. We will get a backroom team which are superior to Pascoe and Marsh. Not sure how the body language, the haircuts, the nodding or the dress sense will compare, but I'm confident Brendan wouldn't have agreed to let them go and stay around himself unless he was sure they could be improved on.

10. The destracting and destructive influence of Balitelli and Sterling will no longer be a factor.

11. Origi must be an improvement on Borini, Baloteeli and Lambert. If he isn't they should have given me a ring, because I would be.

Top post Mick although if I were you I wouldn't bet your boozer on Mario not being here next season.

Quick Reply