Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Positivity

Read 19041 times
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Re: Positivity
      Reply #23: Jun 12, 2015 01:38:27 pm
      Top post Mick although if I were you I wouldn't bet your boozer on Mario not being here next season.

no noises yet for Mario, but he could go back to Italy at any time... even after the season kicks off!!

i hope so anyway!!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #24: Jun 12, 2015 01:45:50 pm
      Im liking it. Well in lads.   :aaliverpoolwz0:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Jun 12, 2015 01:47:15 pm
      I think if some of the posters on here even let the hint of a positive thought enter their minds their heads would explode.

Times aren't the best I'll admit but surely we follow the club for enjoyment and I'm trying to get a bit of positivity back into my head where we are concerned.

May well be misplaced but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend the summer moaning about every little aspect of what's going on.

Exactly.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #26: Jun 12, 2015 01:53:49 pm
      More positivity and some predictions, good and bad.

1. I think Sterling will be sold to Man City. We'll claim it's for 45 million quid, but clever people who check out the accounts of the club will note it's actually 38 million quid plus add ons. At least with Man City you have actually got chances of cashing in on the add ons.

2. We'll sign Nathanial Clyne for 15.5 million quid. He'll turn out to be an excellent signing.

3. Martin Skrtel will be sold to Inter Milan for 9.5 million quid. People will (rightly) be outraged.

4. Balotelli will be loaned out to Sampadoria. We'll have to pay half his wages. It will be an excellent deal for us.

5. Rickie Lambert will be sold to Norwich for 2.5 million quid. Borini will go to Udinesi for 6.5 million.

6. We'll sign a striker from the Belgian league. His name is Aleksandar Mitrović and I've never heard of him. I simply googled "top scorer in Belgian league" after first checking lots of other leagues and his name came up. He plays for Anderlecht is 6ft 2 inches and is 20 years old. Some people on the forum will claim to have been watching him since "he first broke into Sarajevo's youth team".

7. We'll sign Arda Turan from Athletico, bringing to an end the longest transfer saga in the history of association football. 
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #27: Jun 12, 2015 01:57:57 pm
      1. I think Sterling will be sold to Man City. We'll claim it's for 45 million quid, but clever people who check out the accounts of the club will note it's actually 38 million quid plus add ons. At least with Man City you have actually got chances of cashing in on the add ons.

7. We'll sign Arda Turan from Athletico, bringing to an end the longest transfer saga in the history of association football. 

Nah mate, one of the odds on to the Sterling deal will be getting David Villa from New York City, thus ending the longest transfer saga in the history of football. ;)
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #28: Jun 12, 2015 02:06:35 pm
      I see the sun seems to have got to a few on here.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Jun 12, 2015 02:06:45 pm
      agreed, Ings is a great signing IF he's not the next Borini and made to rot on the bench i would like to see him get a good run of 10 games back to back. Origi excites me as he's got for Belgium when surrounded by good players assisting him and it will be interesting to see what last season has done to Mario and if he steps up. i think we get a top striker in before trying to move on mario

Im much more happy going into next season with Origi & Ings, rather than lambert & borini.

We just need to get shot of Mario and replace with a much much better and much much more mobile striker.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #30: Jun 12, 2015 02:12:32 pm
      Im much more happy going into next season with Origi & Ings, rather than lambert & borini.

We just need to get shot of Mario and replace with a much much better and much much more mobile striker.

even if only 1 of them turns in a decent season of 12-15 goals, its a massive improvement from the manky set of strikers we had last year!

and on Mario... just getting rid would be a positive... dont care for how much or even if its a loan... just dont be there next season !!!
      LFCexiled
      Reply #31: Jun 12, 2015 02:15:05 pm
      I flatly refused to partake in this nonsense unless corballyreds membership is reinstated.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #32: Jun 12, 2015 02:18:30 pm
      I flatly refused to partake in this nonsense unless corballyreds membership is reinstated.

who is corballyreds ?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #33: Jun 12, 2015 02:24:19 pm

;D

Just follow him on Twitter Exiled.

Doom and gloom doesn't even being to cover it.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #34: Jun 12, 2015 02:27:02 pm

Ex member here and the doom monger of all doom mongers. Google corballyred.

Good luck. ;D
      LFCexiled
      Reply #35: Jun 12, 2015 02:28:07 pm
      ;D

Just follow him on Twitter Exiled.

Doom and gloom doesn't even being to cover it.

He'd be in his bloody element around here these days, his keyboard would be splattered with man juice.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #36: Jun 12, 2015 02:32:29 pm
      He'd be in his bloody element around here these days, his keyboard would be splattered with man juice.

:lmao:
      LFCexiled
      Reply #37: Jun 12, 2015 02:33:49 pm
      Just follow him on Twitter Exiled

I don't twitter but I've just had a look at his twitter, F**k me he's worse than I remembered. And he's got nearly three thousand people listening to him!

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #38: Jun 12, 2015 02:36:41 pm
      I don't twitter but I've just had a look at his twitter, F**k me he's worse than I remembered. And he's got nearly three thousand people listening to him!

Its crazy mate.

He does come up with the odd bit of sense now and again though.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #39: Jun 12, 2015 02:45:30 pm
      What's his reaction to us letting Glen Johnson go...and on a free?
      LFCexiled
      Reply #40: Jun 12, 2015 02:46:45 pm

Jizz, everywhere.
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #41: Jun 12, 2015 02:48:56 pm

:lmao:

he cant be that bad!!! I'm looking him up!!

*checks Twitter on iphone
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,531 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #42: Jun 12, 2015 02:49:06 pm
      even if only 1 of them turns in a decent season of 12-15 goals, its a massive improvement from the manky set of strikers we had last year!

and on Mario... just getting rid would be a positive... dont care for how much or even if its a loan... just dont be there next season !!!

All posatives then. ;D
      JustMingle
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 982 posts | 62 
      • 6 Times
      Reply #43: Jun 12, 2015 02:52:02 pm
      I take that back... i agree he likes a whinge!!

He is bang on though regarding Benteke... I hope and pray from the bottom of my soul, we dont waste a £ note on this guy!!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4928 
      Reply #44: Jun 12, 2015 03:00:28 pm

He still thinks he's the world's best fullback the last I heard him talk about Glen. ;D
      trebor1968
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 12, 2015 04:16:49 pm
      I'm always positive come the new season. We've brought in 3 signings for the squad already so that's positive. I'd like us to play a 4 4 2 diamond next season, its the best football I've seen us play and to do that I think we need someone like Tevez to come in. He's a hard grafter, similar to Suarez, so I think he would complement Sturridge ,Origi or Ings.

Quick Reply