Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Positivity

Read 19031 times
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Re: Positivity
      Reply #115: Aug 24, 2015 07:59:31 am
      Cant wait for the positivism ripping out of this forum tonight at 10pm, when we have just won at arsenal, and we are sitting pretty joint top with city. ;D

come on lads positive vibes and prayers (if thats your thing).

We can do it. !!
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #116: Aug 24, 2015 04:48:51 pm
      Cant wait for the positivism ripping out of this forum tonight at 10pm, when we have just won at arsenal, and we are sitting pretty joint top with city. ;D

come on lads positive vibes and prayers (if thats your thing).

We can do it. !!

I think we're gonna need a bouncer on this thread for that one. Checking positive ID's. No negativity allowed whatsoever if that happens, we've had some intruders on here lately.

We got it tonight though.  :boxing:
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #117: Aug 24, 2015 09:53:37 pm
      I have that mentality because because no direct plan or system has won us those two games. An individual piece of magic and poor decisions by officials  earned us 6 pts.
      Not a system by the manager or great play. Luck.

Brendan Rodgers says F**k off WUM
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #118: Aug 24, 2015 10:20:29 pm
      Unbeaten in first three league games with aways at Stoke and Arsenal is as good as many of us would have wished for.

I'm really looking forward to this season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,071 posts | 2746 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #119: Aug 25, 2015 12:20:47 am
      In the last 10 league games of last season we conceded 18 goals. 0 in 3 so far this
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #120: Aug 25, 2015 12:40:09 am
      Migs looks great.

Backline looks great.

Midfield looks almost great.

Attack looks capable of even more than greatness.

7 of 9 points.

0 goals conceded.

T-2nd on the table.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #121: Aug 25, 2015 01:24:31 am
      Migs looks great.

Backline looks great.

Midfield looks almost great.

Attack looks capable of even more than greatness.

7 of 9 points.

0 goals conceded.

T-2nd on the table.

It's hard not to be positive right now, but we have been riding our luck. We've benefitted from 3 poor decisions already that have earned us 3 or 4 points more than we "deserve."  Bournemouth should have scored (weak foul in my opinion), Benteke's goal should have been ruled out, and Ramsey's should have stood.

However,  we look solid at the back, dangerous on the break, and organized in possession. Say it quietly,  but if the chemistry continues to grow between Benteke, Coutinho, and Firmino then we could develop into a legit title contender....
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #122: Aug 25, 2015 11:24:35 am
      I think we're gonna need a bouncer on this thread for that one. Checking positive ID's. No negativity allowed whatsoever if that happens, we've had some intruders on here lately.

We got it tonight though.  :boxing:

nearly nearly the win I predicted. A draw is good enough though.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #123: Aug 25, 2015 12:00:23 pm

In the same vein, Arsenal have had their share of luck, too, so they can't really complain.

For example: Coquelin should have been sent off against Palace and thus missed this game. Without him playing it's likely we would have obliterated their midfield from the get-go and scored multiple times. That didn't happen, they had Coquelin, and he made the game difficult for us.

However, we looked good when we were on the attack last night and even better when on the defensive. It's a far-cry from the past three season under BR that have seen us leaking goals almost every game.

Remember when we started two seasons ago with three clean sheets? Yeah, we ended up conceding FIFTY goals in the remaining 35 matchess. I definitely do not see that happening this time.

littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #124: Aug 25, 2015 12:48:36 pm
      Brendan Rodgers says f**k off WUM

That's not what i heard. No, he said" Dear Littleface, i took on board your healthy , constructive criticism after the Bournemouth game , you were correct on many points but i still decided to go 4-3-3 instead of the 4-5-1 you mentioned. lots of love, don't be a stranger Brendanxxxxx"

"P.s. I bet your dead good looking and can run dead fast"
      « Last Edit: Aug 25, 2015 01:54:19 pm by littleface »
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #125: Aug 25, 2015 02:32:26 pm
      In the same vein, Arsenal have had their share of luck, too, so they can't really complain.

For example: Coquelin should have been sent off against Palace and thus missed this game. Without him playing it's likely we would have obliterated their midfield from the get-go and scored multiple times. That didn't happen, they had Coquelin, and he made the game difficult for us.

However, we looked good when we were on the attack last night and even better when on the defensive. It's a far-cry from the past three season under BR that have seen us leaking goals almost every game.

Remember when we started two seasons ago with three clean sheets? Yeah, we ended up conceding FIFTY goals in the remaining 35 matchess. I definitely do not see that happening this time.

Oh, I wasn't complaining.  Just pointing out that we need to start asserting ourselves a little more in order to continue picking up points when the decisions are no longer going our way....
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #126: Aug 28, 2015 07:54:34 pm
      In the last 10 league games of last season we conceded 18 goals. 0 in 3 so far this

Of the two fixtures that existed last year that we have played so far, we conceded 10 goals in those alone. Makes 0 in 3 even better.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #127: Aug 28, 2015 09:31:38 pm
      Of the two fixtures that existed last year that we have played so far, we conceded 10 goals in those alone. Makes 0 in 3 even better.

I actually agree, although i'm not TOTALLY convinced just yet. But this still does amount to progress. Even with the argument ( that i have made) that we have been lucky. It has not all been down to luck. Lets just hope this is a learning curve and not a spike in our fortune.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #128: Aug 30, 2015 09:01:15 pm
      At least the Mancs and Chavs both lost....
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,497 posts | 1759 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #129: Aug 31, 2015 08:25:27 am
      At least the Mancs and Chavs both lost....

TBF. We are keeping up with top 4 rivals apart from City, league is theirs to lose already.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #130: Aug 31, 2015 03:48:25 pm
      TBF. We are keeping up with top 4 rivals apart from City, league is theirs to lose already.

Yeah that's a great point. Now that the West Ham game is 2 days behind us, a little dose of perspective helps. It remains to be seen, though, if the result was a blip or a more damning sign.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #131: Sep 13, 2015 05:39:05 pm
      I'm positive that we were F***ing awful yesterday and bar one half at Arsenal when some celebrated a draw like we'd won the cup we've been awful all season and beyond that.

Positive that I want a change now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #132: Sep 13, 2015 06:02:13 pm
      I am Positive FSG do not have a scooby doo what to do next
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #133: Sep 13, 2015 06:05:45 pm
      I am Positive FSG do not have a scooby doo what to do next

Spit it out and be true to yourself, I get the jist.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #134: Sep 17, 2015 12:23:34 pm
      I tried to be positive all summer.

I tried to be positive after the grinding out of those first couple of results.

Not sure I can do it anymore while there is little evidence the manager hasn't learned anything from his time here.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #135: Sep 17, 2015 01:03:03 pm
      I'm with you Si.

I've tried to remain positive as long as I can but if we can't get Luis Suarez back and a fit Daniel Sturridge partnering him, then I can't be too positive.

It's F***ing gutwrenching!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #136: Sep 17, 2015 01:05:36 pm
      Positivity comes from results or at least good performances that give us belief the results are on their way. It doesn't come from looking out your depth, playing players out of position, having the same old excuse and most of all...not from getting twatted pretty much every week.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #137: Sep 17, 2015 01:07:07 pm
      Positivity comes from results or at least good performances that give us belief the results are on their way. It doesn't come from looking out your depth, playing players out of position, having the same old excuse and most of all...not from getting twatted pretty much every week.

Yep.

Quick Reply